Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2010 9:32 PM

Aug 2008
MEh. I fail to see the logic of launching nukes during a zombie attack. Doesn't solve the problem, just makes life suck harder for the survivors. But I shouldn't have even used the word logic for this series. I think Rei's murderous rage was a bit of an overreaction to how she was slighted.

I guess it's time for one last crazy run through the zombies for survival.
Sep 13, 2010 9:44 PM

Jul 2008
lol I saw Marv on subtitles - it's MOAB - Mother of all bombs made by warfreak russians

omg.. seasons almost OVER!!! I hate watching good 12 episode anime
Sep 13, 2010 9:56 PM

May 2010
this ep was very disappointing if Rei would've killed that teacher the ep would've been worth watching but since she didn't which i knew she wasn't gonna do it and the spit out the lamest line "he wasn't worth it" that's lame to me she should have blasted his head off
Sep 13, 2010 10:21 PM

Aug 2009
lime93 said:
... to me she should have blasted his head off

I agree.

Well, well, well ... now we have our worldwide scale nuclear attack. What comes now, "the rise of the machines" ?? xDDD
surieldlSep 15, 2010 3:15 PM

Sep 14, 2010 2:06 AM

Jan 2010
mycat8u said:
Let's all hope for more action and zombies for the season finale. it should end with a BANG =)

I hope that they will end this well ...
Sep 14, 2010 3:11 AM

Apr 2008
That teacher is really pissing o-olll

Sep 14, 2010 4:13 AM

Jun 2008
Saeko provoking with out even realizing it.Lol!! Btw this really is gonna end unsatisfying. Hope there is a second season.
What are the missiles for? Did the countries started trying to eliminate each other with the excuse of the zombie epidemic?

Superluccix said:
Zhabin said:
deadfoxblue said:
Outside Takashi's room, what was that thing Saeko was saying to Rei? and Rei told her not to talk about it? o.O

Saeko was saying how shes not really her upper classman (Sempai or is it Senpai), Rei is only in a lower grade because she was wrongfully held back a year by Shido-sensei. Rei was bothered by that whole event and cut Saeko off because she doesn't like to think about it.

@Superluccix saying he/she is confused as to why Rei is so agnry at Shido thinking Shido's "crime" only affected her.

Rei was more angry at the trouble Shido caused her father by doing that, she commented on how he apologized to her while crying and that pissed her off. So, it could be seen as legitimate anger, or a slight overreaction.

Yea it was a mix of both. But for those reasons alone be enough to kill Shido-sensei? I mean yes he is evil indeed....but considering Rei is just going by those 2 reasons....she thinks killing him would be the right thing to do? Hell even the father told her to kill him.

But the biggest thing Im mad about is how the father refused to take the students. Like hell they have been tainted. They are scared! Even more-so than Takeshi's gang since they can't fight at all

You just don't realize how that guy operates. His all about survival as himself showed by killing his friend with a sword after he became a zombie.
It's not that he thinks that the students are somehow tainted with evil because they where with that teacher and they can't see the light or something like that. He doesn't care for that shit.
He just sees them as trouble since they where stupid enough to follow that idiot and they might become a liability in the future if he tried to take them with him.
It's not about good or evil, it's about stupidity and incompetence. He doesn't want idiots like that with him. He wants people who proved themselves useful and have a certain level of ability and intelligence.
Sep 14, 2010 4:29 AM
Jun 2008
Monad said:

It's not about good or evil, it's about stupidity and incompetence. He doesn't want idiots like that with him. He wants people who proved themselves useful and have a certain level of ability and intelligence.
but what about the non-violent gang who goes against him, why he doesn't kick them away.
Sep 14, 2010 4:42 AM

Apr 2009
That teacher is as annoying as Rei, oh god.
Sep 14, 2010 5:03 AM

Jun 2008
MorningGlory said:
Monad said:

but what about the non-violent gang who goes against him, why he doesn't kick them away.

