Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 24, 2022 8:13 PM

Jul 2016
First of all, I wanted to clarify I'm one of the ones that think that this show is a hidden gem in this season already full of big names.
Reading the different threads on this anime's board and I don't get why everyone seems to mention Mitsuki so much. He's literally a side character that appeared for the first 6 minutes of the first episode.
It was just a plot device to introduce us to our MC and her motivations. Why is everyone using this guy to justify the anime being either good or bad?
I can understand some people not liking the "yuri tag", which by the way this show has nothing to do with, but that's for another discussion. But why literally mention an NPC as a point for it being "bad"?

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
-DxP-Jun 17, 2022 7:31 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 2022 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
Nobody knows why.
Apr 24, 2022 10:05 PM
Feb 2021
The decriers went with the angle that the show misled them into thinking Mitsuki would be the MC, with his would-be OP wish-fulfillment trope. Yeah, that went down the drain quickly.
As for the praisers (me so I'm biased) killing him shows subversion of trope and a semblance of creativity which I appreciate.

That isn't this show's hook tho, it's more about the indoctrinated MC and how she navigates her faction's self-justified murders and her growing closeness with Akari, and in my opinion this should be the more discussed topic 😥.
Apr 24, 2022 10:12 PM
Jan 2021
This show resembles talentless Nana, and I really liked the latter one. So i am definitely gonna watch this show.
Apr 25, 2022 3:41 AM
Jun 2020
From what I gather some were genuinely either sad or flat out offended over his death

On reddit I have seen people want him to return as a villain or cope that he nullified death but also some flat out said they either dropped the show cuz of the bait and switch or just say "I don't like femcs"

Idk if people projected themselves to that kid so much in like 10 mins that his death meant something personal or smth.

But beyond that there was the whole "if she is gonna kill him why spend that much time argument" as well

Although from his death another argument was born that being the killing lost one's morally wrong.

My take on the whole killing lost ones thing is very one sided when I consider how dangerous each one of them can become

Let's take ep 1 kid for example, power to null.

I think everyone can understand how powerful but also vague this power is

Now let's imagine 2 possibilities

In 1 he becomes one of those human errors and nullifies an entire continent or maybe his power evolves enough to null concepts and mf pulls and elden ring nulls death from himself. Now tf you do against him?

In the other one after his somewhat sus wording in what he would do with his power he could have become a megalomaniac
And did the same shit as an error but for selfish gains rather than full on destruction. Now tf do you do?

And yes we are condemning innocent people before they commit a crime but when that crime is on continental level I feel like 99% of our world wouldn't hesitate on killing them.

Which I belive are all the reason for continued mentioning of him ranging from projection to self inserting to morality arguments, I didn't mention the group that thinks the act could have been handled better since people like that should move onto the other episodes.
Apr 25, 2022 5:00 AM
Aug 2021
I think the parallels to Re:Zero are so on the nose, but instead of everyone being kept secret of an existing timeloop, everyone but the character that performs them knows about it. The entrance in the first episode made me think of Subaru right away and what whould have happened of he's gotten magic spell like NULL
Apr 25, 2022 6:14 AM

Jan 2018
probably they are not happy because they can no longer self insert themselves to a loser virgin mc. And probably because this self insert of theirs is killed off as a worthless piece of shit like he was
sezbian lex
Apr 25, 2022 7:22 AM
Aug 2018
Google translated from JP wikipedia
"Regarding the fact that all the main characters in this work are women, Sato is expected to develop a love affair if a man appears in a story about a woman as the main character, but the emotions that flow between women rather than the love between the opposite sex. It is said that it is because I thought that it would be more suitable for this work to pursue friendship and friendship"

Guess the yuri is just a byproduct huh. Well, I don't mind at all.
Apr 25, 2022 1:23 PM

Jan 2021
Well from what I have seen, they didn't like that Menou killed him for some reasons

- "He was innocent" which while it is true, even Menou feels bad for his death, but it was kinda the mission she was assigned to do and to define her character to the audience.
- "Shows with female MCs are boring" which is plain dumb if you ask me.
- "Yuri is boring" which is subjective if you ask me.
- Another reason could be that they can't self-insert or something along those lines, since most people who watch anime are male afaik. Althought, I don't see how you can't self-insert in a girl even you are a guy, maybe because Menou isn't a blank character (?)

