Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2015 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Leo and Zapp hanging out and eating burgers. This is classic.

I liked how it explores Hellsalem's society and the relationships connections that Leo has developed over his stay here. Leo's friend Nej is quite amusing to watch imo for his appetite too. Pretty entertaining episode. Too bad there are also some cruel people in their society as well. Poor Leo D:. I'm just glad no one died this episode because those punks that were beating up Nej pissed me off.

Great music this week, like usual. I'm curious to see Black's role in this; if that's his real name that is.
Stark700May 9, 2015 12:17 PM
May 9, 2015 12:22 PM

Aug 2010
That was a really sweet ep :D

Kinda sad how Leo and Nej forgot all the memories of the time they spent together :(
And that beating with the bat was brutal >~<

Nej was really cute for some reason :3 Was that Chopper's VA?

The end was nice too. Leo finally finds out Black is White's brother. I'm pretty sure Black is just acting like they've never met though right? O_o?

Leo's "Ur sister's always been taking care of me...or actually not" and her reaction was funny XD
May 9, 2015 12:25 PM

Jul 2011
Man, that was quite an emotional episode, I didn't expect it after last week's.

I'm glad this show can handle both the comedy and the drama, and it was nice to see a bit more world building regarding the relationship between humans and the creatures from the netherwrold.

Solid episode 4/5
May 9, 2015 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
OMG that Trigun reference though

i love this anime so much :3

:3
May 9, 2015 12:37 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nej is such a lovable guy.....How could anyone hurt him and not feel bad about it TwT Man The feels during those final scenes were strong....I really hated those guys that kept knocking Nej down

Was a pretty fun episode and I'm happy to see that Leo and Nej essential are able to start over now....The ending scene was cool too because I was wondering what the blonde hair boy had to do with the ghost girl and now we know that they're siblings

Looking forward to seeing how this relationship with Leo, White and Black will turn out
May 9, 2015 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
This was a mountain of feels!

Nej and Leo being all exuberant, posing and eating, having a blast from the most simplest of things. The soundtrack too was implemented well.

Being more than willing to take a beating for a friend and despite not wanting to forget, it was quite the touching scene how he instantly released the spores to protect Leo like that.

Going back to Nej's memories, the end at how Leo cried over the burgers... there are some things that aren't limited by memory. The amount of warmth and laughter they shared. Though a short time, the two really had an unbreakable bond. I'm more than happy to see the two meet again.

Probably the best episode yet for me!
May 9, 2015 12:44 PM

Apr 2015
Lovely episode. Leo and Nej became the best of friends from the start of that one meeting. Quite cruel to show them so distraught for each other in the truck scene. And Black is finally introduced ― I'm particularly interested in his role.
May 9, 2015 12:54 PM

Nov 2013
I just watched Tekkonkinkreet not too long ago, and having the characters named Black and White might throw me off a bit
May 9, 2015 1:01 PM

Aug 2014
This episode is kinda sad.. Nej doesn't remember his mother and all.
I love Minimalist Arts. Such Simplicity, yet hold so much Meanings to me.
May 9, 2015 1:05 PM

Sep 2014
The First episode I can say I understood xD

Others were so wat to me.. Probably will need to rewatch , cause I watched all while dreaming.. :l
May 9, 2015 1:06 PM

Jan 2015
Alright episode. Burger scenes were nice. But it the second half came out of nowhere. Seemed to tryhard edgy imo.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 9, 2015 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
It's probably not a good thing that the only things I ever find interesting about a BBB episode are the last two or so minutes, right?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
May 9, 2015 1:11 PM
Apr 2014
Flawfinder said:
It's probably not a good thing that the only things I ever find interesting about a BBB episode are the last two or so minutes, right?

Well it probably means you should watch something else that interest's you. I mean it makes sense doesn't it.
May 9, 2015 1:15 PM

Aug 2012
I want full soundtrack like right now
May 9, 2015 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
A better love story than twilight, burgers is a catalyst to true love. Burger Spores Mushroom Man looks like Vagineer.

Lol he put on his mask when he saw his friend piss his pants.

