Forum Settings
Forums

Why do rappers sing so obnoxiously? Why do people like it?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2019 11:45 PM

Sep 2019
AbsurdistOtaku said:
Jokah said:
Only goofy white people from the suburbs fuck with that trash. You guys are a meme lol.

''Durr fucken Lil Pump! Eminem is gonna kill these mumble rappers!!! I-I know it!!''

It's okay. We can't all get invited to parties haha.

That being said, here's some ACTUAL rap for you: *insert good music*

You've been educated and you're welcome.

EDIT: Really dude? Playing the race card? Why is it okay to use the race card against whites, but not against any other ethnic group?
What I don't understand is: why can't we have lyrical rap (as in, rap with good lyrics, and not weird effects that make it harder to understand what the rapper is saying) and party music? Kendrick Lamar is known to balance both perfectly on songs like Swimming Pools.
Touched a nerve, eh? While we're at it are you by any chance a Lil Peep fan who suffers from social anxiety, depression and perhaps even autism?

I am a god

Even though I'm a man of god

My whole life in the hand of god

So y'all better quit playing with god

Sep 25, 2019 11:55 PM

Jan 2017
Jokah said:
Cneq said:
Your taste is shit and you have no idea what rap is. If you want to talk about real OG rap at least post some stuff from Biggie or Wu-Tang Clan, not this auto tune trash with no substance.
Biggie and Wu-Tang are as overrated as they come. All they did was talk a little over the beat without actually saying anything. Shit puts you to sleep lmao. At least rappers these days actually put some energy into their music.

Perfect example:

People like Chief Keef and Lil Wayne has had more influence on the rap game than any of these 90's rappers ever did. Not to mention their music is just objectively better.

You're in over your head, kiddo. You lack the knowledge and experience to engage in these topics with anything of merit. Come back after you've grown out of the ''Real rap! Mumble rap is crap!'' phase.
"You're in over your head, kiddo."

Mate you're probably like 16, stop making me cringe by saying "kiddo" jesus christ lmao

"Not to mention their music is just objectively better."

Said no one ever. Go post that shit anywhere else on the internet and I guarantee you'll see that everyone hates this garbage besides punk ass edgy teens who have no clue what rap even is. How are you suppose to value the opinion of kids who weren't even fetus's when rap was a thing? actual cancer lol

"Come back after you've grown out of the ''Real rap! Mumble rap is crap!'' phase."

Seems like there's a hint of self realization hidden in there, too bad you got it backwards. Come back when you realize mumble rap was just a cancer phase that will die out just like dubstep [oh wait, you probably weren't even old enough to be on the internet when dubstep was a thing, yikes.]
Sep 26, 2019 1:12 AM

Sep 2019
Cneq said:
Jokah said:
Biggie and Wu-Tang are as overrated as they come. All they did was talk a little over the beat without actually saying anything. Shit puts you to sleep lmao. At least rappers these days actually put some energy into their music.

Perfect example:

People like Chief Keef and Lil Wayne has had more influence on the rap game than any of these 90's rappers ever did. Not to mention their music is just objectively better.

You're in over your head, kiddo. You lack the knowledge and experience to engage in these topics with anything of merit. Come back after you've grown out of the ''Real rap! Mumble rap is crap!'' phase.

Mate you're probably like 16, stop making me cringe by saying "kiddo" jesus christ lmao

Said no one ever. Go post that shit anywhere else on the internet and I guarantee you'll see that everyone hates this garbage besides punk ass edgy teens who have no clue what rap even is. How are you suppose to value the opinion of kids who weren't even fetus's when rap was a thing? actual cancer lol

"Come back after you've grown out of the ''Real rap! Mumble rap is crap!'' phase."

