Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2015 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh it was pretty generic. I think the fan service was expected and since it's a harem, there's hints of that already of what's to come. Aika is surprisingly more aggressive though...

I definitely think the MC needs a bit of improvement as well although I think the voice acting of the cast works quite well. The OP song: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38v91s

ED song was okay.

Oct 7, 2015 8:48 AM

Dec 2013
As a manga reader it was a nice start. I know were the budget went... sasuga SL

I can't believe what i saw in the OP....
Definetly NSFW(weird stuff)
Oct 7, 2015 8:59 AM

Jul 2014
Is that the mangaka superimposed on the moon?

This is hilarious though

That maid's VA fools me every time, I thought it was Ana from OniAi's voice actress in Mikagura Gakuen and as Eriri in SaeKano too, from now on I'm just going to assume it's not Ana every time I hear that voice :(
Red_TuesdayOct 7, 2015 9:02 AM
Oct 7, 2015 9:26 AM

Jul 2013
pab1994 said:
I can't believe what i saw in the OP....
Definetly NSFW(weird stuff)

Damn, watching this really reminds me of Kaki-man from Youkai Shoujo lol.

Oct 7, 2015 10:30 AM

Apr 2010
Well it was as much nonsense as the first chapter of the manga but when Aika came in things started turing for the better.
Hopefully we will get more Eri in the anime compared to the manga she is definitely one of the best girls.
Oct 7, 2015 10:46 AM

Mar 2012
I have zero formal training in Japanese but I somehow managed to understand what was going on most of the time. It's a shame that being able to watch raw anime every now and then is the only benefit of my very limited knowledge of Japanese.

That wasn't too bad to be honest. Been getting really sick of this ecchi fantasy harem trend so it's actually kind of refreshing to run into a fanservice show that doesn't have some retarded super serious plot or borderline hentai levels of ecchi.

Not the best show ever but I'll give it a shot. Their methods for getting me to watch the next episode are quite persuasive.

Oct 7, 2015 11:29 AM

May 2013
I thought that One-Punch man was the comedy of the season but this is OP.

Episode 2 have more fanservice.
Oct 7, 2015 12:51 PM

Feb 2015
LOL A very simple story. Commoner and rich girls. love it. can't wait to see next one.
This is gonna be funny and ridiculous. The op and the ed SONG was great too.

>>http://imgur.com/tV1CksX. This is shit. i just hope they won't show it again. it was really disturbing.
Oct 7, 2015 12:55 PM

Jan 2015
Tevens said:

>>http://imgur.com/tV1CksX. This is shit. i just hope they won't show it again. it was really disturbing.

I think that a lot of people will complain about this show and drop it just for this frame.
Oct 7, 2015 2:20 PM

Apr 2014
I love the manga, it's so funny XD

Oct 7, 2015 2:33 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Even though it's generic and cliche, I can't deny the fact that that was pretty funny. Harem/Ecchi of the season.

4/5
Oct 7, 2015 2:51 PM

Jun 2014
Oh boy, this really got the short end of the stick when it comes to budget. Well, Silver Link is busy this season so it's understandable.

I still think the manga pulled off the opening scenes better because Kimito was already in full blow "troll mode" within two chapters. He was just kinda there for this episode. I also can't get used to their facial character designs, but we'll see in the next episodes.

Also fuck this bitch she doesn't deserve screentime
Oct 7, 2015 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
RIP those leg posters!! even Kurusu Kimihito feels you!!!
Oct 7, 2015 3:07 PM

Aug 2010
KINNIKU DAISUKI!!! LOL
Willing to sacrifice anything for his D XD

And having a thigh fetish! This guy gets it. Actually holy shit this show gets it. All dem thigh shots *A* That's enough of a reason for me to watch it :L

Aika is pretty likable for her archetype which I usually hate. She cute. Tsunpure? A new type of tsundere.

