Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2020 5:47 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post. It will be unlocked 30 minutes after the episode has aired. The thread is now unlocked.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
DeadlyRavenJul 15, 2020 7:14 AM
Jul 15, 2020 7:00 AM

Apr 2020
Re: Suffering Life in Another World Episode 27 - Next Place

A'ight. They put the op on the end. Anyway, they left Crusch mansion now and head to Roswall mansion. Ah yes! Frederica appears and officially introduced now! As I remember, she had a cameo at Episode 11 flashback.

She looks cute in maid suit but Petra is a lot cuter.

They left again to mansion and head somewhere. The blue diamond that Frederica gave to Emilia suddenly brighten up. Subaru throw it but Emilia passed out and Subaru got transported into somewhere. Eh? Pink girl haired appeared. While he's on the idek what it is called. And, oh my god! Echidna officially joins! As expected, they end it with a cliffhanger again. The op is good. No ed again. Can't wait to see the next episode!

RegulusXJul 15, 2020 8:26 AM
Jul 15, 2020 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
That opening song though
https://streamable.com/sdy6ih

I think Frederica made a cameo flashback appearance before from the first season but it's nice to see her in an actual full scene this season.

Jul 15, 2020 7:32 AM
Jul 2015
Stark700 said:
That opening song though
https://streamable.com/sdy6ih

I think Frederica made a cameo flashback appearance before from the first season but it's nice to see her in an actual full scene this season.

Wow!The OP is so good

Jul 15, 2020 7:34 AM
Jun 2020
a decent episode and finally we get to see frederica now im so hyped for the next episode

BTW: the opening is so good i realy like it
Jul 15, 2020 7:34 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Pretty decent episode, content-wise.

Honestly, the characters and the dialogues are irking me way too much for my liking. I don't remember ReZero being this bad in dialogue writing in the first season, even the last week's episode also had bad dialogues but the last 5 minutes of the episode made me look the other way. I hope this doesn't weaken my experience.

3/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 15, 2020 7:41 AM
Jul 2015
A build-up episode, like some episodes of season 1 arc 2, kinda liked it, better than last week i guess.

Jul 15, 2020 7:47 AM

Feb 2019
“As important to me as you are” God, I’ve waited so long for anime onlies to hear that.

Great to see Frederica as well, been waiting years! Her voice really fits and she’s just as cute as Ootsuka sensei’s art.

Maid petra is adorable too, can’t wait to see all of she and Subaru’s cute moments adapted this season.

Got to see my baby Echidna too. Sakamoto Maya is going to be amazing. What an amazing episode.

OP’s a banger, but what else did you expect from the GOAT isekai?

Can’t wait for next week!
Marinate1016Jul 15, 2020 8:07 AM
Jul 15, 2020 7:54 AM
Jul 2015
Edit:This week's episode VA was really good too, the pacing and the animation, the dialogues were good, really liked it.

Jul 15, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2014
Yes, finally I can see my girl Echidna animated! :D
And so much foreshadowing :)

And I love the amount of spoilers they've put into the OP animation ;)
Jul 15, 2020 8:01 AM

Jan 2019
Amazing episode, the visuals for the opening were amazing.
Can't wait for the next episode <3
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jul 15, 2020 8:03 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
The OP (ED in this episode) was great. It was mostly a comedic slow paced episode, but the last scene spells great potential for the upcoming episodes.

The conversation between Subaru and Beatrice was enlightening and I have a few theories based off what Beatrice said and didn't say, but just in case my theories are right, I don't want to spoil others accidentally.

I don't recall Emilia acting so much like a tsundere before, but she earned full tsundere marks this episode.

Jul 15, 2020 8:03 AM

Apr 2019
Great episode....like Re Zero usually does it ends episodes with suspense and now even more questions being asked. Great OP as well. Can’t wait for next week!

