Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 17, 2020 2:19 AM
Jul 2015
Ep 7's PV is awkward.

Aug 17, 2020 2:33 AM

May 2020
ManhDang94 said:
Ep 7's PV is awkward.

Hmm? Why what happened?
Aug 17, 2020 2:34 AM

Jul 2014
Episode 32 PV

Aug 17, 2020 2:43 AM
Jul 2015
Another lazy animated Subaru's face expression, the way they stopped like 2 seconds at Subaru's trying to kill himself and Beatrice's trying to stop him with her own hands (this made Subaru much more pathetic, I know that maybe Beatrice is stronger than Subaru but can they just do another way, like doing with her magic instead).

I already know that Tappei has changed the way how Subaru try to kill himself. It's definitely not as intense as WN version but I personally found this animated version is awkward. Let's see how it turns out with voice acting.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
CravenlockAug 19, 2020 6:25 AM

Aug 17, 2020 5:22 AM
Jun 2020
Slences said:
I don't think the pv is awkward.Is basically same with other episode's pv or do you feel uneasy that there are elza voice actor in today's pv?

they talk about animal crossing new horizon elsa and petra
Aug 17, 2020 5:26 AM
Jul 2015
Slences said:
@Manhdang94 I think the voice acting is gonna be good.U already knew that in season 1.But I do agree with u about they stopped a few second when Subaru is trying to kill himself.I personally think
the hesitation of Subaru is acceptable since the first episode of season 2 when Subaru is trying to kill himself but not instantly,he still fear of pain.But for the haters,i think they will just grasp that scene and make a critism.I can feel why u are furious about that scene.

You got it right. I am always fine and do understand mental aspect but really, he will get criticism for 100%. They chose a bad way to present it I suppose.
For example, did you watch Manchester by the sea? The scene when the protagonist tried to kill himself was done very well.
DirtyOldGuyAug 17, 2020 5:32 AM

Aug 17, 2020 5:28 AM

Jul 2015
My god, I missed a fiesta in the time I was gone...

Either way, it's finally time for another character to join the suffering train. One of my favorite scenes from the arc. It looks like I'll get a lot of screenshot worthy scenes.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Aug 17, 2020 6:27 AM

May 2016
ManhDang94 said:
Another lazy animated Subaru's face expression, the way they stopped like 2 seconds at Subaru's trying to kill himself and Beatrice's trying to stop him with her own hands (this made Subaru much more pathetic, I know that maybe Beatrice is stronger than Subaru but can they just do another way, like doing with her magic instead).
The anime adaptation here makes more sense. There’s no way he has enough strength to break a wooden stool lol.

Also Subaru is not stronger than Beatrice magic or no magic. I don’t even know how you came to this conclusion. Subaru has been hit by Elsa’s spikes and beaten knocked around before even entering Beatrice’s library. He’s close to death here already. Having Beatrice physically stop him is much more intimate and makes way more sense than using magic or whatever. Basically better drama.
TeamDalaiLanaAug 17, 2020 6:31 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Aug 17, 2020 6:44 AM
Jul 2015
TeamDalaiLana said:
ManhDang94 said:

It’s like this in the LN. There’s no way Subaru is stronger than Beatrice magic or no magic. I don’t even know how you came to this conclusion. Subaru has been hit by Elsa’s spikes and beaten knocked around before even entering Beatrice’s library. He’s close to death here already. Having Beatrice physically stop him is much more intimate and makes way more sense than using magic or whatever. Basically better drama.

I don't see any better drama here. I only see critism in the next two days. Even I can hardly bear that stuff so what about other people who don't like this story as much as me. Either they can choose a safe way or make no hesitating for Subaru.
Why can't he deal with a loli, why didn't he cut his throat faster... blah blah... These are not the problems I have just in case.

Aug 17, 2020 6:50 AM
Jul 2015
Slences said:
@Manhdang94 No,but I have watched that suicide but fail scene in YouTube.It's truly phenomenal.I'm really hope the viewer can judge that Subaru's mind is not completely died yet.

But I do agree with u that they should make that scene look smoother by synchronizing the scene when Subaru is nearly to kill himself and the Beatrice use something to stop him.I mean we only could hold our expectation in next episode.

I'm really happy there is still a person who agrees with me.
Yeah let's do it.