Overall, they give them a lot of importance because he was the first one we saw and the one who the story focused at the beggining (althought, it focused more on Menou anyways).
Apr 25, 2022 3:22 PM
Jun 2015
I honestly think it's largely down to him being a generic revenge fantasy Isekai protag who is unceremoniously killed by a female lead.

I don't actively hate him but nothing about him was particularly interesting during his screentime. Strictly replacement-level isekai protag.
Apr 25, 2022 10:03 PM
Dec 2020
I just don't like the guys, I love this anime so much, I wanna read the Novel Light until volumes 7
Apr 25, 2022 11:00 PM

Feb 2019
the series sacrificed narrative to eliminate narrative, I am not a defender of these characters, but at least they serve so that the viewer have in a link with the self-insert and from there they can feel that they connect at the same time with the rest of the characters and that the mc can have a development. this does not make the show good, but at least it makes the public like it more otherwise the show should prove to be really competent. but this isn't good enough or smart enough to make an interesting story on its own to afford to have a whole cast of boring characters who are whatever
Apr 26, 2022 1:07 AM
Feb 2022
Well, you know a show is freaking fantastic when it triggered your average harem isekai fanbase...
Apr 26, 2022 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
It's weird seeing a lot of people wanting the same old shitty isekai tropes over and over again instead of something new and different like this show.
I sure as hell wouldn't be watching this if this pretty unique concept was just the same old harem isekai that has an overpowered protagonist with an extremely bland design, i fell in love with this show the moment Mitsuki was killed all of a sudden, up until that point i thought I'd be dropping the show after the first episode. I usually shit on most isekai but this one is special.
Apr 26, 2022 1:35 PM
Mar 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
Well from what I have seen, they didn't like that Menou killed him for some reasons

- "He was innocent" which while it is true, even Menou feels bad for his death, but it was kinda the mission she was assigned to do and to define her character to the audience.
- "Shows with female MCs are boring" which is plain dumb if you ask me.
- "Yuri is boring" which is subjective if you ask me.
- Another reason could be that they can't self-insert or something along those lines, since most people who watch anime are male afaik. Althought, I don't see how you can't self-insert in a girl even you are a guy, maybe because Menou isn't a blank character (?)

Overall, they give them a lot of importance because he was the first one we saw and the one who the story focused at the beggining (althought, it focused more on Menou anyways).

yeah, I feel like this show billed itself from the get-go as built different, and anyone coming into this for a typical isekai was downright insane, or I guess went in completely blind. But still, I don't think anything involving this site has made me as furious as the incels (and let's be real, that's what they are) downvoting this show to oblivion. Everywhere else it has pretty good ratings, and a lot of people who know what they're talking about say this is one of the better shows of the season. The score is artificially low because of people that are weirdly butthurt and can't accept a show that is critical of the shitty genre they like. That's it. That's the reason. and it's completely pathetic - and I want to say to anyone involved in this downvoting that you suck as a person and need to reevaluate your life choices.

I don't even think this show is perfect or more than just pretty decent, but the way it's being treated is perverse and disgusting to me.
Apr 27, 2022 11:01 AM
Jun 2015
Aside from the genders, Menou is straight-up a WH40k Inquisitor and that's a pretty damn popular setting and concept. The Lost ones are equivalent to unsanctioned Alpha Plus grade psykers; they pose a threat of uncontrolled continental destruction.

That said, there are quite a few people who don't like grimdark and find the Imperium too dark to be a sympathetic protagonist faction and don't like main characters who go around killing innocent people for future crimes. So I don't think everyone who dislikes the show dislikes it because of the gender issue/yuri. But I do think it'd be up like a point if Menou were a guy.

