Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2018 11:50 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I wonder when we will get subs since the fansubbers who worked on Apocrypha said that they wouldnt work on this one.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 27, 2018 11:50 AM

Apr 2012
Of course, I do not like the first episodes with such a poor exposure, but I enjoyed the atmosphere of the crossover Gatari with USB. When you see this again, lol?. But the last scene was really cool.
Jan 27, 2018 12:00 PM
Nov 2017
CodeBlazeFate said:
Swagernator said:
For those simple people

This has Netflix exclusivity, so you watch it either raw (for now) or in nippon.
Wait, Netflix got this exclusively too?!

FUCK!!!

Wait, why Netflix exclusivity is bad ?
Jan 27, 2018 12:02 PM

Jun 2017
Centurionzo_12 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

FUCK!!!

We only got subs for Fate/Apo when it was finished
That's why.
Not that it matters, though. It was shit.
Jan 27, 2018 12:36 PM

Apr 2016
Centurionzo_12 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

FUCK!!!

Because that means we cannot legally see it until long after it is complete if it's a 1-cour, and if it's a 2-cour, we only have the chance of seeing it legally towards or past the end of the show's run. Kakegurui and ID-0 are good examples of the former. Little Witch Academia an Fate/Apocrypha are fantastic examples of the latter.

Basically, pirating them is mandatory if we wanna see them as they air and contribute any semblance of buzz about them beyond their licensors taking them away.
Jan 27, 2018 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
StardustReverie said:
That was just bad. Shaftism doesn't work at all, hamfisted symbolism all over the place and shinji acting completely out of character. Even if he's an ass there's no reason to believe he'd stab someone to death for the joy of it in the extra world.
Also the way those doll/robot things just come out and stab everything to death. Fucking hell you have a very good reference point to how the mooncell deals with people who've lost, what the fuck was that? Also everything bleeds. What?

I agree the shinji scene is a bit much for me to want to like him better haha.

But while the doll things are different, its not that much different then what happened at the beginning of CCC. The place was falling apart and you were being attacked haha

sergiohere1 said:
Did you realize? Stone Archer smiles after being defeated WTF (Screenshots inside the spoiler)

yeah, he definitely wasn't trying hard. It could have been a test by the moon cell or something. The point was that he was testing your spirit, maybe?
I need subs, maybe BL might have some idea whats going on.
Jan 27, 2018 1:08 PM

Dec 2017
How are people watching this already? Doesn't it not air until tomorrow?
Jan 27, 2018 1:11 PM

Apr 2015
yourbraveshine said:

Japan be early tbh
also links all over the internet
no subs though
Jan 27, 2018 1:15 PM
Sep 2016
yourbraveshine said:

27th January was the air date
1.1.Six
Jan 27, 2018 1:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
yourbraveshine said:
Yeah, sure January 28 ... in Japan.

Its already this day in japan so the episode is out.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 27, 2018 1:30 PM

Apr 2010
K really... can someone tell me why the screen goes dark when there is fight scenes with lot of light?
Jan 27, 2018 1:32 PM

Aug 2009
Tekakurika said:
K really... can someone tell me why the screen goes dark when there is fight scenes with lot of light?
Japanese tv regulations.
Jan 27, 2018 1:40 PM

Jun 2011
ssjokg said:
Tekakurika said:
Japanese tv regulations.

yep, it was also there in ubw
http://i.imgur.com/4F1e713.jpg
Jan 27, 2018 2:02 PM

Apr 2015
Anyway, thoughts time, I doubt I'm going to get a translation in any sort of seriously quick time so

EmphaticPikachuJan 27, 2018 2:06 PM
Jan 27, 2018 2:18 PM

Jun 2014
Great, judging by how frustrating it was following Apocrypha for 6 months with its inconsistent-as-fuck release schedule, I'm expecting the same for this show as well.

*Sigh* If Netflix wants to be a part of the anime train then can they stick to doing things like Devilman Crybaby and fuck off when it comes to simulcasting....Apocrypha was already a pain in the ass to watch (sometimes episodes came out on Sunday afternoons, other times late Saturday nights, sometimes eps wouldn't come out until fucking Tuesday). Now we have to deal with it all over again with this.

EDIT: Well I thought I'd be waiting forever for this to come out, but it was only a one day delay. It got off to a pretty decent start but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the show just yet. Let's see how I feel after a couple more episodes.
thebrentinator24Jan 28, 2018 8:15 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 27, 2018 2:28 PM

Jun 2015
Will probably add more thoughts once translations come out

This definitely seems to diverge a bit from Extra already, which is good, because Extra didn't do that much spectacularly.

