Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Are you hyped for Arifureta's 2nd season?
Oct 8, 2019 1:12 PM

Oct 2013
Well, so second season of this kinda controversial anime was lately announced. Hurray.

I'm curious how many people are hyped about it. There are usually hype threads for many announced animes, so let's focus here on whether you are hyped or not and if it this anime actually might generally improve and change quite negative opinion among anime fans of Arifureta's 1st season (though not all of them, as for there were some people who actually enjoyed it).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 8, 2019 1:19 PM
Nov 2017
I'm always hyped for Isekai announcements no matter how bad they sound :P
Oct 8, 2019 1:29 PM

Dec 2015
I mean it was still entertaining at least. Didn’t read the LN or know anything about it before I watched so I couldn’t be disappointed or hyped
Oct 8, 2019 2:08 PM
Apr 2019
Of course, despite the hate it was a very good isekai. I would have it as a top 10 isekai ez
Oct 8, 2019 2:15 PM
Mar 2019
SimplyKairi said:
I mean it was still entertaining at least. Didn’t read the LN or know anything about it before I watched so I couldn’t be disappointed or hyped

same :)
I rarely hate an anime
And arifutera was good if we don't think about the art
It's just that people always find a thing to criticize when it's about isekai ;(
Oct 8, 2019 2:36 PM
Feb 2017
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Arifureta is the definition of garbage. The only reason one would be hyped is to see that train crash fall into the ocean.
Oct 8, 2019 2:40 PM
Aug 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Arifureta is the definition of garbage. The only reason one would be hyped is to see that train crash fall into the ocean.
FR. Everyone on this thread so far is saying that people are hating on it just because its an isekai or the art, but its really everything. It was only entertaining to watch for how bad it was.
But that's just like... my opinion... man
Oct 8, 2019 2:53 PM

Jul 2012
The only good thing about this is that it literally CANNOT be any worse.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2019 2:59 PM

Jun 2012
Hype?! How could this crap been green-lighted to a season 2 *facepalm*
I liked watching it somewhat cause the premise was interesting, but it's bad to the point of making the Novel look bad... what is the production committee thinking? Did LN sales went up after this?
SnaitaOct 8, 2019 3:03 PM
Oct 8, 2019 6:46 PM

Aug 2017
i have read the wn, LN and manga, yea the anime skip stuff but honestly it not that bad of anime personally i enjoy it
Oct 8, 2019 6:48 PM

Aug 2017
but hey the hate is even giving it more popularity anyways just like how people hate on sao and many other anime
Oct 8, 2019 6:53 PM
Jul 2015
People love to find reasons to hate but honestly y'all take it too seriously, if you dislike a anime why finish it xD, anyways hell yea im hyped, i watch animes for story and season two will give me all i need :D
Oct 8, 2019 6:55 PM

Feb 2016
Strangely yes, Other than the CGI and the 1st few episodes seems fine.
Oct 8, 2019 6:58 PM
Feb 2017
All I'm saying is I better be seeing more Myuu, as i don't see her on the poster.
Oct 8, 2019 7:03 PM
Sep 2019
Considering all the production problems surrounding season 1 and Asread's credentials, I'm honestly a bit hyped for season 2.

Season 1 was basically the fat kid in gym class, the world-building/art/presentation of events kinda rubbed me the wrong way and I couldn't make it past episode 4 because of it. However, if Asread's working on it full-time and we don't have another production blunder, it'll very likely turn out to be pretty decent.

I read the manga/novel so it's not like I'm that worried about jumping into the anime after ignoring half a season. With full control over the production and author oversight I'm confident it'll turn out to be a good watch.

Japanese are borderline-cunts about business so there definitely wouldn't be a 2nd season after the 1st bombed so hard if there wasn't a reason.
Oct 8, 2019 7:16 PM
Mar 2011
I might watch it, but I'm not hyped for it at all. That last episode was really bad for me. It was so edgy and full of wish fulfillment that it turned me off to future episodes.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Oct 8, 2019 8:36 PM

Oct 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Then you've never actually seen a bad anime.
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Oct 8, 2019 8:38 PM

Jan 2013
i cant wait for the recap of the first episode in the second episode
Oct 8, 2019 8:40 PM
Feb 2017
XanderFenikkusu said:
BlakexEkalb said:
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

Tokyo Ghoul sequels beg to differ.

dannymilk said:

Lmfao, this got me ngl.
Oct 8, 2019 8:55 PM

Aug 2016
I'm the type of person that usually likes philosophical/thought provoking or sad/bittersweet anime. I only like a shounen if it has a good story AND top tier animation throughout. I usually get put off by the obnoxious fanbases like JoJo's or My Hero to the point that I can't watch them because if a show attracts that type of person then it's probably not for me.