Aug 17, 2020 6:53 AM

May 2016
ManhDang94 said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

It’s like this in the LN. There’s no way Subaru is stronger than Beatrice magic or no magic. I don’t even know how you came to this conclusion. Subaru has been hit by Elsa’s spikes and beaten knocked around before even entering Beatrice’s library. He’s close to death here already. Having Beatrice physically stop him is much more intimate and makes way more sense than using magic or whatever. Basically better drama.

I don't see any better drama here. I only see critism in the next two days. Even I can hardly bear that stuff so what about other people who don't like this story as much as me. Either they can choose a safe way or make no hesitating for Subaru.
Why can't he deal with a loli, why didn't he cut his throat faster... blah blah... These are not the problems I have just in case.
I don’t know what your problem is it’s literally like this in the books:

“The hem of her dress fluttered as Beatrice raced through the middle of the archive, impeding Subaru’s suicide by force. She grappled his arms, bit into the right hand containing the fragment, and attempted to wrest the vile implement away.”

The only difference here is that he used a tea pot fragment instead of a wooden one. The anime is very faithful. Beatrice is also close to him instead of her being far away like in the book. And a tea fragment makes more sense because he would not have the strength to break a wooden stool.
TeamDalaiLanaAug 17, 2020 7:01 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Aug 17, 2020 7:07 AM
Jul 2015
TeamDalaiLana said:
ManhDang94 said:

I don’t know what your problem is it’s literally like this in the books:

“The hem of her dress fluttered as Beatrice raced through the middle of the archive, impeding Subaru’s suicide by force. She grappled his arms, bit into the right hand containing the fragment, and attempted to wrest the vile implement away.”

The only difference here is that he used a tea pot fragment instead of a wooden one. The anime here once again made more sense. Beatrice is also close to him instead of her being far away like in the books,

Slences really got my point. We have no problems in reading but in animated version it would have been better if they did other way just like the tea pot fragment. A smoother more suitable animation will help the scene too.

Aug 17, 2020 7:19 AM
Aug 2018
@Manhdang94 @Slences

I don't think people will criticize that much. Because
rakp333Aug 17, 2020 7:58 AM
Aug 17, 2020 7:58 AM
Jul 2015
You reminded me the scene when Subaru met Petra outside the mansion the last episode is really painful to watch. The studio wasted time on doing it. That should have been only the hug in a hurry without Subaru's face then say tadaima only. That should be enough to show his worries :)

Aug 17, 2020 8:59 AM

May 2020
I find every Petra scene cringy.
Aug 19, 2020 3:07 PM

Mar 2016
Only 13 episodes??? I thought it would be a 2 cour season like the first one! We waited that long only for 13 episodes?
Aug 19, 2020 3:19 PM

Jul 2015
pilotinha_ said:
Only 13 episodes??? I thought it would be a 2 cour season like the first one! We waited that long only for 13 episodes?

13 episodes for the 1st cour, 2nd cour is here: https://myanimelist.net/anime/42203/Re_Zero_kara_Hajimeru_Isekai_Seikatsu_2nd_Season_Part_2
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Aug 19, 2020 3:45 PM

Mar 2016
Bernkishi07 said:
pilotinha_ said:

13 episodes for the 1st cour, 2nd cour is here: https://myanimelist.net/anime/42203/Re_Zero_kara_Hajimeru_Isekai_Seikatsu_2nd_Season_Part_2

Thank you sir! I was scared for a moment there.
Aug 19, 2020 6:11 PM

Mar 2010
There is no way WF would ever do this arc in 13 eps lol
Aug 19, 2020 7:19 PM

Mar 2019
Thread Cleaned and Duplicate Thread Merged

1. Post #154-176 are from the duplicate thread.
2. Please avoid getting into wars with other users over whether or not the show is good. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and someone disagreeing with you does not give you the right to break the rules.
Aug 21, 2020 10:01 AM
Feb 2020
So there s another Otto Breaktime episode:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0c-slctPu0 turns out it works pretty well with last episode.
Aug 24, 2020 9:39 AM
Jul 2015
Well I just want to put it here :D
Exactly 3 frames haha

Aug 24, 2020 11:40 AM
Feb 2020
DirtyOldGuy said:
Well I just want to put it here :D
Exactly 3 frames haha

Garfiel using the Kaioken.
Aug 24, 2020 6:58 PM
Jul 2015

Exactly! They did cosplay Toei animation here, didn't they?

Aug 24, 2020 9:39 PM
Apr 2017
DirtyOldGuy said:

It's literally totally different to kaioken except for being red, you are trying too hard.

