ShinyHexNov 26, 2020 10:57 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2020 10:58 PM
Jul 2019
GOD DAMN
they nailed this
Nov 26, 2020 11:01 PM
Apr 2020
Animators are really struggling for character designs.
We should respect them.
Nov 26, 2020 11:02 PM
Apr 2020
By the way where is Sasha blouse??
Nov 26, 2020 11:09 PM

Jan 2009
ye it might not move much since even the ADs are having a hard time with this designs or it will look nothing like that in the actual show like Dorohedoro?

Nov 26, 2020 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
I can already tell the designs are gonna look very inconsistent from episode to episode
Jul 2020
deg said:
ye it might not move much since even the ADs are having a hard time with this designs or it will look nothing like that in the actual show like Dorohedoro?

I do think that to remember falco and colt pics?

Jul 2017
Don't know why I bothered getting my hopes up for Eren lol. I can imagine this won't be consistent tho.

Nov 26, 2020 11:23 PM

Jan 2009
chiearlymorning said:
I can already tell the designs are gonna look very inconsistent from episode to episode

yep but the first few episodes like 4-6 episodes would still be consistent i bet

@Dovaiakh

ye

Nov 26, 2020 11:26 PM

Oct 2013
Let's hope for consistency, but I think we all should be happy that these designs looks good because if they look bad Mappa would be criticize to hell.

I get what you all are saying, but I feel like we are so critical of Mappa to the point if they done one part right we simple move the goal post and say that that some other part will be bad.

Let's at least give them the benefit of the doubt, we heard way too many negative rumours already let us give them some praise for these brilliant designs for once.
Nov 26, 2020 11:28 PM

Nov 2008
Will they share the warriors too?

What about the Titans?

😳

Also...

From what I saw, Sasha was the only one wearing the new gear on these sheets, is there a pic of her CD too?
Nov 26, 2020 11:29 PM

Sep 2016
keragamming said:
Let's hope for consistency, but I think we all should be happy that these designs looks good because if they look bad Mappa would be criticize to hell.

I get what you all are saying, but I feel like we are so critical of Mappa to the point if they done one part right we simple move the goal post and say that that some other part will be bad.

Let's at least give them the benefit of the doubt, we heard way too many negative rumours already let us give them some praise for these brilliant designs for once.
I agree

Consistency would be nice but we’ve had three inconsistent seasons already which we forgave because of the overall quality of the adaptation and those few high quality animation scenes.

I’m not saying MAPPA will definitely be inconsistent but even if they aren’t it’s ok, inconsistencies are common. It can still be competent and enjoyable regardless. People are fear lingering and nitpicking too much and holding MAPPA to standards they never even expected from WIT
Nov 26, 2020 11:49 PM
Jul 2020
When i watched the pv and kv i didn't like mappa style but now they look cool ngl
Nov 27, 2020 12:14 AM

Jan 2009
@TomaTTC

both anime have the same character designer thats why the comparison
Nov 27, 2020 12:22 AM
Sep 2020
Not a fan of Levi's deisgn.
Nov 27, 2020 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
TomaTTC said:
@deg

Your point being? I was talking about the 2 CD from Dorohedoro, those 2 are completly different characters, you said it like the second image was Nikaido's first design even though that's actually young Shin (you can see his design even in the anime) but yeah they look kind of similar, I even thought they were related when I saw him first

the similarities in drawing strokes and geometry especially the head are the same in both shows but if you still cannot see that then ok i got nothing more to add
Nov 27, 2020 12:36 AM
Jul 2019
deg said:

the thing with Dorohedoro is that characters were CGI, so off course it affected the final look
Nov 27, 2020 12:38 AM

Sep 2020
sayuri99 said:

Mappa's Levi looks so much better compared to WIT'S. All this time I felt like WIT Levi felt like an edgy dude, and this one here from Mappa feels like a true matured man, the way he is supposed to be considering his age relative to Eren and the others..
Nov 27, 2020 12:40 AM

Feb 2018
MironBiron said:
Will they share the warriors too?

What about the Titans?

😳

Also...

From what I saw, Sasha was the only one wearing the new gear on these sheets, is there a pic of her CD too?

She's there but Spy couldn't get a good quality version of her CD
Nov 27, 2020 12:42 AM
Jun 2020
Zprotu said:
sayuri99 said:

Mappa's Levi looks so much better compared to WIT'S. All this time I felt like WIT Levi felt like an edgy dude, and this one here from Mappa feels like a true matured man, the way he is supposed to be considering his age relative to Eren and the others..

Levi looks even more matured and badass now
Nov 27, 2020 12:49 AM

Nov 2008
ThatShiny_Hex said:

Ah so it was Spy who took the photos?
Nov 27, 2020 12:51 AM

Sep 2020
MironBiron said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

Ah so it was Spy who took the photos?

