Jul 2019
Finally a sequel, happiness!!!
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Sep 24, 2022 12:11 PM

Apr 2020
Holy FFFF this just made my evening
Sep 24, 2022 12:55 PM
Jan 2017
This show was fun back in its heyday, but it's been almost 3 years since this franchise had an animated adaptation, whether as a movie or a TV show. Hopefully, there will be enough excitement to ensure the continued existence of this franchise.
Sep 24, 2022 1:47 PM

Dec 2015
yes! seriously yes! i definitely will check this one out when it happens! :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 24, 2022 3:44 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I would be more surprised if this didn't get sequel due to how popular it was :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 24, 2022 6:09 PM

Mar 2014
Omg I can't believe it, yes yes yes this is exactly what I want. Let's fcking gooooooo
Sep 24, 2022 6:33 PM

Sep 2018
I am so excited for more of this!
Sep 24, 2022 8:29 PM
Jan 2016
Looking forward to this I greatly enjoyed the movie
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Sep 24, 2022 9:47 PM

Jul 2017
Late on the news because of the Hurricane causing power cuts but nice to see this get a sequel. I'm not the biggest fan of the writing in this series but I do love Mai and Sakuta's interactions for the most part so for that alone, there's something to look forward to. Just finished volume 8 a few weeks back when it released in English, and I can see some potential in the series trying to have its characters grow.
Sep 25, 2022 7:56 AM
Jan 2017
This show was a lot of fun back when I watched it. Hopefully, this sequel will be just as fun.
Sep 25, 2022 9:01 AM
Oct 2020
After 4 years to aired in 1st season, it's time to get 2nd season
Sep 27, 2022 8:19 PM
Mar 2018
I don't know man I liked how the 1st season ended, I'm afraid that a sequel might ruin it.
Sep 28, 2022 2:43 PM

Apr 2021
MadanielFL said:
Well time to read the light novels now, I've been planning to for a very long time.

The LN is pretty good. You find all that's good about the anime with more depth and inner thoughts. Less a "Light" than a "Novel" to me.
Sep 28, 2022 2:53 PM

Apr 2021
El-Melloi said:
I wonder what part of Monogatari is going to get plagiarized this time. I recently rewatched what had already been adapted and it was as average as I remembered so I have zero expectations for this sequel.

Well, having watched both shows (at least Bakemonogatari but that was enough), I can only say that if Seishun Buta Yarou is plagiarizing Monogatari (which I doubt as the overlap between the two shows is very thin), the former largely surpassed the later in my eyes.
Sep 29, 2022 4:01 AM

May 2015
@rvdboom I would recommend skimming through this page: https://myanimelist.net/recommendations/anime/5081-37450
Sep 29, 2022 4:39 AM

Apr 2021

And? All the similarities described are general at best and you can find the same in many other shows.
In the details (where Hell is) : the tone is different, the emotional connection to the characters is different, the way the events are relatable to real-life situation is different, the dialogs have a completely different feeling, the use of fantastic events is completely different (it's actually pretty anecdotal in Aobuta), the graphics are different, the voice acting is completely different, the direction is different, the music feeling is completely different and the general ambiance is different.
I don't even understand why people would recommend Monogatari to Aobuta lovers: personally, I loved the second but was bored to tears by the first. They are altogether completely different types of shows and liking one does not in my opinion at all guarantee that you'll like the other.
Sep 30, 2022 3:22 PM
Oct 2019
Seeing Mai and Sakuta once again is just enough for me to watch it.

First season and the movie packed up and finalized everything quite masterfully in my opinion but I also wonder what the writer has to offer.
Oct 2, 2022 1:44 AM

Mar 2014
only 2 volumes so its another movie.
cant wait to watch it.
Oct 9, 2022 9:32 PM

Mar 2015
i cannot wait for more bunny girl
Feb 19, 2023 7:19 AM
Aug 2021
That.... is literally a view from someone who REALLY didn't focus on the anime. From a basic view, yeah, it's very similar-looking. It has a boy trying to save other girls in trouble and having a relationship at the same time. But that's only the tip of the iceberg. The entire tone, emotional connections, direction of events, general dialogs, emotional setup, musical tone, and the execution of all of this is massively different than Monogatari. Not to get into detailed parts such as voice acting, animation technique, general emotional backbone, plot devices, etc. which also make the entire thing differ from it. Monogatari may be an inspiration for Aobuta, but it is NOT a copy.
Mar 26, 2023 2:32 AM

Dec 2015
Ronninn said:
We need new Monogatari not new Monogatari lite
interesting idea. problem is... you need to tell Nisio Isin this not us. go to Japan and MAKE him write more novels. because guess what... last i heard EVERY MonoG book he's written... has an anime. also, if you think Rascal is ANYTHING like MonoG... you. are. nuts. or blind. or both. 
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Mar 26, 2023 2:50 AM
Aug 2020
Noiiicceeee finally some good quality Shit
Mar 26, 2023 3:20 AM