ED is really good too
Oct 7, 2015 4:10 PM

Jun 2014
hilarious show. loved the OP
Oct 7, 2015 4:34 PM

Mar 2013
Well that wasn't disappointing at all. It was the usual harem with the male lead going to live surrounded by girls because of a very ridiculous reason. Cliche but not bad.
LOL at how he has to fake that he's gay and likes muscles to keep his dick safe from being chopped off. Poor guy.
The animation felt pretty derpy at times... It came to bother me at some point. I hope it gets better soon.
Can't say I didn't enjoy this first episode. It was hilarious, despite its flaws.
Oct 7, 2015 5:32 PM

Jan 2011
did someone say Muscle love? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy23eTiRiME
but i really wasn't expecting some of those shots i saw in the OP...shit

while this show seems pretty dumb i still might find myself watching it just for seeing how oblivious the characters are to everything.

only sucks Silver Link clearly putting less toward this show for the season makes sense with them doing 3 shows, Rakudai looks good so hopefully Taimadou Gakuen doesn't suffer as much.
Oct 7, 2015 5:48 PM
Sep 2015
Looks like it is getting some very terrible reviews from Japan, because its very low production value (in the other words; its pictures make it looks like a low-budget anime.)
http://mastiff.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime/1443354141/

Some Japanese people begin to predict the “Shomin Sample” will be one of the biggest Anime flops in this season, and would have under-1K average disc sales.

PS: For some Japanese people, the anime's production value is more important than anything (including the anime's story); it is why Rokka flopped in Japan disc sales, while Charlotte still did well in Japan disc sales.
johnanime2015Oct 7, 2015 6:06 PM
Oct 7, 2015 6:16 PM
Oct 2012
AsianYeti said:

fuck this bitch she doesn't deserve screentime
hope that bitch dies and burns in hell
Oct 7, 2015 6:39 PM

Jun 2014
johnanime2015 said:
Some Japanese people begin to predict the “Shomin Sample” will be one of the biggest Anime flops in this season, and would have under-1K average disc sales.

That is one pessimistic audience. Well, I can't blame them. Even I, who really enjoys the series (the manga, at least) can't even justify the low production value. The weird facial character designs doesn't make it any better. I wish they just took the designs straight from the source material or the manga (what even is the point of making it look worse?). >_>
Oct 7, 2015 6:55 PM
Sep 2015
AsianYeti said:
johnanime2015 said:

That is one pessimistic audience. Well, I can't blame them. Even I, who really enjoys the series (the manga, at least) can't even justify the low production value. The weird facial character designs doesn't make it any better. I wish they just took the designs straight from the source material or the manga (what even is the point of making it look worse?). >_>

I guess it isn't SILVER LINK's fault; it seems because production committee (aka. the financiers) only gave very low budget to SILVER LINK.

After seeing the anime, I think that SILVER LINK is really trying their best with the low budget they have, and the story looks funny. It is very sad that “Shomin Sample” will very likely to flop because of low budget.

(On the other hand, another SILVER LINK new anime "AntiMagic Academy" has much better production value; looks like SILVER LINK receive much bigger budget on that one.)

Overall, Japan animes are making more money than ever (thanks to international sales). But its looks like the average budget of animes becomes lower (and the average salary of anime workers is still very low); it is very strange.
Oct 7, 2015 8:04 PM

Jun 2014
johnanime2015 said:
AsianYeti said:

I guess it isn't SILVER LINK's fault; it seems because production committee (aka. the financiers) only gave very low budget to SILVER LINK.

After seeing the anime, I think that SILVER LINK is really trying their best with the low budget they have, and the story looks funny. It is very sad that “Shomin Sample” will very likely to flop because of low budget.

(On the other hand, another SILVER LINK new anime "AntiMagic Academy" has much better production value; looks like SILVER LINK receive much bigger budget on that one.)

Overall, Japan animes are making more money than ever (thanks to international sales). But its looks like the average budget of animes becomes lower (and the average salary of anime workers is still very low); it is very strange.

I don't see them taking advantage of that, though. We've proven before that we can collectively fund a kickstarter if there are people who are interested enough to see a project come to fruition. The entire r/anime subreddit alone has more than 300,000 people subscribed to it, and there are at least half of those people who are willing to directly buy Blu-rays and DVDs from wherever they came from in Japan instead of Funimation, etc. Rokka no Yuusha's pathetic sales also wouldn't have had to happen because people fucking loved it here in the West.

