Saki Yoshida is a graduating middle school student with little to look forward to in life. Having been shy at the beginning, she wound up not making a single friend during middle school and wants to change that in high school starting with her looks. However, Saki might find out that she got more than she bargained for when fate takes a turn for the worse and her newly blooming youth crumbles.
Man....I just....fuck. It takes a lot for something to affect a person like myself, it takes even more when I've been jerking off for about 3/4 of the story. But then it just hits you, it hits you like a brick and no matter what sick shit you've masturbated to in the past, you won't make it passed this wall, not this time. You'll come to accept it, you'll think on it for probably the following hour or so, and you'll move on, you may never hit that wall again, but you'll always think back on it, maybe not on a regular basis, maybe once
a year if that. But you will think back on it, and you'll say to yourself "Man....".
So, I happen to stumble upon this manga from a stupid Facebook page, and thought why not give it a go.
I'm not a manga reader(but an avid anime watcher), so this is still on of my early manga experiences.
Before moving to the crux, I'll address the technical things first.
1. Art was quite good. Faces were very expressive. And it made the disgusting moments even more disgusting (in a good way, of course).
2. Writing was nothing special, but was bearable.
Now to the plot.
* Saki is a socially reclusive yet a very naiive girl, and when entering in high school, wants to become more social-able. So
she asks her mom to do some make-up and then she suddenly becomes the most attractive girl in the school.
* She then meets a guy in a shop, who invites for a drink, and her wanting to be an "adult", goes there. He forces here into sex, even gives LSD to her, and hence afterwards, declares her his girlfriend. She gives into his charms, and accepts her as his boyfriend.
* Then after hearing about ways to earn money by sex from her school friends, she gets into escorting, and that's when everything goes downhill.
1. So you now know it's "that" kind of story. The "decent-into-living-hell" kind of one. But the series of events and how they are unfolding and being presented, keeps the plot engaging. But since it's a hentai manga, it's interrupted by a lot of sex scenes.
2. OK, so something personal here. I glance a quite many hentai manga, because reasons.... but this is the first time I didn't get ... aroused... by the second chapter because of what was happening.
3. Awful things happen to Saki, very awful. Even though they may seem cliched, it is still very hard to sit through. And this continues on for 6 chapters, which is quite amazing to keep the reader engaging and disgusted at the same time.
4. But Chapter 7 is when it separates itself from other hentai manga. Without spoiling anything, all the horrible things that happened before all combine to make a big punch in the gut, and to the heart, that you won't forget soon.
5. It makes me scared that it happens to girls (and maybe even boys) in real life.
TL;DR :- One of the (surprisingly) saddest manga stories I've read as of writing this, and considering it is a hentai manga. I'm disgusted, emotionally drained, sad as well as a little scared after reading this. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART.
EDIT : [SPOILERS] I've noticed something. Except for the obvious sexual pleasure, she doesn't show emotions or thoughts for her current situation, except for the abortion scene and at the end. You'd think one would break down and cry a little when one get's hurt, but even after all the bad things happening to her, she persists. She endures the pain for a good future with her boyfriend, until...
Beautiful. In many manga series, the character will experience the bad so that the good seems so much better when it comes. Realistically, some people just have completely terrible lives. The transition from seeking solace in life to seeking solace in death is beautiful and convincing.
Along the way, the reader is reminded that less fortunate people have unexplored characters and stories that are often overlooked. Many undeserving people are beaten down by life. Though the protagonist may have been naive, she tried to live with others and just couldn't stand up to the world by herself. She took a bad path in life, with no
one to help her at any turns she took, and she eventually found herself stuck. The world is as foul as people make it.
Though the story is experienced in third person, it really is as Saki experiences things. The lack of her thoughts make the story so much more tragically beautiful. We see Saki convincing herself that she is okay, we watch as she despairs when hope is taken from her, and at the end there is no after story, no epilogue. When life ends, it doesn't matter what happens afterwards because to experience something, you need to exist. Even if the people who made Saki's life miserable were meted out justice, she will never get to experience that happiness.
I really appreciate how this manga shows that life can be worse than death. The ending for this manga was a happy one. After toiling through life, she got the eternal reprieve she deserved. She may not have ever gotten to enjoy life, but she won't have to suffer through it ever again.