Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2015 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Narsus is pretty impressive in terms of combat skills.

As for Arslan, I think he needs to be careful a bit. Somewhat of a slow episode imo but good for building up for upcoming events. I find it amusing how Narsus' taunts about Kharlan led to a trap door being opened lol. That was just priceless. Good to know that Narsus declares loyalty to Arslan now because it means a new ally. I think they are going to get along fine. Can't wait for the rebellion!
Apr 26, 2015 3:50 AM

Mar 2012
Hehe, Narsus is a pretty amusing fellow. His ploys such as the trap door and his fascination for painting makes for a very interesting character.

Looks like next episode is the start of an arc. This was a nice relaxing episode before we get into the meat of things.
Apr 26, 2015 4:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
"I'll make you the Court Painter!!"

Well played Arslan, well played. He might not be the warrior his father is, but he shows wisdom and a judgment of character way beyond what we saw from the King.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 26, 2015 4:43 AM
Apr 2013
That was funny when Arslan said that he will appoint Narsus as Court Painter rofl. Can't wait for next week.
Apr 26, 2015 5:16 AM
Apr 2015
Arslan got it going. From breaking several plates to appointing Narcus thhe Court Painter lol. Looks like next episode will be a bit more interesting :)
Apr 26, 2015 5:17 AM

Aug 2014
Really good episode this is shaping up to be the best anime this season (although all the good bits of UBW are coming so there is that)

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 26, 2015 5:18 AM

Aug 2013
I wonder how Arslan will manage being a king with no army.

It looks like abolishing slavery will have to wait for now in his agenda, as Narsus becoming the Court Painter comes first.
Apr 26, 2015 5:18 AM

Jan 2015
Loving this anime. Great episode.
Apr 26, 2015 5:35 AM

Dec 2013
I liked this episode more than the last one, Narsus is a cool guy.
A trap once again heh.
Apr 26, 2015 6:11 AM

Mar 2015
Good episode and next week looks even more promising.
I somewhat like the OP now
This show is still decent but let's see if all this build up will pay off,if it does it could be really good.
Apr 26, 2015 6:32 AM

Sep 2013
Narsus saying bakame, reminded me of Excalibure, lol.
Apr 26, 2015 6:33 AM

Dec 2013
Lovely episode, the pacing couldn't be more perfect, slow but very fitting. This show does share a lot of similarities with Akatsuki no Yona which is good, I love Yona. It seems Arslan will be gathering a fellowship too. Narsus seems very likeable. Loving the series more and more with each episode.
Apr 26, 2015 6:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
LMAO Daryun and Arslan are both sly to make Narsus follow them xD Nice going there.

Peaceful episode, i like how Narsus is well prepared for enemies.
Apr 26, 2015 7:04 AM

Dec 2013
Solid episode

Narsus is a pretty cool character.

Very interested where the story is going to go from here.
Apr 26, 2015 7:07 AM
Oct 2014
So Daryus learns the demise of his father, they have soldiers trapped in the basement, what next?

Have breakfast!
Apr 26, 2015 7:28 AM

Dec 2014
Loved when Arslan accounted Narsus as Court Painter. This anime is great and doesn't disappoint. Unlike some other Attack on Titan vampire ripoff
Apr 26, 2015 7:33 AM

Jul 2010
Narsus always having something up his sleeves, with him also being strong at combat.

Arslan making Narsus Court Painter! Now I really want to see his art, though the reason Arslan gave out was quite good. Guess we won't be seeing Narsus's art until times of peace again.

Hmm, the whole talk about slaves, the new "slaves" should now consist mostly of people of Pars. in which it is easy to incite a rebellion. Interested in how they are going to find their army to take their kingdom back.
Apr 26, 2015 7:36 AM

Jan 2012
I'm really curious as to what Narsus' paintings look like oO
Apr 26, 2015 7:39 AM

Jan 2013
Narsus is awesome <3
I'm glad he joined Arslan.
I want to see Narsus' paintings too ^^

Apr 26, 2015 7:49 AM

Oct 2013
Now that's how you gain allies. GG Arslan!

I really want to see Narsus's paintings though, especially because they didn't show them at all this ep...Going by Arslan & Daryum's reactions, there might've been a good reason for that :)

It might be one of those things that we'll have to wait all the way 'till the end to see, lol.
Apr 26, 2015 8:01 AM
Apr 2014
Haha I thought he would promise him peace or the abolition of slavery, but not court painter.
Arslan gains 2 new nakama.
Apr 26, 2015 8:10 AM

Aug 2010
Liking Narsus a lot ^^ His interactions with Daryun are fun :3

Dat temptation though XD Arslan sure knows how to convince someone :P Liking his development a lot so far :)
Apr 26, 2015 8:24 AM

Oct 2012
When he started crying or asking about slaves I cringed. I really don't like such naive characters and it seems it's not going any better. Arslan literally kills this story.