They are against violence aren't they? So they aren't much of a problem just leaving them there. They are a big crowd and they could become trouble if he tried to throw them out instead.
And is not like they are gonna follow him when he leaves. He wont have to carry them with him so who gives a fuck about them. Just leave them there.
Sep 14, 2010 5:30 AM

Jul 2009
Perhaps the teacher was working on re-populating the planet early?
I felt fo that poor boy who was booted off the bus.:(

I look forward to the next episode, hopefully, it'll feature that pair in space.
They need to incorporate a little more of the military; it's good to see how proffessionals deal with the situation.

dynamo_electron said:
he's not even worth killing , but isn't he wort cuting off an ear or 2 or poking out his eyes.

Yes, I'd remove something from him.

Kingwel said:
That teacher is as annoying as Rei, oh god.

I know, throw Tagaki in there, and we have the most annoying character of the series. :p
The teacher is the perfect antagonist, yet I would have though Rei's history with him would have been a tad more major.

Sep 14, 2010 8:32 AM

Oct 2009
Right... Just nuke the zombies...
Sep 14, 2010 10:34 AM
Aug 2010
If you read the Subtitles on the Preview for Episode 12 you would know that thier area just got hit by an EMP (Shuts off anything electrical) im not sure if elsewhere got hit by a nuke though....
Sep 14, 2010 11:20 AM

Jul 2010
Well not much action in this episode as well, but I'm glad that I got to know more about the reason why Rei was held back a year. Shido-asshole got what he deserves. I hope he'll get eaten by zombies while his "followers" do nothing to help him.

Sep 14, 2010 11:24 AM

Oct 2009
Rei should have killed him. When you show mercy, it can come back and bite you in the ass-in this case perhaps literally. ^_^

They must be planning season 2, or like it was said above, the ending will be crappy.

Sep 14, 2010 11:32 AM

May 2010
Shido-sensei has been kicked! :D hahaha

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Sep 14, 2010 12:12 PM
Jul 2009
Which sub do I want? I know gg > HorribleSubs but idk who AG and TMD are, help?
Sep 14, 2010 1:14 PM

Dec 2009
Best episode since episode 5.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 14, 2010 2:31 PM

Sep 2009
Sep 14, 2010 2:36 PM
Jun 2008
^
lol ..seriously Takashi need to treat girl more nicely next time..
Sep 14, 2010 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
melancholies said:
Which sub do I want? I know gg > HorribleSubs but idk who AG and TMD are, help?

AG? No croub called AG is subbing this anime as far as i know.

Anyway if you want the best subs and video quality for this show then go with TMD.
Follow the link and see the light my child.
http://www.tomodachi-subs.org/news.php
Sep 14, 2010 3:26 PM

Nov 2009
I thought sending all the students without even judging them was harsh, but they did look corrupted. At first glance, i though Shido was given too much mercy, but now i guess he gets to be sent to a slow death being consumed by zombies. The caveat is if he survives with those kids.

As for the next episode I am curious if those were actually nukes or not. All i can say is that there is more than just EMPs.
Sep 14, 2010 3:40 PM

Aug 2009
HHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG!! SHIDOU-SENSE~I!!!

<3

That is all I have to say.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Sep 14, 2010 4:39 PM
Jul 2009
Awful lot of tits missing from this episode...
Sep 14, 2010 8:00 PM

Jan 2008
Rei forgot to cut shidou's arms off.
Sep 14, 2010 8:10 PM

Aug 2009
PseudoJordan said:
At this point, it's pretty much guaranteed that this will have an open ending with the 12 episodes and the manga far beyond the Takagi household chapters. Good thing this episode didn't have too much fanservice weirdness, but nonetheless the story has gone significantly downhill since the first episode. I'll probably end it with a 6/10 or so. Also, Rei was the best female in this show.

Totally agree with you on that.
Sep 14, 2010 8:59 PM

Feb 2009
I would of shot him, can't stand that guy lol
Sep 15, 2010 1:59 AM

Feb 2010
yvanc said:
Rei forgot to cut shidou's arms off.

Yeah I hate when a character is about to do justice and then hesitates at the end. FML.
Sep 15, 2010 3:21 AM

Aug 2010
I thought it right of him to send all those messed up students away from their residence. They didn't look right after spending all that time with Mr. Shido. If i had the chance to kill him right on the spot, i would've taken it.