It was spy who first found them from weibo. He credited the guy who found it on weibo as well.
Nov 27, 2020 12:52 AM

Jan 2009
TomaTTC said:
deg said:

the similarities in drawing strokes and geometry especially the head are the same in both shows but if you still cannot see that then ok i got nothing more to add

oh so that was your point, I misread it sorry, but yeah you are absolutely right, but is that meant to be a bad thing though? It's still very close enough to the manga design so I can't complain, if it's going to be consistent, then there's no reason to be mad, if anything it looks even better than in the manga. There are still 10 days left so instead of complaining about everything even this late, I'd rather judge the anime after the first episode, 10 days are not that long, then if it looks bad, you can complain all you want

im not mad lol i even said that the first 4-6 episodes at least will be consistent but im not sure for the rest if the ADs gonna draw things as detailed like that

and i heard Dorohedero uses 3DCG character models and animation anyway
Nov 27, 2020 1:50 AM
Nov 27, 2020 1:57 AM

Jan 2009

what a tease he should release the character sheet for Gabi already
Nov 27, 2020 2:15 AM
Nov 2020
levi acrylic stand

Nov 27, 2020 2:58 AM
Oct 2020
This is * awesome * right guys!?

Nov 27, 2020 4:08 AM

Dec 2016
This is just like in the manga!!🤩
Nov 27, 2020 5:05 AM
Nov 2020
😵😵😵😵😵

don't mind me... just taking a break here admiring the characters drawing

my brain hurts reading the general thread..like bruhhh why are people taking speculations so seriously 😂
Nov 27, 2020 5:05 AM

Feb 2017
Mikasa my man!

They looking nice. Hopefully they manage with them.
Nov 27, 2020 5:10 AM
Dec 2009
levi looks so good, finally an upgrade to that horrendous wit design
and mikasa.... her body looks extremely weird but her face is beautiful
the rest of the crew looks really good, i'm even liking armin's new hairstyle (which i hated since its debut on the manga)
Nov 27, 2020 5:34 AM
Jul 2020
I like the designs they are okey but i don't really like the colors i hope they won't be like this in the anime
berutoruto said:
levi acrylic stand

Nov 27, 2020 6:08 AM
Oct 2020
Attackonfiller said:
Don't know why I bothered getting my hopes up for Eren lol. I can imagine this won't be consistent tho.

Man! When they show that scene of Eren scratching himself ...

You know what I'm talking about lol ...
Nov 27, 2020 6:17 AM
Oct 2020
chiearlymorning said:

Nah ...

The staff has already deal with more complex designs that titans.

Yes, it will consume a little time and effort but they can.

This is not that complicated for them.

The designs will not be as detailed as shown there, the same happened with Dorohedoro since Kishi will be CAD in only a few episodes.

They've deal with this a longe time ago.
Nov 27, 2020 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
I guess they're gonna use cgi for titans similar to dorohedoro
Nov 27, 2020 7:31 AM

Oct 2019
My boy Jean got the biggest glow up, these look amazing
Nov 27, 2020 10:13 AM

Oct 2013
chiearlymorning said:
I guess they're gonna use cgi for titans similar to dorohedoro

lets just wait until next week.
Nov 27, 2020 10:54 AM
May 2017
Ummm am I the only one that think it is not really that complicated it is just normal designs maybe when they wear the gear it will be difficult and complicated but these are just normal designs that you would find in any anime
Nov 27, 2020 10:56 AM

Sep 2020
Reiner_undieable said:
Ummm am I the only one that think it is not really that complicated it is just normal designs maybe when they wear the gear it will be difficult and complicated but these are just normal designs that you would find in any anime

Its just the extra line work that people are talking about. Other than that, you are correct.
Nov 27, 2020 11:44 AM

Jul 2017
My greatest issue with Mappa has always been that I felt they were an unmotivated studio always striving to achieve the absolute minimum to attain acceptable status. These designs just prove my point, they basically copy and pasted manga designs with no improvement upon the author's work or refinement towards the current formula. Mappa is well-known for this kind of stuff. They gave granblue fantasy the same treatment where they butchered and sucked all the life out of it in their sequel after its license was referred from A-1 pictures to Mappa. These designs just reaffirmed my concerns and I'm not in the least bit surprised or impressed.
Nov 27, 2020 11:57 AM

Sep 2020
Crimsunreaper said:
My greatest issue with Mappa has always been that I felt they were an unmotivated studio always striving to achieve the absolute minimum to attain acceptable status. These designs just prove my point, they basically copy and pasted manga designs with no improvement upon the author's work or refinement towards the current formula. Mappa is well-known for this kind of stuff. They gave granblue fantasy the same treatment where they butchered and sucked all the life out of it in their sequel after its license was referred from A-1 pictures to Mappa. These designs just reaffirmed my concerns and I'm not in the least bit surprised or impressed.

