Tokyo Mew Mew
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 3, 2020 2:22 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
MsMagic said:
Omgosh! If this is true- I AM SO EXCITED!!!
yeah it's legit
https://myanimelist.net/news/59489372
Apr 3, 2020 2:52 PM

May 2019
I watched the 4kids adaption when I was a kid, and I recently watched the whole Japanese dub. The show was obviously made for little kids, so there was a lot of stuff I recognized as an adult that either didn't make sense or was really dumb. Y'know. Stuff like plot holes that kids wouldn't catch.

If the show is gonna me redone, I'm wondering if they're gonna make it more suited for adult audiences because of its original fanbase, or if they're gonna stick to it being a kids' show for the current generation. If it's a good combination of the two, maybe I'll be excited.
Apr 3, 2020 3:01 PM

Jul 2017
Fario-P said:
minniemoon said:
Weird side tangent, what ever happened to the rumors of the all-male new tokyo mew mew cast? Was that just a prank, or did they scrap the idea?
It's still happening, it's just it wasn't an anime. It's a new spin-off manga being done by some other mangaka called "Tokyo Mew Mew Ore".

Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying! I can't believe we're getting not one but two new Tokyo Mew Mew properties. I agree that Tokyo Mew Mew definitely seemed a lot better when I was younger and didn't watch a lot of magical girl anime, so I think regardless of an adaptation of a la mode or the original series, I'm excited to see if the new version will hold up to current straight-forward magical girl shows. (I'd also really love to see Berry adapted into the anime. I'd also love to see Ringo, from the playstation game, but that's such a long shot that I'm not holding out hope.)
Apr 3, 2020 3:05 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
minniemoon said:
Fario-P said:
It's still happening, it's just it wasn't an anime. It's a new spin-off manga being done by some other mangaka called "Tokyo Mew Mew Ore".

Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying! I can't believe we're getting not one but two new Tokyo Mew Mew properties. I agree that Tokyo Mew Mew definitely seemed a lot better when I was younger and didn't watch a lot of magical girl anime, so I think regardless of an adaptation of a la mode or the original series, I'm excited to see if the new version will hold up to current straight-forward magical girl shows. (I'd also really love to see Berry adapted into the anime. I'd also love to see Ringo, from the playstation game, but that's such a long shot that I'm not holding out hope.)
No problem!
Oh my god, I completely forgot about Ringo! It'd be awesome to see her in the new anime if possible too ♥

Too bad her only real appearance (not counting Petite Mew Mew) was in a Japan-only Playstation game :(
Apr 3, 2020 3:26 PM

Dec 2012
ooh at first I thought it's an april fools, I'm SO EXCITED that's not the case and it's actually true. This show was so damn close to my heart when I was young ;;
Apr 3, 2020 4:56 PM

Oct 2019
HOLY SHIT BRUHHHHHHHH IS THIS FOR REAL???
KINDAAAAAA FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW MAN
Apr 3, 2020 7:55 PM

Feb 2010
Watching this as a kid, man so nostalgic.....

Tokyo Mew Mew in modern style? im in!

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Apr 3, 2020 8:08 PM

Apr 2016
I didn't grow up on Tokyo Mew Mew, I only watched it as recently as 2019 and as an adult it's really enjoyable. Definitely looking forward to whatever this may be (sequel or remake).
Apr 3, 2020 10:53 PM
Jul 2017
Our childhood memories reborn XD
Apr 3, 2020 11:29 PM

Nov 2014
YAAAAAAAASSSSsssssssss

Apr 3, 2020 11:40 PM

Dec 2011
Ah yes, TMM, the first anime where I actually hated the main couple. A notp before I even knew what a notp was.

Not exactly hype but happy for new transformation sequences.

KWabbit said:
I'll only be excited if they kill off Masaya. Then Ichigo and Quiche can get together lmao
I was a Ryou fan but even Quiche would have been better than... SIGH.
Apr 4, 2020 1:34 AM
Oct 2014
I am so excited!
I watched the original Anime 16 years ago and it gave me my favorite character Kisshu, so hearing this news that i can see him again... I AM HYPE <3
Apr 4, 2020 3:10 AM
Mar 2016
I'm so excited! TMM was my first ever anime, I remember watching the French dub of it on TV as a kid!