Of course, I'm talking out of my ass here since I barely know anything about the matter. I'm sure it's a lot more complicated than I think, but it frustrates me how insignificant our influence are when there are so many options for the industry to thrive better.
Oct 7, 2015 8:09 PM

Apr 2015
Wow. Um... That was one of the better ecchi shows. I'll try it, I guess...
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Oct 7, 2015 8:58 PM
Aug 2012
johnanime2015 said:

The blame goes both ways. The main reason the budgets get lower is because of competition between studios for contracts. It's an on-going cycle of companies proposing to animate a show even cheaper, and the financiers are more than happy to accept. Lately, lots of new studios have emerged (Lay-duce, Troyca, Felix Film, Production IMS, Shuka, Seva, Passione, NAZ, Bridge, Wit Studio, Studio 3Hz, Liden Films, etc. This doesn't include small subcontractors, which have also been proliferating at a fast pace, nor does it gauge the impact to larger studios when large numbers of people leave to start new companies), and you can bet that a competitive advantage is to produce at even lower cost than the companies they left. This then pressures everyone to go even lower the next time.

Think of consumer goods. Because of constant demand for cheaper goods, prices plunge as companies compete for your money. The market may grow bigger, but there comes a point when manufacturing quality becomes poor (as producers cut costs to meet those low target prices) and when profit margins are so low that companies can't survive without selling a bazillion units. At this step, consolidation is the next trend.

As for Silver Link, they're outsourcing a lot (even moving some key animation to Korea) to push out more shows. Nowadays, it isn't uncommon for them to outsource half the episodes for some series.
YerldOct 7, 2015 9:38 PM
Oct 7, 2015 9:19 PM

Jul 2009
Stark700 said:
I definitely think the MC needs a bit of improvement as well although I think the voice acting of the cast works quite well.

I should point out that the lead male is the same seiyuu as the lead male from Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Oct 7, 2015 9:31 PM

Feb 2013
As a huge fan of the manga i have to say that based on the op animation alone that this anime is gonna be pretty disappointing...
But i will give it a chance when the subs come out thats for sure, but i wont be as hyped as i was before...
None of the VA's are really well known from what I see so im a tad worried but you gotta try.
Oct 7, 2015 9:33 PM

May 2011
xxtyrantxx said:
AsianYeti said:

fuck this bitch she doesn't deserve screentime
hope that bitch dies and burns in hell

Now I'm curious why you guys are psycho about a character that got 2 seconds of screen time.

BTW that green beret team scared the shit out of me.

EDIT: never mind, i went through and saw she was a back-stabbing manipulator.
CirrisOct 7, 2015 9:38 PM
Oct 8, 2015 4:31 AM

Aug 2011
arsonal said:
Stark700 said:
I definitely think the MC needs a bit of improvement as well although I think the voice acting of the cast works quite well.

I should point out that the lead male is the same seiyuu as the lead male from Gakusen Toshi Asterisk.

Mc also VA Mikihiko, Mahouka
Oct 8, 2015 6:42 AM

Jan 2015
OrangeJP said:
I love the manga, it's so funny XD

Is he gay?
Oct 8, 2015 8:27 AM

Mar 2012
I see that downloading the raw for this show was the right choice. Subs still aren't out yet. I'm glad my basic knowledge of the manga and the Japanese language were enough to pull me through the episode.

Geez fansubbers have gotten fucking lazy ever since simulcasting became popular. If Funimation or Crunchyroll don't release the episodes on time they're completely lost. Hopefully once Funi establishes a schedule we won't have to wait too long for subs.
Oct 8, 2015 11:59 AM

Sep 2013
OMG WTFFFFFF?!!!
And it's so nicely draw, you can even see it in his asshole XD

NSFW

I love muscles too, no homo, so I can understand him.
Stuff like baki and bara aka GAR aka real man.
----
Besides that it was good, instantly one of the best of the season XD
Oct 8, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2015
Seems interesting, another viewpoint to the clasic history of the boy in the world of girls
Oct 8, 2015 2:53 PM

Aug 2013
So is anyone subbing this? CR, Funi, Daisuki, Hulu, anyone?
Oct 8, 2015 4:09 PM

Nov 2008
Jonesy974 said:

Funi. But they're taking their sweet, sweet time.
Oct 8, 2015 6:58 PM

Mar 2009
^Classic Funi.
Oct 8, 2015 8:02 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
First and foremost, these Ojousama(s) are overly oblivious, even for high class ladies. What the F-kinda question is this? "Have you used the subway before?" — No, I use rockets to commute.

