Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2015 1:29 PM
Jul 2009
I was waiting for new anime based on Yasuhiros Nightows work. Here it is and I'm loving it! There is even Kuroneko around 3:15 of the episode, just like in Trigun :_)
Apr 7, 2015 2:52 PM

Jul 2014
I find it odd with all the comparisons people are drawing to this show that nobody is mentioning Watchmen.
Apr 7, 2015 3:15 PM

Sep 2013
So MC Leonardo Watch is a support-type character, eh? Quite the twist compared to how dominant Vash and Wolfwood were in Trigun. Not that it's a bad thing. Plenty of support-type MCs are great and Yasuhiro Nightow has more than earned my trust. Anyway, episode was great. Tons of organized chaos everywhere and although it felt rushed, I enjoyed it a lot.
Apr 7, 2015 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
parfaited said:
yhunata said:
Watching this episode, I felt strangely... nostalgic.

Same here and it's hard to explain why.

It just feels like a bunch of my fav shows mixed together.
Hopefully it becomes more coherent as time goes on.
pretty much this

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 7, 2015 3:59 PM

Oct 2008
I don't understand what's happening but one thing is for sure, It's freaking "stylish"!
Not sure what to expect, but this better be good. Let's see.

Apr 7, 2015 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
That was alright, not a big fan of anime that open like this. So much going on and not much explained. Still the animation and music were good.
Apr 7, 2015 5:22 PM
Dec 2014
Was i the only one so confused throughout the episode? Half the time i had no idea what was happening. I never read the Manga so that might be why
Apr 7, 2015 6:32 PM

Jul 2013
One of the best opening episode in this season!

The style action kinda reminds me of Tokyo ESP's promising first episode although I hope it doesn't eventually become shit like it.

Not sure why people said it was confusing. I thought they introduced things quite clearly.
Apr 7, 2015 7:49 PM

Aug 2011
Loved it!!!! Definitely caught my attention.
Apr 7, 2015 7:51 PM

Nov 2011
It started off pretty interesting but I got bored halfway. It seems like its trying to be Durarara with randomness and crazy city but it doesn't feel as interesting. It even have MC that look normal compare to the rest.

I don't think I'll be following this one.

Apr 7, 2015 8:15 PM
Jun 2012
dat animation, fight scenes and everything! This definitely looks interesting.
Apr 7, 2015 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
HandsomeMan said:
This is so unbelievably boring. I'm disappointed, Bones.

Kinda agree but it wasn't as dreadful as you described.

At the very least I want to come back and watch it next week. It will prob improve as the cast expands.
Apr 7, 2015 10:36 PM

Mar 2012
Will probably come back to watch for a few more episodes but parts of it definitely felt like eccentricity for eccentricity's own sake. Perhaps they're trying to blend together a few styles and genres, but I'm not sure if it'll work out in the long run. The ash heap of anime history is littered with works that try to do a lot of things and end up succeeding at none.
Apr 8, 2015 3:09 AM

Jun 2009
This seems like your usual run-of-the mill, typical shounen supernatural stuff. It borrows themes from x-men and makes me think of Boku no Hero Academia. As time as it won't make any major transgressions, it will be a midly enjoyable mediocre anime. The main character is your typical teenage protagonist, he doesn't have much of a personality. The only new anime this season I enjoyed was Arslan Senki.
Rhiannon-SenpaiApr 8, 2015 3:44 AM
Apr 8, 2015 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
Well, I can see some people that traveled through time and watched around 3 episodes and are judging plot and characters.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 8, 2015 3:29 AM

Jun 2009
Well, the manga has been out for more than 5 years, so I can go read the first chapters, I don't have to watch the first 3 episodes to know it's going to be mediocre. I don't care if the manga was written by Yasuhiro Nightow, the creator of Trigun, this is midly enjoyable and that's all, no need to over-hype it. I dislike it when everytime an anime with an above average interesting premise gets hyped to the moon.
Apr 8, 2015 3:33 AM

Jan 2013
Because when a source material sucks and the adaptation sucks automatically, I see what you're saying, but it's not always like that. Go grab a crystal ball and start your new career.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 8, 2015 3:33 AM

Mar 2013
To messy but i will keep it up :)
6/10
Apr 8, 2015 3:49 AM

Jun 2009
DawnJ
No need to be mean, I just stated my first impressions. Anime nowadays rarely move me, last time I was really moved by an anime was Hunter x Hunter and Parasyte. I'm not saying Kekkai is not popcorn worthy for the masses, but my standards became higher after watching some really great anime. At least I liked Kekkai better than Owari no Seraph, the main character really is annoying, in comparison Kekkai's MC is decent.
Apr 8, 2015 3:55 AM

Jul 2014
HotaruKara said:
I dislike it when everytime an anime with an above average interesting premise gets hyped to the moon.

So wait, you dislike an anime even more due to its fan base?
"Hi!"
Apr 8, 2015 4:02 AM

Jan 2013
HotaruKara said:
DawnJ
No need to be mean, I just stated my first impressions. Anime nowadays rarely move me, last time I was really moved by an anime was Hunter x Hunter and Parasyte. I'm not saying Kekkai is not popcorn worthy for the masses, but my standards became higher after watching some really great anime. At least I liked Kekkai better than Owari no Seraph, the main character really is annoying, in comparison Kekkai's MC is decent.