Seems like there's a hint of self realization hidden in there, too bad you got it backwards. Come back when you realize mumble rap was just a cancer phase that will die out just like dubstep [oh wait, you probably weren't even old enough to be on the internet when dubstep was a thing, yikes.]
Calm down, kiddo. You're not making any sense. Only goofies on the internet think trap and mumble rap is cancer. Most people prefer hard hitting 808s, auto-tune and melody over hearing some pretentious twat spit ''deep'' lyrics about shit we couldn't care less about. The billboard charts don't lie.

Hate to break it to you, but mumble rap is not a phase, it's an evolution. It sounds and vibes better than lyrical rap and is more enjoyable to listen to in pretty much any given scenario.

Sorry, but we don't want to hear Eminem complain about how shitty his life is when we're living it up at the party and quite frankly we don't want to hear it anywhere else either.

Lyrical rap had a good run, but it's over, kiddo. Let it die and embrace the new and improved era of rap.

I am a god

Sep 26, 2019 1:16 AM

Jan 2017
Jokah said:
Cneq said:

Calm down, kiddo. You're not making any sense. Only goofies on the internet think trap and mumble rap is cancer. Most people prefer hard hitting 808s, auto-tune and melody over hearing some pretentious twat spit ''deep'' lyrics about shit we couldn't care less about. The billboard charts don't lie.

Hate to break it to you, but mumble rap is not a phase, it's an evolution. It sounds and vibes better than lyrical rap and is more enjoyable to listen to in pretty much any given scenario.

Sorry, but we don't want to hear Eminem complain about how shitty his life is when we're living it up at the party and quite frankly we don't want to hear it anywhere else either.

Lyrical rap had a good run, but it's over, kiddo. Let it die and embrace the new and improved era of rap.

"Hate to break it to you, but mumble rap is not a phase, it's an evolution."

Jezz now that's some cringy ass teen level shit. Almost comparable to the edgy goth teens back in the early 00's "It's not just a phase mom it's a movement! *flips hair back*"

Hope you come back to these comments once you grow up and realize how cringy you used to be. Good luck mate lmao
Sep 26, 2019 1:51 AM

Sep 2019
Cneq said:
Jokah said:

Jezz now that's some cringy ass teen level shit. Almost comparable to the edgy goth teens back in the early 00's "It's not just a phase mom it's a movement! *flips hair back*"

Hope you come back to these comments once you grow up and realize how cringy you used to be. Good luck mate lmao
If admitting defeat this way makes you feel better then I'll let it slide, kiddo. Just let me know when you're tired of your washed up lyrical miracle rappers and I'll introduce you to some real shit.

Until then I'll stay winning while you're losing your mind cause your favorite rappers can't hit the Hot 100 chart lmao.

I am a god

Sep 26, 2019 1:58 AM

Jan 2017
Jokah said:
Cneq said:

If admitting defeat this way makes you feel better then I'll let it slide. Just let me know when you're tired of your washed up lyrical miracle rappers and I'll introduce you to some real shit.

Until then I'll stay winning while you're losing your mind cause your favorite rappers can't hit the Hot 100 chart lmao.

You do realize you "admitted defeat" the moment you started sounding like a cringy ass teen who has no clue about anything in the world? Just by you referencing musical charts basically ruined any opinion you had on the matter. Those numbers go up the moment that trash pops on the radio or any other sponsored deal where that trash is played, same concept as clicks for shitty slide show articles. Does it mean those articles will really show you the "top 20 ways to become rich [BUSINESS'S DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT THIS!]. No of course not, only reason those sites stay relevant is because they get clicks and the people who actually read them seriously are the same thing as the idiots who think this type of music is good. I already said go ask on any public board and you'll have people saying the same shit about your trash ass taste in music, if you want to run away from doing that be my guest, not like it'd change your mind anyways.
Sep 26, 2019 2:22 AM

Sep 2019
Cneq said:
Jokah said:
If admitting defeat this way makes you feel better then I'll let it slide. Just let me know when you're tired of your washed up lyrical miracle rappers and I'll introduce you to some real shit.