But I do think Mitsuki was just very bland and not particularly interesting. Which is okay because he's not supposed to be; his entire purpose in the story is the one shocking reversal where Menou stabs him plus a tiny demonstration of Pure Concepts. He wasn't terrible and if Menou were actually an airheaded underfunded pushy priestess and they went on adventures together that could be a quality story but he's not a one-scene wonder or anything.
James_MarshApr 27, 2022 11:05 AM
Apr 27, 2022 3:41 PM
Sep 2015
Paradogred said:
"Regarding the fact that all the main characters in this work are women, Sato is expected to develop a love affair if a man appears in a story about a woman as the main character, but the emotions that flow between women rather than the love between the opposite sex. It is said that it is because I thought that it would be more suitable for this work to pursue friendship and friendship"

This makes the male character death worse. Is this person implying that they wouldn't be lesbian if there was a good man close to them?
Apr 28, 2022 8:48 AM

May 2013
Ionliosite2 said:

Because they think it is gay to self-insert to a girl but honestly wouldn't self-inserting to guy be guy? Who would want to be inside of guy?!
Apr 28, 2022 1:58 PM

Dec 2018
Paradogred said:

Wait a minute, are you telling me that the girl falls in love with the boy if he hadn't died? not really a lesbian?
Apr 28, 2022 2:57 PM

Jan 2021
Fede_5000 said:
Paradogred said:

Wait a minute, are you telling me that the girl falls in love with the boy if he hadn't died? not really a lesbian?

No, the quote says that if he had written a male character him writing heterosexual love would have been something he had done. Not that yuri is a byproduct, actually, the quote he, well, quoted is kinda mistranslated.

Basically, just like a regular story of "boy meets girl" instead of what we have.
Apr 28, 2022 3:00 PM

Jan 2021
jhonathanplr said:
Paradogred said:

This makes the male character death worse. Is this person implying that they wouldn't be lesbian if there was a good man close to them?

How does that even make his death worse? lmao, he is basically a no character.

This person is implying that he would have written a "boy meets girl" story where the male and female MC fall in love with each other, because as the author said "when you put a male character in a story with a female protagonist, you can't help but expect a romantic development", just like most stories ever done.
Ionliosite2Apr 28, 2022 3:08 PM
Apr 28, 2022 3:35 PM

Dec 2018
@Ionliosite2 that seems like a bad take, it is not impossible to write a story where the female character does not fall in love with the only boy. I would have preferred him to just say that they don't like those characters.
Apr 28, 2022 3:44 PM

Jan 2021
Fede_5000 said:
@Ionliosite2 that seems like a bad take, it is not impossible to write a story where the female character does not fall in love with the only boy. I would have preferred him to just say that they don't like those characters.

Em, which is the bad take? And who mentioned a single boy?

Anyways, the author doesn't dislike men or whatever you're saying with "don't like those characters", just that he prefered to focus on the relationship that girls can have rather than going forrelationships between people of opposite genders, that's all.
Apr 28, 2022 4:39 PM

Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:

Em, which is the bad take? And who mentioned a single boy?

Anyways, the author doesn't dislike men or whatever you're saying with "don't like those characters", just that he prefered to focus on the relationship that girls can have rather than going forrelationships between people of opposite genders, that's all.

I just hope that not trying to force a romance out of a close bond, because it would be the same than to change any bland male protagonist for a girl without any difference
May 2, 2022 8:25 AM
May 2022

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraMay 15, 2022 10:01 AM
May 2, 2022 5:14 PM

Feb 2017
@Skyhigh

My point is that it takes more than just being not generic for a show to truly be special. There are so many shows out there that are not generic by any means and yet they're still trash. I'm not saying this show is trash but they should've definitely given actual reasons for why they think the show is special other than just because it's "not generic"

yea? and

I think you're kind of missing my point tho

Ive never implied executioner would feel "special" for everyone,

as I stated above that for people like @Nekomoe1452 who too used of watching isekai harem anime,
executioner would definitely leave a damn good first impression for em, its not that mind=blown iF they think its special

lol why would you act quite strict about it?
I, myself have known and watched isekai harem anime since Zero no Tsukaima days lol

@Rosary_Diva

because its elements are unusual and not recurrent, to start with it is a yuri which is a genre that has very few adapt to animes having an average of 1 yuri released every 1 or 2 years.
It is a light novel with a female protagonist because light novels predominate the male protagonists in 90% of the time.
it is an isekai where it shows a world where they already had visitors in the past and its negative consequences focusing on the lives of the inhabitants and not on how the summoned one has adventures and invades with his culture here

fax

also,
seeing how executioner getting an anime adaptation,

Im starting to believe another Dark Psychological Yuri light novel like OmaeGotoki would also get an anime adaptation

OmaeGotoki is FIRE!! Im blown away by... the [NSFW] scene
the antagonist in OmaeGotoki world is too scary

that said tho,
my favorite part is ofc when Flum and Milkit were doing the iykwim scene lol
wife x wife is the BEST

its so damn sweet~ the point I had to inject a gallon of insulin into my system
Lab_Rat_0978May 2, 2022 5:21 PM
May 4, 2022 10:24 PM

Mar 2019
I thinks that many people are so used to the same archetype of bland protagonist and generic design that they cannot conceive of a series killing him as if he were a cannon fodder, surely already consider it an inseparable element of any story, in each season we have like 20 of these characters
G0ldStarkMay 4, 2022 10:30 PM
May 25, 2022 6:32 PM

Jul 2016
G0ldStark said:
I thinks that many people are so used to the same archetype of bland protagonist and generic design that they cannot conceive of a series killing him as if he were a cannon fodder, surely already consider it an inseparable element of any story, in each season we have like 20 of these characters

lol dude he isn't even the protagonist. Menou killed some random shit filler character. The problem is people calling him a protagonist when he clearly is not.
May 25, 2022 7:59 PM

Jan 2021
cornflak3 said:
G0ldStark said:

lol dude he isn't even the protagonist. Menou killed some random shit filler character. The problem is people calling him a protagonist when he clearly is not.

I think that was the thing he was trying to say, that everyone is used to the type of character that was Mitsuki being the protagonist, that's why people call him "protagonist" despite him being cannon fodder in this series.
May 26, 2022 9:30 PM
Oct 2019
I think it is wild that this show is rated so low. Not the best this season but better than the new isekai. It is a unique world and premise. Sort of like talentless nana which was also underrated. Is there any other reason people dont like these shows?
May 26, 2022 10:51 PM

Feb 2017
ceasertiberius said:
I think it is wild that this show is rated so low. Not the best this season but better than the new isekai. It is a unique world and premise. Sort of like talentless nana which was also underrated. Is there any other reason people dont like these shows?

nana has male MC,
executioner doesnt have it

executioner even deliberately deletes a potential male MC in the very first episode

thus many people from hareem isekai fanbase get TRIGGERED and Angery by the plot twist
May 27, 2022 8:57 AM

Jan 2021
ceasertiberius said:

Well, going for the most upvoted low review, apparently because "it tries to be different but not in a good way", "the MC is easily unlikable" and "most of the first episode could have been cut without problems becuase it was unnecesary". Others common complain in the review section are that the characters in general are unlikable.

Every single one of those complains are easily debatable imo, aside from that most complains seem to be "the MC is a girl" or "it's yuri".
May 28, 2022 5:11 AM

Dec 2018
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
ceasertiberius said:

nana has male MC,

executioner even deliberately deletes a potential male MC in the very first episode

thus many people from hareem isekai fanbase get TRIGGERED and Angery by the plot twist

so aren't there a lot of animes with only female characters? Shouldn't they be hated too? for example madoka
May 28, 2022 5:58 AM

Feb 2017
Fede_5000 said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

nana has male MC,

so aren't there a lot of animes with only female characters? Shouldn't they be hated too? for example madoka

madoka and executioner arent comparable, at all

why would the people from harem isekai get Triggered by madoka?

madoka never killed their dearest generic male MC

killing off a potential generic male MC in the first 10 minutes of episode 1 is the sole reason executioner is so hated

literally no other anime ever does this move

I dare you to mention one, just one anime that pulls the same trick as executioner
May 28, 2022 6:16 AM

Feb 2017
@Fede_5000

I bet you would ask

"then why would executioner deliberately kill off "a potential" male MC from the first place?
just to make the harem isekai fans angery?"

welp actually, the title is pretty explanatory, its a story about the executioner, its anime where men and women get killed

for instance; there's also an isekai GIRL who also got killed in the FIRST episode,
like 3 minutes tops after our dearest potential male MC went to valhalla

however
literally no body mentions her, at all lmao
literally no one cares about the killers either

people are so busy accusing menou as "evil" for killing...only the boy, our dearest potential male MC. all the hatred is only focused on menou

the BIAS towards menou is so blindingly obvious even for blind people to see
Lab_Rat_0978May 28, 2022 6:34 AM
May 28, 2022 7:08 AM
Nov 2020
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
Fede_5000 said:

killing off a potential generic male MC in the first 10 minutes of episode 1 is the sole reason executioner is so hated

I dare you to mention one, just one anime that pulls the same trick as executioner

Ehem.. Talentless Nana? Which by the way did it way better since it wasn't just a simple bait and switch but it also shifted the entire genre of that series. And yea people hated Nana for that as well.
May 28, 2022 8:01 AM

Feb 2017
Strykeryno said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

Ehem.. Talentless Nana? Which by the way did it way better since it wasn't just a simple bait and switch but it also shifted the entire genre of that series. And yea people hated Nana for that as well.

umm, no?

executioner never tried to bait anyone at all,
the title is pretty self-explanatory

the executioner Girl and Her Nichijou

there's no male MC in the trailers either

executioner simply tried to make A POINT,
women and men die in this show

thats exactly why isekai-ed Boy and Girl get killed in the the same episode, episode 1.
Simple as that

talentless nana,
can you guess only based on the title that it will be a story about assasins, like the MC's job is to kill people? lol

also,
nana does have male MC and no wonder people hate nana for being an assassin, for killing innocents. talentless nana,
the title doesnt tell a thing about the story so nobody saw that coming,
people shook and some of em didnt like it

and lastly
executioner is adventure anime.
I dont know much about nana but its definitely not adventure anime, right?

Lab_Rat_0978May 28, 2022 8:17 AM
May 28, 2022 10:36 AM

Jan 2021
Strykeryno said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

Why would change the genre of the series would make it better? It wasn't that much difference what happened there with what happened here, but even reading the sinopsis here and the title of the series will give you what this show is about unlike Munou na Nana. So yeah, this wasn't bait either.
May 28, 2022 10:37 AM

Dec 2018
@Lab_Rat_0978 I assumed that people just hated the series just because there are female characters and no male characters and i thought it should also apply to other anime where there are only female characters like strike witches, azur lane, harukana receive, keijo are not hated for only having women, but they are not loved here either. I think that Munou na nana should also be hated, but you are right that there is a male character there who tries to busted nana.
May 28, 2022 10:39 AM
Nov 2020
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
Strykeryno said:

umm, no?

thats exactly why isekai-ed Boy and Girl get killed in the the same episode, episode 1.
Simple as that

talentless nana,
can you guess only based on the title that it will be a story about assasins, like the MC's job is to kill people? lol

also,
nana does have male MC and no wonder people hate nana for being an assassin, for killing innocents. talentless nana,

and lastly

Ok now you're kinda reaching with the whole ''obvious from tittle/trailers or gender balance'' i never said anything about that, i just replyied to your:
''killing off a potential generic male MC in the first 10 minutes of episode 1 is the sole reason executioner is so hated''

''literally no other anime ever does this move''

''I dare you to mention one, just one anime that pulls the same trick as executioner''

TN did totally the same thing and there were people hating the show and Nana's character for that, although not that much like with the Shoukei Shoujo.
Why else do you think that many people were meantioning TN when SSnVR started
airing? Yes genre wise they are different. But trust me there are a number of other similarities these 2 shows have, outside of this ''outrage'' because the ''generic MC'' got offed in ep 1.

''nana does have male MC and no wonder people hate nana for being an assassin, for killing innocents.'' Now you kinda hypocritical. People said the same thing about Menou. Neither of these 2 shows really justifies murdering innocents.
StrykerynoMay 28, 2022 11:24 AM
May 28, 2022 11:00 AM
Nov 2020
Ionliosite2 said:
Strykeryno said:

Why would change the genre of the series would make it better? It wasn't that much difference what happened there with what happened here, but even reading the sinopsis here and the title of the series will give you what this show is about unlike Munou na Nana. So yeah, this wasn't bait either.

I just said that the twist was done better there simply because it was unpredictable. In Shoukei Shoujo even without reading the synopsis or watching trailers you should be able to put together what's going on even before the twist happens. But if it was so predictable/obvious as we say then why the ''outrage'' happened in the 1st place? Apparently some people had to came here expecting some generic isekai power fantasy right? Meaning there were people who actually took the bait. I can't see any other explenation for it.
May 28, 2022 11:09 AM

Jan 2021
Strykeryno said:
Ionliosite2 said:

I just said that the twist was done better there simply because it was unpredictable. In Shoukei Shoujo even without reading the synopsis or watching trailers you should be able to put together what's going on even before the twist happens. But if it was so predictable/obvious as we say then why the ''outrage'' happened in the 1st place? Apparently some people had to came here expecting some generic isekai power fantasy right? Meaning there were people who actually took the bait. I can't see any other explenation for it.

It happened because people can't bother to read the synopsis nor know what the title means. I actually asked some people in other palces if they read the synopsis and they say "no". I know my personal experience shouldn't weight that much in this, but some people just watch an anime because they can and without reading the synopsis nor trying to think too much into it.

Besides,from what I saw (across the social media I use), people were complaining more that the MC was a girl and that the series is yuri than this wasn't a generic isekai. But again, some people see isekai and think it will be the same as always exactly for what I said above.
May 28, 2022 11:20 AM
Nov 2020
Ionliosite2 said:
Strykeryno said:

It happened because people can't bother to read the synopsis nor know what the title means. I actually asked some people in other palces if they read the synopsis and they say "no". I know my personal experience shouldn't weight that much in this, but some people just watch an anime because they can and without reading the synopsis nor trying to think too much into it.

Besides,from what I saw (across the social media I use), people were complaining more that the MC was a girl and that the series is yuri than this wasn't a generic isekai. But again, some people see isekai and think it will be the same as always exactly for what I said above.

I don't believe that the whole hate is because majority of the cast are female that's way too ridiculous to be true. Dunno about yuri. But i can totally see someone being bothered by Akari or Momo. But yea the hate is overblown for ridiculous reasons
May 28, 2022 12:50 PM

Feb 2019
too much credit they give a show just from killing that poor nobody in Ep1 when have the same old isekai tropes regurgitated here, but with “subverting your expectations”, corrupt churches and exchanging one power fantasy (male wish fulfillment) for another stuff (yuribait lol) they already thinks that their mediocre show is remarkable
May 28, 2022 1:24 PM
Mar 2021
Ionliosite2 said:
ceasertiberius said:

Well, going for the most upvoted low review, apparently because "it tries to be different but not in a good way", "the MC is easily unlikable" and "most of the first episode could have been cut without problems becuase it was unnecesary". Others common complain in the review section are that the characters in general are unlikable.

Every single one of those complains are easily debatable imo, aside from that most complains seem to be "the MC is a girl" or "it's yuri".

There's things to criticize in this show for sure, including that it's a kind of mid JC Staff production in terms of direction, editing, and animation related cost-cutting/crunch measures. But saying a show is bad because the characters are morally ambiguous and not endearing waifus is pathetic enough to be a school shooter red flag. I guarantee the same people can handle a show with ambiguous, hard to like male characters. 100% dead certain. It's just classic virgin/whore standards for female characters born out of not considering women to be people, not allowing female characters to be difficult people.

literally the reaction to this is why a bunch of people stan toxic female characters, lol. As much as a fuck you to people that demand purity and innocence, and then consider that reasonable and not an aggressively political conservative fascist position. Which it is. The people downvoting this show for those reasons are political conservatives whether they admit it or not, influenced by reactionary Judeo-Christian values. It's so dull and stupid and sheep-like. There is nothing less free-thinking than uncritically hating women that don't conform to stereotypes.

That being said if you're downvoting the show for legitimate reasons I have no beef with you. It's only if you downvoted because of what happened in the first episode, the cast being all women, or the yuri aspect, you're a bad person with bad taste. Those are not valid reasons, and just going by the summary you shouldn't have even watched this show! It was up-front, what it was! It's like someone who hates seafood and goes to a seafood restaurant, and then gives it 1 star on Yelp. It's exactly that!

I hope when the show ends the rating stabilizes to around 7.35 or so which is where it should actually be, a good premise and interesting characters, cool effects and worldbuilding trapped in a mediocre production.
May 28, 2022 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
RayReynolds said:
too much credit they give a show just from killing that poor nobody in Ep1 when have the same old isekai tropes regurgitated here, but with “subverting your expectations”, corrupt churches and exchanging one power fantasy (male wish fulfillment) for another stuff (yuribait lol) they already thinks that their mediocre show is remarkable

This right here. Look just because it was able to avoid the simple thing of being a "wish fufilment isekai" doesn't mean it's good. I didn't enjoy something like Power Rangers RPM for doing something different from the typical Power Rangers formula. I loved it for the likable characters, the well structured, thought provoking story and the character development that was top notch, (besides the point I know but you get the gist) Executioner on the other is doesn't have any of that. And let's face what would happen if the roles were reversed.... I'm certain you wouldn't be on defense mode now would you.

I had my reasons to drop the show, from un-interesting (and sometimes irritating) characters, a world building while being decent not having much intrigue, and really boring story. But yeah. 9 episodes in and you folks are still on this narrative of what happened into episode 1.

May 28, 2022 5:41 PM

Feb 2017
Strykeryno said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

umm, no?

Simple as that

talentless nana,

also,

and lastly

Ok now you're kinda reaching with the whole ''obvious from tittle/trailers or gender balance'' i never said anything about that, i just replyied to your:
''killing off a potential generic male MC in the first 10 minutes of episode 1 is the sole reason executioner is so hated''

''literally no other anime ever does this move''

''I dare you to mention one, just one anime that pulls the same trick as executioner''

TN did totally the same thing and there were people hating the show and Nana's character for that, although not that much like with the Shoukei Shoujo.
Why else do you think that many people were meantioning TN when SSnVR started
airing? Yes genre wise they are different. But trust me there are a number of other similarities these 2 shows have, outside of this ''outrage'' because the ''generic MC'' got offed in ep 1.

''nana does have male MC and no wonder people hate nana for being an assassin, for killing innocents.'' Now you kinda hypocritical. People said the same thing about Menou. Neither of these 2 shows really justifies murdering innocents.

umm, you kinda missed the point

you claimed executioner pulled a ClickBait on the audience

and I was only trying to Refute your big misconception? there you have it Ive already Debunked it

and yet nobody mentions flare?
she also kills innocents all the time you know?
its also revealed in episode 8-9 she killed a married woman with husband and children

butt guess what

all the hatred still on poor menou, on what happened in episode 1,
poople only care when menou did that one thing, Buried a potential generic hareem isekai male MC

also, in nana
the generic hareem isekai male MC aint ded

youre doing too hard by comparing nana and executioner,
thats like thinking all anime are "naruto" just like what my mom says all the time lol

as its showcased in anime episode 7 even the LORE in executioner is especially built for adventure and the adventure theme gets even thicker in light novel vol 3 onwards (in anime, we're in vol 2 btw)
fyi executioner being adventure anime is foreshadowed by akari's statement back in anime episode 2

I asked you a question, how about nana?
May 28, 2022 5:51 PM

Feb 2019
GalacticMagna said:
RayReynolds said:

This right here. Look just because it was able to avoid the simple thing of being a "wish fufilment isekai" doesn't mean it's good. I didn't enjoy something like Power Rangers RPM for doing something different from the typical Power Rangers formula. I loved it for the likable characters, the well structured, thought provoking story and the character development that was top notch, (besides the point I know but you get the gist) Executioner on the other is doesn't have any of that. And let's face what would happen if the roles were reversed.... I'm certain you wouldn't be on defense mode now would you.

I had my reasons to drop the show, from un-interesting (and sometimes irritating) characters, a world building while being decent not having much intrigue, and really boring story. But yeah. 9 episodes in and you folks are still on this narrative of what happened into episode 1.

Certainly, I find more interesting and fun other isekai that were precisely a "wish fufilment isekai" like "death march" that this novel concept, but putrid sunk in the concept of insipidity.
May 28, 2022 5:51 PM

Feb 2017
Strykeryno said:
Ionliosite2 said:

its never a twist

its a premise

theyre completely two different things

those people simply didnt expect the dude, the isekai harem male MC to die, Permanently. thats all
May 28, 2022 5:59 PM

Feb 2019
and 2010 and its harem battles will continue to be better
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» This Anime deserves a 2nd season!!

MarekPPP - Aug 31

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Oct 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

330 by LycorAxis »»
Sep 23, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

132 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 1:40 PM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

136 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 9, 6:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.