Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Mikadono Sanshimai wa Angai, Choroi.' Gets TV Anime

New
Jul 2, 8:08 PM
News Team
Aug 2019
Production company Aniplex opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Aya Hirakawa's Mikadono Sanshimai wa Angai, Choroi. (The Mikadono Sisters Are Surprisingly Easy to Deal With) manga on Wednesday. More information will be revealed this Fall.

Hirakawa began drawing the romantic comedy manga in Shounen Sunday magazine in December 2021. Shogakukan shipped the ninth volume on April 17, with the tenth volume scheduled to be released on July 18. The manga has a cumulative 1 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Mikadono Sanshimai wa Angai, Choroi. placed 15th and eighth in the print category for the 2022 and 2023 Next Manga Awards, respectively.

Synopsis
As the son of the late legendary actress Subaru Ayase, Yuu has had many expectations placed upon him after he transferred to Saika Academy, a highly prestigious school where students can hone their personal talents. However, in contrast to his mother, Yuu is completely talentless. Being seen as completely mediocre, he would have no chance of standing side by side with the three emperors of Saika Academy: the Mikadono sisters, Miwa, Niko, and Kazuki, who are each prodigies in shogi, martial arts, and performing arts, respectively.

With Subaru's friend agreeing to take her son in, Yuu aims to fulfill his mother's last wish to him, which is to build a happy family, after never being able to form a proper mother-son relationship due to their difference in talent. As it turns out, his mother's friend is actually the father of the Mikadono sisters! Keeping his mother's wish in mind, Yuu aims to build familial bonds with the siblings. However, due to their extreme focus on their respective specializations, they show little interest in opening themselves up not only to him, but to each other as well. Nonetheless, Yuu strives to continuously support the three prodigies, as his kindness and care restores the bond between the sisters. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://mikadono.family/
Official X (Twitter): @mikadono_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Mikadono Sanshimai wa Angai, Choroi. on MAL
Jul 2, 8:32 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
idk what this is, but i think i like what im seeing
Jul 2, 8:51 PM

Aug 2016
I was wishing for this manga to get an anime adaptation and it got one I am so excited to watch this when it comes out! :3
Jul 2, 10:21 PM

Jul 2021
a certain two people have made veri aware of this series lmao. excited for niko, she's so pretti in the manga
Jul 2, 10:43 PM

Oct 2017
Need the seiyuu announcement.
Jul 2, 10:48 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
idk what this is, but i think i like what im seeing
@EcchiGodMamster No ecchi mate except some swimsuit stuff.
Jul 2, 11:22 PM

Jul 2015
just another harem to avoid

auto skip
Jul 3, 12:11 AM

Apr 2012
Continuation of the trend towards harems of siblings?
Jul 3, 12:25 AM

Jul 2015
Been a while since I've watched a generic harem, so might as well check it out.

Jul 3, 12:31 AM

May 2021
It would have been light years better if the mangaka didn't put a femboy shota as the protagonist but he also becomes boring in the manga but hopefully the anime will be better

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jul 3, 1:13 AM

May 2020
Looks like something we've already seen, but that is with most of the harems. Hope this would be a bit better as I can't recall more than two decent harems in the last few years.
Jul 3, 1:15 AM
Feb 2023
Good manga deserves anime adaptation I guess. I love this series, and wish i gonna love the adaptation too.
Jul 3, 2:13 AM
Apr 2013
The title and synopsis feels like I'm being baited, so what even is this
Jul 3, 2:55 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
It would have been light years better if the mangaka didn't put a femboy shota as the protagonist but he also becomes boring in the manga but hopefully the anime will be better
@Yubisoft At first I wanted to joke that this explains why the cover looks all-female, but then I saw in his portfolio a manga that gives me Vietnamese flashbacks.
Jul 3, 3:12 AM

May 2021
Reply to tragedydesu

auto skip
@tragedydesu At first I thought I can't exactly criticize you since I am exactly the same with drama anime no matter what other tag it has that I like (romance etc) but when I looked your anime mean score something tells me that the harem genre anime is not the problem here but most likely you just want to vent (and have some other personal problems irl )when it comes to anime in general just like an infamous user famous for his low mean score and extremely toxic negative reviews and opinions about almost everything except fate here on mal .
YubisoftJul 3, 3:43 AM

Jul 3, 3:31 AM

Jul 2015
@Yubisoft
not sure what are you talking about ... i enjoyed plenty of romcom manga lately , romance is my favorite genre but i can only enjoy one to one romance
my problem with harems is not just the annoying drama , i hate the theme itself
btw i didn't even criticize it i just marked it at something i will not watch

anyway , you have plenty of harems in your favorites so i don't think you can understand how i feel about this genre
i hope you enjoy this adaptation :>
Jul 3, 4:33 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Yubisoft At first I wanted to joke that this explains why the cover looks all-female, but then I saw in his portfolio a manga that gives me Vietnamese flashbacks.
@RobertBobert Were you disappointed by a manga from this mangaka? Which one

Jul 3, 4:52 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
@RobertBobert Were you disappointed by a manga from this mangaka? Which one
@Yubisoft https://myanimelist.net/manga/18362/Kunisaki_Izumo_no_Jijou This manga has a dubious reputation since it started out as a more or less intriguing otokonoko story about the Kabuki theater for a teenage male audience, but in the end it gradually turned into moe reverse BL harem with fanservice for fujoshi. Because at some point the author decided that ecchi scenes where ikemens hits on femboy protagonist (although initially the work was focused on his attempts to prove his masculinity) were more interesting than the nuances of ancient art. This is also the that type of old BL manga where the protagonist "becomes" gay due to constant harassment.