I love the orignal anime and I hope this new one will be just as good!
Apr 4, 2020 6:44 AM
Jun 2011
LastLuminescence said:
When they paired up Ryou and Lettuce and Masaya was the Blue Knight the anime became stupid and dull so no.

And remakes are forms to gain money without having to think of a good story, I only watch anime / manga that differed pretty much but even if is like that for this, definiitvely not watching.
since this one going to be based on the manga the lettuce and ryou and the blue knight you said wont happen at all
Apr 4, 2020 7:06 AM
Mar 2010
Excited but I'm not expecting much.
Apr 4, 2020 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
Excited yes. Maybe I'll even read the manga before this airs... One of the first manga I ever bought.
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Apr 4, 2020 9:50 AM
Dec 2013
Honestly low-key buzzing with nostalgic optimism, TMM was one of my first and favourtie shows when I first getting into anime, as I'm sure alot of others will also relate. It's just so hyper cute i'm looking forward to seeing how it's going to turn out.

Will it be a modern re-telling of the original? One of the spin-offs? A sequel? Completely new cast and story? Whatever it will be be, i'm definitely going to have to at least check it out.
Apr 4, 2020 12:42 PM

Aug 2014
I'm so happy I'm almost in tears!!!
Slimes say "Goo'd day".
Apr 4, 2020 1:16 PM

Aug 2011
One of my first anime and still holds a special place in my heart lol...I didn't know this was popular enough to get a reboot but I'm excited! Hopefully the animation is better than the Sailor Moon reboot since updated visuals is really the main appeal of magical girl remakes for me.
Apr 4, 2020 4:31 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
elior1 said:
LastLuminescence said:
When they paired up Ryou and Lettuce and Masaya was the Blue Knight the anime became stupid and dull so no.

And remakes are forms to gain money without having to think of a good story, I only watch anime / manga that differed pretty much but even if is like that for this, definiitvely not watching.
since this one going to be based on the manga the lettuce and ryou and the blue knight you said wont happen at all

Um... no. The manga had both hints between Retasu and Ryou, and the Blue Knight thing. Also dude spoilers!!!!!
Apr 4, 2020 6:27 PM

Oct 2019
@Fario-P

Knew I'd be able to see you in this thread, haha!
I see you're also excited too!
Funny how we were only just talking about it the other day.
Apr 4, 2020 9:02 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Fuzzylumpkins said:
@Fario-P

Lol yeah that was pretty funny, I didn't even realize how big Tokyo Mew Mew's 20th anniversary was in Japan. Spin-off manga and a brief 2-chapter sequel? Topped on WITH A NEW ANIME???

I wonder if Full Moon wo Sagashite will get this kind of treatment for its 20th anniversary next year. I'm pretty sure that that series is a lot more popular (or at least better received?) than Tokyo Mew Mew and I personally hope it gets its own remake too.
Apr 5, 2020 3:47 AM

Oct 2019
Fario-P said:
Fuzzylumpkins said:
@Fario-P

Lol yeah that was pretty funny, I didn't even realize how big Tokyo Mew Mew's 20th anniversary was in Japan. Spin-off manga and a brief 2-chapter sequel? Topped on WITH A NEW ANIME???

I wonder if Full Moon wo Sagashite will get this kind of treatment for its 20th anniversary next year. I'm pretty sure that that series is a lot more popular (or at least better received?) than Tokyo Mew Mew and I personally hope it gets its own remake too.

Tooooootally wasn't expecting a new anime. I was even surprised with the chapter sequels!

Full Moon wo Sagashite? Haven't heard of that anime in years!! Man its been ages since I've last watched it. 20th anniversary next year as well? oh man.