Well, it's obviously not hyped to the moon as of now, and what I see is opinions are pretty much divided. Whether you have high standard or not, you cannot judge by one episode, unless it's extremely shitty that you don't even have to wait to see the result. I've seen many anime that surpasses or disgraces the original, regardless of the genre, and that's the fun of watching adaptations.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 8, 2015 4:05 AM

Jun 2009
_P5
Not really, I don't care about a fanbase, but it gets really annoying to hear about something constantly. Especially since better shows are underrated and others get over-hyped (case and point: Hunter x Hunter is far better than Sword Art Online, but it gets a lot less recognition.
Apr 8, 2015 4:10 AM

Jun 2009
DawnJ
Indeed, I know that I have to watch at least a few episodes to get the feel of it, unless it's extremely shitty. Though I can already feel Owari no Seraph will be the over-hyped anime of this season, putting better shows like Arslan in the shadows. Kekkai seems in the middle until now, not too over-hyped but a lot more than others. Also, have you heard of ThatAnimeSnob or roricon? That guy just looks at the title of a series and sees who is the team behind it and has opinions on how shitty an anime will be, without even watching the first episode.
Apr 8, 2015 4:18 AM

Jan 2013
HotaruKara said:
DawnJ
Indeed, I know that I have to watch at least a few episodes to get the feel of it, unless it's extremely shitty. Though I can already feel Owari no Seraph will be the over-hyped anime of this season, putting better shows like Arslan in the shadows. Kekkai seems in the middle until now, not too over-hyped but a lot more than others. Also, have you heard of ThatAnimeSnob or roricon? That guy just looks at the title of a series and sees who is the team behind it and has opinions on how shitty an anime will be, without even watching the first episode.

With that nick with the word snob in it, I guess it can't be helped.

I didn't know flavor of the season is Owari No Seraph. Obviously it's more hyped. Buuut, the target audience for each anime (say, Arslan Senki's and OnS's) is different, you have to understand that. It's merely about population issue.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 8, 2015 5:27 AM

Apr 2012
This was a bit of mess, but I kind of expected it to be since it has the same director as Kyousougiga. An entertaining mess nonetheless.
Apr 8, 2015 9:36 AM

May 2014
Great animation and loving the soundtrack. But.. The story's a confusion for now. Looks like it has some good potential.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Apr 8, 2015 11:15 AM

Apr 2013
I kinda enjoyed episode, but I don't have high expectations for this series. Big + for main characters voices.
Apr 8, 2015 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
Don't know what i feel about this show yet.
Kinda had a hamatora vibe, and i just hope it won't turn out like hamatora.
Apr 8, 2015 12:02 PM

Sep 2014
I loved this episode. At times it felt a little werd and I was thinking was this really just weird instead of great, but but the goodness won overall. The music, the art style and other small details were well made. The story itself didn't show anything special, yet, but I believe it will begin to work in the future.
Apr 8, 2015 12:10 PM

Nov 2009
Unexpectedly, after the first ep this turned into the most anticipated title of the season for me... probably because it's cool, dynamic and intriguing? don't know for sure, but counting hours left till ep2.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 8, 2015 3:32 PM

Jun 2013
that was epic hope it continue on like this
Apr 8, 2015 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
Well to be honest I didn't totally get the story but the animation is pretty amazing and the main character is interesting. I'll definitely watch it, and I hope I'll understand what they are doing there in the next episode. xD
Apr 8, 2015 4:00 PM

Jul 2010
Bump of Chicken and Gintama cast is all that i need to keep watching this.
Apr 8, 2015 7:02 PM

Jan 2008
iLostReason said:
Bump of Chicken and Gintama cast is all that i need to keep watching this.

Thinking the same thing, watched it after Gintama too. The second the song started playig I thought Bump of Chicken and was right. Haven't heard them for a while now.

Really enjoying this one a lot compared to several others this season. Seems like a lot of characters use blood related powers. Guess it implies it in the title.
Apr 8, 2015 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
I think this is one of those shows that fans of series like Durarara/Bacanno will love, but it's a different form of storytelling than the usual mainstream shonen. That's just Yasuhiro Nightow doing what he does. It's why he may not be the most celebrated author in history or what not, but his fan base loves what he does, whatever it's size may be.

I'm glad to see Bones sticking to Nightow's narrative style. And that animation. . . was not expecting it to be THAT good. O_O

Can't wait for the next episode. . . if only Funimation would actually pick up the pace and stream it. -__-
When I have money, I buy books. When I have money left over, I buy food and clothes.
Apr 9, 2015 1:35 AM

Oct 2010
Eh, it was "O.K" at best. 5 minutes in, I was about to just stop watching.

As for first episode impressions, I would have to say this it at the bottom so far.