DBZ uses massive auras to begin with.
Aug 24, 2020 10:35 PM
Jul 2015
foxyahoo said:
DirtyOldGuy said:

It's literally totally different to kaioken except for being red, you are trying too hard.

DBZ uses massive auras to begin with.

So it's even worse than toei animation's works I guess. DBZ is looooong time ago as well.

Aug 24, 2020 11:42 PM
Jul 2018
@DirtyOldGuy Are you nitpicking.I know this aura didn't exist in LN and WN.But why can't you just take it as animation effect.Like this kind of situation happened many times in other anime too e.g. OPM or Mob Physics 100 or even HxH.
Like most of the viewer including me will accept that as animation effect except for the person like you and the hater.They will grasp anything that they think it's unlogic and criticize on it.But I do agree with you that they should not use the aura to express the anger of garf.I really hope you able to bear with that effect though.And here is the link why something on season 2 is downgrade : https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2020/06/18/rezero-production-journal/
removed-userAug 25, 2020 12:17 AM
Aug 24, 2020 11:44 PM
Jul 2015
Slences said:
@DirtyOldGuy Are you nitpicking.I know this aura didn't exist in LN and WN.But why can't you just take it as animation effect.Like this kind of situation happened many times in other anime too e.g. OPM or Mob Physics 100 or even HxH.
Like most of the viewer including me will accept that except for the person like you and hater.They will grasp anything that they it's unlogic

No I'm not. I have no problems with that aura at all.

Aug 24, 2020 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
@DirtyOldGuy Do you get why this sequel can't be great as season 1.Becuz White Fox didn't owned many great animation staff or senior staff and because of pandemic,most of the staff is required to work at home.Like can you imagine what will happened when corona is serious in you area.And different from season 1,they didn't have NEXUS help them out this time.
removed-userAug 25, 2020 12:09 AM
Aug 25, 2020 12:15 AM
Jul 2015
Slences said:
@DirtyOldGuy Do get why this sequel can't be great as season 1.Becuz White Fox didn't owned many great animation staff or senior staff and because of pandemic,most of the staff is required to work at home.Like can you imagine what will happened when corona is serious in you area.And different from season 1,they didn't have NEXUS help them out this time.

Of course, I'm not stupid enough to say I don't get it.
Still, I can't bear it. I am depressing, just want to point out all of the bad stuffs they made honestly. Bad is bad, making excuse is not necessary. They could have taken more time or should have delayed this first cour to 2021 and later to provide the same season 1 quality instead but they chose this summer. I am free to criticize.

Aug 25, 2020 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
@DirtyOldGuy this is tweet I found.
Answer:
White Fox is a good studio. We couldn’t have asked for a better team & director. Unlike S1, they don’t have Studio Nexus helping them out this time, and the animators are under pressure from Corona & the committee wanting the episodes done ASAP.
Someone question:
So do you satisfied with by far episode in s2 or hoping they could do another delay for good quality or smooth animation?
Answer:
I’m not satisfied, this isn’t on par with Season 1, but that’s not the team’s fault. I was hoping for another delay but it’s not up to the director or animators, it’s the executives that want the episodes out ASAP.
Aug 25, 2020 12:50 AM
Jul 2015
Slences said:
@DirtyOldGuy this is tweet I found.
Answer:
White Fox is a good studio. We couldn’t have asked for a better team & director. Unlike S1, they don’t have Studio Nexus helping them out this time, and the animators are under pressure from Corona & the committee wanting the episodes done ASAP.
Someone question:
So do you satisfied with by far episode in s2 or hoping they could do another delay for good quality or smooth animation?
Answer:
I’m not satisfied, this isn’t on par with Season 1, but that’s not the team’s fault. I was hoping for another delay but it’s not up to the director or animators, it’s the executives that want the episodes out ASAP.

So what are you trying to tell is this is not White Fox's fault but the committee right?
I should stop blaming the studio, do KADOKAWA instead shouldn't I.

Aug 25, 2020 12:57 AM
Jul 2018
@DirtyOldGuy well I didn't said that but yeah you never know what is happening in their studio like you never know what Donald Trump is doing right now.
removed-userAug 26, 2020 6:05 AM
Aug 25, 2020 1:00 AM
Jul 2015
@Slences: Well I should stop here this week, I guess. See you next week.