The whole episode was really sweet, but the two friends lost all their memories together, and of course he doesn't remember his mother either.

May 9, 2015 1:21 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was great. Leo and Nej meet again :)
May 9, 2015 1:29 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That little song in the preview tho
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 9, 2015 1:30 PM

Oct 2011
OMG FEEELS T________T

I will cry every time I eat a cheesburger now T__T

Leo meets Black : 0
May 9, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
Finally, a thoroughly good episode. It was about time.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tag for a large image
MasterTengkorakMay 9, 2015 3:32 PM
May 9, 2015 1:34 PM
Apr 2015
This is the best anime for me this Season. I rarely sit through Openings and Endings, but i just enjoy it so much in this one.
Felt bad for Nej when he got beat up with the bat ;(
4/5 episode for me.
May 9, 2015 1:35 PM

Oct 2012
Ah, the power of burgers and their ability to bring even the most diverse of people together. A lovely, chill episode with some great music.
Not much else to say really other than I'm glad Leo is getting a bit more of the spotlight and that the plot is still developing slowly, hopefully we get some decent focus before it's too late. Next week looks fun though.
May 9, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2013
AOTS? NOPE ANIME OF THE YEAR.

kekkai sensen is cowboy bebop level good when it comes to creating a story for each episode.

that preview
May 9, 2015 1:40 PM

Jan 2014
Such a great episode. The time that Nej and Leo lost to amnesia comes around again, it seems. And those two criminals won't remember Nej so they'll be back to square one and trying to figure out how to repay their debt.

Wasn't expecting to find Black in White's room. They're siblings. Hadn't made that connection. Although Black feigned not remembering Leo he knows full well who Leo is from their meeting earlier on the train.
May 9, 2015 1:46 PM
Nov 2007
That song around 8:30->9:50
May 9, 2015 2:01 PM

Apr 2011
Dem Burger feels...
May 9, 2015 2:03 PM

Aug 2014
Awesome episode

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 9, 2015 2:20 PM

Aug 2012
Why is this so good?
May 9, 2015 2:28 PM

May 2015
Really appreciated the Johnny Rockets reference as Jack Rockets. Each episode has been great and this one was emotional without the feeling of it being forced. Very well done. Think I'm gunna go get Johnny Rockets for dinner tonight this episode got me craving. I don't know exactly why maybe it's a combination of the overall look of the city as well as the music but this show makes me think about Cowboy Bebop all the time.

May 9, 2015 2:31 PM

Feb 2014
I think last episode (Ep 5) was perfect, but this week is even better. It really brings me to tears.
The OST played at the scene where Leo and Nej eating together, is really good, bravo Taisei Iwasaki.

And I think the director really knows how to bring out the personality of a character.

The two guy at this episode, at first I think the fat guy is really an asshole, he beats up the innocent Nej til he explodes, even though the other guy trying to stop him. But later, the other guy turnout to be the real asshole, he calmly bring out a plan to use Nej as a tool to gets money, and even planned to kill Leo. (I really like the hidden dark message from those two characters, the guy who looks nice aren't always like what you think.)

Don't forget to Don't forget me. This is the best title so far. Really fits the content.
And Nej is a real hero. He choose to lose his memories with Leo, in order to save him. ;__;

Well played, probably the best episode I've seen in a while. It's just like watching chroniko's episode from Kaiba, it really brought me to tears.
May 9, 2015 2:38 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Episode 5 is still unmatched though IMO.
May 9, 2015 2:41 PM

Feb 2014
Smudy said:

Well, this episode showed us that even without Libra, cool action, and fast paced story, Kekkai Sensen still can stand out to be a good, relaxing and even heart warming anime.

So I think this episode fits my taste more than episode 5. But that's just my opinion.
May 9, 2015 2:43 PM

Aug 2014
Best episode so far. Pretty heart warming.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 9, 2015 2:46 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
kyuudere said:
Smudy said:

Well, this episode showed us that even without Libra, cool action, and fast paced story, Kekkai Sensen still can stand out to be a good, relaxing and even heart warming anime.

So I think this episode fits my taste more than episode 5. But that's just my opinion.