I can't wait to see how they'll end this show. Should be interesting
Sep 15, 2010 3:23 AM

Feb 2010
crazyspinz said:
I thought it right of him to send all those messed up students away from their residence. They didn't look right after spending all that time with Mr. Shido. If i had the chance to kill him right on the spot, i would've taken it.

I can't wait to see how they'll end this show. Should be interesting
I wouldnt mind spending a while on the "orgy bus" with mr.shido
Sep 15, 2010 4:24 AM

Aug 2010
NikeetaSama said:
OH......THE IMAGE! So you wouldn't mind him using you for his own interest then toss you when he sees it fits? You'll feel like an idiot afterward and you'd wish you left with the others a few episodes back. You may turn out to be the same contamination he is in the near future when all hope is lost....

I'm guessing over the years, Mr.Shido's life changed drastically to the way he is now. I can't sense any source of happiness in him. He feeds you crap just to do his bidding. It's best he's left with the 'orgy bus' all to himself..... plus one nuke..XD
crazyspinzSep 15, 2010 4:39 AM
Sep 15, 2010 4:36 AM

Feb 2010
crazyspinz said:
NikeetaSama said:
OH......THE IMAGE! So you wouldn't mind him using you for his own interest then toss you when he sees it fits? You'll feel like an idiot afterward and you'd wish you left with the others a few episodes back. You may turn out to be the same contamination he is in the near future when all hope is lost....

I'm guessing over the years, Mr.Shido's life changed drastically to the way he is now. I can't sense any source of happiness in him. He feds you crap just to do his bidding. It's best he's left with the 'orgy bus' all to himself..... plus one nuke..XD
All students on the bus can party our hearts out and when he finally tosses us out we can join the elite zombie army and conquor earth.. ohhhh the joy![
Sep 15, 2010 5:48 AM

Feb 2008
Yay, finally some US Navy [nuclear] action, an epic finale for the episode :D

Looking forward to the last one.
Sep 15, 2010 6:29 AM

Feb 2010
TheCorruptedOne said:

ew action bores me mostly. im also looking forward to the final episode. *tear* FINAL episode.
Sep 15, 2010 6:36 AM

Feb 2010
TheCorruptedOne said:

action bores me mostly. Bring on the final episode.
Sep 15, 2010 7:18 AM

Jan 2010
Yay!!!! Armageddon

they nuking each other and no one survive except star of the show (ZOMBIES AND MAIN CHARACTERS).
Sep 15, 2010 10:57 AM

Apr 2008
Actually nuking the major cities makes a reasonable amount of sense when you start taking a few things into acount.

First that is where the vast majority of Zombies will be. Cities are where their main supply of food is. A nuke will destroy or render imobile the vast majority of those.
At this point rural areas will be less infected.
Once the vast majority of zombies are gone or rendered less of a threat the smaller population of non-infected has a chance to begin to get ahead of the problem by killing zombies in their area. It is important to remember that non infected people seem to be faster and more agile than zombies. Zombies tend to be at an advantage when they have overwhelming numbers and have their victims cornered.

Secondly looking at it from a millitary point of view. A large number of the survivors will be millitary type people anyway. This is because the millitary will have the equipment and supplies to ride out the after effects of a Nuclear war, they will also be able to help small numbers of civillian survivors. Now looking at the cities; they are undoubtably full of small pockets of survivors, but is it worth the effort to try and save them compared to the potential gain of removing even larger numbers of zombies. It would be a brutal decision, but as I said it does make a certain amount of sense.
Sep 15, 2010 11:19 AM
Jul 2010
Meh. This series is going downhill in my humble opinion. But since I only have one episode left, I will watch it.
Sep 15, 2010 12:05 PM
Feb 2010
Hmm... so this season is gonna end with Mutual Assured Destruction?

Strange, why did they decide to launch the missiles in the first place? Cause it is a worldwide phenomenon, the zombies, so it really doesn't make any sense to fire at the opposing superpower== (Russia vs USA).

Ah.... it's kinda boring.... fanservice> zombies after first few eps lol.

