Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 30, 2023 3:40 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Magazine Cheri+ announced in the March issue on Monday that Natsuki Kizu's Given manga is ending with the next chapter in the May issue on March 30.

Kizu began serializing the boys love music manga in the bimonthly Cheri+ magazine in April 2013. Shinshokan published the eighth volume on October 3. VIZ Media licensed the manga in English under their SuBLime imprint in August 2019 and shipped the seventh volume on January 10.

Lerche adapted the manga into an 11-episode television anime, which aired in Summer 2019. A sequel movie opened in Japanese theaters in August 2020, followed by an original video animation episode released in December 2021. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime series, movie, and OVA with subtitles in multiple languages and an English dub for the television series.

The manga also received a stage play in November 2021, after a delay from its initial scheduled run of August to September 2020 due to the COVID-19, and a six-episode live-action drama series in May 2021.

Synopsis
There is a tune stuck in Mafuyu Satou's head. As he clutches the guitar in his hands, this melody swirls around and around, screaming words of regret, longing, and loss. But with his careless expression that always seems to be up in the clouds, no one knows his true feelings. However, a chance encounter with classmate Ritsuka Uenoyama may finally give Mafuyu the push to let his voice be heard.

Uenoyama is the guitarist of a band, whose fellow members include the kindhearted bassist Haruki Nakayama and rough-looking drummer Akihiko Kaji. Even without a vocalist, their ragtag group has done well as an instrumental-only band. However, their chance to reach even greater heights may have arrived when Uenoyama hears Mafuyu's voice—Uenoyama is enchanted, inviting the reluctant Mafuyu to join.

Working in a band is a difficult task; often, emotions threaten to break it apart, but they can also bring its members closer together. With Uenoyama's help, Mafuyu may finally be able to express the feelings that fight to break free from within his heart. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeJan 30, 2023 4:05 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 30, 2023 3:42 PM
Dec 2017
Its an end of an era and it was such a lovely bl.

Jan 30, 2023 6:39 PM

May 2015
I wonder if they make another season to fully adapt the manga.
Jan 30, 2023 9:41 PM

Feb 2021
Ten said:
I wonder if they make another season to fully adapt the manga.

I hope for that too. I wish that they announce the adaptation of the remaining manga chapters! It would be awesome!

I like this series so much! Very sad that it ends soon.

Mod edit: removed homophobic quote
ZedlinFeb 1, 2023 6:35 PM
Jan 30, 2023 10:33 PM
Jan 2023
yeah i will not watch these works and don't take things too seriously.

I hope it gets a second season if it makes people happy then why not i';m completely fine.

Mod edit: removed unnecessary remarks
ZedlinFeb 1, 2023 6:40 PM
Jan 31, 2023 1:11 AM

Jul 2021
gonna have to wait for the next season of given anime
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 31, 2023 4:06 AM

Jun 2010
I've been following the manga, and honestly- most of the conflict has been resolved. I think it'll be wonderful to get a season 2 to wrap everything up. The character development seems complete as well.

ZedlinFeb 1, 2023 6:36 PM
Jan 31, 2023 10:10 AM

Dec 2020
i couldve sworn this ended like 2 years ago 😭😭
Jan 31, 2023 10:23 AM

Feb 2021
CQLLIST said:
gonna have to wait for the next season of given anime

Yes, me too. I like the manga so much!
lazyinternsan said:
I've been following the manga, and honestly- most of the conflict has been resolved. I think it'll be wonderful to get a season 2 to wrap everything up. The character development seems complete as well.

I hope for the season 2 too.
subahokke said:
i couldve sworn this ended like 2 years ago 😭😭

Mangaka wrote new chapters very slowly, that was the point, I understand you.
jimy_12 said:
yeah i will not watch these works and don't take things too seriously.

I hope it gets a second season if it makes people happy then why not i';m completely fine.

I wish you the same, thanks!

ZedlinFeb 1, 2023 6:41 PM
Jan 31, 2023 7:02 PM

Aug 2019
I've never been able to get into this series, but now that it's ending I might as well read it all at some point.
Feb 1, 2023 8:28 AM

Feb 2021
bucciest said:
I've never been able to get into this series, but now that it's ending I might as well read it all at some point.
Yes, read it. It is very cozy and light-hearted series.
Feb 1, 2023 10:44 AM

Aug 2019
Memores said:
bucciest said:

I've read part of the manga and seen the anime, but for some reason, it's never really hooked me (although I thought the movie was good). Mafuyu's relationship with his ex-boyfriend and the tragedy that came with that was the most compelling part to me, but outside of that, I didn't find myself as engaged with the series. Maybe now that it'll be completed my perspective could change with the entire story. I'm doubtful, but I'm open to being wrong.
Feb 1, 2023 12:23 PM

Feb 2021
bucciest said:
Memores said:

I've read part of the manga and seen the anime, but for some reason, it's never really hooked me (although I thought the movie was good). Mafuyu's relationship with his ex-boyfriend and the tragedy that came with that was the most compelling part to me, but outside of that, I didn't find myself as engaged with the series. Maybe now that it'll be completed my perspective could change with the entire story. I'm doubtful, but I'm open to being wrong.
Mafuyu's story was pretty sad, I agree. But thank God that he could overstep all these things and fell in love with Ritsuka.
Feb 5, 2023 9:59 PM
Apr 2019
Feels bittersweet seeing this manga end. Bitter because I wasn't a huge fan of the AkiHaru arc, didn't care for the two friends and their story, and sometimes I thought the story dragged on. Even so, the sweet moments sprinkled here and there were nice to read. It was a good manga, not the best but still one I would recommend. 

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.