Fate/Extra game spoilers below

All the Shaft visuals look nice, but it feels weird for them to just go super surrealistic already. I'll have to see how they do the next episodes before I give an opinion on it.
-Sherou-Jan 27, 2018 2:33 PM

Jan 27, 2018 2:57 PM

Oct 2016
Felt Like I was watching Bakemonogatari, it was pretty cool, idk whats supposed to happen next so Im looking foward to next week.

If you know how to read Spanish Subs I watched it at Animeyt.tv
MaitozJan 27, 2018 3:54 PM
Jan 27, 2018 3:27 PM

Apr 2015
This is really confusing. I haven't finished Extra or started CCC so I don't know if somehow these events have a connection.

I know they're going original, but for now it's still so confusing since they already mentioned the moon cell.

Also, what was that first fight?

But besides the first ep confusions, it's refreshing to see another Fate that is not the main series, specially when Shaft is animating, I really love how they have a very noticeable style of shots.

4.5/5 becuz Hakunon died :'<
Jan 27, 2018 3:40 PM
Sep 2012
Veromaye said:
This is really confusing. I haven't finished Extra or started CCC so I don't know if somehow these events have a connection.

I know they're going original, but for now it's still so confusing since they already mentioned the moon cell.

But besides the first ep confusions, it's refreshing to see another Fate that is not the main series, specially when Shaft is animating, I really love how they have a very noticeable style of shots.

The anime feels like a "reboot" or a rewrite of F/E story (to me, anyway). There are already some differences that aren't in the original F/E game or CCC. So really, it caters towards new and old fans alike. Those that haven't played the game and those that have. It'll be a fresh experience on both sides, imo.

That's a huge spoiler to explain, and the fact they showed off something like that is, well, almost like something that'll eventually come in the fights they'll face. Like a pre-cursor to what's going to happen at some point.

Fun fact: Shaft also animated Fate/Extra CCC's and Fate/Extella's openings.

RIP Hakunon, indeed. At least she had some screen time.
Jan 27, 2018 4:23 PM
Jul 2014
Swagernator said:
jwinter01 said:

Is the release on netflix global and simulcast?

It's the same as with the Apocrypha.

translated:

Japan gets it now, episode by episode. Filthy gaijin outside of Japan (meaning all of us who don't understand or speak fluent Japanese) need to wait until Netflix US, Netflix Canada, and Netflix Europe get their heads out of their collective asses and decide to grace us with the entire first season, all at once, in about 18-20 weeks (approximately June 9th). After that, the next season (assuming two cour or at least 18 episodes) will take another two-to-four months because "reasons," just like Fate Apocrypha (the second season of which debuts on netflix in February).
Jan 27, 2018 4:29 PM
Jul 2014
Theorder14 said:
DatRandomDude said:

oh well, expected it that we wouldnt get the op episode 1 since its a fate anime anyway

The full opening song got just released but no visual ofc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5w4osatBb8

And less than three hours after it's posted, Sony Entertainment locks it down because "fuck you, youtubers, pay us out the ass for the privilege of being able to stream our music.............that we won't give you a local way to purchase or stream, because the music is only available through amazon Japan..."
Jan 27, 2018 4:47 PM

Mar 2016
Took my time to get into the art, anyway im excited and want to see more episodes. It'll take a long time to see Shinji as a good boy. And finally i can see Nero <3
Jan 27, 2018 5:51 PM

Mar 2008
All I can say after this first episode is....wow this is going to be a ride!
Jan 27, 2018 6:50 PM

Feb 2015
Ok, I have played the game and still have no idea what was going on.
I mean really, that was confusing.
Jan 27, 2018 7:07 PM

Dec 2016
If anyone wants to hear the OP, I downloaded it from youtube with an MP3 converter in a different region and it somehow went through. Here's a Gdrive link to the mp3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12A3ZlcsVtQENh7BmdgvCLCIfcw38xWeT/view?usp=sharing
Can't promise how long this will be up, but I'm using an alt account in case it gets borked.
I arrange video game sheet music for piano:
My arrangements
My (very few) anime arrangements
Jan 27, 2018 7:33 PM

May 2017
Hyped for what's to come. I'm sure Shaft won't dissapoint us, either in the narrative or the action.

If you don't believe me then watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVi_fs2oz3E
Jan 27, 2018 8:37 PM
Sep 2016
Tekakurika said:
There was a time was back when the first Pokemon series was airing (a Porygon episode that got banned)...The flashes of light caused over 600 kids to go through epileptic seizures so it's something they're still cautious of... In a lot of cases just for safety there's this warning that shows up at the start of anime episodes being broadcast that you should sit at a distance from the screen and at a distance

So probably just to be cautious because of the bright colour effects
1.1.Six
Jan 27, 2018 8:39 PM
Jan 2018
4 out of 5. Not a bad score, right?
You cant decide an overall score from 1 episode btw.
They zoom nero's smooth leg twice without panty shot. Well, thats wise. Please no fanservice like ccc. It just felt out of place, seriously.