Jul 15, 2020 8:10 AM

Jul 2014
anime-prime said:
The conversation between Subaru and Beatrice was enlightening and I have a few theories based off what Beatrice said and didn't say, but just in case my theories are right, I don't want to spoil others accidentally.
I was anime-only when the first season aired (not anymore, lol :D) and I've posted my theories inside a spoiler tag, so people interested in them were still able to read them.

As a LN reader I'm interested in what you have thought of.
Jul 15, 2020 8:10 AM

Oct 2017
Emillia's pause before shaking Crusch's hand was hillarious.

They came back to the mansion and nice Frederica makes her appearance. She looks cute with those sharp teeths and blonde hair. Lmao Ram made a mess of everything without Rem around.

I wasn't expecting Beatrice to cry at all during Subaru's conversation, that was really unexpected. She's still a mystery and I wanna know more about her.

Petra looks cute in maid outfit and she's working hard to become a great maid, that's sweet.

Emilia and Subaru wanted to go to the Sanctuary but lol Subaru ended up infront of the witch of greed. I wonder how many times he's gonna die now lol.

The OP song is great and the visuals in it are too freaking true.
MegamiRemJul 21, 2020 10:23 PM
Jul 15, 2020 8:13 AM

Apr 2020
Frederica and Petra, they both looked very cute in maid clothes.

Ohh man I feel bad for Subaru,kid needs a break from his Sufferings..:(

subaru doesn't know to be calling those teeth creepy

Love the song at the end
Jul 15, 2020 8:15 AM

Feb 2020
Another week and one more episode of Re:Zero...

Now Emilia- tan and Subaru come back to the mansion and oh surprise: Frederica it´s here (altought had a previous cameo) and this means a lot of interesting things in the future (specially with Rem in bed and Ram having a crisis).
Pretty interesting episode, but I guess next one it will be even better
Just waiting for the next week!
Jul 15, 2020 8:17 AM

Apr 2012
this should have been the first episode
Jul 15, 2020 8:17 AM

Aug 2013
This was a great episode. They finally said farewell to Crusch and made it back to their mansion.

Echidna also makes her appearance.

The OP, used as an ED in this case, was good and I loved it. From the visuals, we'll be seeing more of Subaru's suffering. Poor guy.

Jul 15, 2020 8:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Frederica's teeth looks like something straight out of Monogatari
Jul 15, 2020 8:20 AM

Sep 2018
This episode was Great! Am i the only one who wants to know how is Beako connected to witch cult and why? She knew about Betelgeuse and said "you left me", she also knows about witch factor - i presume thats their special powers as Sins?

At the end of the ep they started their journey, the special gem started shining and Subaru got transported somewhere and meet the Echidna - the Witch.

OP at the end was Amazing. Subaru walking while bleeding reminded me of the first OP where he was walking past the other versions of himself and taking their place(Also Konomi Suzuki this OP and S1 OP).
well that's just my opinion.....
Jul 15, 2020 8:20 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, this episode was finally a normal one, without something going bad in the second half of the episode.
Also that ending elicits only one reaction from me: NANI?!?
Jul 15, 2020 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
Petra you adorable little squirrel like looking loli!
The core of this ep was Beako and Subrau's convo.. wtf was going on there, she knew Juice dude and was speaking some weird shit. I want to be spoiled but no, I'll probably get answers soon enough anyways and also the last bit with Echidona? was her voice... Sakamoto Maaya? I had some Ruler/Shinobu esque in her tone!

That OP!!! Re:Zero really knows how to do em hype, not just the song itself but bloody hell those visuals! loved how when Subaru was running while body parts of him kept getting blown/sliced away and how bloody it looked.
Jul 15, 2020 8:25 AM
Jan 2017
every beatrice scene always a good lore moments.
love the opening especially when subaru walks off his dead body and get hugged by the witch
Jul 15, 2020 8:25 AM

Feb 2016
Zero deaths this episode (not counting the ones in the op)

So Beatrice has a past with the archbishops.
Frederica too seems someone with a mysterious past
Jul 15, 2020 8:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't really like the opening compared to the two ones from the first season... but it's not really important.
This episode was really great, I can't wait to see what will happen, that end of episode is definitely interesting, i'm afraid of Edichna xD
Jul 15, 2020 8:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was a fantastic episode! Echidna's appearance in the end there out of the blue was pretty chilling, damn. Subaru just can't take a rest for God's sake, lol. Teleportation now, I wonder what else is in store for him.

