Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 19, 2019 2:05 PM

Mar 2013
The 15th volume of Yoshiaki Tabata and Yuugo Okuma's Young Black Jack manga, which went on sale on Friday, announced that the series will end in the 16th volume. The final volume will ship this summer.

Okuma and Tabata began serializing Young Black Jack in Young Champion Magazine in 2011. It serves as a prequel to Osamu Tezuka's 25-volume Black Jack manga that ran from 1973-1983.

A 12-episode anime adaptation of Young Black Jack by Tezuka Productions aired in Fall 2015, and was simulcast by Crunchyroll. Sentai Filmworks licensed for show in North America and released on Blu-ray and DVD in February 2017.

Source: Comic Natalie
Apr 19, 2019 5:43 PM
May 2007
I will miss the most handsome doctor. I wish S2 happens.
Apr 20, 2019 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Loved the first episode of the anime Young Black Jack, but couldn't get into the rest of the show with so much political drama over actual epic Black Jack scenes or human feelings.

I haven't read the manga yet, so man do I need to check it out. I'm not sure how different the manga is from the anime. 16 volumes is truly an awesome adventure.

Black Jack original manga was so awesome. It's honestly pretty cool they made a younger version of him, even if its not Tezuka's creation.

Shadow-Chan said:
I will miss the most handsome doctor.
haha def agree, his character design was epic, his muscles were as honed and sharp as his scalpel, lol! xD
Apr 21, 2019 2:46 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Interested in seeing what the artist will work on next! Love the art :D It's been a long time since I read the manga, but now that it's finished, I might finish the rest soon. Maybe. Reading in Chinese was a pain lol, although I learned a bit from having to look up words and phrases. Would love another season of YBJ but that's obviously never going to happen.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
11 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.