Back to Cinefil_original's Profile Cinefil_original's Profile

Jun 17, 2017
King’s Avatar is a show that made a wave before its actual first episode aired, solely because it was chinese, it looked good and it got people nostalgic about the old days of SAO craziness.
To me, the characters were dull, the story was close to nothing and the aesthetic and sound of it were above average but not amazing.

The story of King’s Avatar is straightforward, having no “tricky” plot twists or high stakes to get the viewers riled up and praying for the characters.
The story takes place in a world where people look up to and give great importance to pro gamers. read more
Jun 17, 2017
Attack on titan needs no further introductions, we all know about it… there are some people who put it on a pedestal, and there are some people who denigrate it. I choose to be honest and interpret the facts as fairly as I possibly can, and not write a verbose review.
In my opinion, Attack on Titan is one of those shows that even though it does not shine quality-wise, meaning it doesn’t have “great” characters or “epic” twists, it is amazingly entertaining to watch.

The story is fairly simple and straightforward, but thicker than my expectations based on the previous season, it is read more
Apr 10, 2017
My opinion:
To be honest, I’ve always found reviewing slice of life series to be difficult and unpleasant, doing it is just tedious.
In recent years the anime production standards have steadily dropped culminating with the winter 2017 season which is filled with generic otaku-targeted shows, and thus 3-gatsu no Lion distinguished itself by having a more “serious” tone and being better, compared to the vast number of shitty series that aired at the same time.
I usually avoid watching slice of life because, in most cases, the story is nothing special and the pacing is slow, leaving me unsatisfied and on the brink of falling asleep in read more
Apr 10, 2017
91 Days (Anime) add (All reviews)
During 91 Days I felt like watching the movies Godfather, Lawless, Donnie Brasco and Public Enemies all at the same time, with a complex but solid plot, suspense backed up by factual consequences that keep you on the edge of your seat and solid characters that live up to the expectations combined with genuine mafia tactics and actions resulted in a good watching experience that felt like a breath of fresh air because 91 Days was different from other shows, it avoided being generic or cliched.

The story takes place in the prohibition times and it is about a young boy named Angelo who had read more
Apr 3, 2017
Onihei (Anime) add (All reviews)
My Opinion:
This show is grossly underrated both popularity-wise and rating-wise. I am here to right that wrong, through a short review that will touch the more important points.
Onihei is a well written show featuring nice characters, unfortunately the story felt a bit too segmented and without a clear direction.
However, it was one hell of a watching experience that had some meaningful life lessons which I will remember for some time.

Story: 8/10
The story revolves around Heizou Hasegawa who is the chief of the Arson Theft Control division which consists of a small group of people charged with keeping the peace and stopping criminals at read more
Apr 2, 2017
My Opinion:
This show presents the darkness of reality, a violent world filled with betrayal, madness, deceit and sacrifices. It shows coruption at its finest and the mafia way of living and dying.
It is the story of a man who’s very essence and existence is changed through brute force. It presents the protagonist’s path that leads to the man he will become as well as his struggle to find the man he once was.

Story: 7/10
The premise of Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom is truly original, with well done plot details and carefully thought actions, it keeps you on the edge of your seat, craving for more read more
Mar 31, 2017
My opinion:
Youjo Senki is a series that succeeds in portraying the “reincarnated and transported to a different world” scenario while having a unique approach on the “military” genre.
The story is well executed and approaches the military genre from a new and unique perspective that I found really entertaining. The character cast is a “one man army” composed of Tanya, aside from her character there really aren’t any other good characters.
The animation works in harmony with the sound department, resulting in a great watching experience that really allows the viewer to enter the show’s world.

Story: 7/10
For having insulted “God”, an atheist and read more
Mar 30, 2017
My Opinion:
Did “School Days” get a second season? Oh, no, it’s Kuzu no Honkai, also known as one of the most popular and overrated anime series of winter 2017.
Kuzu no Honkai is an exaggeration of the love life experienced by high school students and watching it reminded me of a National Geographic documentary about mating rabbits I saw years ago.
While the show had some very good ideas, it failed in executing them, fact which made the show look more like a trainwreck rather than the “in-depth, mature” series it intended to be.
The plot is inconsistent and poorly executed for the most part employing read more
Mar 28, 2017
My Opinion:
In a world polluted with otaku-targeted shows, ACCA:13 feels like a breath of fresh air and stands out through its intriguing plot and character cast.
From the beginning of this anime season I looked forward to watching ACCA:13, a show that conveys a delicate theme through an interesting, slow-burning plot accompanied by characters with intriguing personalities.
The animation worked in tandem with the sound department and offered an immersive experience in which I could really enjoy the show to its fullest.

Story: 8/10
The kingdom of Dowa, which is subdivided into 13 autonomous states, has many agencies that are controlled by the giant organization known as read more
Mar 27, 2017
My opinion:
At first glance, Gabriel Dropout seems nothing special and definitely does not stand out but it is actually a hilarious show that had me laughing till my stomach hurt.
Quality wise Gabriel Dropout is not very good, it has a simple generic plot with some of the most stereotypical characters I have seen but that did not stop the show from being so damn entertaining.
I’ve decided to write this review in a more lively manner that better suits the show, doing so was fun.

Story: 6/10
Upon passing a school in heaven, graduating angels are sent down to Earth with the duty to learn about and guide read more