Harasen a single, lonely 37 years old highschool teacher is unable to cope the departure of a student, who is also his subject of unrequited love. Faced with a love sickness, he returns to the clubbing scene to start a fresh where he tangles up with a very troublesome guy...
Why...Why...oh why I waited this long to read this manga. Well, maybe because I was not too fascinated with the art style. But then, Nakamura Asumiko sensei's art is not the typical art you see in a Yaoi manga. The line drawing style, the not so perfect faces or the blank expressions...yeah at first glance they will not fascinate you. But as you start reading, you get immersed in the story and the characters and you feel that the drawing style suits the story perfectly.
Story - 8: For all those who have read the "Doukyuusei" series...this is a continuation of Hara Sensei/Hara sen's story,
the music teacher, and how he moves from a heartbreak to getting a chance in love. The story starts where one broken hearted person - Hara sen, meets another broken hearted person - Sora/Sorano. From that point onward starts the journey of Hara sensei trying to ward of his overly enthusiastic student Sorano from minding his own affairs and leaving the poor Hara alone. Well, as the old saying goes "love happens when you least expect it". Our Hara sen has a rule "not to get involved in relationships with his students", but Sorano had some other plans. There are parts of this story, especially the part of an "old flame" coming in, I felt that the story had a bit of a disconnect, but the author brought all the characters together quiet well in the end. I hope I'm not giving any spoilers, but to see the sweetness of how an unusual love story can develop between two very different people, you have to read this one (although you will not be getting a lot of Yaoi action, its a Shounen-ai -.-).
Art - 7 : As mentioned before, the art style is way different from the usual style you have seen in BL/Yaoi mangas. But, I think you can get used to it once you start reading the story. The art blends well with the story and its characters. I'm not sure how much I can like the flowing line drawing style, but the face and expressions were clear and good. Shounen-ai's do focus more on the dramatic aspect of the story and you can see that in their art.
Character- 7: Well, for those of you who have read previous series, Hara sen has been a constant character and I always wanted to see his "happy ending". I'm glad that we get to see a side of Hara sen that previous mangas did not portray, his "desperately and idiotically in love" side ^.^ Sorano is a refreshing change from a typical uke, although I wanted to see many more moments of his with Hara sen, that's why I felt his character development lacked something. Maybe pulling in other characters help in understanding Hara sen's past relationships, but Sorano and Hara sen's ending up together to me looked a little rushed.
Enjoyment-7: Enjoyment is definitely there, especially the conversations between Hara sen and Sorano. I love the way Hara sen gets flustered in front of Sorano whenever he tries to act like an adult, but not so convincingly:D
Overall - 8: The story is a good continuation and conclusion of a wonderful series. Of course, it leaves a lot to be desired from the Yaoi part, but if you are into Drama CD's, I highly recommend listening to it. The voice acting cast is awesome ♥♥♥ - Fukuyama Jun (Aoto Sorano), & Ishikawa Hideo (Hara Manabu).
This story happens after Sotsugyosei and talks about Hara sen, ou favorite gloomy music teacher.
Now we see how Hara sen deals with his heartbreak from the end of the last installment and are introduced to Sorano, a happy-go-lucky first year he happens to meet before the start of the school term in a very "interesting" way.
Ok, this is totally cute. Sorano is such a cute baby and is like heavens justice being paid to Hara sen, poor boy. He's destined to a school-teacher relationship, looks like he can't run away of this fact.
There's some good situations on this manga:
1. The way Hara sen and Sorano
met on the bar. And when they meet each other at school. Super sexy at first, super funny later. I was very pleased with this, makes total sense and is very "fated meeting", just a pleasure to read.
2. When Sorano meets Saijou. Saijou really became a very fine specimen of a man, Hara sen got really shook by it and Sorano saw EVERYTHING with a magnifying glass: how much Hara sen liked Saijou and how beautiful Saijou really were. He felt like he couldn't really compete, but decided to meddle in this story, just cause. Apparently he felt like, if he could find a way to resolve Hara sen's fellings for Saijou, he could benefit from it.
3. Hara sen and Saijou's date. Hara sen was SO HANDSOME. Just my type. kkk The date was very normal, it was funny to see Sorano and Kusakabe tailing after them all the time, tho. I think Saijou's blushing to Hara sen's question was the star of the scene, so cute. But, even though I wanted this feelings to find a closure, It was already chapter 3, and I was done with the Dokyuusei couple already. They are cute, but it's not their story?
4. Sorano's past. He lived a very pure one sided love with his middle school friend with a buzz cut form baseball. Cute. I was glad I got to see buzz cuts and a gakuran.
5. Arisaka-sensei. Why he's back? That's some real struggle right there, I even made me change my story score on this review. Unexpected to the core. I can bet I can ask anyone and none of them would say they were expecting this sensei to return to this story. He's already a old man, but still cute. He's even divorced. Life is tough for Sorano, who really became irrelevant with his arrival.
6. Hibiki-kun. The foreshadowing of him asking Sorano which school he was attending was nice. We all kind of knew who he was from that point on. But we were all wrong and that was NICE! I was still wishing this story would focus on Hara sen and Sorano's romance already by that point.
7. Sorano falling in love. He's a little boy with some attitude, isn't he? The whole apartment scene was cute and the dream even cuter!
8. Am I angry that the main couple's relationship got resolved in between other people's relationship issues (and what a issue!)? I am, kinda. But it was cute. Sorano is just like a ray of sunshine. His crying face was too much!
I really hope to see more of them. I luv them. As always the second couple is better than the main one of the series.