According to manga readers, these designs ARE closer to the manga, with Armin's being the closest one, but there are noticeable changes, and most actually prefer these designs. Not sure what you are on about. Also, MAPPA has different teams that work on different projects so whatever anime you have in mind that was produced by MAPPA it won't necessarily have the same staff working on it.
Nov 27, 2020 12:22 PM

Jul 2017
Zprotu said:
Crimsunreaper said:

According to manga readers, these designs ARE closer to the manga, with Armin's being the closest one, but there are noticeable changes, and most actually prefer these designs. Not sure what you are on about. Also, MAPPA has different teams that work on different projects so whatever anime you have in mind that was produced by MAPPA it won't necessarily have the same staff working on it.

Being faithful to the manga designs doesn't necessarily mean better if the original is mediocre and commonplace. Translating designs 1 to 1 from the manga medium or even visual novels to anime doesn't automatically mean success. We've already seen this happen before only for its adaptation to fail miserably and be badly received by fans like Studio deen's Fate. Besides, Isayama's drawing has never been his strongest suit, but this weakness presents an opportunity for studios like Wit to go wild, be creative and to prove themselves. Attack on titan wouldn't have gained its massive following and enticed so many viewers if it kept the same uninspired less striking designs of the manga. Also, who delegated you to speak for AOT fans? Speak for yourself, because many have been vocal and angry about the design changes.
Nov 27, 2020 12:29 PM

Oct 2013
Crimsunreaper said:

Wut! The design looks.like the manga but actually looks better than the manga, they have improved upon it and everyone that looks at this has said the designs are way too complex, so how can a complex design considered to be unmotivated or the best minimum when it is this detail??? Animators are struggling because of how detail and complex this design is and if you compare the manga and this they do look different and mappa design looks more refine.

Kishi isn't even the character designer for the sequel for granblur fantasy so what you on about? Or you are going to lump them all since they all work at Mappa.

You seem ignorant to the whole anime industry, FYI there are more than one character designer in a studio, also we have animators for snk overworking to get the best possible quality and you are going to shit on the entire series just because the designs look similar to the manga?

Dude if you are coming in with that mindset don't even bother watching the series. Pure disrespect to these animators.

You whole argument makes no fucking sense from the very tense, you must be high or a troll, if you a troll good job.

Crimsunreaper said:
Zprotu said:

Being faithful to the manga designs doesn't necessarily mean better if the original is mediocre and commonplace. Translating designs 1 to 1 from the manga medium or even visual novels to anime doesn't automatically mean success. We've already seen this happen before only for its adaptation to fail miserably and be badly received by fans like Studio deen's Fate. Besides, Isayama's drawing has never been his strongest suit, but this weakness presents an opportunity for studios like Wit to go wild, be creative and to prove themselves. Attack on titan wouldn't have gained its massive following and enticed so many viewers if it kept the same uninspired less striking designs of the manga. Also, who delegated you to speak for AOT fans? Speak for yourself, because many have been vocal and angry about the design changes.

Yeah that is correct but these came out literally hours ago and I have seen massive praise for these designs and everyone is hoping it will look like this, so I don't know what you are talking, go and Twitter everyone, you will little criticism to these designs.

The designs looks similar to the manga but it's not a carbon copy and the person's that were or are still complaining about the designs are persons that want Mappa to carbon copy wit studio style.

keragammingNov 27, 2020 12:34 PM
Nov 27, 2020 12:42 PM

Jul 2017
keragamming said:
Crimsunreaper said:

Wut! The design looks.like the manga but actually looks better than the manga, they have improved upon it and everyone that looks at this has said the designs are way too complex, so how can a complex design considered to be unmotivated or the best minimum when it is this detail??? Animators are struggling because of how detail and complex this design is and if you compare the manga and this they do look different and mappa design looks more refine.

Kishi isn't even the character designer for the sequel for granblur fantasy so what you on about? Or you are going to lump them all since they all work at Mappa.

You seem ignorant to the whole anime industry, FYI there are more than one character designer in a studio, also we have animators for snk overworking to get the best possible quality and you are going to shit on the entire series just because the designs look similar to the manga?

Dude if you are coming in with that mindset don't even bother watching the series. Pure disrespect to these animators.

You whole argument makes no fucking sense from the very tense, you must be high or a troll, if you a troll good job.