Blood effect is something alright, just for dramatic effect scene i thought.
I hope Shaft will make some darker story than Fate/Apo.. just half of fate/zero then i believe this anime will be a nice ride.
Jan 27, 2018 8:39 PM
Sep 2016
Veromaye said:

Among the forums here, there's someone who posted Nasu's message to people watching it (both those who've played and haven't)....I see what he meant
1.1.Six
Jan 27, 2018 8:42 PM
Sep 2016
Goldenliew said:
4 out of 5. Not a bad score, right?
You cant decide an overall score from 1 episode btw.
They zoom nero's smooth leg twice without panty shot. Well, thats wise. Please no fanservice like ccc. It just felt out of place, seriously.

Blood effect is something alright, just for dramatic effect scene i thought.
I hope Shaft will make some darker story than Fate/Apo.. just half of fate/zero then i believe this anime will be a nice ride.

...or a quarter of sate/stay nights third route lol
1.1.Six
Jan 27, 2018 8:44 PM

Sep 2015
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAY i rewatch the episode already and still can't fking understand anything even after clear Fate/Extra and play a bit if CCC.

WHY YOU HAVE TO DIE? AND WHY YOU ALREADY FIGHTING

Did i heard it right? Shinji just call her his girlfriend? WHAT!?

What are you doing here on 1st episode?

Archer Emiya/Extra? why this scene remind me of UBS?

And where did you go?

Don't use your hand here Touma

Is this New Game+ or Anime Original? they seem remember a lot of thing.

And with Umu was Hakunon's servant before are they going to remake another situation Saber with Kiritsugu and Shirou on Fate/Stay?

Umu count for this ep : 0
ZBlastHistoryJan 27, 2018 8:54 PM
Into the Internet!
Jan 27, 2018 10:16 PM

Jul 2016
ZBlastHistory said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAY i rewatch the episode already and still can't fking understand anything even after clear Fate/Extra and play a bit if CCC.

WHY YOU HAVE TO DIE? AND WHY YOU ALREADY FIGHTING

Did i heard it right? Shinji just call her his girlfriend? WHAT!?

Archer Emiya/Extra? why this scene remind me of UBS?

And where did you go?

Don't use your hand here Touma

Is this New Game+ or Anime Original? they seem remember a lot of thing.

And with Umu was Hakunon's servant before are they going to remake another situation Saber with Kiritsugu and Shirou on Fate/Stay?

Umu count for this ep : 0
going to be different or somewhat anime original, you can look on the thread about Nasu's blog, to answer some of your questions.

well from those screenshots, its the shaft thingy, surrealistic animation
Jan 27, 2018 10:32 PM
Jul 2018
For someone who played and liked the original game that was confusing for sure but I don't dislike the direction this is taking. I can feel a big amount of twists in the upcoming episodes already.
Jan 28, 2018 1:41 AM
Jul 2017
This is very disappointing.

1) another male master and female servant pair, I am tired of this

2) I don't like the male mc attitude

3) is our mc a god or something? he was stabbed over and over, fell down from exreme height. His plot armor is too strong.

I hope Nero can save anime.
Jan 28, 2018 2:00 AM

Apr 2015
okay so I saw someone translate the lines Hakuno talked about when summoning a certain blond haired saber

Spoilers for extella Zero and stuff related to it

Jan 28, 2018 2:16 AM

Sep 2015
EmphaticPikachu said:
okay so I saw someone translate the lines Hakuno talked about when summoning a certain blond haired saber

So are you telling me this anime was mixed adaptation about Extra+Extella?

I don't play Extella did Shinji (if he is part of the game) have girlfriend?

I mean this Misao Amari was Shinji's girl friend and i don't remember her on Extra/CCC.
Into the Internet!
Jan 28, 2018 2:25 AM

Apr 2015
ZBlastHistory said:
EmphaticPikachu said:

I mean this Misao Amari was Shinji's girl friend and i don't remember her on Extra/CCC.

I'm tellin' ya that it feels like the role Hakunon will play in this anime is similar to the one Nasu wanted her to play in extella zero, just with a different set up. (Possibly less controversial one? we'll see.)

Nothing about a shinji girlfriend, but unless it turns out to be one of the two servants I doubt it'll be that important. It'll probably provide something for shinji but not much more then that.

Extella zero isn't this, anyway. But I imagine he'd want to carry over some concepts and idea he had from the blog post/backstory that was laready shrouded in some mystery/lacking details. It just makes sense tbh.

EDIT: also, remember that shinji was "popular" with the girls in the beginning of fate extra. His prologue version had that attribute, never mentioned a girlfriend but its not that far of a stretch.

