Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Yesterday, 8:33 PM
Jul 2024
I tried watching this anime but I found it very very unfunny. Ppl compared to nichijou as well, but nichijou is far better than whatever this is. Then again, comedy is subjective and maybe my taste is just bad. But I feel like nokotan’s humour is more Japanese pun oriented, which wouldn’t translate well into English. It’s comedy is a also just “random shit happens-🤣🤣🤣”, which is not what I’m looking for.
Yesterday, 8:47 PM
Jul 2022
someguy said:
I tried watching this anime but I found it very very unfunny. Ppl compared to nichijou as well, but nichijou is far better than whatever this is. Then again, comedy is subjective and maybe my taste is just bad. But I feel like nokotan’s humour is more Japanese pun oriented, which wouldn’t translate well into English. It’s comedy is a also just “random shit happens-🤣🤣🤣”, which is not what I’m looking for.

since both Nokotan's rating and the general perception of it dropped significantly after the first few episodes, no youre not the only one
personally i still loved the show a lot but i feel like its a victim of its own marketing
Yesterday, 9:29 PM
Apr 2022
I found it kind of boring not funny and I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on
Yesterday, 9:43 PM

Jul 2008
Well, not just you, since Japanese viewers also have the same sentiment like you, where they perceive the show as mid at best, which can be seen from its ratings on various Japanese stream service, like Amazon Prime (rated at 2.6/5), or Hulu (always placed outside of top 10), to name a few, and even Anikore's (a.k.a Japan's MAL) score is at 3/5.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Yesterday, 9:44 PM
Oct 2022
Me too, for me this show was bored and not funny.
Yesterday, 10:04 PM
Oct 2019
For me it's the best show of the season. Make me laugh on the same level of konosuba and joshikousei no muduzukai.
Yesterday, 10:58 PM
Aug 2019
I still found it good and humourous enough all the way through. Even understanding the Japanese puns, I still don't think it was anything crazy or a Nichijou-level funny.

Definitely died down in hype after like episode 4. But like I said it was funny enough to me and the characters were interesting in their owns ways that kind of made me keep watching; adding more to the rusted humor.
Yesterday, 11:35 PM
Dec 2022
Well, while the comedy died down a bit after like 5 episodes, I still enjoyed it found it funny even a bit during the craziest times. The characters were entertaining and I loved how wild and dumb the show was.❤️
Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Aug 2021
The marketing -being as godtier as it was- set it up for a road of disappointment. It was promoted as some hub of endless insanity that could've matched The Greats such as Nichijou, Arakawa, Excel Saga, Asobi Asobase, Grand Blue, Sakamoto, et al. But instead, we got a LOLrandom overexplained pacing mess that could barely land the jokes. I think its greatest flaw was trying to cover 20+ minutes each episode with a single gag. For those whole 20 minutes I just sat there waiting patiently for the funnies to happen.

There was one episode down the middle which was segmented into several ~3 minutes short gags that actually got some genuine laughs out of me, which solidified the idea that this show would have benefitted from sticking to that formula: small isolated mini gags that reveled in the random nature of the humor.

You're not alone, we were oversold. I REALLY, REALLY tried to like it.
Today, 12:41 AM
Jul 2024
you are DEFINITELY not the only one like the comedy and everything was absolutely mid and the only thing that saved the anime was the op and the characters.
Today, 12:44 AM
Dec 2023
idk everyone has their own tastes like to me Cyberpunk edge runners seems more funny that traumatic.
Today, 12:46 AM

Dec 2021
It's honestly remarkable how "cilantro-esque" the comedy here is. You're either someone who loves the zing it delivers, or you feel like you're chugging a bottle of Dawn Ultra. Needless to say, I still think slamming a bottle of Dawn Ultra is more pleasant than sitting through this direly bland slop.

Fuck you, the deer is an abomination
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Today, 2:41 AM
Sep 2022
someguy said:

every episode of nokotann is just "nokotann does something dumb and koshi reacts to with by explaining the joke
shikanoko: look i made a pipebomb
koshi: wtf i can't believe you made a pipebomb thats not something a schoolgirl should do
the side characters are so bad and I hate them
10 hours ago
Nov 2021
tru actuall funny series with a deer are: nichijou.
9 hours ago
Oct 2022
To me it was entertaining, but not funny
8 hours ago
Mar 2021
I second that, it not great but couldn’t stop watching it, but did not find it hilarious. I also did not find nichijou funny except for the deer ones, maybe it the deer which are funny!
3 hours ago
Nov 2023
You’re not the only one with incompatible humour to the creators of this show. I find it hilarious, but nothing is universal.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 21

64 by FoolonthePlanet »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Sep 18

124 by camghost10 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 11

84 by camghost10 »»
Sep 26, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4

74 by camghost10 »»
Sep 26, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28

73 by camghost10 »»
Sep 26, 9:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.