A frenchman with good anime taste
I discovered anime in my childhood with Ghibli movies, Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya, but it is watching Code Geass (still my favorite anime series to this day) in summer 2017 that made me an anime fan. I've been watching anime on a regular basis since then.
My taste in anime is pretty diverse. I try to watch all kinds of shows, old, new, classic, forgotten or niche stuff, movies, series, OVA, comedy, drama, action, adventure, fantasy, romance, sci-fi... However there are type of shows which I despise:
- any kind of pornography
- harem shows
- pretty much all of the "isekai" trend
- shows where nothing happens
- shows that are overly random and try to be "so bad it's good"
- shows that are aimed at teenagers who think violence equals maturity (spoiler: it doesn't)
- shows where the main character gets everything he's ever dreamed of without having to make any effort
- shows where the main character is overly dumb, naive or idealist
- shows with lackluster animation
- and probably a lot of other stuff
So yeah I'm pretty demanding. Mediocre shows do not satisfy me. I want great visuals, I want powerful music, I want to discover new worlds that make me dream.
Sadly, there hasn't been much shows that could satisfy me recently. There has been few shows made in the last decade that I really enjoyed, and I feel like it's only getting worse. The anime industry appears to be a rotting dead corpse.
- Plan to Watch132
- Total Entries560
Anime History Last Anime Updates
- Total Entries39
Manga History Last Manga Updates
All Favorites Favorites
- Tabata, Hidenori Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
- C.C. Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
- Harima, Kenji School Rumble
- Okita, Juuzou Uchuu Senkan Yamato (Movie)
- Pokoteng, Aria Aria the Animation
- Hikigaya, Hachiman Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
- Reigen, Arataka Mob Psycho 100
- Michio, Yuki MW
- Lamperouge, Lelouch Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch