Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 2, 2021 10:51 PM

Oct 2017
@-X3RX3S-

Honestly again to emphasize why you aren't going to change my mind on this nothing really changes from full rumbling to what Eren did only that Eldia doesn't get wiped off the map. So yeah you haven't provided a single reasonable explanation why partial is preferable for Eren. Provide reasons that directly respond to that instead of wasting your time coming up with a huge essay to convince me because I am going to be honest dude I am tired of talking about this series and these last comments that you responded to I intended to be my last at the very least until the final season comes out where I might pop back in just for a bit to see how anime onlys see the ending. After that I am done.

This is the major crux of my issue and I still haven't found anyone to provide a reasonable explanation that I find satisfying at all. I don't really think at this point I will. That said again if you can actually respond to this specific problem and just forget everything else please do but nothing you have said before at all convinces me Eren isn't a complete dumbass who condemned his friend's kids for literally no reason.
BilboBaggins365Aug 2, 2021 10:55 PM
Aug 2, 2021 11:15 PM

Apr 2021
BilboBaggins365 said:
@-X3RX3S-

Honestly again to emphasize why you aren't going to change my mind on this nothing really changes from full rumbling to what Eren did only that Eldia doesn't get wiped off the map. So yeah you haven't provided a single reasonable explanation why partial is preferable for Eren. Provide reasons that directly respond to that instead of wasting your time coming up with a huge essay to convince me because I am going to be honest dude I am tired of talking about this series and these last comments that you responded to I intended to be my last at the very least until the final season comes out where I might pop back in just for a bit to see how anime onlys see the ending. After that I am done.

This is the major crux of my issue and I still haven't found anyone to provide a reasonable explanation that I find satisfying at all. I don't really think at this point I will. That said again if you can actually respond to this specific problem and just forget everything else please do but nothing you have said before at all convinces me Eren isn't a complete dumbass who condemned his friend's kids for literally no reason.
Okay, then I won't respond to that, Is that ok?

Due to Civil War, Eldia would still get wiped out due to crippled nation's economy, rampaging citizens, no law and order, no food supply resulting in famines and much much more which is a slow death. People living inside Eldia died, So there's no point in Eldia being in the Map or Not.

In the extra pages, the kid surviving means a lot of things like maybe all of paradis is not bombed, maybe someone else also survived. So you should change your mind that all of Paradis is bombed which is not true as we only saw a town getting bombed and nothing else. Maybe the reason for bombing can be another war or World War not just a one way bombing we will never know, watch Grave of Fireflies, there we see people surviving even after getting bombed with only having few moments to run.

Also Eren can't take away the freedom of his friends, bc that's his character. Also since his friends survived, so there's no point in arguing if they would have died or not. So in full rumbling he either kil them or do what happened in the end.

About Eren condemning his friends' kid, that's the same result for full rumbling bc 'people won't stop fighting until only one is left'.
MorphemeAug 2, 2021 11:22 PM

Aug 2, 2021 11:23 PM

Oct 2017
-X3RX3S- said:
BilboBaggins365 said:
@-X3RX3S-

Okay, then I won't respond to that, Is that ok?

Due to Civil War, Eldia would still get wiped out due to crippled nation's economy, rampaging citizens, no law and order, no food supply resulting in famines and much much more which is a slow death.

In the extra pages, the kid surviving means a lot of things like maybe all of paradis is not bombed, maybe someone else also survived. So you should change your mind that all of Paradis is bombed which is not true as we only saw a town getting bombed and nothing else. Maybe the reason for bombing can be another war or World War not just a one way bombing we will never know, watch Grave of Fireflies, there we see people surviving even after getting bombed with only having few moments to run.

Also Eren can't take away the freedom of his friends, bc that's his character. Also since his friends survived, so there's no point in arguing if they would have died or not. So in full rumbling he either kil them or do what happened in the end.

Dude again civil war is not avoided in Eren's other solution. It's not so stop talking about it. Plus a civil war while deadly again doesn't mean game over for the state it just results in a lot of instability before someone else takes over. What are they going to do plow salt into the fields so they can't grow anything lol. No matter who takes over society could go on and again why is this not brought up in the canon ending where said civil war could and likely should have happened between the left over Yeagerists and Armin and co and whoever else?

Secondly again dude they killed 80% of the world and got away scot free. The ancestors of Marley and everyone else would be indoctrinating their kids into pure hate and desire to see them annihilated. They already wanted to before they had done anything in the last 100 years. It's hard to think they would just be okay with how the end result of history just because the titans are gone.

Also dude I know about air raids (I did a paper on their effectiveness on German morale) but it wouldn't be hard for let's say likely a population 400 million (what would be left assuming world population is comparable to our world around the same time) or more to ensure the destruction of the entirety of 1-2 million people (plenty of genocides on that level). If they can build bombers the can build landing craft to destroy them. Honestly if the entire world came together with the goal of destroying Paradise which I could see now that the rumbling likely destroyed their states and now they had a unified enemy they totally could do that.

Finally again he threw them in prison (even if it was the Jagerists he didn't object) he didn't care about the freedom about anyone else really outside of his own selfish desires. He didn't care about anyone else's opinion only his own and subjected the world to the one he envisioned. Personally I don't see how much more of a transgression using the titans power to at least restrict their movements but that's just me I guess. If the goal was to ensure their safety letting them endanger themselves didn't help. I know that is what Eren claimed I just still find that stance of his hypocritical considering some of his other actions. IDK maybe that is intentional but I don't really considering it the making of a good character.

Though again we are going over the same things and I just don't feel this is going to go anywhere.
BilboBaggins365Aug 2, 2021 11:26 PM
Aug 2, 2021 11:36 PM

Apr 2021
BilboBaggins365 said:

Dude again civil war is not avoided in Eren's other solution. It's not so stop talking about it. Plus a civil war while deadly again doesn't mean game over for the state it just results in a lot of instability before someone else takes over. What are they going to do plow salt into the fields so they can't grow anything lol. No matter who takes over society could go on and again why is this not brought up in the canon ending where said civil war could and likely should have happened between the left over Yeagerists and Armin and co and whoever else?

Secondly again dude they killed 80% of the world and got away scot free. The ancestors of Marley and everyone else would be indoctrinating their kids into pure hate and desire to see them annihilated. They already wanted to before they had done anything in the last 100 years. It's hard to think they would just be okay with how the end result of history just because the titans are gone.

Also dude I know about air raids (I did a paper on their effectiveness on German morale) but it wouldn't be hard for let's say likely a population 400 million (what would be left assuming world population is comparable to our world around the same time) or more to ensure the destruction of the entirety of 1-2 million people (plenty of genocides on that level). If they can build bombers the can build landing craft to destroy them. Honestly if the entire world came together with the goal of destroying Paradise which I could see now that the rumbling likely destroyed their states and now they had a unified enemy they totally could do that.

Finally again he threw them in prison (even if it was the Jagerists he didn't object) he didn't care about the freedom about anyone else really outside of his own selfish desires. He didn't care about anyone else's opinion only his own and subjected the world to the one he envisioned. Personally I don't see how much more of a transgression using the titans power to at least restrict their movements but that's just me I guess. If the goal was to ensure their safety letting them endanger themselves didn't help.
I am talking about it is bc the end result is same even tho there's two path to reach there. You don't understand famines, do you? Growing food is only possible if someone does not burn your crops lol and we can see that happening in civil war. Like I said, there's two journey to reach the same destination. 1. Civil War 2. 8 Pages end. Its just a way of showing people will fight until only one is left.

You can't deny the 150 years of peace lol. So it means the plan was successful even tho it was hard for you to think. If world was really angry with them. They could've just did what they did but early as we saw Fort slava was unscathed.

I never said they don't have the potential but its also likely that people survived who lived in the underground[Levi's OVA], and many other who lived on the ground as well bc I can't fathom a kid surviving unscathed if the whole of PARADIS WAS BOMBED.

Oh Come On Dude, What are you saying, You remember the window scene after he beated Armin and Insulted Mikasa. It screams that he didn't wanted to do that. So he definitely cares about other and robbing their freedom and will is same as killing for him. So its quite easy to understand why he did that.

Aug 2, 2021 11:42 PM

Oct 2017
-X3RX3S- said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

Finally again he threw them in prison (even if it was the Jagerists he didn't object) he didn't care about the freedom about anyone else really outside of his own selfish desires. He didn't care about anyone else's opinion only his own and subjected the world to the one he envisioned. Personally I don't see how much more of a transgression using the titans power to at least restrict their movements but that's just me I guess. If the goal was to ensure their safety letting them endanger themselves didn't help.
I am talking about it is bc the end result is same even tho there's two path to reach there. You don't understand famines, do you? Growing food is only possible if someone does not burn your crops lol and we can see that happening in civil war. Like I said, there's two journey to reach the same destination. 1. Civil War 2. 8 Pages end. Its just a way of showing people will fight until only one is left.

You can't deny the 150 years of peace lol. So it means the plan was successful even tho it was hard for you to think. If world was really angry with them. They could've just did what they did but early as we saw Fort slava was unscathed.

I never said they don't have the potential but its also likely that people survived who lived in the underground[Levi's OVA], and many other who lived on the ground as well bc I can't fathom a kid surviving unscathed if the whole of PARADIS WAS BOMBED.

Oh Come On Dude, What are you saying, You remember the window scene after he beated Armin and Insulted Mikasa. It screams that he didn't wanted to do that. So he definitely cares about other and robbing their freedom and will is same as killing for him. So its quite easy to understand why he did that.

I am aware how food is grown dude there would be famines during a civil war but whoever wins would be able to pick up after. Situations might get bad but there isn't a case I know of in history where the entire people dissolve after a civil war. It's not the same because again people who survive a civil war not one where the goal is to totally wipe them out. You see the point of civil wars is to seize the government apparatus and resources they aren't going to willfully murder ever single one of their potential new subjects.

Secondly I would be fine with an ending that has conflict within Eldia but the world outside is gone. It would be more logical than what Eren left their descendents too. They had a fighting chance in that ending of survival. Plus again you keep on this civil war thing but again canon ending didn't prevent that okay? It didn't there is no reason it would be more likely in the og ending compared to full. So this whole discussion is pointless.

Also it's more likely it's 80-100 years of peace but again I mean define success if it's just hey Mikasa gets to live it nice fine but IDK personally if I was Mikasa I would be kinda bothered what I am likely leaving my grand daughter too. If you just care about your own personal satisfaction yeah sure it's great. Plus again dude invasion equals they are going to be able to land troops and kill everyone. You could just freaking poison the air with nerve gas or something even.

Finally he was fine leaving them in prison while he executed his plan. The only reason they had opportunity to get out at all was because everything went to shit with Reiner showing up way before Eren planned for them to. I didn't realize prison was freedom.
Aug 2, 2021 11:58 PM

Apr 2021
BilboBaggins365 said:
-X3RX3S- said:

I am aware how food is grown dude there would be famines during a civil war but whoever wins would be able to pick up after. Situations might get bad but there isn't a case I know of in history where the entire people dissolve after a civil war. It's not the same because again people who survive a civil war not one where the goal is to totally wipe them out. You see the point of civil wars is to seize the government apparatus and resources they aren't going to willfully murder ever single one of their potential new subjects.

Secondly I would be fine with an ending that has conflict within Eldia but the world outside is gone. It would be more logical than what Eren left their descendents too. They had a fighting chance in that ending of survival. Plus again you keep on this civil war thing but again canon ending didn't prevent that okay? It didn't there is no reason it would be more likely in the og ending compared to full. So this whole discussion is pointless.

Also it's more likely it's 80-100 years of peace but again I mean define success if it's just hey Mikasa gets to live it nice fine but IDK personally if I was Mikasa I would be kinda bothered what I am likely leaving my grand daughter too. If you just care about your own personal satisfaction yeah sure it's great. Plus again dude invasion equals they are going to be able to land troops and kill everyone. You could just freaking poison the air with nerve gas or something even.

Finally he was fine leaving them in prison while he executed his plan. The only reason they had opportunity to get out at all was because everything went to shit with Reiner showing up way before Eren planned for them to. I didn't realize prison was freedom.
Civil War leading to Famine, Famine leads Epidemic, Due to Civil War there's no med. for Epidemic. So you know the result.

Eh, its 150 years as Blimps[1852], bolt action rifle[1824], Armored train[1852] so there's that.

Look we just saw the planes, Ok and nothing else. You are just making your interpretation worse and worse by thinking all of this that they want all of them to be wiped out. it maybe a war bc of infinite reasons. Also Eldians may even started to live outside in 150 years. By your logic, the peace shouldn't have existed as People would be more angry when the rumbling was fresh not after 150 years.

Paradis also advanced, so they also have troops, meds and everything to counter the toxic gases and other things you mentioned.

I didn't meant Prison is freedom, What I meant was if he forcefully restrained them against their will then its same as killing them for him. Got it??
MorphemeAug 3, 2021 12:01 AM

Aug 3, 2021 12:10 AM

Oct 2017
-X3RX3S- said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

Civil War leading to Famine, Famine leads Epidemic, Due to Civil War there's no med. for Epidemic. So you know the result.

Eh, its 150 years as Blimps[1852], bolt action rifle[1824], Armored train[1852] so there's that.

Look we just saw the planes, Ok and nothing else. You are just making your interpretation worse and worse by thinking all of this that they want all of them to be wiped out. it maybe a war bc of infinite reasons. Also Eldians may even started to live outside in 150 years. By your logic, the peace shouldn't have existed as People would be more angry when the rumbling was fresh not after 150 years.

Paradis also advanced, so they also have troops, meds and everything to counter the toxic gases and other things you mentioned.

I didn't meant Prison is freedom, What I meant was if he forcefully restrained them against their will then its same as killing them for him. Got it??

The result is some people die and others live? Again better chance to survive than a genocidal war they would have no chance against especially now the titans are gone.

Bolt action rifles were first invented then yes but they weren't widely adopted until the late 19th century. In the American Civil War most common guns used like the Enfield P1853 rifled musket were not bolt action weapons. Using dirigibles to bomb is a pretty notable occurrence during the first world war. Plus armoured trains again were relevant. No it's very clearly the early 20th century plus while it's not canon in the manga the anime makes reference to bi planes. You are making the mistake of using invention years as when they were widely used in the military plus they had machine guns those aren't gatling guns where they wind them to fire from what I could see. The artillery is too high powered from anything that isn't late 19th century or early 20th century as well. They also got dreadnoughts from what I can tell and those didn't get invented until 1906.

Secondly how am I making it worse? It's a fair assumption because how the world viewed them. I mean you can interpret it however you want but to me that is pretty apocalyptic.

Finally got what? My point is Eren might feel that way but there are some actions that demonstrate otherwise and if that's how he sees it fine but I feel restraining them to do whatever he wants vs letting them pretend to fight him while he still gets what he wants to be pretty much the same end. Being restrained and watching helplessly (which they did anyways to some degree) is not the same as death but whatever.

I really feel the conversation has run the course here so I am done. Have a good day or evening or whatever.
Aug 3, 2021 12:44 AM

Apr 2021
BilboBaggins365 said:
-X3RX3S- said:

The result is some people die and others live? Again better chance to survive than a genocidal war they would have no chance against especially now the titans are gone.

Bolt action rifles were first invented then yes but they weren't widely adopted until the late 19th century. In the American Civil War most common guns used like the Enfield P1853 rifled musket were not bolt action weapons. Using dirigibles to bomb is a pretty notable occurrence during the first world war. Plus armoured trains again were relevant. No it's very clearly the early 20th century plus while it's not canon in the manga the anime makes reference to bi planes. You are making the mistake of using invention years as when they were widely used in the military plus they had machine guns those aren't gatling guns where they wind them to fire from what I could see. The artillery is too high powered from anything that isn't late 19th century or early 20th century as well. They also got dreadnoughts from what I can tell and those didn't get invented until 1906.

Secondly how am I making it worse? It's a fair assumption because how the world viewed them. I mean you can interpret it however you want but to me that is pretty apocalyptic.

Finally got what? My point is Eren might feel that way but there are some actions that demonstrate otherwise and if that's how he sees it fine but I feel restraining them to do whatever he wants vs letting them pretend to fight him while he still gets what he wants to be pretty much the same end. Being restrained and watching helplessly (which they did anyways to some degree) is not the same as death but whatever.

I really feel the conversation has run the course here so I am done. Have a good day or evening or whatever.
The result is the death almost as much people as in 8 pages if not more.

The U.S. and most other armies had adopted these guns by the late 1800s. Machine Gun was invented in 1884 for the sole reason of war, so they quickly adopted. Yes, Armored trains were relevant in WW 1 but they were also relevant in American Civil War [1852]. I am also saying that their world is late 19th century ,i.e., upto 1880 not more than that bc telephones do not exist in their world and telephone was invented in 1878. But I won't force you accept it and the 8 pages looks like 21st centurisque.

Again why your assumption is wrong bc it does not explain why they waited this long to attack, why did they let Paradis to develop if its not a war. The sooner they attacked the weaker the Paradis and they had power to do so as Fort slava and many other nations were unscathed.

Okay, but I'll say you should view the end with a bit of optimism as you are being really pessimistic with the end. Have a Good Day.

Aug 3, 2021 12:47 PM

May 2021
Because

Armin: why did you do this eren?
Eren: idk I just felt like it, only ymir knows
Armin: oh I see, no problem bro, thank you for becoming a mass murderer for us!

I agree with mostly what everyone else said, but this is the part that pisses me off the most.
Aug 3, 2021 5:56 PM

Apr 2013
I’m just here reminiscing of chapter 131 trying to figure out why Ymir was smiling at people getting trampled during the rumbling and how Ramzi was able to see her even though he wasnt an eldian? There’s just so much garbage left unexplained I’ve lost count of how many subplot was opened and not closed by the end of the story. “Only Ymir knows”, what a cop out.
Aug 3, 2021 6:27 PM
Dec 2010
I don't care either way.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Aug 4, 2021 3:26 AM

Apr 2021
MuZe- said:
Because

Armin: why did you do this eren?
Eren: idk I just felt like it, only ymir knows
Armin: oh I see, no problem bro, thank you for becoming a mass murderer for us!

I agree with mostly what everyone else said, but this is the part that pisses me off the most.

Aug 4, 2021 5:49 AM

Sep 2020
1.It completely butcher almost every character especially eren and mikasa

2.Looked like shit,plot holes everywhere,every plot points and mystery are told very well but they ended up making it worse by the ending

3.The commendable writing and yet character development is ruined and wasted

4.The buildup for Ragnarok ending is absolutely wasted,on surface, it's absolutely terrifying,but in reality, it's all ruined by the monstrosity of power of friendship

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.