THAT BEING SAID, I understand when a show is meant to be taken for what it is and not for what everyone expects it to be. Is this the best show ever? Of course not. Do people need to be taking it seriously and throwing temper tantrums? Lol no. Enjoy something you don't have to take seriously every once in a while. I like shows that are this blatantly cliche and stereotypical. The art-style even fits that sit-back-and-shut-your-brain-off mentality with all of its easy-on-the-eyes-and-brain pastels. It all almost has a nostalgic feeling from when I was a kid and watched shows that, by my grown self's standards, would be terrible.

TL;DR People take themselves and anime too seriously. Enjoy it for what it is. I'm glad to have more time to relax with these stereotypical characters.
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Oct 8, 2019 8:55 PM

Oct 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
XanderFenikkusu said:

dannymilk said:

Lmfao, this got me ngl.

All I want to say is that Aritfura (the anime) is certainly not great, but it's definitely not "the definition of garbage" either.

PS.: I've never watched Tokyo Ghoul.
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Oct 8, 2019 9:11 PM
Feb 2017
XanderFenikkusu said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Lmfao, this got me ngl.

All I want to say is that Aritfura (the anime) is certainly not great, but it's definitely not "the definition of garbage" either.

PS.: I've never watched Tokyo Ghoul.

Perhaps I was a little harsh. Let me rephrase it again.

Arifureta is garbage.
Oct 8, 2019 9:16 PM
Sep 2019
SaigoKensei said:
I'm the type of person that usually likes philosophical/thought provoking or sad/bittersweet anime. I only like a shounen if it has a good story AND top tier animation throughout. I usually get put off by the obnoxious fanbases like JoJo's or My Hero to the point that I can't watch them because if a show attracts that type of person then it's probably not for me.

THAT BEING SAID, I understand when a show is meant to be taken for what it is and not for what everyone expects it to be. Is this the best show ever? Of course not. Do people need to be taking it seriously and throwing temper tantrums? Lol no. Enjoy something you don't have to take seriously every once in a while. I like shows that are this blatantly cliche and stereotypical. The art-style even fits that sit-back-and-shut-your-brain-off mentality with all of its easy-on-the-eyes-and-brain pastels. It all almost has a nostalgic feeling from when I was a kid and watched shows that, by my grown self's standards, would be terrible.

TL;DR People take themselves and anime too seriously. Enjoy it for what it is. I'm glad to have more time to relax with these stereotypical characters.

That's a lot of words just to ostracize folks for having standards. I'm a huge fan of the light novel(and the manga's a nice reference for visual appeal), but the anime is basically garbage compared to its predecessors.

Arifureta's a really good story with an amazing balance of humor, action, and drama. Season 1 is absolute dog shit for one reason and one reason only: It doesn't establish a coherent plot. Artistic expression in the form of visual or dialogue queues are secondary. The biggest problem with the anime is the plot barely establishes what viewers need to know.

Considering how long ago I read the first dozen chapters of the LN, I was almost at a loss as to what was going on in the anime because they established the story /that/ badly. I really hope they make the second season better than the first. Arifureta's a really good story, it just needs to be realized in a visual format with a clean, competent studio. Hopefully with all the bullshit behind us(production problems n the like) we can look forward to a cohesive season 2.

If they follow the trend of season 1 in 2, I'll never even pirate the unofficial subs of the anime, much less look forward to future projects by the studio. If they can't even fix the mistakes in season 1, I'm really not missing out on anything they do afterwards. More than happy to just keep good stories in my imagination/2D setting if I'm otherwise going to be subjected to awful plot development and even worse animation. Not sure what they were thinking when they turned every action scene into a cum shot of near-unrecognizable spunk, but it was a huge and lazy mistake.

Edit: If the entire first episode features the protagonist in a cold dark cave for its near-entirety, you've absolutely fucked up on the story telling.
Oct 9, 2019 11:11 AM

Nov 2015
Arifureta happens to be one of my favourite isekai-novels out there, so obviously I'm glad to see it getting a second season.

I just really hope the show manages to pull off what Rewrite did, with the first season being absolute dogsh*t while the second one becomes a somewhat tolerable, maybe even a good adaptation of its source material.
Oct 9, 2019 7:07 PM
Aug 2017
As a fan of the manga, I really disliked the first season due to how butchered it was. The first episode was done so poorly that I was still confused, despite already knowing the story.