You do realize you "admitted defeat" the moment you started sounding like a cringy ass teen who has no clue about anything in the world? Just by you referencing musical charts basically ruined any opinion you had on the matter. Those numbers go up the moment that trash pops on the radio or any other sponsored deal where that trash is played, same concept as clicks for shitty slide show articles. Does it mean those articles will really show you the "top 20 ways to become rich [BUSINESS'S DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT THIS!]. No of course not, only reason those sites stay relevant is because they get clicks and the people who actually read them seriously are the same thing as the idiots who think this type of music is good. I already said go ask on any public board and you'll have people saying the same shit about your trash ass taste in music, if you want to run away from doing that be my guest, not like it'd change your mind anyways.
You're losing it, kiddo. You're becoming less rational with each subsequent post and you weren't very rational to begin with. You tell me I don't know anything about the world while dismissing the billboard charts, but if you knew anything about the world you'd know that numbers don't lie.

You can make all the excuses you want, but the reason mumble rap is more popular than lyrical rap is because there's a bigger demand for it. Simple as that.

I am a god

Sep 26, 2019 2:29 AM

Jan 2017
Jokah said:
Cneq said:
You're losing it, kiddo. You're becoming less rational with each subsequent post and you weren't very rational to begin with. You tell me I don't know anything about the world while dismissing the billboard charts, but if you knew anything about the world you'd know that numbers don't lie.

You can make all the excuses you want, but the reason mumble rap is more popular than lyrical rap is because there's a bigger demand for it. Simple as that.
"but if you knew anything about the world you'd know that numbers don't lie."

For someone who talks about excuses you sure like to spew them yourself. Go ahead and give me a source where you're getting this information that billboards are the see all be all for judging the quality of music. Get out of this sheep ass mindset of thinking majority = quality, you're the kind of dumbass kid who will be homeless on the street with a drug addiction since the majority of people [being dumbass ass kids like yourself] thought drugs were alright. Good luck dealing with life junior.

Like I said go elsewhere on the internet and you'll get the same opinions. Stop running away from the facts and making excuses.
Sep 26, 2019 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
Jokah said:
AbsurdistOtaku said:

EDIT: Really dude? Playing the race card? Why is it okay to use the race card against whites, but not against any other ethnic group?
What I don't understand is: why can't we have lyrical rap (as in, rap with good lyrics, and not weird effects that make it harder to understand what the rapper is saying) and party music? Kendrick Lamar is known to balance both perfectly on songs like Swimming Pools.
Touched a nerve, eh? While we're at it are you by any chance a Lil Peep fan who suffers from social anxiety, depression and perhaps even autism?

Whenever I criticize someone, why do they assume I'm angry?
I've never listened to Lil Peep. I've suffered from social anxiety since I was young. No, I don't have depression or autism.

Jokah said:

I'm confused: it's true that Biggie and Wu Tang weren't known to have much substance in their music, but...so do "mumble" rappers. As for energy? They had a lot of energy in their deliveries: on Ready To Die, Biggie almost yells, but sounds smooth as butter. The Wu Tang Clan sound very confrontational, loud, and energetic.
At the time I'm writing this, the Notorious B.I.G has 11,248,841 monthly listeners in Spotify which, while low in comparison to mainstream "mumble" rappers, proves there's still an audience for more lyrical focused rap. I don't understand the appeal of this effect that "mumble" rappers use for their voices, where they sound at least to me, very obnoxious. If you want to listen to party music, why not listen to songs like Amerikaz Most Wanted, Ambizionz As a Ridah, and many other songs by 2pac? Because while they're party music with great beats, they also have clear, interesting lyrics that add replay ability to the song. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, isn't good beats + clear good lyrics > just good beats?
Sep 26, 2019 6:40 AM

