Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 53 54 [55] 56 »
Jan 9, 2017 12:51 AM

Jan 2008
Bursama said:
Kit said:
oh, bursama had insider information (after death) on there being a hitman in the game. i take back my prediction genius comment. but still would have been better than "hah! i knew they were town even though i didn't try to stop the lynch at all" lucian #salt

"your counting buddy betraying you ?"
"Yeah, I got this feeling that he was pocketing me early on."

Hah, I thought the same thing XD

:(

Though, tbh, had I not known that there was a neutral hitman, I would've thought Rosie was a 1-shot vig for her comment about "do we know if people die at night who was killed by mafia?".

Also, I'm happy that I was correct in my D3 read of Phraze/Penta/Sithis. :P
I hope you will play in more mafia society games :3

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 9, 2017 12:59 AM

Nov 2008
Togs said:
Well it was directly intended as an anti-town 3rd party, it was essentially meant to be like an "extra" partial mafia member (since they only had 3 members in a 15 player game). This is part of another reason I like hitman as a role, you can kind of control who it targets which also helps to reduce swingyness in game balancing.

The way things played out with the hitman was the worst way possible for town however, with them killing a townie and not overlapping with the nk, and even then the town needed 4 mislynches before they lost. So I think in terms of faction balance we were okay.

As for the flavor thing I have to admit you're right, it must have felt really frustrating for you to be killed for flavor claiming since you were never told that it would be bad if you were to do it. But honestly it was just really unlucky that you happened to be the exact one target Rosie had to kill when you did that, the odds were actually really low : / Our reasoning for having flavor targets was pretty much this, that it was completely random who would be flavorclaiming, unless the hitman tried to force a claim. But you do have a point that it ended up punishing you for something you didn't know not to do. I think maybe in the future it would be better to either give the targets a warning, or use player names rather than role names to avoid this kind of situation.
Oh yeah, it is actually okay to have it anti-town tpr. It is like an executioner but can night kill.

The reason I flavour claimed is because I am Vanilla Town. I wanted to tank a night kill if I let everyone know that I am Kyon. After all, he is the main character so it gives a lot of incentive to tank the kill for the night. That would have been my first move if I start the game because I know I am expendable.

If you made flavour claim prohibited, you would probably see Rosie killing since N1. I mean, that's the reason why the TPR has no limited shots, right? People will become alerted with an SK on the loose. Rosie did the best move by just laying low and wait for their targets to either get lynched or nightkilled or when they actually claim their character.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 9, 2017 1:10 AM

Nov 2008
Grapefruit21 said:
Sorry everyone, I'm way behind took the ferry and went touristing today. I know that sucks we for everyone because the game hinges on me and the town hidden in Phraze/Sithis. I'm trying to get caught up this evening. Will have a substantive post soon.
Man, I wish I was in your position. I would have been the dictator and the one calling the shots since you are confirmed town.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 9, 2017 1:43 AM

Oct 2011
Togs said:
Also worth noting this was the first time I ever made rolecards for a game, there were really simple but I had a lot of fun doing it ^^ I will definitely work on my technique to improve for next time and hopefully be able to make some that look more professional.
hehe glad u enjoyed making them *sends my gfx addiction to u via telepathy* xD
And one more thing, I am starting to wonder exactly with the recent string of quickhammer ending games what exactly the purpose of lynch lock is. The reason Cross and I have been including it is a carryover from other Mafia sites we played in where majority lynching was the main that is usually used. I know lynch locking is supposed to be to speed up games when the town has made their mind or something, but all that really happens with it is it makes deadlines go out of sync and enables scum to quickhammer.. With the 48h phases on this site I don't think it's as needed and I feel like I want to experiment on games without it in the future.
oooohh thanks for reminding me~ I'm also curious what's the good of majority lynches. it seems like an antitown mechanic all the way? someone tell me how it works out for town x.x

Jan 9, 2017 1:43 AM

Nov 2008
@Sonata I totally believed you man. It takes a faking townie to know someone faking townie... I wish you posted more so I can save you discreetly. I was scared to pull another shenanigans because I already lied for myself. I could not risk lying for your sake and get myself lynched in the process...

Jan 9, 2017 1:49 AM

Dec 2016
Holy crap I was so far behind I didn't realize the game was over. Still (slowly) catching up can't wait to debreif.
Jan 9, 2017 1:52 AM

Nov 2008
Phraze said:
oooohh thanks for reminding me~ I'm also curious what's the good of majority lynches. it seems like an antitown mechanic all the way? someone tell me how it works out for town x.x
Majority lynch helps move the game faster. In a full active game(which is never), it is very difficult for scum to quickhammer. A quick lynch will have town have the rest of the day discussing about the lynch. But yeah, there should be a special rule during lylo that it is no longer majority lynch due to the enormous advantage mafias can get.