However, I am interested in a second season. Apparently, it did well in Japan, so they will hopefully put in the effort to not screw it up again.
Oct 9, 2019 8:13 PM
May 2018
Although the CGI was bad the anime still had some enjoyable moments that made me smile, so I am hyped for the second season
Oct 10, 2019 8:46 AM

Jan 2018
I'm just here to see how terrible the next season is going to be

Although a lot of the character interactions were pretty fun to watch .
It just took 8(or so) episodes before it started to get good

I don't think there is a way to safe this anime but I truly hope that they improve it non the less
Oct 10, 2019 12:14 PM

Aug 2016
Kurokazin said:
SaigoKensei said:

That's a lot of words just to ostracize folks for having standards. I'm a huge fan of the light novel(and the manga's a nice reference for visual appeal), but the anime is basically garbage compared to its predecessors.

Arifureta's a really good story with an amazing balance of humor, action, and drama. Season 1 is absolute dog shit for one reason and one reason only: It doesn't establish a coherent plot. Artistic expression in the form of visual or dialogue queues are secondary. The biggest problem with the anime is the plot barely establishes what viewers need to know.

Considering how long ago I read the first dozen chapters of the LN, I was almost at a loss as to what was going on in the anime because they established the story /that/ badly. I really hope they make the second season better than the first. Arifureta's a really good story, it just needs to be realized in a visual format with a clean, competent studio. Hopefully with all the bullshit behind us(production problems n the like) we can look forward to a cohesive season 2.

If they follow the trend of season 1 in 2, I'll never even pirate the unofficial subs of the anime, much less look forward to future projects by the studio. If they can't even fix the mistakes in season 1, I'm really not missing out on anything they do afterwards. More than happy to just keep good stories in my imagination/2D setting if I'm otherwise going to be subjected to awful plot development and even worse animation. Not sure what they were thinking when they turned every action scene into a cum shot of near-unrecognizable spunk, but it was a huge and lazy mistake.

Edit: If the entire first episode features the protagonist in a cold dark cave for its near-entirety, you've absolutely fucked up on the story telling.

I think you shouldn't have quoted me with that kind of response if you didn't want me to call you a hypocrite and point out how you proved my point. But hey. To each their own.
"To be Great is to be misunderstood." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
SaigoKensei said:
My mistake was assuming they had the same amount of information I had..
Oct 10, 2019 10:57 PM

Dec 2018
I do not read Ln and am Anime Watcher and Manga Reader, but the show was bad,they have content but they do not know how to put it out properly, and to kill all the joy out of 2nd season the whiny goody 2 shoes class girl will hang out with the MC. the only + point i had for the MC Party was that they were all cool customers without bullshit.
Oct 11, 2019 5:13 AM
Aug 2019
meh it was ok, the quick romance was nice but it became shit after they introduced the other girls (i actually think the other girls are better than Yue)
they should have stuck with one girl but noooo it's an isekai so it needs harem
Oct 11, 2019 11:27 PM
May 2015
This show was an absolute trainwreck from start to finish and I looked forward to watching every single episode. If the next season is exactly the same quality I will gladly watch more
Oct 12, 2019 11:54 AM

Apr 2014
Finished watching today, was entertaining. So I want more..
Oct 13, 2019 4:05 AM

Aug 2018
I really want to see what they can do without the problems they faced when they were making season 1, that is up to you to believe if they really had problems or that it was just a quick cash grab.
I really saw that they tried but with part of the budged wasted+ search for animators instead of working on the anime, there was nothing they could have done better.
Oct 13, 2019 9:18 AM
Jul 2016
How the hell did they get s2? Whats is going on in japan .
But sure i will watch this garbage again because i like the manga so much
Oct 13, 2019 6:39 PM

Dec 2011
Went in with zero expectations thanks to the so-called critics who can't even explain why something is bad other than using the term "edgy" as loosely as possible and "bad CGI". Nonetheless I quite enjoyed the show.

Thrilled for a second season.
Nov 18, 2019 8:26 AM
Nov 2019
Seriously excited for Arifureta season 2 PLZZZ I HOPE U GUYS COULD MAKE IT NICE!!! IM REALLY LOKKING FORWARD TO IT ;)
Nov 18, 2019 12:24 PM
May 2018
Tonwing said:
Seriously excited for Arifureta season 2 PLZZZ I HOPE U GUYS COULD MAKE IT NICE!!! IM REALLY LOKKING FORWARD TO IT ;)

I'm excited too! I just finished it, and I still really enjoyed it in spite of it's flaws. Here's to hoping next season has a decent animation budget!
Nov 20, 2019 9:41 AM
Nov 2019
Dyantier said:
I'm excited too! I just finished it, and I still really enjoyed it in spite of it's flaws. Here's to hoping next season has a decent animation budget!

