Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 13, 2019 9:03 AM

Feb 2016
Are there any VPN which we can use like TunnelBeat? I'm looking for a program and not a browser that's free. If there's no free VPN programs, trials can also do.

Is there a way to get a "permanent" VPN without spending money? I tried retweeting TunnelBear's 1GB offerbut it didn't work. Do I have to wait for the next month or is it just a one time thing?

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Jun 13, 2019 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
I wouldn't recommend a free VPN since they pretty much all suck. I don't know why you want a VPN, but if it's only to register for region-locked services and stuff like that, you can simply use a proxy. If you really really want a free VPN, the best I know is ProtonVPN, but like I said it sucks.
Jun 13, 2019 12:50 PM

Jul 2009
Answered a similar question in a thread not long back, but you might want to opt for NordVPN or ExpressVPN for free trials. All free VPNs are terrible and they more often than not contain malware. Trust me, I've searched for a good free VPN for the longest time before I gave up and subscribed to ExpressVPN. Don't regret a single cent.
Jun 13, 2019 12:56 PM

Jun 2019
With a free VPN, your are the product.
You probably want a paid VPN.

Here is the link to comparison chart
Jun 13, 2019 1:36 PM

Dec 2017
Use avast secureline VPN or some other paid ones. Honestly, all the free VPNs suck. You can just use opera browser to see how slow free vpn is.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jun 13, 2019 11:48 PM

Feb 2016
Aldnox said:
I wouldn't recommend a free VPN since they pretty much all suck. I don't know why you want a VPN, but if it's only to register for region-locked services and stuff like that, you can simply use a proxy. If you really really want a free VPN, the best I know is ProtonVPN, but like I said it sucks.

I would, but I'm using a third-party app that doesn't work without VPN from a program.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Jun 13, 2019 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
-Haoto- said:
Aldnox said:

I would, but I'm using a third-party app that doesn't work without VPN from a program.
That's strange, you can set a system-wide proxy and every program should go through there.
Jun 13, 2019 11:56 PM

Feb 2016
@Aldnox How do I?... I have never heard of them though.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Jun 14, 2019 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
-Haoto- said:
@Aldnox How do I?... I have never heard of them though.
I don't know the exact steps but it's somewhere on the network settings. You can probably Google it.
Jun 14, 2019 12:46 AM

Feb 2016
Uhh.. ProtonVPN just failed the installation.

Okay, I'll try "system-wide proxy" out.
Edit: It didn't work either

@Skittles I literally can't find any free trials of those services. I'm underage, I don't have a credit card. Why the heck do they need credit cards when it's a free trial.
-Haoto-Jun 14, 2019 12:58 AM

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Jun 14, 2019 12:58 AM

Jul 2009
@-Haoto- Have you tried this link?
Jun 14, 2019 12:58 AM

Feb 2016
@Skittles I was late to modify my message, my bad

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Jun 14, 2019 2:41 AM

Dec 2013
Don't use free VPN. As a rule of thumb, if something is free, you are the product. Just buy a paid VPN.
Jun 14, 2019 12:37 PM

Dec 2008
I concur-if something sounds to good to be true it is. The best vpn is one you pay for.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jun 15, 2019 4:42 AM

Jan 2009
im using a free VPN just to bypass the selective site browsing of our internet plan but ye as they say if you are not paying then you are the product so i would not recommend it

and also free VPN usually are IP range banned on a lot of websites like i cannot vist some popular websites because of IP banned message im getting

so just pay for a VPN if you want

but if you really want to try then search for Indonesian Free VPN like this one https://www.vpnjantit.com/

EDIT:

i also remember this one by Japan https://www.vpngate.net/en/
degJun 15, 2019 4:54 AM
Jun 15, 2019 5:15 AM

Feb 2016
TunnelBear is a good choice I guess. Hopefully it gives 500MB every month..

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Jul 25, 2019 7:14 AM
Jul 2019
I'd recommend Figleaf VPN proxy, here's their site. I've been using it for a year or so, pretty nice.
Jul 25, 2019 8:47 AM
Oct 2011
I assume you want to use it to open blocked site. then I recommend DnsCrypt, it's not exactly a VPN but it does the job and it's free
Jul 27, 2019 12:06 AM

May 2018
Softether is great , you can choose UDP/TCP protocols..This software was made by University of tsukuba.
Oct 24, 2019 1:51 AM
Oct 2019
It depends on the purpose, for example, I use this free vpn for kodi. As for torrenting and browsing, you can use NordVPN, PureVPN or CyberGhost Pro. Though some say NordVPN collects users' data, so I would think twice before paying for it.
Oct 29, 2019 8:22 AM

Oct 2019
Opera's VPN isn't bad if you're broke, but otherwise stay away from "free VPNs." They 're usually pretty shady.
Nov 7, 2019 4:15 AM

Oct 2008
If you need VPN for gaming and gaming only, nothing beats Mudfish. It's data based rather than monthly and $3 could last you couple months to year depends on how much data you are using. (I spend $8 on it so far and lasted me year and half)

ExpressVPN is good for pretty much everything but doesn't have game specific optimization like Mudfish so it's not as good when it comes to gaming but still good and they give you 30 day money back guarantee and you can literally contact rep and ask them for refund day before they charge you. It was hassle free and easy refund. I probably would have kept using this had If I didn't find out about Mudfish. Most IP restricted online games will work with ExpressVPN but some games had problem such as Dragon Nest JP for example, wouldn't even start.

