Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Coming from a Light Novel Reader, all I can say is that season is going to be....(SPOILERS)

High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 2, 2018 5:35 PM

Nov 2008
This season is going to be EPIC!!!

Im really hyped for this season, especially in the middle with Issei's Illegal Move Triaina and the end with Issei CCP vs Sairaorg Bael, because High School DxD is NOT just fanservice.

Also in MY OPINION, your not a true fan if you can't except the new art and animation and its MORE CLOSER to the novels.

Not to mention there are other anime with changed art and animation, like Fairy Tail, Sailor
Moon, Dragon Ball and Love Hina and they turned out good.

Also look at Rias and do a comparison with the novels.

Not mention Issei's Balance Breaker looks really good in the new animation too.

HollowIchigo58Mar 6, 2018 1:48 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 3, 2018 9:05 AM
Dec 2017
I am really satisfied with you opinion
I read novel till vol23 and it is fabulous

Best part till this time was volume 10 last fight with sairaorg

Earlier I found animation not too good but at
this time I am really excited about highschool dxd hero!!!
Mar 3, 2018 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
Adityazxzxzx123 said:

Thank you, I really hope it does all the novels, because I hear DxD is on its final arc now.

Also yeah, thats what new animation does sometimes, at first your not used to it, but after time passed it grows on you.
Mar 4, 2018 1:48 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013

This is before^

As for this season...
Them tits changed so much, it's out of proportion far from the novel. There two head size oppai on their chest. It also look kinda look like Maken-ki quality which turn people off.
^I think this is what people upset about.

I still watch it anyway because it finally got another season.
Mar 4, 2018 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
xkazutox said:

This is before^

As for this season...
Them tits changed so much, it's out of proportion far from the novel. There two head size oppai on their chest. It also look kinda look like Maken-ki quality which turn people off.
^I think this is what people upset about.

I still watch it anyway because it finally got another season.
Yeah, but there's one major difference, Maken-Ki was trash because it didn't follow the source material.

High School DxD is back to doing that.
Mar 5, 2018 7:31 AM
Jun 2015
well they are going to adapt one of the best part of the novel that is vol 10 so i hope they do it well, i heard that the author of DxD participated a lot in this season so i think it's gonna follow the original source, they are gonna adpt vol 9 and 10 wish they could adapt vol 11( novel readers know what i'm saying)
Mar 5, 2018 11:13 AM
Mar 2016
Oh shit, another one of this.
Mar 5, 2018 5:42 PM

Nov 2008
Whoahoho said:
Oh shit, another one of this.
Get used to it, at least this one is not where the hating flock too.
Mar 5, 2018 5:47 PM

Sep 2014
The new artstyle looks wayyyy better than the old one cause Asia's ears don't look like fucking Dumbo's.
Mar 5, 2018 6:49 PM
Jun 2012
HollowIchigo58 said:
Adityazxzxzx123 said:

Thank you, I really hope it does all the novels, because I hear DxD is on its final arc now.

Also yeah, thats what new animation does sometimes, at first your not used to it, but after time passed it grows on you.

It is on its final arc in The LN. The arc will be focus around Issei and Vali given the name of the final arc
Mar 5, 2018 7:57 PM

Nov 2008
JetshipperBrett said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

It is on its final arc in The LN. The arc will be focus around Issei and Vali given the name of the final arc
Also fighting against Trihexa or 666 to, im guessing.
Mar 5, 2018 7:58 PM

Jun 2017
I do not care if the designs is more similar to the novels, now they seem typical designs of any harem, Rias looks so stupid..goodbye to my waifu
Mar 5, 2018 7:58 PM

Nov 2008
Elegade said:
The new artstyle looks wayyyy better than the old one cause Asia's ears don't look like fucking Dumbo's.
No they don't, also thats some OCD or ADD thinking right there.
Mar 5, 2018 7:59 PM

Nov 2008
GhoulEto said:
I do not care if the designs is more similar to the novels, now they seem typical designs of any harem, Rias looks so stupid..goodbye to my waifu
Fine we don't need you then, also thats some OCD or ADD thinking right there.
Mar 5, 2018 8:19 PM
Feb 2018
the new designs are very bad :/
Mar 5, 2018 8:46 PM

Nov 2008
FranXANR said:
Like I said a 3rd time, thats some OCD or ADD thinking right there.
Mar 5, 2018 10:00 PM

Sep 2014
HollowIchigo58 said:
Elegade said:

People watch this for the "plot," off course you have to be picky about it. What if aome 350 pound land whale was one of his harems? Hell nah, I'd rather be gay and get a trap.
Mar 5, 2018 11:53 PM
Aug 2013
Yes season 4 finally get to see crimson armour.