I'll keep up with it for now, but I wouldn't put it on my "must watch" list.
monokuma-kApr 9, 2015 1:39 AM
Apr 9, 2015 3:37 AM

Jul 2008
The second half suck me right in and it does have the Kill la Kill vibe :D I was annoyed with the MC's eyes the entire time until the end when he opened them :)
Apr 9, 2015 5:31 AM

Apr 2013
Had no clue what was going on, but Sawashiro Miyuki <3
Apr 9, 2015 8:07 AM

Feb 2014
a little disappointed, I like the animation, A LOT. But awesome animation won't compensate for the shitty plot. I had no clue WTF was happening and why the MC had those eyes and what that demon or something said. If they don't explain it later, it's gonna be one heck of trainwreck.

And even if it does explain and everything goes well, it won't be AOTS (At least for me) ..... Because stay night UBW will blow it off lol
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - Accelerator
Apr 9, 2015 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
This shit made me realize that I have to finish trigun.
Apr 9, 2015 11:17 AM

Feb 2014
spiwar said:
a little disappointed, I like the animation, A LOT. But awesome animation won't compensate for the shitty plot. I had no clue WTF was happening and why the MC had those eyes and what that demon or something said. If they don't explain it later, it's gonna be one heck of trainwreck.

And even if it does explain and everything goes well, it won't be AOTS (At least for me) ..... Because stay night UBW will blow it off lol

Rather than trying to be AOTS and explain every little details, I think both Nightow and Rie trying to give us a weird, non-sense, but fun ride. It won't explain shit, cause the manga also doesn't explain anything (as far as I read). But everyone can jump on this ride without thinking about anything like deep, edgy story/plot.

I mean, if we're talking about fun and unique elements, Kekkai Sensen has it all. Well, I don't really look any particular show to be my AOTS or anything like that, if the show was fun enough to follows, then I think it's worth my time to and my attention.
kyuudereApr 9, 2015 11:22 AM
Apr 9, 2015 11:54 AM

Apr 2011
LOL. OMG. I found that lost manga I was reading and couldn't find the title again. You can't imagine how weird it was for me to watch the first episode and know what was going to happen next ( I was so confused ),lol. Even when I knew what would happen next it was still very entertaining for me to watch. There is a lot happening at once but it will all tie in together. I loved the animation; Bones did a good job (not like I expected any less). A+ (Probably because I'm a Baccano! / Durarara!! fan , lol)
Apr 9, 2015 1:44 PM
Dec 2010
Sooo...

I take it voice acting for this show is being done in the same building as Gintama, right? I mean, it is pretty much the same cast. First the intro narration by Shinpachi, then comes tough guy Toshi, followed by a moderately-clothes Sa-chan and Zura as the main nemesis.

Wonder whether we'll get even more Gintama voices in this show.
Apr 10, 2015 12:12 AM
Oct 2012
Felt like a really bad version of Durarara, with below average characters and a lot of random super powers thrown in. 1 out of 5.
Apr 10, 2015 3:51 AM
Jul 2014
In my opinion this is going to be one of the best animes of this 2015 spring season, interesting characters, a great drawing work in the characters desing as in the background, great soundtrack and more, I don't like the only 12 episodes thing, but aniway I hope so much from this anime.
Apr 10, 2015 8:05 AM

Dec 2012
HotaruKara said:
I don't care if the manga was written by Yasuhiro Nightow, the creator of Trigun, this is midly enjoyable and that's all, no need to over-hype it.

Ah, no wonder that art from the lady at the diner looked familiar. It's just like Milly Thompson.
Apr 10, 2015 9:41 AM

Feb 2014
rushed, no subtlety or buildup, so much infodumping and yet the plot still makes almost no sense. the animation is fantastic.

agree with the DRRR comparisons, this series seems like it'll be exposition for its own sake. prob drop by ep 3
Apr 10, 2015 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
Feels like a lesser Darker than Black...but hey nothing wrong with that! Interesting enough that I'll keep watching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 1:06 AM

Jul 2012
I'M INTO IT.
I was mildly intrigued before, but after watching this episode, I'm really excited for this.
It definitely surpassed my expectations on almost every level, so I think this is going to be one of my favourites for this season.
Apr 11, 2015 7:12 AM

Oct 2012
Okay, this was almost too weird, crazy and over the top, I would really appreciated if it was on bit more logical and serious note. It was imcomprehensible to grasp as a whole and I still wondering where are they aiming with this series. Too much shouting and screaming to my taste. Attacks naming is also old as hell.

Other than that, did they just copied some ideas from Men in Black? To me, intro letter felt like creators want to show-off everything this series has to offer because they knew first episode alone won't be enought to peak viewers interest. Unfortunately, they made it way too obvious.

Not fan of main character too, I can't stand his crybaby attitude, he is just pathetic in his own way. Don't like how he has almost all the time his eyes closed. He simply has no appeal to drive this series on.

Overall, I guess I won't my waste time watching this mess to see if it gets any good later on.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2015

258 by bucciest »»
Apr 20, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

345 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 21, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

197 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 18, 7:20 AM

» Kekkai sensei OP and ED are true music to me. Thank you

DatajI - Mar 9

1 by LENDARIO_DS »»
Mar 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kekkai Sensen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

118 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.