Private Internet Access is good for browsing and pretty cheap and always gets lot of promotions. One time there was like 2 year subscription for $30 CAD or something but not sure if that offer is still available. I wouldn't use this for playing Japan IP restricted games though, unless they fixed the problem since I used it last time. Also I'm not sure if they ever added Korean server or not so unless they added it, I wouldn't recommend it for gamers who plays Korean IP restricted games.

Any one year free VPN that comes with antivirus are decent for everything, browsing works fine, gaming is stable unlike free VPN that DC's you every 15 minutes or so. Just make sure to get one that comes with full VPN rather than crappy one with daily data limit on it. Might be a viable solution to people who rather not pay monthly VPN service fees, plus it's rather cheap when it's on sale. I think I bought Norton Premium 360 for $40 CAD when it was on sale.
Nov 18, 2019 12:00 PM
Feb 2015
https://windscribe.com/ - u get 10G's of data for free.. if u post their links on social media u get another 10g.. i used it to torrent when needed.
Nov 19, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
I've been known to use ZenMate for Firefox, on occasion. But for the most part I don't rely on VPNs anymore.
Mar 26, 2020 2:10 PM
Mar 2020
-Haoto- said:
Are there any VPN which we can use like TunnelBeat? I'm looking for a program and not a browser that's free. If there's no free VPN programs, trials can also do.

Is there a way to get a "permanent" VPN without spending money? I tried retweeting TunnelBear's 1GB offerbut it didn't work. Do I have to wait for the next month or is it just a one time thing?

For the love of God, don't take your privacy for granted. Always use a paid subscription rather than looking for ways to use a free VPN. Trust me, your data is more valuable than those few bucks that you spend on buying a VPN subscription. In case, you are looking for an affordable VPN that also offers high-end encryption, then give Ivacy VPN a shot. They are award-winners of Fastest VPN and not just that but it can also come handy as a disney plus VPN to let you watch your favorite shows and movies on disney plus.
Mar 26, 2020 2:48 PM

Jan 2015
I don't think there are any good free VPNs. I use NordVPN at work and it's working perfectly.
Mar 26, 2020 3:12 PM
Jul 2018
OpenVPN and use the certificate bundles from https://www.vpnbook.com/
the username is always vpnbook but the password often changes for security reasons
Mar 26, 2020 11:30 PM

Feb 2016
@elisacollins89 Don't worry, I'm just accessing sites and using apps that are blocked in my country. It's really frustrating when your country blocks content outside or it gets blocked from the outside by other countries.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Mar 27, 2020 12:45 PM

Oct 2012
I'd pick nothing over a free vpn. Private internet access is only $7 a month thats what I use
Mar 27, 2020 7:34 PM

Feb 2016
Welp, I'm not legally able to own a debit card by myself yet. Guess I'll wait.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Mar 30, 2020 6:23 AM

Feb 2016
Is changing our router's DNS the same as having a VPN?

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Mar 30, 2020 7:40 AM
四十二

Mar 2016
-Haoto- said:
Is changing our router's DNS the same as having a VPN?

No, it's not. A DNS is only needed to translate a domain name (e.g. myanimelist.net) into an IP address (e.g. 52.26.129.149), so it does not filer, encrypt, or proxy your Internet connections.

Changing the DNS server may help you to circumvent some kinds of censorship or tracking systems, but it is unrelated to protecting your digital identity when you open a website.
HTCPCP/1.0  ★ MetaMAL  ★ Picture credits: Living & 1041uuu
Mar 30, 2020 8:46 AM

Feb 2016
@ZeroCrystal I thought so, thanks for the explanation.

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

- Mary ~ Death Mark

Mar 30, 2020 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
-Haoto- said:
@ZeroCrystal I thought so, thanks for the explanation.

And I should add that it's actually good form to change your DNS.

Not to Google's, obviously (lol).
I personally use AdGuard, which isn't the absolute best when it comes to privacy (I'd look into Non-Profit and Hobby Projects for that), but is still within the acceptable range.
Apr 6, 2020 3:51 AM

Jan 2009
if you just want to access a geoblock website free and easily then Psiphon is enough for that here https://psiphon.ca/ more info about it here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psiphon

its slow and you cannot torrent with it though because ye its free lol
Apr 12, 2020 6:34 AM

Nov 2017
A wise man once said "When you use free VPN, you're the product." Don't use free VPN if you care about your privacy.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

So many anime, So little time!

More topics from this board

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
8 minutes ago

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 10 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
10 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
11 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.