Overall, this is a pretty typical otokonoko BL for its time, but the fact that it started out as a kabuki hobby shonen makes this quite controversial.
RobertBobertJul 3, 4:55 AM
Jul 3, 4:54 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Yubisoft https://myanimelist.net/manga/18362/Kunisaki_Izumo_no_Jijou This manga has a dubious reputation since it started out as a more or less intriguing otokonoko story about the Kabuki theater for a teenage male audience, but in the end it gradually turned into moe reverse BL harem with fanservice for fujoshi. Because at some point the author decided that ecchi scenes where ikemens hits on femboy protagonist (although initially the work was focused on his attempts to prove his masculinity) were more interesting than the nuances of ancient art. This is also the that type of old BL manga where the protagonist "becomes" gay due to constant harassment.

Overall, this is a pretty typical otokonoko BL for its time, but the fact that it started out as a kabuki hobby shonen makes this quite controversial.
@RobertBobert Suddenly all start to make sense now and why I dropped the manga of the anime above after 90 chapters . What a mess

Jul 3, 4:57 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
@RobertBobert Suddenly all start to make sense now and why I dropped the manga of the anime above after 90 chapters . What a mess
@Yubisoft I haven't read the manga that got anime, but it seems the author decided to move on to more traditional shonen rom-coms after that.
Jul 3, 4:58 AM

May 2019
I followed the manga for quite a while but around the beach ad part I kinda lost interest. Felt like it was taking too long to get anywhere.
Jul 3, 5:14 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Yubisoft I haven't read the manga that got anime, but it seems the author decided to move on to more traditional shonen rom-coms after that.
RobertBobert said:
but it seems the author decided to move on to more traditional shonen rom-coms after that.

From what you have written in your previous comment and from the 90 chapters I read from the manga I mentioned , it seems that the mangaka's inconsistent aka all over the place writing style as I like to call it and mistakes remain the same . Hopefully the anime adaptation will fix some these mistakes or at least minimize them.

Jul 3, 5:22 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
RobertBobert said:
but it seems the author decided to move on to more traditional shonen rom-coms after that.

From what you have written in your previous comment and from the 90 chapters I read from the manga I mentioned , it seems that the mangaka's inconsistent aka all over the place writing style as I like to call it and mistakes remain the same . Hopefully the anime adaptation will fix some these mistakes or at least minimize them.
@Yubisoft I just don't quite understand what the old moe BL and the modern harem might have in common.
Jul 3, 5:26 AM

May 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
RobertBobert said:

@RobertBobert Huh ?
Yubisoft said:
t seems that the mangaka's inconsistent aka all over the place writing style as I like to call it and mistakes remain the same

Jul 3, 5:30 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
@RobertBobert Huh ?
Yubisoft said:
t seems that the mangaka's inconsistent aka all over the place writing style as I like to call it and mistakes remain the same

@Yubisoft did you mean that the author again got carried away with moe and fan service to the detriment of the original theme of the story?
Jul 3, 5:33 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Yubisoft did you mean that the author again got carried away with moe and fan service to the detriment of the original theme of the story?
@RobertBobert
Yes and that the only thing that changed is what type books she writes now . In the past moe BL , now moe harem with a femboy

Jul 3, 5:35 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
@RobertBobert
Yes and that the only thing that changed is what type books she writes now . In the past moe BL , now moe harem with a femboy
@Yubisoft Well, I will have the opportunity to check it myself when I wait for the premiere.
Jul 3, 11:40 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to RobertBobert
@Yubisoft Well, I will have the opportunity to check it myself when I wait for the premiere.
@RobertBobert Better do that cause it's nothing like the other guy describing it as.
Jul 4, 8:51 PM
May 2019
Reply to tragedydesu

auto skip
@tragedydesu You're missing out on true culture!
Jul 4, 8:53 PM
May 2019
Reply to Yubisoft
@tragedydesu At first I thought I can't exactly criticize you since I am exactly the same with drama anime no matter what other tag it has that I like (romance etc) but when I looked your anime mean score something tells me that the harem genre anime is not the problem here but most likely you just want to vent (and have some other personal problems irl )when it comes to anime in general just like an infamous user famous for his low mean score and extremely toxic negative reviews and opinions about almost everything except fate here on mal .
@Yubisoft You stole the words out of my mouth, lol
Jul 5, 12:15 AM

May 2021
Reply to Yui_Suzumiya69
@tragedydesu You're missing out on true culture!
@Yui_Suzumiya69 True or not , I don't need it but thanks for the feedback anyways !!

Jul 6, 11:17 PM

Aug 2018
LETSSS GOOOO I was expecting this Manga to get an anime
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"

More topics from this board

» 'Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu' Gets Anime Movie in Winter 2025

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

6 by uutakuubi »»
1 hour ago

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Jul 25

28 by ryoko6 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

23 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
3 hours ago

» New 'Jigoku Sensei Nube' Anime Project Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Jul 20

20 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 9:22 PM

» 'Lycoris Recoil' Gets Short Movies ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Jul 23

51 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 9:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.