I'd totally support a remake of that anime too. Honestly one of my favourites of the genre :)
Apr 5, 2020 4:04 AM

Mar 2012
OH I AM VERY MUCH EXCITED FOR THIS!
I USED TO SKIP ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AND STAY HOME WATCHING EPISODES OF THIS ANIME DIVIDED INTO 3 PARTS ON YOUTUBE, AH, GOOD TIMES

I just hope it won't take took long to make! Is it going to be like the Cardcaptor Sakura and the Sailor Moon remakes?
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Apr 5, 2020 4:15 AM

Jan 2010
Destinesia said:
So excited for this anime! I watched the original when I was younger and definetely will enjoy watching it again. I hope they add a few scenes if it's a revamp

I'm crying over your signature aaaaah T///T /I haven't caught up to bnha/

I'm not exactly excited but kinda curious and nostalgic lol.
I still pretty much remember the opening song, I used to listen to it all the time, lmao.
Apr 5, 2020 8:17 PM
Aug 2015
UGH HELL YEAH!!! This kind of anime is hilarious and now we can fight against toxic masculinity GUYS!💖💅🏻
Apr 6, 2020 12:09 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Mewra said:
I USED TO SKIP ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AND STAY HOME WATCHING EPISODES OF THIS ANIME DIVIDED INTO 3 PARTS ON YOUTUBE, AH, GOOD TIMES

I just hope it won't take took long to make! Is it going to be like the Cardcaptor Sakura and the Sailor Moon remakes?

I feel bad for you for dealing with split eps, I easily found full eps on there.

Cardcaptor Sakura didn't get a remake, it was a sequel.
I am assuming it will be like Sailor Moon Crystal or the new Fruits Basket, where it will be more of a direct adaptation of the manga. Which is great, even for a "okay" manga like Tokyo Mew Mew... except that means we may miss out on one of my favorite songs from the 2002 anime.

BARBARATROUBLE said:
UGH HELL YEAH!!! This kind of anime is hilarious and now we can fight against toxic masculinity GUYS!💖💅🏻
...what? What do you mean?
Apr 7, 2020 7:57 AM
Jul 2018
Meh.

I liked the original as a kid but it wasn't my most fav anime back then and it still isn't now.

I also lost interest in the magical girl genre since most of it now are either for kids or grown ass men, plus most remakes/reboots always end up being disappointing for me so I am not really interested.
Apr 8, 2020 3:19 AM

Mar 2012
Fario-P said:
Mewra said:

I feel bad for you for dealing with split eps, I easily found full eps on there.

Cardcaptor Sakura didn't get a remake, it was a sequel.
I am assuming it will be like Sailor Moon Crystal or the new Fruits Basket, where it will be more of a direct adaptation of the manga. Which is great, even for a "okay" manga like Tokyo Mew Mew... except that means we may miss out on one of my favorite songs from the 2002 anime.

BARBARATROUBLE said:
...what? What do you mean?

The cardcaptor Sakura new anime was a sequel? really? I was not aware of that. I thought this was a remake so I didn't end up watching it but now I have to.
Btw no need to feel bad for me, I was like 9 and English was not my first language so ofc I would face some issues, it was part of the experience. I did end up rewatching the anime for a good couple of times over the years lol
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Apr 8, 2020 8:27 PM

Nov 2011
i am somewhat excited!! but also scared. im hoping maybe they will also feature berry shirayuki & the mew mew power a la mode parts later on too ?
Apr 12, 2020 8:13 PM

Oct 2007
I thought this was April Fools joke.

If real, then I will watch. Enjoyed the original.
Apr 16, 2020 1:32 PM
Oct 2019
I was obsessed with this manga as a kid! I remember not liking the anime as much though because it has a lot of filler and changed some stuff. People in the fandom had a really intense hatred for Ichigo's boyfriend which was hilarious! I personally thought most of the love interests were either too old for her or really creepy lol.

My favorite character was Purin. At first she seemed like a goofy joke character who was obsessed with money but then it was revealed that she had a really sad backstory with her mother being dead and she had to take care of her siblings. I really hated the episode when her dad tried to force her to marry an adult man so I hope that they won't include that in this remake. It was so jarring in this otherwise cute and child-friendly anime.
Apr 16, 2020 2:11 PM

Jul 2019
Wasn't this excited because of an announcement for a long time. As most people here, I grow up with the original.

