Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 26, 10:14 AM

Apr 2020
i read manga sometime ago and i loved it , so i wanted to know if the anime is good adaptation of manga or not
and i mean in every sense - story , ecchi ,characters

i plan to binge it and i absolutely hate censorship or waterdown versions so if anime is doing that , then i wouldnt bother with it and continue with manga

thanks for replies
Jul 26, 10:25 AM
May 2023
NaughtySempai said:
i read manga sometime ago and i loved it , so i wanted to know if the anime is good adaptation of manga or not

i plan to binge it and i absolutely hate censorship or waterdown versions so if anime is doing that , then i wouldnt bother with it and continue with manga

thanks for replies

nope.. almost every ecchi scenes got censored and anime skips many scenes..
Jul 26, 10:29 AM
May 2022
90 percent faithful but don't worry it has every elements of manga so it's almost like watching Manga unfolding
Jul 26, 10:50 AM
Sep 2022
It’s mainly the ecchi stuff and some other panels that got cut out/censored. Besides that, I’d say it’s somewhat faithful
Jul 26, 11:02 AM

Feb 2021
No not really, some scenes were skipped and many were censored
Jul 26, 11:05 AM
Apr 2020
Beside some censor stuff, its pretty faithful. Ecchi is still there they don't show nips and change angles but its still enjoyable imo. The direction in anime is good, i really recomend u check out the anime if u the fan of the manga later on.
Jul 26, 11:07 AM
May 2023
Based off of what the author said in the announcement chapter/extra (as translated in the MangaPlus release, forgot which one it was), the adaptation should be faithful to the characters and content, with the removal or watering down of some of the more ecchi stuff to make it more TV friendly, which makes sense to be fair.

So far from my watch (3.5 episodes) it has been faithful to that (story, characters, themes). I would still say that it's worth the watch if you enjoy the manga. It's not like the inclusion of a nipple or 2 or lack there of changes how the story plays out
Jul 26, 11:09 AM
Feb 2020
if follows the manga then yes but there's but if you wish to get ecchi scenes like manga and sorry to break you they cut most ecchi scene or skip cause if you read again manga ecchi scene more less than 50 chapter so to make anime fan questions after where the ecchi scene they just out first incase there'll be season 2
Jul 26, 11:29 AM
Mar 2023
NaughtySempai said:

thanks for replies

It’s not censored J.C Staff had to Tone down the Fanservice because of it getting an early time slot on Japanese Television
Jul 26, 11:44 AM
Jun 2023
King_Abhi said:
NaughtySempai said:

thanks for replies

nope.. almost every ecchi scenes got censored and anime skips many scenes..

Yep... its a true tragedy...
Jul 26, 11:52 AM
Sep 2021
Storywise it’s faithful. As others mentioned most of the ecchi stuff has been cut.
Jul 26, 12:22 PM
Oct 2021
it isnt
really disappointing
Jul 26, 4:52 PM
Jan 2020
I tried to catch up unto the latest, and I don't think so. Go check the latest chapter on Mangaplus. It is fanservice heavy.
Jul 26, 6:42 PM
Mar 2015
Yes the anime is a good adaptation of the manga.
Jul 26, 8:36 PM
Jun 2023
JC staff is not cooking with this one 👎👎👎👎
Jul 27, 6:40 AM
Apr 2017
You can watch the anime knowing nothing about the manga, and you'd be pretty good. So its faithful in carrying on all the major story beats and the very important scenes.
Jul 27, 1:44 PM
Apr 2021
If you “absolutely hate censorship” you should skip it. I wouldn’t even care too much if other elements (animation, voice acting etc.) were absolutely stellar, but they’re at most “pretty good,” so I just watched a couple episodes and left it at that.
Considering the fact that I didn’t even get into the manga’s actual story and characters until much later, I’ll just wait to see if I’ll ever pick up the anime again.

Maybe by then it’ll also have a more explicit blu-ray release, and maybe it’ll be posted online (even hidive has officially done that before, let alone pirated versions). If not, ehh.
Jul 28, 4:58 AM
Aug 2020
Masamune is the definition of an otaku 😅. I’m loving this season so far. He should forget about all the girl and date his childhood friend.
Jul 31, 9:23 AM

Apr 2012
I heard that the English translation and the corresponding DUB changed the dialogue very much towards zoomer twitter speak, is this true? Has anyone heard anything about this?
Aug 9, 9:16 PM

Sep 2016
No, it's censored to the extreme.
go read the manga and stop sullying your eyes watching this sanitized garbage
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 9, 9:50 PM

Apr 2020
RobertBobert said:
I heard that the English translation and the corresponding DUB changed the dialogue very much towards zoomer twitter speak, is this true? Has anyone heard anything about this?

yes , western localizer were even bragging about ruining 2.5 dimensional translations (subtitles)
Aug 10, 10:25 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to NaughtySempai
RobertBobert said:

yes , western localizer were even bragging about ruining 2.5 dimensional translations (subtitles)
@NaughtySempai Is it that serious?
Aug 10, 10:46 AM

Apr 2020

yeah ,it means pushing your own agenda in the medium when original author want to convey something else.

for example : there's a manga in which a boy love to makeup and feminine dresses so when official translations begins the translator/localizer at seven seas straight up made the boy trans gender in translated version

when original author clearly said that the person is just a boy who love dressing up but localizer being "woke" changed the translations to transgender
Aug 10, 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to NaughtySempai

yeah ,it means pushing your own agenda in the medium when original author want to convey something else.

for example : there's a manga in which a boy love to makeup and feminine dresses so when official translations begins the translator/localizer at seven seas straight up made the boy trans gender in translated version

when original author clearly said that the person is just a boy who love dressing up but localizer being "woke" changed the translations to transgender
@NaughtySempai I asked about how serious the changes in translation are.
Aug 13, 12:20 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@NaughtySempai I asked about how serious the changes in translation are.
@RobertBobert i dont remember but there's a link stating all the changes in subtitles, will drop it here if i found it again
Aug 15, 2:59 AM
Dec 2018
Hayators_ said:
if follows the manga then yes but there's but if you wish to get ecchi scenes like manga and sorry to break you they cut most ecchi scene or skip cause if you read again manga ecchi scene more less than 50 chapter so to make anime fan questions after where the ecchi scene they just out first incase there'll be season 2

What? I am so lost…
Aug 17, 7:24 PM

Apr 2014
Feels like watching To-Love Ru with all the good parts omitted. I dropped this series.
Aug 17, 7:30 PM

Sep 2018
I like the anime though the ecchi censorship is definitely a downfall of the adaptation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 2.5-jigen no Ririsa Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30

27 by saibashi »»
2 hours ago

» psa: mobile game coming soon!

DreamingBeats - Aug 27

18 by Red_Ranger_Wien »»
Aug 30, 5:38 PM

Poll: » 2.5-jigen no Ririsa Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 23

43 by LuisSV23 »»
Aug 30, 11:13 AM

Poll: » 2.5-jigen no Ririsa Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

InfinityDude88 - Jul 5

160 by Jack-Kai-Lantern »»
Aug 30, 8:06 AM

Poll: » 2.5-jigen no Ririsa Episode 7 Discussion

InfinityDude88 - Aug 16

44 by Friedrich-kyn »»
Aug 29, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.