Imagine a 2 town, 1 mafia scenario. 1 wrong vote and the mafia will instantly hammer it to end the game. No more pressure votes.

If someone wants to be more of a scumbag, stalk the player's timezone and quickhammer it when they are sleeping around that time. Especially when a day phase has more than 24 hours in it. xDD

Jan 9, 2017 2:09 AM

Oct 2011
DenjaX said:
Phraze said:
Majority lynch helps move the game faster. In a full active game(which is never), it is very difficult for scum to quickhammer. A quick lynch will have town have the rest of the day discussing about the lynch. But yeah, there should be a special rule during lylo that it is no longer majority lynch due to the enormous advantage mafias can get.

Imagine a 2 town, 1 mafia scenario. 1 wrong vote and the mafia will instantly hammer it to end the game. No more pressure votes.

If someone wants to be more of a scumbag, stalk the player's timezone and quickhammer it when they are sleeping around that time. Especially when a day phase has more than 24 hours in it. xDD
in some cases like Nanatsu, mafia was in lylo so it kinda made an advantage for them as well. feels unfair to the losing side with majority lynches I guess...
errmmm but I wasn't a scumbag. waiting for rep and tried him out at least xD tho I think the stalling annoyed my buds lel

Jan 9, 2017 2:18 AM

Nov 2008
Phraze said:
in some cases like Nanatsu, mafia was in lylo so it kinda made an advantage for them as well. feels unfair to the losing side with majority lynches I guess...
errmmm but I wasn't a scumbag. waiting for rep and tried him out at least xD tho I think the stalling annoyed my buds lel
Not sure what you are getting at but there was no lylo in the Nanatsu game. xDD

Jan 9, 2017 2:31 AM

Apr 2014
Gruffin said:
PentaFlare said:
This actually happens to me way too much >.<
Mostly with Skype mafia because I rarely ever win forum mafia
If I win, nobody trusts anything I say next game
Lol, I'll still trust you. I'll just be paranoid the entire time. xD

Never trust Penta espically when he claims cop that is his go to fakeclaim.
Jan 9, 2017 2:54 AM

Dec 2016
Well first off gg to the scum team, I was lost in the woods and completely befuddled by you.

Second thanks to Crossbell for recruiting me over play, I had an absolute blast and this was a great group for a first game of forum mafia.

On that same note @logic340 it was a blast being in the mason bunker with you and was the best way I could imagine being introduced to the game. Also your reads were miles better than mine so taking notes will help me to not be a total noob next time around.

To the town in general I played a pretty bad game and helped lead some bad lynches and I'm sorry. Plus I went afk when I was conf town and in a massive position of power. Not going to play another till I can dedicate more time and not be on vacation. So yeah sorry about my play feel like we could have maybe won that one if I'd played D4 better.

As for actual analysis I went into D4 in Pentas pocket with Kit. Was convinced Gruff and Lucian were scum. Was leaning towards Sithis but wasn't sure. I had been incepted by the whole Sithis and phraze aren't scum together idea.

By the end of D4 I was 100% sure Lucian/Kasai was town because scum Lucian would have likely: A coasted to victory and relied on scum team and B realized I was confirmed town from his scum team. It would have help that Kasai's posts were very townie but I didn't really see those because I was at apart from two completely un caught up, caught up apologies. Don't think it would have mattered though because for whatever reason I wanted to prod kit before Penta. I think it was because I found them both scummy, but was still completely fooled by Pentas claim. So yeah.

Lastly @Sonata I took some potshots at you in the night phase after the lynch and I feel bad about it. I'm a competitive guy and came into this game thinking I was cool as because I led mafia games for 10 year olds as a camp counselor and read up and knew the internet terminology. But I was being that hotshot college grad who comes in and is a know it all who is just insufferable to be around. Didn't see myself doing it at the time but I see it now. I'm sorry I was being a huge dick not just to you, but especially to you.

Anyways gg everyone thanks for the awesome game. Thanks to the mods for running a tight ship! Looking forward to reading secret chats and playing with you all next time!
Jan 9, 2017 2:55 AM

Dec 2016
DenjaX said:
Grapefruit21 said:
Sorry everyone, I'm way behind took the ferry and went touristing today. I know that sucks we for everyone because the game hinges on me and the town hidden in Phraze/Sithis. I'm trying to get caught up this evening. Will have a substantive post soon.
Man, I wish I was in your position. I would have been the dictator and the one calling the shots since you are confirmed town.