Another episode crossing the 25-minute mark, I wonder how many of these we will be getting this season.

Out of Crusch-san's mansion and back to Roswaal's place safely, thankfully. On a more serious note, it was nice to have some nice SOL moments with Beako, Petra and the long-awaited introduction of Frederica. Beako and Betelgeuse and Roswal plus the Sanctuary, I wonder where all this is building up to.

Ram struggling to keep on top of things without Rem's assistance is a grim reminder to Rem's current state ;-;

Damn, the Op though. Pretty darn good song and the visuals are dope too. Bowel hunter spotted, finally. Also, his parents? Certainly has a unique and torturous vibe to it.

Looking forward to the ED and next episode!
_MushiRock11_Jul 15, 2020 10:12 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 15, 2020 8:29 AM
Dec 2019
damn so thats how he meets echidna also seems petalguese and beatrice are releated in some way im guessing judging by her reaction also the op looks really good
Jul 15, 2020 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
oh poor Ram couldn't handle the extra work (about all the maid duties lol) that Rem usually does and had to hire a former maid of the mansion. And they hired a recruit too, Petra looks cute in the maid outfit.
looking forward to the encounter with Echidna
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Jul 15, 2020 8:32 AM
Apr 2016
it s nod bad but it was so boring for me... they keep talking and talking and it s not interesting.
Jul 15, 2020 8:33 AM

Jan 2018
Looks like they're off to look for Roswall in the Sanctuary. I cannot wait for the encounter between this Witch of Greed Echidna and Subaru, since this have been seen in the PV for quite some time.

More sufferings later, I guess... Damn, looks like we have to wait another week.
Jul 15, 2020 8:34 AM

Jun 2017
Pretty good setup for the season but we got waaay too many new questions lol. Hope there will be some answers too.

I am not surprised Beako apparently has some connection to the witch cult..hope they elaborate on that.
Frederica and Beako are nice additions. So I am assuming it's not cake walk entering this sanctuary and the crystal randomly teleported Subaru and Emilia..somewhere...but how Greed fits in there I have absolutely no idea.

I am not a fan of this new opening but it's alright, hope the ending turns out better.
Jul 15, 2020 8:36 AM

Jan 2014
Gotta love Re:Zero of how a pleasant episode, can turn into heart wrenching in a matter of moments. Lovely stuff. Hyped for next week.
Jul 15, 2020 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
-Stray said:
The core of this ep was Beako and Subrau's convo.. wtf was going on there, she knew Juice dude and was speaking some weird shit. I want to be spoiled but no, I'll probably get answers soon enough anyways
Yes, this season will finally give answers to many questions from both seasons.
Jul 15, 2020 8:38 AM
Oct 2018
This episode left me so excited for the season! I really found the focus on Subaru and Emilia to be great, especially listening to their conversations. Otto tagging along to the Sanctuary makes sense and I am curious to see how his character will be tested in the upcoming episodes. The standout moment for me was undeniably Echidna's introduction though. From the chilling music to her captivating dialogue, this scene was incredible. I cannot wait for next week's episode, that's for sure. Finally, I want to say that I am in love with the new opening. The song already caught my attention when I heard it in the trailer but now paired with the visuals I was left so hyped. A lot of intriguing things were teased in the opening and my favourite part was when Subaru was walking through all his past deaths.
Jul 15, 2020 8:39 AM

Feb 2019
I suppose there is some relation between betty and betelguese. That witch echidina at the end resembles emilia a lot so maybe they are related as well.
Jul 15, 2020 8:40 AM

Jul 2014
mozgow said:
-Stray said:
The core of this ep was Beako and Subrau's convo.. wtf was going on there, she knew Juice dude and was speaking some weird shit. I want to be spoiled but no, I'll probably get answers soon enough anyways

Just wanna ask but.. will Subaru's ability be explained as well? cause this is the one mystery I want literally answered or at least to some degree clarified on...
Jul 15, 2020 8:41 AM
Jul 2015
Franck_Nicolas said:
it s nod bad but it was so boring for me... they keep talking and talking and it s not interesting.

