Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 13, 2020 4:41 AM

Apr 2013

PV for the first book of the NEXT BOX sequel. First book will be a recap of the whole series so that peoples that didn't read the 29 volumes of the first one can still start with the second without having to go through those 25,000+ pages.

I like how they asked Toori's seiyuu to do it, and used various anime ost tracks to complete that. And how he says how heavy the first series is as a whole (13 kg) as a reason to read the recap instead, lmao.
ZefyrisJun 9, 2022 2:30 PM
Jul 16, 2020 7:17 PM
Jul 2019
I have a question, do you know the continuation of the anime to the novel, what volume?
Sorry for my bad English
Jul 16, 2020 7:32 PM

May 2018
I miss Kimi Aoi oppai. Sequel when?
Jul 17, 2020 12:42 AM

Apr 2013
Kirai_Z said:
I have a question, do you know the continuation of the anime to the novel, what volume?
Sorry for my bad English

Second anime season ends at the end of volume 2-B, so next volume is 3-A.
Jun 8, 2022 8:33 PM
Mar 2021
Zefyris said:

PV for the first book of the NEX BOX sequel. First book will be a recap of the whole series so that peoples that didn't read the 29 volumes of the first one can still start with the second without having to go through those 25,000+ pages.

I like how they asked Toori's seiyuu to do it, and used various anime ost tracks to complete that. And how he says how heavy the first series is as a whole (13 kg) as a reason to read the recap instead, lmao.
hmmm so what does this mean then? im tired XD and hope u have a good one
Jun 9, 2022 1:27 AM

Apr 2013
Radtoter said:
Zefyris said:

PV for the first book of the NEX BOX sequel. First book will be a recap of the whole series so that peoples that didn't read the 29 volumes of the first one can still start with the second without having to go through those 25,000+ pages.

Well, the most important part is what I already wrote below the video. The rest is him making joke, thanking peoples who went through the first 29, and in character behaviour from Toori's seiyuu.
Jun 9, 2022 7:44 AM
Mar 2021
Zefyris said:
Radtoter said:

Well, the most important part is what I already wrote below the video. The rest is him making joke, thanking peoples who went through the first 29, and in character behaviour from Toori's seiyuu.
ah ok i thought we were getting a sequel this soon XD have a good one
Jun 9, 2022 9:49 AM

Apr 2013
Radtoter said:
Zefyris said:

Well, the NOVELS have a sequel. This is what this post is about. On top of the first volume that was a recap of the first series, there are now 3 more volumes for the sequel itself, as well as a first short story volume for that sequel as well.
Jun 9, 2022 12:55 PM
Mar 2021
Zefyris said:
Radtoter said:

Well, the NOVELS have a sequel. This is what this post is about. On top of the first volume that was a recap of the first series, there are now 3 more volumes for the sequel itself, as well as a first short story volume for that sequel as well.
oh so this is a sequel sorry im big dum i saw it wasnt added to the authors list of published/publishing manga/Ln's so i assumed it wasnt why is it called Nex Box tho? u have any idea is it really simple and im just dumb?
Jun 9, 2022 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
Radtoter said:
Zefyris said:

oh so this is a sequel sorry im big dum i saw it wasnt added to the authors list of published/publishing manga/Ln's so i assumed it wasnt why is it called Nex Box tho? u have any idea is it really simple and im just dumb?

Name's "next box" rather than "nex box" (the lack of t in the opening post being a spelling mistake on my part); but outside of the fact that "next" kind of sounds logical for a sequel, I have no idea for "box". I haven't started reading the sequel, despite having owning them for a while; I just have too many novels to read x)
But this author is very well known for intricate play on words. So it wouldn't be surprising that to understand the reason, you need to do something in several steps like translating the name in Japanese, then swap the writing to another writing that has a completely different meaning, and then it makes sense in the story or something. I don't know though. Some of this author's naming choices are super obscure x).
Jun 9, 2022 4:27 PM
Mar 2021
Zefyris said:
Radtoter said:

Name's "next box" rather than "nex box" (the lack of t in the opening post being a spelling mistake on my part); but outside of the fact that "next" kind of sounds logical for a sequel, I have no idea for "box". I haven't started reading the sequel, despite having owning them for a while; I just have too many novels to read x)
But this author is very well known for intricate play on words. So it wouldn't be surprising that to understand the reason, you need to do something in several steps like translating the name in Japanese, then swap the writing to another writing that has a completely different meaning, and then it makes sense in the story or something. I don't know though. Some of this author's naming choices are super obscure x).
i was gonna say if it started with like H for Horizon then contnued with the letters i could see it but NEXT BOX??? and thanks so it is a sequel i quite like this series tho i dont have any idea how popular it is in the east or west i dont suppose u do and would be willing to tell me? is it like Log Horizon im assuming thats popular at least over there since everything that is Hentai.Manga.Ln's,Wn's and anime and such are all massive over there in the East in general. I will go inform the staff to add it thanks again btw ill wait your reply and yes so many Light novels and Mangas to read a lot of them getting sequels and/or side story's and such.
Jun 10, 2022 4:49 AM