Dec 2018
I think you're referring to mumble rap, and it's been like this for too long I agree. I have no idea how tf such garbage riffraff-tier below trash type of music (or maybe I shouldn't even call it music, what an blasphemous insult) can be so popular and trendy either. I play piano and know quite a bit about melodicism and ideas of different eras (say eg. romanticism or postmodernism), it might not be much but I can rest assure that virtually every modern rap songs require zero talent, no music knowledge and some randomly ghostwritten or simply randomly poor beats with overt auto-tune. I'm sure many share the same hatred, but it just doesn't seem to stop, at least for now I guess.
. . .
Sep 26, 2019 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
Preachee said:
I think you're referring to mumble rap, and it's been like this for too long I agree. I have no idea how tf such garbage riffraff-tier below trash type of music (or maybe I shouldn't even call it music, what an blasphemous insult) can be so popular and trendy either. I play piano and know quite a bit about melodicism and ideas of different eras (say eg. romanticism or postmodernism), it might not be much but I can rest assure that virtually every modern rap songs require zero talent, no music knowledge and some randomly ghostwritten or simply randomly poor beats with overt auto-tune. I'm sure many share the same hatred, but it just doesn't seem to stop, at least for now I guess.

I wasn't referring to mumble rappers, though. I was referring to rappers like Post Malone who sing, but sound very bored, lifeless, or obnoxious.
Sep 26, 2019 6:51 AM

Dec 2018
AbsurdistOtaku said:
Preachee said:

I wasn't referring to mumble rappers, though. I was referring to rappers like Post Malone who sing, but sound very bored, lifeless, or obnoxious.

Yea, I might have to amend to "mumble rap and shitty trendy modern rap in general".
. . .
Sep 26, 2019 12:28 PM

Sep 2019
Cneq said:
Jokah said:

"but if you knew anything about the world you'd know that numbers don't lie."

For someone who talks about excuses you sure like to spew them yourself. Go ahead and give me a source where you're getting this information that billboards are the see all be all for judging the quality of music. Get out of this sheep ass mindset of thinking majority = quality, you're the kind of dumbass kid who will be homeless on the street with a drug addiction since the majority of people [being dumbass ass kids like yourself] thought drugs were alright. Good luck dealing with life junior.

Like I said go elsewhere on the internet and you'll get the same opinions. Stop running away from the facts and making excuses.
Only a small portion of drug users become addicted. Yet another subject you have no experience with or knowledge of, just like rap. See that's what separates us. I talk the talk because I walked the walk and you still have a long way to go before you can step up to me, kiddo.

I am a god

Sep 26, 2019 1:33 PM

Sep 2019
AbsurdistOtaku said:
Jokah said:

Whenever I criticize someone, why do they assume I'm angry?
I've never listened to Lil Peep. I've suffered from social anxiety since I was young. No, I don't have depression or autism.

Jokah said:

I'm confused: it's true that Biggie and Wu Tang weren't known to have much substance in their music, but...so do "mumble" rappers. As for energy? They had a lot of energy in their deliveries: on Ready To Die, Biggie almost yells, but sounds smooth as butter. The Wu Tang Clan sound very confrontational, loud, and energetic.
At the time I'm writing this, the Notorious B.I.G has 11,248,841 monthly listeners in Spotify which, while low in comparison to mainstream "mumble" rappers, proves there's still an audience for more lyrical focused rap. I don't understand the appeal of this effect that "mumble" rappers use for their voices, where they sound at least to me, very obnoxious. If you want to listen to party music, why not listen to songs like Amerikaz Most Wanted, Ambizionz As a Ridah, and many other songs by 2pac? Because while they're party music with great beats, they also have clear, interesting lyrics that add replay ability to the song. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, isn't good beats + clear good lyrics > just good beats?
Pac is even more overrated than Biggie and Wu-Tang. Matter of fact he might just be the most overrated rapper of all time, though Eminem would definitely be a close runner-up. His music just doesn't vibe like that and lyrically he's inferior to many rappers that came after him, most notably Lil Wayne.

I am a god

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
4 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
5 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
6 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7584 by NiaAlexandria »»
6 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.