It's not really a theme of this thread, but I would really like to see the remastered version of the original ED...
Apr 19, 2020 3:14 PM

Mar 2014
I'm glad to be alive, super excited
Apr 21, 2020 11:48 AM

Oct 2019
It was the very first anime I've watched on the computer, so "excited" doesn't even begin to describe myself now.
Apr 21, 2020 11:16 PM
Mar 2020
I'm a hundred percent ready for this , like yeah it's sad we won't see the originals but Like I still love it <3 I juts want more from the Tokyo mew mew universe (???)
Apr 23, 2020 7:03 PM

Aug 2010
I'm really excited. I loved TMM as a kid.
I have been thinking about watching the original TMM but now I think I'll stick with the new one.
Apr 30, 2020 9:09 PM

Jul 2012
Very excited about this! Loving this so much when im watching this as a kid, i even dreamed to be one! Aside from the same story, i hope they picked the right art for this reboot💓
May 1, 2020 8:44 PM

Nov 2017
OMGGG!!! I'm so excitedddd!! I hope they make it an actual good reboot and don't mess it up! <3 <3
May 2, 2020 3:02 AM
Apr 2020
Incredibly excited but trying not to expect too much! This was the first anime I've watched with subs as a kid and it still hold a special place in my heart.
Jun 16, 2020 10:49 AM
Mar 2020
Pit93 said:
Wtf, I just started the original a few weeks ago. XD

Not opposed to it though, looking forward to the revamped visuals. I hope they keep the same voice actors as far as possible. :)

I'm gonna keep watching the original anime for sure though. ^^

The translation on the website shows they're holding auditions for voice actors so I doubt it.
Jul 6, 2020 1:11 AM
Sep 2018
Yes of course!!! This was the thing that got me into anime and also hoping for a la mode to get adapted with this.
Aug 3, 2020 10:56 AM
Feb 2016
anyone else hoping this anime has a bit more minto x zakuro
Sep 8, 2020 9:03 PM
Sep 2020
We all absolutely all grew up watching the kittens. And now how can I not be excited.
Sep 17, 2020 9:00 AM

Oct 2012
Omg... But wheeen?
I am no bird and no net ensnares me
- Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)
Sep 30, 2020 10:38 AM
Jul 2012
vvvvv excited!!! also grew up watching tokyo mew mew and i’m very curious about what studio’s going to handle this ╰(✿˙ᗜ˙)੭━☆゚.*・。゚
Oct 4, 2020 6:30 PM

Feb 2016
Super friggin' excited for this!! This was favourite childhood anime! Can't wait to be brought back!! 🥰🥰
Oct 23, 2020 3:22 AM

Sep 2012
Can't believe I only just found out about the new adaption today! I think Tokyo Mew Mew was the first Japanese sub I ever watched when I was ~9 and was definitely the gate way into a whole lot of other anime for me. Sooo excited to see how this turns out!!

throwback to the terrible mew mew transformation compilation I made in WMM when I was 10 lmao
Limbo-chanOct 23, 2020 3:27 AM
Oct 24, 2020 10:39 AM

Jun 2020
Fario-P said:
Woah, I never knew next year would be Full Moon wo Sagashite's 20th anniversary! It would be so cool if they did a reboot for that too; reboots have been really popular lately.

Anyways, I would be excited to see this new Tokyo Mew Mew anime. I didn't get around to completing the original, but I planned to pick it back up someday, so this would be a nice way for me to be introduced one of the most popular mahou shoujo series (at least, to my knowledge).
Oct 26, 2020 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
CrimsonMidnight said:
Destinesia said:
So excited for this anime! I watched the original when I was younger and definetely will enjoy watching it again. I hope they add a few scenes if it's a revamp

I'm crying over your signature aaaaah T///T /I haven't caught up to bnha/

I'm not exactly excited but kinda curious and nostalgic lol.
I still pretty much remember the opening song, I used to listen to it all the time, lmao.

Super late reply , I'm so sorry U_U Thank you so much <3 Your art is absolutely beautiful!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2022

137 by White_Alice »»
Mar 19, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

52 by FlinnV »»
Jan 9, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2022

51 by Momoiro_Hime »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:25 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2022

49 by RobloxElie »»
Oct 19, 2023 9:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2022

20 by UsagiBloom »»
Jul 4, 2023 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.