I know huge wasted opportunity. I started off trying to do it then vacation got in the way and I was confused as crap anyway so that wasn't helping.
Jan 9, 2017 2:56 AM

Oct 2011
DenjaX said:
Phraze said:
Not sure what you are getting at but there was no lylo in the Nanatsu game. xDD
Ruu/Coro were caught in Nanatsu. at least Ruu had some time to fight the train a bit cuz no majority lynch.. >.>

Jan 9, 2017 2:57 AM

Jan 2015
Phraze said:
Kasai said:
So what do you think? Are you happy with your results? Or was I a toughnut ( although most likely not the case)
that time I voted u, I wanted to see if u would react and maybe turn the votes against me instead trying to start a fight lol would've liked to see u pressure me or something. good game from u tho, couldn't pocket u much, and if we waited it out I might not have succeeded. Kit was scummy so u might have gone for her eventually, but we might've outted outselves >~>
lol you expected me to vote you back because you voted me? Thats like mafia 101 you dont vote omgus. I might not look like it but I am almost playing for 2 years now there was no way I would have done that unless I found some evidence pointing you were scum
Jan 9, 2017 3:05 AM

Jan 2015
DenjaX said:
Grapefruit21 said:

Remember that happening in a game we were together..... we lost that game.
Jan 9, 2017 3:21 AM

Oct 2011
Kasai said:
Phraze said:
that time I voted u, I wanted to see if u would react and maybe turn the votes against me instead trying to start a fight lol would've liked to see u pressure me or something. good game from u tho, couldn't pocket u much, and if we waited it out I might not have succeeded. Kit was scummy so u might have gone for her eventually, but we might've outted outselves >~>
lol you expected me to vote you back because you voted me? Thats like mafia 101 you dont vote omgus. I might not look like it but I am almost playing for 2 years now there was no way I would have done that unless I found some evidence pointing you were scum
XD going around the OMGUS near endgame would've been a great finish. scum would've cracked with that pressure. and who knows, u could've pinned some scummy evidence on me in that commotion. it tells alot about what scum were trying to do, especially if town repped out without the hammer. sleeping it off was a bad idea..

Jan 9, 2017 3:33 AM

Dec 2016
Gruffin said:
Reading the Mason Chat:
>"Fruffin"
>"!scruffin"
>"!Gruftown
lol

We spent so much time and effort trying to figure you out. And by we I mean I kept making logic second guess himself because I was all over the place. And it was all to no avail because when I finally went in with you I zeroed in on the one town out of four. Great scum hunting instincts I've got.
Jan 9, 2017 4:11 AM

Nov 2008
Phraze said:
Ruu/Coro were caught in Nanatsu. at least Ruu had some time to fight the train a bit cuz no majority lynch.. >.>
yeee but it wasn't lylo though. Town could hammer it early if they are very sure whos scum. Majority lynch can be useful like that to stop delaying the inevitable xDD

Kasai said:
Remember that happening in a game we were together..... we lost that game.
Wait. What game was it? xDD Too many games lost that I don't know which one you are referring to.

Jan 9, 2017 4:27 AM

Oct 2011
DenjaX said:
yeee but it wasn't lylo though. Town could hammer it early if they are very sure whos scum. Majority lynch can be useful like that to stop delaying the inevitable xDD
ohh I see. guess majority lynch helped in that case. rare one tho

Jan 9, 2017 4:29 AM

Oct 2011
Jackrito said:

umm Penta rly was cop in CCS tho. I would've fell for that if I was town this time o.o;

Jan 9, 2017 4:50 AM

Apr 2014
Phraze said:
Jackrito said:

umm Penta rly was cop in CCS tho. I would've fell for that if I was town this time o.o;

It was not the only reason they are others
Jan 9, 2017 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
@Togs @Crossbell @SoulEaterQUEEN Thanks for the game! It was fun :D
And thanks to everyone who played too ^^
Jan 9, 2017 5:23 AM

Jan 2010
Good morning everyone!! GG everyone, sure the scum team won and though I do not like defeat it wouldn't have been fun without you all. My last game had me a little down and drawing the mason role really energized me. It was so much fun being able to share my true thoughts. If I ever draw this role again I can think of so many better ways to use it the towns advantage but it was fun learning it on the go. I definitely need to learn more about roles I go into these games blind...time to do some Mafia research.