Secondly, if their goal is to familiarize these Ojousama(s) with the plebeian world, wouldn't the best course of action be to bring in a hoard of (gay) guys instead of a single one? Even better, sending the girls to public schools along their personal maids?

But then it won't be amusing, right? There'd be no harem cliches awaiting to happen every so often, right? Plot convenience level is over 6969.

Well, at least the animation is decent even though the girls are average-looking at best. Kinniku Daisuki! scene was somewhat funny though.
VindstotOct 8, 2015 10:06 PM

Oct 8, 2015 8:15 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Homo MC lmao
Oct 8, 2015 8:31 PM

Jan 2012
Pretty faithful adaptation of what little of the manga I read. I was most amused by the girls being so awed by simple things like a prepaid pass or smartphone.
Oct 8, 2015 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
The manga is fucking hilarious. Hopefully this is Noucome 2.0, it certainly has the potential.

The opening is so brain-dead, like the rest of the anime. I love it.

#HakuaStrips #whendoingmath
Oct 8, 2015 9:29 PM
Oct 2013
hate that maid tho. her attitude right off the bat was unappealing but it should make for some laughs later. i hope.
Oct 8, 2015 10:33 PM

Dec 2013
This first episode was hilarious. Red head girl is best girl lol
Oct 8, 2015 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Kimito, he has to act like that he has a muscle fetish.

This is going to be a fun show to watch!
Oct 8, 2015 11:20 PM
Jul 2011
That maid name is Miyuki was it?
Kimito, he should tell Miyuki and the Headmaster Sayuri that there won't be a Yamato Nadeshiko at this rate.
Raising them into Yamato Nadeshiko, for having a Headmaster such as Sayuri, it is hard to believe.

Tough luck for Kimito, I think he is going to have lot of headaches afterwards.
I truly wish him luck to straighten the female students anyway he can, especially things about commoners.

Kimito is of course attracted to Reiko out of all other female students I guess.
Reiko, she tried so hard to be perfect returning things to the owner, but.

Aika, Kimito's first friend in his new school.

Eri, Kimito's childhood friend.
I'm actually curious what kind of action she is going to take considering her character and since Kimito is away from his previous school.

The Casting Voice, the actors are all unfamiliar, and I think it is fine with the performance in this episode.
At least to me, I did not feel any awkwardness.
I have hope for this series.

Note: I'm not going to talk about those muscle men. Headaches because of clueless students about commoners in Seikain All-Girls School are more than enough as it is.
rladls717Oct 8, 2015 11:28 PM
Oct 8, 2015 11:23 PM

Feb 2013
This has met all of my expectations, I fell in love with the premise, and have been waiting to see this for months now. Might have to read the manga as well, but I'll probably wait until after the anime finishes airing.
Oct 8, 2015 11:24 PM

Oct 2011
Kimiito is like a god to these girls XDDD
Oct 8, 2015 11:42 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I've been waiting so long for this to be adapted, glad to finally see it happen <3
Oct 8, 2015 11:50 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa, that "I love muscles" scene was hilarious.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 9, 2015 12:41 AM

Aug 2013
vytah said:
Jonesy974 said:

Funi. But they're taking their sweet, sweet time.

Of course. I'm sure it cant be any worse than their delay release of the first episode of Kekkai Sensen back in spring. Shit was almost a week.
Oct 9, 2015 1:01 AM

Jun 2015
not bad for a start. story was unique in a way that he got 'kidnapped'.

Oct 9, 2015 1:31 AM

Jul 2013
Lett the master trolling begin!!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2015

119 by devil1001 »»
Feb 22, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

158 by HuseyinTanir »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

65 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:52 PM

Poll: » Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

77 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:04 AM

» Personality database of this anime

AnimeListDabiddo - Jan 1, 2023

4 by PoisonedSandwich »»
Jan 1, 2023 11:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.