Zukorra said:
Meh. This series is going downhill in my humble opinion. But since I only have one episode left, I will watch it.

Can't be said better.
Sep 15, 2010 4:48 PM
Sep 2009
This episode seemed pretty much to me like the calm (relatively, if you don't see Rei almost stabbing Mr. Shido as a 'storm'.)

I feel like they're building up suspense for the finale!

Can't wait! ;)
Sep 15, 2010 6:28 PM
Jul 2009
I really missed the fan service. Seriously, it was like
no boobs
no action

meh

episode 12 better just be straight up fan service all day
Sep 15, 2010 6:31 PM

Feb 2009
ABrickWall said:
I really missed the fan service. Seriously, it was like
no boobs
no action

meh

episode 12 better just be straight up fan service all day

Can't tell if you're a troll or not... Hmmm....

Anyways, you're saying that that one girl hanging her boobs out the window was not fanservice? Sure, it wasn't nearly as much, but personally, I'm totally okay with that.
Sep 15, 2010 7:12 PM

Aug 2008
Well, Highschool of the Harem is coming to a close, and I didn't even care about the eminence of nuclear fallout. I don't know. It's just whatever. Main guy is supposed to be the leader, and I just don't buy it. Saeko deserves to be the leader, but she was made so weak and subservient that even she's a longshot. Whatever. It is what it is.
Sep 15, 2010 7:34 PM

Jun 2010
Only part you can take serious is probably the Armageddon and even then I dont know, Its not like I ever took this series serious so it wont ever really disappoint me, but at the same time aside from the ecchi and characters, I guess I was expecting more from the plot, but then again with this setting, eye candy was what it was aiming for. Oh well I still love Saeko, she alone made this series for me.

Im debating if I should pick it up, I believe its a monthly release so it wont matter too much.
Sep 15, 2010 7:48 PM

Feb 2009
^The manga has only 27 chapters out so far, 27 just released a few days ago. I'm not sure now about the schedule of releases. There was a big hiatus before chapter 26 then another hiatus for 3-4 months, I think then chapter 27 just now. Next chapter won't be until November. Add the release dates with the slow pacing of the recent chapters and 2nd season is but a long lost dream.
Sep 15, 2010 8:01 PM

Mar 2009
Rei X Takashi! :D HOLY CRAP! :) THAT I did not see coming nor him pinning her down and trying to fuck her! :D (I think they kissed passionately, no clue on that fact, but it did hurt her back real bad! :() That definitely did NOT happen in the manga... AWESOME!! :D Now, for her not killing Shiedo-Sensei... she's right... he's a worthless bastard. Let him die a slow, nice painful death. Anyway, really, really sad to see this go, had a blast with the series.. the ending should be insane.. and a OVA should be interesting. --- Randy
Sep 15, 2010 8:39 PM

Nov 2007
LOL FOREVER OMG

What a completely fucking stupid reason for wanting to kill someone. "He held me back a year and made my dad cry! HE MUST DIE!!" I thought he'd raped Rei, I mean I can understand her reaction more if he had. But noo. Idk why I expected anything more from this show re: reasons for actions.

Similarly, why make Takashi the leader? He's a woman-hitting dick.

Rei is a wishy-washy bitch, what about your bf, hmm? You forgot about him in the space of, what? Three days?

And they're all murderers now, really, sending Shido and the students back out to the zombies. They probably won't be able to survive much longer now.

WHERE ARE THE ZOMBIES BTW UHM HELLO THAT'S THE ONLY REASON I'M INTERESTED IN THIS SHOW

Anyway I hope everyone dies next ep, I don't like any of the characters anymore.
yamakasiSep 15, 2010 8:42 PM
Sep 15, 2010 9:07 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, you can't kill Shido; he has to spread the religion of Orgybus.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2010 11:34 PM

Oct 2009
Cool ending song.

But I think I'll stick to the manga etc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2010 2:08 AM

Feb 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Yeah, you can't kill Shido; he has to spread the religion of Orgybus.
Like.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

541 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 16, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Jul 25, 2010

404 by DarkXion »»
Mar 16, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.