Yey tnxxx. Even thought they may not have decent budget I am still looking forward to the anime. I believe they work hard for it ;))
Dec 1, 2019 9:28 PM
Feb 2018
HDVision said:
The only good thing about this is that it literally CANNOT be any worse.
Perhaps you forgot Isekai Cheat Magician.
Jan 9, 2020 3:10 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
no hype, no expectation. bad adaptation in S1 already.

they need to change studio like S2 of one punch man, konosuba, oregairu if they want to make comeback

but i bet they don't have the budget to change studio again since they already did when scrapped s1 chara design with the original studio
Jan 12, 2020 11:40 AM
Dec 2018
Leo-desu said:
SimplyKairi said:

same :)
I rarely hate an anime
And arifutera was good if we don't think about the art
It's just that people always find a thing to criticize when it's about isekai ;(

as a person who read both manga and the novels. People dont criticize it because its isekai. But because the anime decided to take away the most important parts of the anime and change it for comedy.

The novels are set in gruesome and dark mood. The anime itself completely botched the most important part of the first novel and that is Hajimes suffering in the orcus labyrinth. And than his character development with Yue after he saved her and after they beat the final boss.
Feb 12, 2020 12:46 PM

Aug 2011
I came to look at this topic for the hate and let me tell you i was not dissapointed ! since people hate this one as much as sao i guess it will have 12 seasons 6 movies and 40 ovas
Feb 13, 2020 4:46 PM

Jul 2014
The Anime industry and fandom as a whole is crazy, IDK how such a bad LN gets an anime that is god awful ... then gets a second season LMAO.

You could name a MILLION other anime that should get another season over this trash.
Mar 25, 2020 5:33 PM

Mar 2013
Honestly... the only reason why I kept watching the anime was because of hajime x yue. Unsure how hyped I am I just hope they won't end it like they did in the LN. The harem and other characters are super annoying.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Mar 25, 2020 6:50 PM
Feb 2017
sirenix said:
Honestly... the only reason why I kept watching the anime was because of hajime x yue. Unsure how hyped I am I just hope they won't end it like they did in the LN. The harem and other characters are super annoying.

Not going to keep watching to see how much of a train crash it's going to be? I put the last few episodes on 2x speed and it was SO much more enjoyable than actually watching it regularly. It felt like someone just injected caffeine into the show and it was hilarious.
Mar 25, 2020 7:12 PM

Mar 2013
BlakexEkalb said:
sirenix said:

Not going to keep watching to see how much of a train crash it's going to be? I put the last few episodes on 2x speed and it was SO much more enjoyable than actually watching it regularly. It felt like someone just injected caffeine into the show and it was hilarious.

Proobably not, if I want to see a train-wreck I'd just stick to my own life. Don't need to add any more or waste my time. It was'nt toooo bad the first few episodes but after the bunny and what not annoying characters got added it just became super awful.

however putting it on speed - sounds like a hilarious idea actually. Might do that ahahaha. Also saves some time???

I've decided to put off the last 3-4 episodes anyway and see how season 2 plays out to debate whether or not it is worth wasting my time before dropping it. However who knows- also there are a bunch of other 2nd seasons or so I'd rather watch before.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Mar 25, 2020 7:15 PM
Feb 2017
sirenix said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Proobably not, if I want to see a train-wreck I'd just stick to my own life. Don't need to add any more or waste my time. It was'nt toooo bad the first few episodes but after the bunny and what not annoying characters got added it just became super awful.

however putting it on speed - sounds like a hilarious idea actually. Might do that ahahaha. Also saves some time???

I've decided to put off the last 3-4 episodes anyway and see how season 2 plays out to debate whether or not it is worth wasting my time before dropping it. However who knows- also there are a bunch of other 2nd seasons or so I'd rather watch before.

Oof, that relatable comeback. But yes watching it at 2x speed is definitely a good way to save time and burn through the show. You're basically watching it high on caffeine and it's awesome. To be blunt though, S2 will probably not get better.
Mar 28, 2020 3:49 AM
May 2019
nope...
was watchable....
i hate the 3D animation the most!
Apr 26, 2020 8:55 PM
Jan 2016
XanderFenikkusu said:
BlakexEkalb said:
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

so much facts though
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Apr 26, 2020 8:57 PM
Jan 2016
But like why does a lot of people hate on this anime, I did not read the manga or LN so Im not sure if it followed them. I honestly found the first few episodes very entertaining to watch as it was interesting in many different ways.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

84 by MarcosJesus »»
Apr 18, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

109 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 7, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2022

116 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2022

31 by Karva1 »»
Feb 11, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2022

66 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 10:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.