I pray everyday to see volume 11 and 12 be animated.

I would be happy to get these volumes animated at least

Those who read the light novel anyone agree?
Mar 6, 2018 1:07 AM

Nov 2008
Elegade said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

People watch this for the "plot," off course you have to be picky about it. What if aome 350 pound land whale was one of his harems? Hell nah, I'd rather be gay and get a trap.
Then that means people are a bunch of shallow idiots that don't pay attention to the story or characters.

Also gay and trap, ew and total shit.
Mar 6, 2018 1:32 AM

Nov 2008
EcchiKnightDarek said:
1) You're talking about art, and NOT animation.
2)It's fucking ugly and I don't give a shit if that makes me a "Not true fan", source material is not some holy cow, it can do wrong and the adaptation can be better. It being close to the source material means shit and does not make a proper argument.
3) Great, I opened the thread hoping to learn something, as always, I am left disappointed.
4) Oh and another homophone, great, what a surprise.
Well to bad, I'm NOT teaching anything, I'm just expressing my excitement and I'm talking about BOTH you fucking idiot

Also I hate assholes that judge something before giving it a chance.

Also like I care about some triggered, cancerous, little snowflake that has trash like Keijo on the favorites.

Oh yeah, I don't even know what Homophone means, nor do I care.
HollowIchigo58Mar 6, 2018 1:38 AM
Mar 6, 2018 1:49 AM
Dec 2017
I must say as long as animation stick to
Light novel it would be good for me

As per my opinion light novels are great till now and I think dxd hero would be at least better than DxD season3.

Saying about art yes it is not as good as I expected but still plot will take it to a good extant but I will love to watch
DxD season 4

For those who do read light novel art will not be a problem for them
Mar 6, 2018 1:52 AM
Dec 2010
tobe2015 said:
Yes season 4 finally get to see crimson armour.

I pray everyday to see volume 11 and 12 be animated.

I would be happy to get these volumes animated at least

Those who read the light novel anyone agree?

Likewise i really want to see Volume 11 & 12 animated, l would be satisfied beyond doubt lets hope Hero does really well so we can get a 5th season.
"Hurt Issei and you've got one hell of a powerful harem pissed off and ready to destroy your very existence"
Mar 6, 2018 6:07 PM
Dec 2017
Yes!!!
Finally confirmed that broadcasting of dxd season 4 will begin from 10april 2018

And yes it's official
Mar 6, 2018 10:53 PM

Nov 2008
Adityazxzxzx123 said:
Yes!!!
Finally confirmed that broadcasting of dxd season 4 will begin from 10april 2018

And yes it's official
Awesome and thanks, though I wish it was the first week instead of the 2nd.
Mar 6, 2018 11:02 PM
Dec 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Adityazxzxzx123 said:
Yes!!!

And yes it's official

I also wish the same
Mar 7, 2018 12:26 AM
Feb 2018
RIP Rias's onee-san vibe I cant see it anymore, she looks like an imouto now :(
Mar 7, 2018 3:07 PM

Nov 2008
Adityazxzxzx123 said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

I also wish the same
Also I can't wait for Issei to become Deoxys from Pokemon.
Mar 9, 2018 7:33 AM

Aug 2017
Animation nah, I don't care till they stick to the source material. Hope they have
The pic rt now has his new Waifu(secondary)😉.
And the best would be vol 11 till 13 where you know, Draig gives us quite a lot of feels.
Really hyped. Don't have any other this year that I have to watch (maybe date a live and danmachi)
Mar 9, 2018 11:52 AM