Dec 2015
well, if it is going to be like movie 1 and only do two books... that will leave books 10 and 11 remaining... correct? so, is the 'series' done in book 11 or do you folks reading them think there will be a 12th book or more? ah well, i'm grumpy that this new Rascal project will probably be another movie... and it will take months upon months for me to find it online... but i'm happy it is on the horizon. :D when i do find this new installment, it will give me an excuse to binge the whole shebang for the fourth or fifth time. :D 

as to you knuckleheads saying Rascal is plagiarizing MonoG... wowzers... folks really will say anything on the internet no matter how inane, inaccurate, and insane their ideas are. 

i only own three franchises of anime on disk that have been sold in North America with ZERO English dub (at that time!). MonoG, SNAFU S1&2, and Irregular at Magic HS S1 and the 1st movie. i own all of MonoG on disk. all. of. it. i still have to buy the finale of SNAFU even though i re-purchased the disks when Sentai Filmworks put out a new S1&2 boxed set with their dub work. as to Irregular, i haven't been able to afford to buy the new version of S1 or S2 or the movie. i want them all, but my budget just can't handle it. as to Rascal... i do believe i got the disks for S1 somewhere... but i can't remember exactly if i did or did not buy that one.   

so, i've watched MonoG in chronological storyline sequence from Movie 1 all the way through the ending on-disk 3 times. i've also watched MonoG multiple times in disk-release sequence, so many times that i can't even imagine how many that has been. i've watched Rascal's TV season at least three times, first in Japanese with subs then the English dub twice. i binged the TV series right before the first time i watched Dreaming Girl's movie online in subs... then i IMMEDIATELY rewatched the movie AGAIN that same day... with a few hours break for other shows and whatnot i was doing that day. 

in conclusion, from my personal experience, Rascal plagiarizing MongoG? nope. the similarities are shallow at best. here's an example for you knuckleheads. Eminence in Shadow has the same similarities as Rascal and MonoG. male lead. various supporting female cast members. male lead saves the females from 'something supernatural'. male lead has a female sibling (or more than one). that's it, that is the extent of 'plagiarism' you folks are claiming? wowzers! guess what, i just realized! Irregular at Magic HS has those similarities too! 'gasp! the horror!' rampant plagiarisms are everywhere!? 

nope. they aren't. 
Mar 26, 2023 3:58 AM
Sep 2017
KiliianSleipnir said:
last i heard EVERY MonoG book he's written... has an anime

Off Season is four volumes and was completed in January 2017. Monster Season is six volumes and was completed in August 2021.

KiliianSleipnir said:
that will leave books 10 and 11 remaining... correct?

No. The Japanese version of volume twelve came out in December 2022 and the Japanese version of volume thirteen is scheduled for July 2023.
Mar 26, 2023 1:12 PM

Dec 2015
Hurwitz said:
KiliianSleipnir said:
last i heard EVERY MonoG book he's written... has an anime

Off Season is four volumes and was completed in January 2017. Monster Season is six volumes and was completed in August 2021.

KiliianSleipnir said:
that will leave books 10 and 11 remaining... correct?

No. The Japanese version of volume twelve came out in December 2022 and the Japanese version of volume thirteen is scheduled for July 2023.
my thanks for that input! :D i appreciate the information. :D as an anime only otaku i only 'generally' keep a vague awareness about me when it comes to source materials. 

so, as i read the MAL synopsis and a snapshot of the first part of two reviews of the 'series' you mentioned in MonoG... the only one likely to get animated would be MonsterSeason since Koyomi is once again spotlit as 'the detective'. to me MS would be near-ish the chronological events of Suruga' encounter with her former middle-school basketball rival. since Koyomi made a short guest-star appearance there. it would be interesting to see the dynamic between Hitagi and Shinobu since they are technically 'cohabitating' with Koyomi at college now. at least that was what i assumed the three were planning on doing since KoyoTagiBu was formed in the first place. as to OffSeason... yeah, that one sounds like NisioIsin scratching a creative itch and his publishers just shrugging and saying, 'well, maybe it will sell?' and letting him do it. side story shows... i generally watch them with a grain of salt, Sword Oratoria from DanMachi was good but i see that one as a big exception. 

as to the Rascal information, that makes me even more curious as to why DreamingGirl etc. is being animated the way they are. as 12-ish TV episodes with 21 minutes of 'main episode' content each would be 252 minutes of screen-time vs a 90 or so minute movie trying to cover 2 volumes of LN content. 
KiliianSleipnirMar 26, 2023 1:41 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
22 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.