Aug 25, 2020 2:24 AM
Jul 2018
@Slences yeah the art style have changed.But I mean I already get used to it after the first episode.And the whole art style in Re zero adaptation is inconsistency.Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's bad.
Aug 25, 2020 2:39 AM

Aug 2014
Man, this thread is in shambles.

I hope tomorrow's episode will give people something decent to talk about for at least three posts.
Aug 26, 2020 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
I really hope episode 8 can turned out like episode 7 and 3.These episode are just smooth to watch.There are really nothing that can influence your viewing experience.
Aug 26, 2020 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
Waiting for your thoughts DirtyOldGuy or Manhdang94 I guess.
Aug 26, 2020 7:10 AM
Jul 2015
Slences said:
Waiting for your thoughts DirtyOldGuy or Manhdang94 I guess.

Well well well! If it turns out an OKAY animated episode like the last one, I won't careless. I mean, no comment you know lol

Aug 26, 2020 8:52 AM
Jul 2015
I thought the last time they met was in the trial but why did Subaru say this line? White Fox's mistake or he did go back to the time before the begining of his first trial?

Aug 26, 2020 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
@DirtyOldGuy please watch the episode again.You missing something.You are not being Manhdang94 right now.
Aug 26, 2020 9:09 AM
Jul 2015
Well, you know. After using my ears to hear what did Subaru say, I think he went back to the time before the begining of the 1st trial. And 別れたばかり in japanese this case, Crunchyroll translated to "Right after" which made people confused. For example, I have been in Japan for 1 year I can still say 日本に来たばかり, it depends on how the speaker feels. So I guess he went back to back to the time before the begining of the 1st trial

Aug 26, 2020 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
@DirtyOldGuy no didn't you hear echidna said this is the second time that Subaru have approved to enter the witch party again.
Aug 26, 2020 9:18 AM
Jul 2015
Slences said:
@DirtyOldGuy no didn't you hear echidna said this is the second time that Subaru have approved to enter the witch party again.

It doesn't matter you know. If he went back to the time after, he should say we have just separated. He has just completed his first trial, hasn't he? They met there and the "right after" should make sense here.

Aug 26, 2020 9:28 AM
Jul 2015
LOLLOL
WHITE FOX DID A MISTAKE, in the novel, Subaru said this
“It is strange. I mean, from your point of view, I only just left, right?”
“ ”
“I returned from the Trial...from overcoming my past. And here I am,
right after that.”

Aug 26, 2020 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
@DirtyOldGuy I get what you mean.But ofc this is after the trial.As you can see Emilia is still unconscious.But I know you are confusing about when Subaru said right after he met echidna in first tea party.But you need to know he emphasize first time.He didn't take out the moment when after accomplished the trial because that doesn't count as a tea party.And one more thing that you probably are confusing is right after.He said because it's true.Subaru start his trial after met with echidna and that whole situation didn't took more than one day.So I think that's why he said right after.
Aug 26, 2020 9:37 AM
Jul 2015
Slences said:
@DirtyOldGuy I get what you mean.But ofc this is after the trial.As you can see Emilia is still unconscious.But I know you are confusing about when Subaru said right after he met echidna in first tea party.But you need to know he emphasize first time.He didn't take out the moment when after accomplished the trial because that doesn't count as a tea party.And one more thing that you probably are confusing is right after.He said because it's true.Subaru start his trial after met with echidna and that whole situation didn't took more than one day.So I think that's why he said right after.

Nah. I guess you don't get the point here and I already quote what Subaru said in the novel. The way he mentioned the first tea party is weird because they've just separated. Not the tea party but the trial.
And if you understand japanese, you will be just like me.

Aug 26, 2020 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
@DirtyOldGuy OK now I'm confused.So is translator wrong or it's white fox misinformed the dialogue should be in episode 8.I not expert in Japanese.
Aug 26, 2020 9:49 AM
Jul 2015
Slences said:
@DirtyOldGuy OK now I'm confused.So is translator wrong or it's white fox misinformed the dialogue should be in episode 8.I not expert in Japanese.

I made a thread about this. I made it because I don't want to see others confusing and asking why, not a complaint, I must say.

Aug 27, 2020 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
@Slences what is your thoughts about episode 7?
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

680 by usedpsvita »»
Sep 18, 9:50 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

606 by Ardi8 »»
Sep 8, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

508 by AhmedJafar1 »»
Sep 6, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 15, 2020

429 by aniliker »»
Aug 31, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by HoLoVN1608 »»
Aug 28, 11:28 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.