Nov 2008
Naman_Gupta said:
Animation nah, I don't care till they stick to the source material. Hope they have
And the best would be vol 11 till 13 where you know, Draig gives us quite a lot of feels.
Really hyped. Don't have any other this year that I have to watch (maybe date a live and danmachi)
Yes, thats the main thing that matter's is sticking to the source material.
Mar 9, 2018 12:38 PM

Aug 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Naman_Gupta said:

I'm just hoping the fans don't start rioting and ruin the series due to the art.
Mar 9, 2018 12:43 PM

Nov 2008
Naman_Gupta said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

I'm just hoping the fans don't start rioting and ruin the series due to the art.
Me too, like I said Fairy Tail, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball got different and they turned out okay.
Mar 9, 2018 12:49 PM

Aug 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Naman_Gupta said:

Me too, like I said Fairy Tail, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball got different and they turned out okay.
There fan base is children+adults and shounen genre with op thingy... is more popular(I dislike it). Somebody introduced into animes is recommended that nakama power thing, no one would recommend DxD series to a new watcher
DxD is more of a **cough** Gentleman's **cough** anime, which even though has huge popularity is restricted to ecchi lovers or someone whose not bothered by it(mostly adults).
Mar 9, 2018 1:36 PM

Nov 2008
Naman_Gupta said:
HollowIchigo58 said:
There fan base is children+adults and shounen genre with op thingy... is more popular(I dislike it). Somebody introduced into animes is recommended that nakama power thing, no one would recommend DxD series to a new watcher
DxD is more of a **cough** Gentleman's **cough** anime, which even though has huge popularity is restricted to ecchi lovers or someone whose not bothered by it(mostly adults).
Unfortunately I have to agree with you on that one, though DxD FAR MORE better then Fairy Tail.
Mar 9, 2018 2:05 PM

Aug 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Naman_Gupta said:
Unfortunately I have to agree with you on that one, though DxD FAR MORE better then Fairy Tail.

Again for **cough****cough**Gentlemen's research purpose**cough****cough**
I haven't watched fairy tales for more than two eps. Not my taste so can't comment.
(Spoiler is a big one, open if you've read over 14 volumes)
The novels epic, I've read till vol 17 twice!! And my fav is the talk bw Ophis and Draig when
gave me goosebumps!
Mar 9, 2018 2:51 PM

Nov 2008
Naman_Gupta said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

I haven't watched fairy tales for more than two eps. Not my taste so can't comment.
The novels epic, I've read till vol 17 twice!! And my fav is the talk bw Ophis and Draig when
gave me goosebumps!
I about that, also DxD gets extremely good and epic around Vol. 19 and 20 with Trihexa.

Also I find Issei a far more better Dragon based hero then Natsu because he's better with the ladies, smarter, stronger and have a badass armor.
Mar 9, 2018 3:18 PM

Aug 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Naman_Gupta said:

gave me goosebumps!
I about that, also DxD gets extremely good and epic around Vol. 19 and 20 with Trihexa.

Also I find Issei a far more better Dragon based hero then Natsu because he's better with the ladies, smarter, stronger and have a badass armor.

I have heard about his kids and stuff Plz don't spoil it, I wanna read it and find out myself
Someone also tipped me about the Trihexa fight along with Lucifer (best brother/wingman lol)🤣
Mar 9, 2018 3:26 PM

Nov 2008
Naman_Gupta said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

I have heard about his kids and stuff Plz don't spoil it, I wanna read it and find out myself
Someone also tipped me about the Trihexa fight along with Lucifer (best brother/wingman lol)🤣
Got it, I just wish they would do 24 episodes because there taking forever to catch up with the novels.
Mar 9, 2018 3:45 PM

Aug 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Naman_Gupta said:

Got it, I just wish they would do 24 episodes because there taking forever to catch up with the novels.
let them take it slow. They pretty much destroyed it in season 3 with completely different material after the juggernaut drive. I doubt, they'll change it a bit again as they've already introduced the Tri-queen/Bishop/Knight during the last episode which should be done during cao's arc iirc. Also no introduction of chichigami sama😉(changed Akeno's confession part 😤) and the previous sekiryuuteis interaction for getting the triana was changed with Ajuka's evil piece concept.
Mar 9, 2018 4:25 PM