And royal painter, eh? Such weak argument, even though it was his hobby. I thought he would promise him to free all slaves instead, that would be more valuable offer.

As for Narsus, I can't see how he can be persuaded by promise of son of a king when he should know that king won't agree with this (they still don't know he's dead for sure)

The series really tries to look like super-serious yet in those key moments its very very childish.
Apr 26, 2015 8:36 AM

Dec 2010
LOL when Narsus threw the plate at the guys trying to get out.

I also thought Arslan would promise to free all the slaves, but the court painter proposal was clever. It shows that Arslan's no longer considering only what /he/ thinks is valuable, but what the other person would consider "valuable." It shows that he's thoughtful and willing to think outside of himself, which is what may've convinced Narsus that he's worth siding with. Unlike the person above me, I don't think it's a weak argument.
Apr 26, 2015 8:50 AM

Apr 2014
Farabeuf said:
"I'll make you the Court Painter!!".

With that he's in. I gonna say this, I think that's his real father? I also wanted to see his paintings, I'm sure some of you did too.
---------My Profile------------
Apr 26, 2015 8:51 AM
Apr 2014
Mich666 said:
When he started crying or asking about slaves I cringed. I really don't like such naive characters and it seems it's not going any better. Arslan literally kills this story.

And royal painter, eh? Such weak argument, even though it was his hobby. I thought he would promise him to free all slaves instead, that would be more valuable offer.

As for Narsus, I can't see how he can be persuaded by promise of son of a king when he should know that king won't agree with this (they still don't know he's dead for sure)

The series really tries to look like super-serious yet in those key moments its very very childish.

This show is named after him, it's only been 4 episodes and he's only 14 now. Of course he's gonna get better -_-

You're the one with weak argument. Abolishing slavery is not something you reward to someone. That would imply he won't abolish slavery if Narsus didn't join him. Instead he grant him what he want the most: life as a painter.

And Arslan is the crown prince. Of course he's gonna be king someday if Narsus cooperate with him to take back the kingdom.

I wonder who's childish now
Apr 26, 2015 9:33 AM
May 2013
Arslan is way more kind and wise than his father lol. And having daryun and narsus as war strategists he doesn't need to much else. I'm curious to know who is the girl and the bard on the opening. It seems they will be arslan next allies.
Apr 26, 2015 9:34 AM
Apr 2015
Arslan is cute <3 I loved him!
Apr 26, 2015 9:48 AM

Mar 2013
Mich666 said:

Yes, how dare he to show any emotions? Everyone knows that main character is supposed to be unemotional robot, even if he is 14 years old.
Apr 26, 2015 9:50 AM
Sep 2014
I'm curious.... What happened to that boy from episode 1?
Apr 26, 2015 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
qemsxd said:
This show is named after him, it's only been 4 episodes and he's only 14 now. Of course he's gonna get better -_-

You're the one with weak argument. Abolishing slavery is not something you reward to someone. That would imply he won't abolish slavery if Narsus didn't join him. Instead he grant him what he want the most: life as a painter.

And Arslan is the crown prince. Of course he's gonna be king someday if Narsus cooperate with him to take back the kingdom.

I wonder who's childish now

It's not like Darsus accepted his offer because he offed him to be a painter, that's pretty obvious, you know. He accepted precisely because he expected he would offer him the end of slavery yet Arslan did differently. Darsus was simply amused and surprised by this act, that's why he found a liking in him.

But it's not like Arslan did that intentionally, more like he offered him that title pretty unwittingly. The only clever words he said in this episode were those about disfavour of his father when they needed to show him they're on the same side. But that's pretty much it.

And you're right, I simply can't stand him. Every other character acts with bit of insight into current situation and self-preservation yet Arslan is evidentely someone who appears to be living in totally different world. He was trained with weapons, he was permitted to go around his city yet he is unbelievably soft and doesn't have even slightest of common knowledge. He wonders at absolutely basic things. I bet he was made this way as a convenient someone who can ask precisely those questions that viewer could have but they made it a little too obvious.

He is full of his ideals, his character screams of naivety and his view of the world is so distorted from reality he simply won't be able to survive a minute with all those intrigues around. He is evidently way too effeminate. Which is really weird when his mother despises him. If his coming of age takes half of this series, it would be real suffering. And there sure will be much crying before he reaches that state.