The designs look the literal same from the manga, you can compare them, there is not difference aside from different shades and colors. Let's not turn this into Animators are trying their best and work x hours a day so so you can't criticize the anime because it's a non-argument. A studio's work is representative of their merits and talent. Doesn't matter who is the character designer if his organization has an incongruent vision to his, they have the final say. Good job for deeming me as a troll and assuming things about me from our first interaction to undermine my argument. Really goes to show how civilized and respectful you are!!
Nov 27, 2020 12:49 PM

Oct 2013
Crimsunreaper said:
keragamming said:

The designs look the literal same from the manga, you can compare them, there is not difference aside from different shades and colors. Let's not turn this into Animators are trying their best and work x hours a day so so you can't criticize the anime because it's a non-argument. A studio's work is representative of their merits and talent. Doesn't matter who is the character designer if his organization has an incongruent vision to his, they have the final say. Good job for deeming me as a troll and assuming things about me from our first interaction to undermine my argument. Really goes to show how civilized and respectful you are!!

The designs look the literal same from the manga

No point arguing, because I disagree and many others disagree as well. And I also don't see anything wrong if a studio tries and replicate the manga character designs (which is normal btw)

Even wit studio change their design because Isayama wanted it to look more like the manga in season 3, I'm pretty sure you notice the big change between season 1 design and season 3 and it looked a bit more similar to the manga, the mappa version just looks more similar to the manga but it has its difference and you can tell is the character designer for Banana fish anime as they look similar to that design.

So its a mixture of Isayama and Kishi style, go look at Banana fish for reference.
Nov 27, 2020 12:58 PM

Jul 2017
keragamming said:
Crimsunreaper said:

No point arguing, because I disagree and many others disagree as well. And I also don't see anything wrong if a studio tries and replicate the manga character designs (which is normal btw)

Even wit studio change their design because Isayama wanted it to look more like the manga in season 3, I'm pretty sure you notice the big change between season 1 design and season 3 and it looked a bit more similar to the manga, the mappa version just looks more similar to the manga but it has its difference and you can tell is the character designer for Banana fish anime as they look similar to that design.

So its a mixture of Isayama and Kishi style, go look at Banana fish for reference.

Sure I wouldn't have a problem if they replicated the manga designs if they were on par with wit's designs. But this to me, feels like a step-down from its excellent predecessors. If you like it, then by all means do so. Just here to share my thoughts and express my opinion. In any case, we'll find out very soon if this meets expectations or if its another blemish on Mappa's track record.
Nov 27, 2020 1:21 PM
Mar 2013
@Crimsunreaper I couldn't agree more. I was literally thinking the same thing! You're not the only one to have this opinion so thank you!
Nov 27, 2020 1:36 PM
Oct 2020
Crimsunreaper said:
keragamming said:

Sure I wouldn't have a problem if they replicated the manga designs if they were on par with wit's designs. But this to me, feels like a step-down from its excellent predecessors. If you like it, then by all means do so. Just here to share my thoughts and express my opinion. In any case, we'll find out very soon if this meets expectations or if its another blemish on Mappa's track record.

??? Do you know what you're talking about?

No!

Wit Studio has not made any improvements in character design!

The design of character's in the manga was horrible, there was no way to adapt, so together with Production I.G they created a original design, not a improvement design.

They make the design in your style, it's not mean that this was a improvement.

No! MAPPA is not just copying, they are remodeling and making changes too.

What MAPPA is doing is to follow the original material in a certain way and make changes, giving Isayama's art an opportunity that has improved A LOT!

Honestly, how much lack of common sense and knowledge, it's okay not to like the designs, I don't judge you for that.

But at least rate it correctly! Not just out of guesswork.
Nov 27, 2020 1:39 PM

Sep 2020
z7ProSpyce said:
Crimsunreaper said:

No!

The design of character's in the manga was horrible, there was no way to adapt, so together with Production I.G they created a original design, not a improvement design.

What MAPPA is doing is to follow the original material in a certain way and make changes, giving Isayama's art an opportunity that has improved A LOT!

Honestly, how much lack of common sense and knowledge, it's okay not to like the designs, I don't judge you for that.

This right here!

Also, if you are to come up with arguments stating that these designs are not as good as previous ones, don't have baseless ones that straight up ignore facts.
Nov 27, 2020 1:49 PM
Oct 2020
Zprotu said:
z7ProSpyce said:

No!

This right here!

Also, if you are to come up with arguments stating that these designs are not as good as previous ones, don't have baseless ones that straight up ignore facts.

You are right, I am already tired of this ignorance about OBVIOUS facts! It seems that the human intellect has been lost with the time.

The prejudice with MAPPA is also revolting, you can judge the studio however you want, but at least have a sense and be correct with your arguments, because if this is something empty and ignorant, your argument and opinion are worthless!

I will love to see MAPPA doing everything and shutting everyone up.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

691 by Ninnox »»
May 1, 12:33 PM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.