Nov 2008
Naman_Gupta said:
HollowIchigo58 said:
let them take it slow. They pretty much destroyed it in season 3 with completely different material after the juggernaut drive. I doubt, they'll change it a bit again as they've already introduced the Tri-queen/Bishop/Knight during the last episode which should be done during cao's arc iirc. Also no introduction of chichigami sama😉(changed Akeno's confession part 😤) and the previous sekiryuuteis interaction for getting the triana was changed with Ajuka's evil piece concept.
Thats one of the reasons why they should of gone with 24 episodes, because I felt like Season 3 was really rushed so they get to the The Heroic Oppai Dragon arc more faster.

Though I really enjoyed Season 3 because I got my wishes in it, also got another visual.
HollowIchigo58Mar 9, 2018 4:39 PM
Mar 9, 2018 4:48 PM

Nov 2008
ecchiman404 said:
Uhh, Rias STILL has her Onee-San vibe, I don't know why your bitching about it.

Akeno too.
Mar 9, 2018 5:19 PM

Nov 2008
FranXANR said:
At least its far better then retarded, cartoonish Ash from Pokemon Sun and Moon
HollowIchigo58Mar 9, 2018 6:14 PM
Mar 9, 2018 6:23 PM
Dec 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Naman_Gupta said:
Thats one of the reasons why they should of gone with 24 episodes, because I felt like Season 3 was really rushed so they get to the The Heroic Oppai Dragon arc more faster.

Though I really enjoyed Season 3 because I got my wishes in it, also got another visual.

Seeing that poster I can only guess for 24 episode
First 12 for pandemonium of school trip
Last12 for lion heart of school fest
Mar 9, 2018 6:26 PM

Nov 2008
Adityazxzxzx123 said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

I wish, im hearing there still sticking to the 13 episode format.

2 novels for each season.
Mar 9, 2018 10:24 PM

Aug 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
ecchiman404 said:

Akeno too.

Akeno looks S in the last one 😮
Mar 9, 2018 10:26 PM

Aug 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
FranXANR said:
At least its far better then retarded, cartoonish Ash from Pokemon Sun and Moon
The best art was in XY series.
Mar 9, 2018 10:26 PM

Nov 2008
Naman_Gupta said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

Akeno too.

Akeno looks S in the last one 😮
The both of them do.
Mar 9, 2018 10:29 PM

Aug 2017
Adityazxzxzx123 said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

First arc is the Youkai one and the 2nd ones of the cao cao where he summons Ria's.
Lion's heart will be next season and that might be 24 episodes because the 2volume next to the confession one are pretty much connected(hugely)
Mar 9, 2018 10:32 PM

Aug 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Naman_Gupta said:
The best art was in XY series.
Indeed is was, and the really annoying thing is that HE'S FINALLY OLDER in Sun and Moon.

Really older?? How old🤔. I don't remember anything like that, but yeah out boy got a kiss the last season so he's definitely nearing 16
Mar 9, 2018 10:38 PM

Nov 2008
Naman_Gupta said:
HollowIchigo58 said:
Indeed is was, and the really annoying thing is that HE'S FINALLY OLDER in Sun and Moon.

Really older?? How old🤔. I don't remember anything like that, but yeah out boy got a kiss the last season so he's definitely nearing 16
By one 1 year, 11 years.

Also no kidding, he should be around 17 or 18 now.
Mar 9, 2018 10:40 PM

Aug 2017
HollowIchigo58 said:
Naman_Gupta said:

By one 1 year, 11 years.

The fk, boy's got his 1st k...ki...kiss!! At 11.lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Season 5 Confirmed!!!

Hachii13 - May 3

40 by filthyfrank8142 »»
May 6, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD season 4 art style

DiamondBaka - Dec 7, 2020

27 by Oongbuh »»
Apr 23, 8:02 PM

» Season 5 possibility

Homura24 - Jun 11, 2023

44 by KrishanMCK »»
Mar 29, 7:11 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

74 by ajay173 »»
Mar 8, 1:55 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

99 by EngeLxS »»
Feb 20, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.