This series really don't need another heartbreaking scene when he meets his mother again only to realize she was also the one who betrayed them. But I bet we will get it nevertheless. Sigh.
Mich666Apr 26, 2015 10:21 AM
Apr 26, 2015 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
Men is handsome af.
Apr 26, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
Good build-up in this episode. Narsus decides to join the party, Arslan's paying more attention to the issue of slavery since the incident with the boy, and I'm curious about how the hostility from Elam to Arslan will progress.
Apr 26, 2015 10:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really really liked this Narsus guy....He's funny, he's master strategist, a badass and really powerful swordsman and most of it, it seems like he's a womanizing pervert LOL xD

This was a calm yet fun epsiode and I like seeing just how strongly Narsus, his assistant and Arslan feel against slavery, and seeing how he freed tons of slaves made me smile and I'm really glad that he decided to join the gang

Hearing about the fate of Vahriz was pretty sad and I can imagine how much Daryun is suffering right now :( I wonder how long it'll be until they hear about what happened to the king
Apr 26, 2015 10:21 AM

Mar 2013
Mich666 said:
But it's not like Arslan did that intentionally, more like he offered him that title pretty unwittingly

And why is that?

he is unbelievably soft

Like when?

his character screams of naivety

Like when?

This series really don't need another heartbreaking scene when he meets his mother again only to realize she was also the one who betrayed them. But I bet we will get it nevertheless. Sigh.

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions...

Let's see... Your problems with Arslan in this episode was that he got himself a strategist (for some reason you assumed that he did it out of naivety), wondered out curisoiuty why a fromer slave stayed beside his master (once again, for some reason, you decided that he did it out of naivety) and cried, because he learned news of death of someone, who was close to him (for some reason that is called "unblievable softness").
Really?
AntonKutovoiApr 26, 2015 10:25 AM
Apr 26, 2015 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
Sonnetica said:
...., and I'm curious about how the hostility from Elam to Arslan will progress.

I could defiantly sense some hostility toward Arslan from Elam as well.
---------My Profile------------
Apr 26, 2015 10:25 AM

Nov 2013
Court painter, LOL. What a guy.

I've just realised arslan is a qt too.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 26, 2015 10:51 AM

Sep 2013
Apparently a kid can't cry when his loved ones die anymore :( disgusting.
This is a long tale not some cheap 12 episode action anime.

It was a solid episode 7.5/10, the prince getting a little flame lit up in him :)
Apr 26, 2015 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
This team will be outstanding and now with Narsus the Court Painter!
Apr 26, 2015 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
Arslan Targaryen?
Apr 26, 2015 11:01 AM

Mar 2014
Narsus seems like a person who knows his place but with flashy outbursts.
I'm really curious how bad can be Narsus's painting skills, maybe he is a misunderstood genius , lol. Wonder what the next episode will bring. It was a nice episode, I really liked it.
waterwallsAug 18, 2015 3:49 AM
Apr 26, 2015 11:01 AM

Apr 2013
StevenHu said:
I wonder how Arslan will manage being a king with no army.

It looks like abolishing slavery will have to wait for now in his agenda, as Narsus becoming the Court Painter comes first.
Pretty sure they didnt lose their entire army.. they said they had an army of 100 of thousands and lost around 75k in the war if I remember correctly. They still have soldiers defending the palace, the problem will be the 8 overpowered generals that died or went missing.
Apr 26, 2015 11:38 AM

Feb 2014
Strong contender for anime of the season
Apr 26, 2015 11:41 AM

Dec 2014
Really good episode, and we got to find out a little more about the characters. I love the art, too.
Apr 26, 2015 12:09 PM

Nov 2007
ViolettSky said:
Arslan Targaryen?

^This. lol.
I am loving this show. Narsus is AWESOME. Arslan gets better by the episode! Makes you really want him to be the king!
Apr 26, 2015 12:15 PM

Jun 2013
good flashback Narsus seems to excel in warfare
Apr 26, 2015 12:19 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Narsus and Daryun are best buddies. Their interactions were hilarious for the most part!

Kinda wanted to see Narsus' swordsmanship against those soldiers, but that trap took care of them well. Pretty genius!

Arslan offer of appointing him as the Court Painter hit the jackpot for Narsus. I wonder what type of art he produces though. Erotic probably?

Good episode. Endcard already foreshadows Arslan's victory.

Apr 26, 2015 12:23 PM

Oct 2013
Narsus is such a babe.
<3
Apr 26, 2015 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, even without much action showed a good development and showed a bit more of the characters, one can see that now Arslan will seek allies for the battle to come, I am increasingly excited about the anime ..
Apr 26, 2015 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
Narsus is definitely my favorite character so far.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

174 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

237 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Apr 5, 2015

326 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 29, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.