Since episode 4, this anime is completely off the rails with awesomeness tbh. Really great stuff.
May 9, 2015 3:10 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
White's "Love and Peace" was so cute and funny! I repeated that part like 6 times.

Dem feels.. ;_; Leo and Nej only met for a short period of time yet it was really sad when they both ended up forgetting about each other.

Black totally remembers Leo, doesn't he? This guy is bad news.. His scheme with Femt is probably on the way.

Good episode. Klaus humming Vivaldi's Four Seasons in the PV was pretty hilarious!

May 9, 2015 3:13 PM
Jun 2014
ok episode a bit boring and that only part that was to do with the main story was the last 60 seconds which means that this was a filler episode.
i did not like that fact that Leonardo was watching one of his friends getting beaten to a pulp with bats and thought that doing little to nothing to help after his beating was enough. it he cared enough he would have done something sooner and something better than what he did.
but in all ok episode 3/5
May 9, 2015 3:19 PM

Feb 2014
Smudy said:

Since episode 4, this anime is completely off the rails with awesomeness tbh. Really great stuff.

Agree, this is one of must watch anime of this season.
May 9, 2015 4:01 PM

Nov 2014
This is the only anime that I watch the previews for.
May 9, 2015 4:09 PM

Feb 2015
Such a touching episode!

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
May 9, 2015 4:17 PM

Apr 2014
The episode was pretty chill until it took a bit darker turn halfway through. Kind of feel bad for both Leo and Nej after they lost their memories of each other.
May 9, 2015 4:30 PM

Nov 2009
I am crying. Matsumoto Rie why u do this?
May 9, 2015 4:38 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty heart warming episode, almost cried.. 9/10
u like Ecchi? then visit Ecchi Corner on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Ecchi.Corner - Date here.

life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how i react to.
May 9, 2015 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
This episode is pretty heart warming.

Too bad, Leo and Nej forgot all the memories of the time they spent eating burgers together.
May 9, 2015 5:01 PM

Sep 2013
Fantastic everything as usual. "Black"s appearance at the end made my heart skip a beat though. I really do wonder about White's role in all this. Had a giant grin on my face when she said "Love and peace" :D
May 9, 2015 5:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
amplified said:
I am crying. Matsumoto Rie why u do this?

Same here ;_; Who knew Kekkai Sensen could make me cry. Despite there being many stories about meeting and forgetting, I think this was still a really well directed episode (not entirely surprising given how much I cried in Kyousougiga). It was simple, fun, and touching. "That's funny...are cheeseburgers supposed to bring me to tears like this?"

Also, White's brother is so sketch...
May 9, 2015 5:03 PM

Jul 2014
Oh so they were siblings. And here I thought they were the same person the entire time and got confused...

Needs more Zapp.

That preview though.
May 9, 2015 5:11 PM

Apr 2013
The feels ;_; sucks they forgot each other. Good episode!
May 9, 2015 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
I absolutly loved this episode, it was a great change of pace and allowed us to see the more daily lives hellsam's lot as well as tell a pretty touching story to boot. Also every new episode of this show keeps impressing me with its ost

But then on the other hand knowing the series is already halfway over is still incredibly disappointing, how id kill for this to be a 2 cour series, and i feel like they'd of announced a split cour by now if it were one so thats out

alpha_shadow said:
OMG that Trigun reference though

i love this anime so much :3

YEEEEES, maximum respect for bones putting that in there, you can really tell they are passionate about this series as well as respectful to nightow, i also love how you can spot nightow's name in the opening theme as the name of resturaunts

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 9, 2015 5:42 PM

Sep 2013
what a cute episode, im glad leo and nej got to meet again in the end.
Black and White huh...

May 9, 2015 5:56 PM

Jan 2008
Really like how Rie is voicing both White and Black. Not sure if its gonna have some actual meaning or not though.
May 9, 2015 5:59 PM

Sep 2011
Paul said:
Really like how Rie is voicing both White and Black. Not sure if its gonna have some actual meaning or not though.
its probably because they are twins

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

347 by Saverpengu »»
May 28, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 17, 7:57 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.