EDIT2: Also not to be that girl but

EmphaticPikachuJan 28, 2018 2:37 AM
Jan 28, 2018 2:38 AM

Sep 2015
EmphaticPikachu said:
ZBlastHistory said:

I'm tellin' ya that it feels like the role Hakunon will play in this anime is similar to the one Nasu wanted her to play in extella zero, just with a different set up. (Possibly less controversial one? we'll see.)

Nothing about a shinji girlfriend, but unless it turns out to be one of the two servants I doubt it'll be that important. It'll probably provide something for shinji but not much more then that.

Extella zero isn't this, anyway. But I imagine he'd want to carry over some concepts and idea he had from the blog post/backstory that was laready shrouded in some mystery/lacking details. It just makes sense tbh.

EDIT: also, remember that shinji was "popular" with the girls in the beginning of fate extra. His prologue version had that attribute, never mentioned a girlfriend but its not that far of a stretch.

If she used to summon Tamamo as a another Master then this anime fully sold for me xD.

Shinji mention she is safe there is some safe place from that mass forced log out event.

Even Hakuno already know (?) they are inside VR to get Holy Grail War it seem.
ZBlastHistoryJan 28, 2018 2:45 AM
Into the Internet!
Jan 28, 2018 3:01 AM
Sep 2016
DSLevantine said:
This is very disappointing.

1) another male master and female servant pair, I am tired of this

2) I don't like the male mc attitude

3) is our mc a god or something? he was stabbed over and over, fell down from exreme height. His plot armor is too strong.

I hope Nero can save anime.
(the sjws again lol)

3)...ikr
1.1.Six
Jan 28, 2018 3:41 AM

Nov 2015
ok. i think i need subs to understand this better.
The only question i have is :
Do they already know that they are in the Prelim rounds?(Cause they were being taught masters and servants and the moon cell in class)

I find that pink hair girl really hot. Hope they don't kill her off. Oh and why is she dating

Pretty sure this episode will be awesome if subs come out. I'm looking forward to see the differences and be like "what"
I've been looking around since it aired and there seems to be no group that's planning on subbing this.
Too bad.
PS. i miss the decoy protag we used in the game's prelim.
Jan 28, 2018 3:47 AM

Jan 2016
Uggh, need better raw. Japan butchered the fight scene. Guess we gotta wait till those sweet BDs.
Jan 28, 2018 3:59 AM

Jun 2011
hmm, potential spoiler

Jan 28, 2018 4:13 AM

Sep 2015
Theorder14 said:
hmm, potential spoiler

- Not big enough
- Not long enough
- Not same eye
- I am going to kill someone if they make Tamamo become Shinji's girlfriend even just for a moment.
Into the Internet!
Jan 28, 2018 4:20 AM
Nov 2017
Extella/Zero related :
LordSparda90Jan 28, 2018 4:25 AM
Jan 28, 2018 4:22 AM

Aug 2010
ZBlastHistory said:

ZBlastHistory said:

And where did you go?

Oh you know, lives to ruin, people to troll.
astroprogsJan 28, 2018 4:30 AM
Jan 28, 2018 7:09 AM

Feb 2017
EmphaticPikachu said:

That would be me and just to clarify things in the game and drama c.d he says something along the lines of
"I can't die yet because I have yet to fight on my own terms!"

In the anime the lines are somthing like
"I can't die yet because I have to fight for that someone who fought till the very end"

Also does anyone know if there are raws available without that screen darkening effect?
Jan 28, 2018 7:42 AM

Apr 2015
RedKaZero said:
EmphaticPikachu said:

That would be me and just to clarify things in the game and drama c.d he says something along the lines of

"I can't die yet because I have to fight for that someone who fought till the very end"

Also does anyone know if there are raws available without that screen darkening effect?

wow how did I not recognize that username haha. Sorry man.

also I dont think that is possible sadly. Japanese broadcast regulations and stuff. But maybe someone else knows more.
Jan 28, 2018 7:47 AM

Jun 2011
RedKaZero said:

you will have to wait for BD
Jan 28, 2018 7:48 AM
Apr 2014
I only played the first game but this is like an enhanced version of the prelims prologue before they get to the actual setting and holy grail war.
Also why is Kotomine dead already in the anime? In the game he's a NPC who oversees the war. Seems like a waste.
This must've been very confusing for anime-onlies as usual, the anime won't follow the story of the game though.
This anime is already way better than Apocrypha just by existing and it's also written by Nasu.
Jan 28, 2018 7:49 AM

Feb 2017
EmphaticPikachu said:
RedKaZero said:

wow how did I not recognize that username haha. Sorry man.

also I dont think that is possible sadly. Japanese broadcast regulations and stuff. But maybe someone else knows more.
Theorder14 said:
RedKaZero said:

you will have to wait for BD

I see, thanks alot
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.