Apr 2013
Radtoter said:
Zefyris said:

i was gonna say if it started with like H for Horizon then contnued with the letters i could see it but NEXT BOX??? and thanks so it is a sequel i quite like this series tho i dont have any idea how popular it is in the east or west i dont suppose u do and would be willing to tell me? is it like Log Horizon im assuming thats popular at least over there since everything that is Hentai.Manga.Ln's,Wn's and anime and such are all massive over there in the East in general. I will go inform the staff to add it thanks again btw ill wait your reply and yes so many Light novels and Mangas to read a lot of them getting sequels and/or side story's and such.

just to precise, the sequel's full name is "kyoukaisenjou no horizon Next box", not just "Next box", if that was confusing.

Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon was selling around 20k per volume in Japan and the BR volumes sold very well for an anime(around 10K per Blue Ray IIRC).
That's in Japan though. Outside of Japan, it's not especially popular, no. It's a bit infamous for the size of its novel volume that look more like bricks or cube than actual books due to how thick they can be. But that's it. It doesn't have an official translation either.
Jun 10, 2022 9:52 AM
Mar 2021
Zefyris said:
Radtoter said:

just to precise, the sequel's full name is "kyoukaisenjou no horizon Next box", not just "Next box", if that was confusing.

Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon was selling around 20k per volume in Japan and the BR volumes sold very well for an anime(around 10K per Blue Ray IIRC).
That's in Japan though. Outside of Japan, it's not especially popular, no. It's a bit infamous for the size of its novel volume that look more like bricks or cube than actual books due to how thick they can be. But that's it. It doesn't have an official translation either.
yea so about 600k volumes sold and yeah it would help if it was translated it would be much much higher im guessing and im sure there has been more since then but im not to worried to go look it up. Btw whats the blonde from? she looks familiar And i see u like Yue from Negima! its to bad we wont see them again most likely since the author has entered into Politics and such currently i believe .
Jun 10, 2022 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Radtoter said:
Zefyris said:

yea so about 600k volumes sold and yeah it would help if it was translated it would be much much higher im guessing and im sure there has been more since then but im not to worried to go look it up. Btw whats the blonde from? she looks familiar And i see u like Yue from Negima! its to bad we wont see them again most likely since the author has entered into Politics and such currently i believe .

it's probabl yquite a bit higher than 600k since early volumes usually have way more sales in a long series.

She's from kyoukaisenjou no horizon, may be why she's familiar lol x).

Akamatsu-sensei has been politically active since more than a decade afaik. The reason he so quickly ended Negima back then was to avoid Koudansha to own the Negima franchise Negima as its publisher, rather than him owning it as its author, as a new law was entering in effect in Japan around that time, so he needed to end the publication before it took effect.
Something like that, it's been 10 years since then so I'm not 100% sure to remember it right.
Jun 10, 2022 10:59 AM
Mar 2021
Zefyris said:
Radtoter said:

it's probabl yquite a bit higher than 600k since early volumes usually have way more sales in a long series.

She's from kyoukaisenjou no horizon, may be why she's familiar lol x).

Akamatsu-sensei has been politically active since more than a decade afaik. The reason he so quickly ended Negima back then was to avoid Koudansha to own the Negima franchise Negima as its publisher, rather than him owning it as its author, as a new law was entering in effect in Japan around that time, so he needed to end the publication before it took effect.
Something like that, it's been 10 years since then so I'm not 100% sure to remember it right.
ah yea well what i meant is hes running for a position tho currently i Guess people did not like UQ Holder ending since i guess even Negima! ending was better and that it turns out its not in the same timeline we thought it was but rather in a new timeline since we were previously thought/told it was in the timeline in Negima where Asuna doesnt wake up but turns out its not and then u have of course the original timeline where he marries Chisame and all them u know how it is and he is older since everything went right in the original timeline. Personally i just take it as he married Chisame then he can marry the rest since Yue and Nodoka were talking with the others about the harem basically and we didnt even know who he married first until Uq Holder its so goddamn confusing :|
Any anime u excited for next season in particular? All the harem anime as its my favorite (if u look at my profile i say why) is what im excited for since the genre seems to be making a comeback it seems.

More topics from this board

» Any official English Source?

Psi18c - Jan 16, 2022

4 by Psi18c »»
Jan 16, 2022 10:15 AM

» do i need to read Owari no Chronicle to understand this ?

Hidder - Nov 20, 2016

3 by Playcool »»
Dec 8, 2018 12:51 PM

Poll: » Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon Volume 1B Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2014

1 by Zefyris »»
Feb 20, 2014 11:43 AM

» Kyoukaisen LN Discussion

FlavoryFantasy - Oct 12, 2012

0 by FlavoryFantasy »»
Oct 12, 2012 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.