Forum Settings
Forums

Focus: As Streaming Booms, China Sees Growing Demand for Japanese Animation

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 18, 2017 12:46 AM
Sep 2011
Hope they adapt their own novel, i long to see Coiling Dragon or Against the God animated. Just not Tale of Demons and Gods i already tired waiting for author to update the novel cause he busy with manwha
May 18, 2017 2:09 AM
May 2017
China market is super large, that's a good news for anime creators.
May 18, 2017 2:32 AM

Jan 2014
China always amaze me.
this is a step forward for China, i hope they adapt their own web novel cause most of their novel are good.
i hope to see their animation in the near future, good luck China!
May 18, 2017 4:20 AM

Apr 2014
Rayrin said:
Please China, just do more Jackie Chan movie and stay the hell away from animation. Your "anime" sucks

I'd have to disagree. Some of their animated movies are really great like Big Fish & Begonia.
May 18, 2017 5:21 AM

Jul 2015
I wish if they create "mychinesecartoonlist" to announce that kind of articles ....

ANIME IS ONLY JAPANESE
May 18, 2017 6:06 AM

Apr 2015
So once Chinese cartoons are a significant real part of Eastern Animation, what joke term will we use then? Mongolian colored skits?
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
May 18, 2017 6:30 AM

Jul 2014
arsonal said:
"If you want anime, you have to produce it in Japan"

Maybe if you're Chinese. Not exactly the most alluring relocation prospect. USA does fine with RWBY and the others.

As we all know, Anime means simply "animation" in Japanese, and not Japanese animation. Hence why Japan gave its industry top award for best anime to Frozen years back.

The quicker the delusion that anime has to be from Japan in the world of misguided elitists ends, the better.
May 18, 2017 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:
I wish if they create "mychinesecartoonlist" to announce that kind of articles ....

ANIME IS ONLY JAPANESE

Red_Tuesday said:
arsonal said:
"If you want anime, you have to produce it in Japan"

Maybe if you're Chinese. Not exactly the most alluring relocation prospect. USA does fine with RWBY and the others.

As we all know, Anime means simply "animation" in Japanese, and not Japanese animation. Hence why Japan gave its industry top award for best anime to Frozen years back.

The quicker the delusion that anime has to be from Japan in the world of misguided elitists ends, the better.

^ Quoting these two because I have to agree with Red_Tuesday on what he pointed out though... anime isn't really like only Japan. And also... again that's not really a bad thing either. It means other countries can join the medium if China is starting to involve more into it, plus more stuff for the "anime" library. How I say it.

CatSoul said:
I'm afraid if they're trying to convince people Chinese animation is worth watching with Bloodivores they're going about it wrong.

Well if you take Bloodivores out, they aren't that bad. I think they are just... there, but they have been more consistent from what I've noticed though.
May 18, 2017 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
@Symphyon
i didnt say is a bad thing
i'm pretty sure they can make a decent stories , (they will never surpass japanesse voice acting though)
i just wanted to say this site should countain only informations about anime
and by the definition " anime is used to refer specifically to animation from Japan"
korean/chinese/americain cartoons are not supposed to be here
May 18, 2017 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
tragedydesu said:
@Symphyon
i'm pretty sure they can make a decent stories , (they will never surpass japanesse voice acting though)
and by the definition " anime is used to refer specifically to animation from Japan"

No I didn't meant you said it was a bad thing I was more referring to the other comments, sorry if I didn't clarified. Again sorry.

And I don't really see a problem with having chinese shows in here in all honesty. True they should have a different "section" where it separates Japan and Chinese production shows, but I really don't see an issue when it comes to entries over here. Then again, that's just how I see it.
May 27, 2017 4:30 AM

Dec 2013
Symphyon said:
tragedydesu said:
@Symphyon

No I didn't meant you said it was a bad thing I was more referring to the other comments, sorry if I didn't clarified. Again sorry.

And I don't really see a problem with having chinese shows in here in all honesty. True they should have a different "section" where it separates Japan and Chinese production shows, but I really don't see an issue when it comes to entries over here. Then again, that's just how I see it.

To build off this ideal, MAL should embrace the diversity of Eastern animation in general. MAL should become a hub of ASIAN animation and drawn media, not just a hub of JAPANESE media. MAL already serves as a key platform for the anime community. I look forward to seeing how the site grows alongside the new industry trends.
May 27, 2017 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
LilGreasyKid said:
Symphyon said:

To build off this ideal, MAL should embrace the diversity of Eastern animation in general. MAL should become a hub of ASIAN animation and drawn media, not just a hub of JAPANESE media. MAL already serves as a key platform for the anime community. I look forward to seeing how the site grows alongside the new industry trends.

Which in all honesty I'm all for that to be fair. Having the Chinese shows here would expand the library the site already has in a sense and yeah despite the quality it doesn't matter much I guess, at the end of the day I think it just means other people can select stuff from other countries. Besides... anime isn't really ONLY a Japan exclusive thing if I can be completely honest.
May 27, 2017 7:57 AM

Nov 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:
Can someone explain this in 1 sentence pls? I'm not a fan of reading a novel.
Chinese Communists are trying to infiltrate the Japanese anime market and make anime Communist again

"ching chong ping pong, seize control of the means of production with me, ling-kun"
May 28, 2017 12:10 AM

May 2013
They can keep the Chinese cartoons, although i am happy for their animation industry, i'll stick to the "same stories every time" Japanese ones.

"one episode of Gintama sells for approximately US$100,000" Is this true? The Gintama people must be so rich

arsonal said:

Anime has a different meaning in English, it means animation from Japan, it's not at all misguided elitism.
bhaktivinodaMay 28, 2017 12:13 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 56 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
56 minutes ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

3 by VittoCheri »»
2 hours ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

17 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
3 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Awajima Hyakkei' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - Yesterday

2 by notPara »»
Yesterday, 8:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.