Sometimes an episode with this kind of atmosphere, you know, just talking is much better than a rushed episode like the last week.
Obviously that's a matter of personal taste, but just watch more :)

Jul 15, 2020 8:42 AM
RevengeCountdown

Mar 2019
That was amazing, maid petra is super cute, beatrice almost cried i wonder what is going on with her, really excited eh.. re:zero is so good when it comes to cliffhangers
EMT

Jan 2017
Emilia was so cute when she tried to hide her embarrassment lol
And the OP was a banger! Loved it.
The fact that Subaru walks past all his dead selves in the opening without flinching but stops when he sees Emilia dead gave me goosebumps.
Can't wait to see Satella btw
swirlydragonJul 15, 2020 11:22 AM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jul 2014
-Stray said:
Just wanna ask but.. will Subaru's ability be explained as well? cause this is the one mystery I want literally answered or at least to some degree clarified on...
Yes, there will be answers regarding Subaru's ability too.
Jul 15, 2020 8:43 AM
Aug 2018
I really love the OP for this season. Absolutely brilliant.
Jul 15, 2020 8:44 AM

Jan 2019
Uh connection with Beako and Betelgeuse??
What is going on¿

Anyway great episode, Echidna finally appears! Also nice OP. 👍
Jul 15, 2020 8:45 AM

Jan 2020
Franck_Nicolas said:

I think the same, the only "interesting things" were Echidna, OP, and Beatrice talk

3/5

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Jul 15, 2020 8:47 AM
Feb 2014
Franck_Nicolas said:

Wow. Imagine an episode where characters talk to each other and a new arc starts with some build up. God forbid Subaru doesn't die every single episode or an action scene occurs. This is the wrong anime for you dude.
Jul 15, 2020 8:49 AM
Jun 2020
It was decent 3/5

There was a little too much dialouge and it got annoying between Emilia and Subaru in my opinion. But it was necessary to explain some things and the last few minuets with Echidna was perfect. I think the next episode will be a lot more action and a lot more hype.
Jul 15, 2020 8:50 AM

Jan 2019
Echidna lives in Windows XP wallpaper land.

Jul 2016
The OP was so fucking good that it made me clap at the end. While the first episode was really good, this one made me remember why I love Re: Zero as we start to get glimpses of the plot for this season.
Just a otaku... yup, that's it...

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

Liking Frederica already.

The conversation between Beatrice and Subaru was pretty interesting, is Beatrice one of the Sins herself? She spoke in a manner where she was remembering Betelgueuse out of nostalgia.

Emilia-tan was too adorable when she tried to her embarrassment. <3

I don't understand Subaru's actions of removing the amulet from Emilia when it started glowing, didn't Frederica specifically mention that it was supposed to help grant them passage through the forest? Did he not trust her? Was Subaru's meeting with Echidna in fact supposed to be Emilia's?

Echdina seems like an interesting character, voice by Sakamoto Maaya too, hype!
Jul 15, 2020 8:54 AM

Jul 2014
mozgow said:
-Stray said:

Thank God! now I can praise myself for committing to not look at the wikia and ask novel readers about that and just wait for the anime to do it. Finally my long wait shall be rewarded.

Lelouch0202 said:

Echdina seems like an interesting character, voice by Sakamoto Maaya too, hype!

YES!!!! HYPE indeed! one can never get enough of Sakamoto Maaya's voice!
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

505 by SanessyAdversary »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 16, 2020

675 by titty »»
Apr 11, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 2, 2020

516 by titty »»
Apr 11, 12:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.