Hots:
@Togs @Crossbell and @SoulEaterQUEEN Thank you guys for hosting and creating such an entertaining game. This was truly an epic game for me. I am glad that you guys found it entertaining and I look forward to your next endeavor as hosts. I also would very much like to play again with you all soon.

Scum/Mafia
@PentaFlare - I think at one point in my club chat I said I though you had pocketed me. We had some mind meldy moments there, I need to stop letting people skate by for thinking like me (DenjaX in NnT). You played a great game and though you fooled most of us for the majority of the game had I been able to articulate my Chione/Penta comparison better things may be different. That being said I think you are very deserving of MVP this game. I hope that I can be a deep wolf like you one day when I role scum.

@Phraze - you really have no tells. You fooled me good this game but in the end I got stuck on Sithis/Phraze cannot be scum together. I usually look at both sides and I refused to in this situation. Learning lesson learned. I always enjoy our games together. See you in the next game lets catch scum together this time.

@Lord_Sithihs - I feel like I should have got you for acting Hirugashi with us this game. Phraze did go in hard on you but when I finally thought Phraze was scum I used that information to clear you.

Scum team you did an amazing job. Congrats on achieving your win condition

Third Party
@Oyasumi_Rosie - I had no idea there would be a third party I never even though of the possibility. I must say you did your thing. I am not even mad at you for taking your win when the opportunity presented itself. Sorry if I was a little hard on you their but your presence after Kyon's claim D3 makes so much more sense now. Congratulations on winning.

Town:
@Grapefruit21 - It was a pleasure playing with you. Don't be too hard on yourself you did great for your first Forum Mafia game. A little more collaboration on our part would have done wonders but I don't think we can be too mad at ourselves. We tried really hard the scum team was just really good.

@aa-dono - We didn't get much interaction this game but I was able to town read you off of it. I hope all is well with you and look forward to figuring you out again in our next game.

@Soren - It's always a pleasure to play with you. We have been town together every time but you never make it easy to figure you out. I am looking forward to our next game together, I'll be sure to put the Burden of Prophecy on you....lol.

@Kit - Our town streak together lives on. It's always a blast playing with you and now you have been lynched before me :'( though I probably would have been guilty of leading a lynch on you. One thing I have noticed is that Scum usually pick a tonwnie to buddy with. In every game but NnT I picked the town instead of the scum for the scums actions and this game was you instead of Penta. I hope we role scum together, but I am aiming for Cross 20+ game streak as town.

@Gruffin - Your change in play was very noticeable. It was definitely a new wrinkle in for a player I already find hard to read. I really felt you were scum in the early going, even into D2 when you voted Bursama for no reason. I definitely have some work to do in sorting you expect that early next game.

@Bursama - Every game I have played there is someone who challenges my way of approaching the game. They do something so extreme that is shakes what I believe is Town and Scum. You and @Sonata were no different this time around. The way you handled your lynch train and your transparent nature will definitely give me more pause next time I run into a similar situation.

@Sonata - I tried to save you I really did but Penta wasn't letting Sithis get lynched. That quick-hammer was crazy but through it I couldn't see scum intentions you have greatly helped me in understanding player motive in mafia so I thank you. Don't be too hard on yourself these games are all about having a good time.

@DenjaX - Our third game now and I can you bring a certain energy to the game. It's always a pleasurable experience. I cannot wait until the next time we get segregation duties together. I really feel that with your tactics that the Mason would have been a great role for you. Hopefully on day you will get to try it out for yourself. Good job on that whole Penta things your tactics are ridiculous.

@lucnory I mean @LucianRoy - You have also challenged the way I look at the game. I thank you for it, your game was very hard to read but honestly I could see a lot of town motive behind it. I think you playful nature makes you come across as arrogant at time but that is for us the other player to figure out. I hope life treats you well see you around.

@Mishukax - Thank for that all day RVS...lol. It was a pleasure to play with you again and thank you for hosting the game that introduced me to the wonderful world of mafia. May we achieve our shared win condition next time.

@_0x40_ - I know we didn't have much time together but I liked what I saw from your early game. I hope we get to play sometime in the future.

@Kasai - We didn't get to play together but from what I have seen I hope we get a chance to play together in the near future.

Great Game everyone!!! I lived, I lost, I learned. I will come back stronger and more polished. Looking forward to playing with you all again. It's about time to
logic340Jan 9, 2017 5:38 AM
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jan 9, 2017 5:32 AM

Oct 2011
Jackrito said:
Phraze said:

hmm gotta keep in mind. Penta isn't the kind of player I can read easily. uses mechanics alot and I fail at that x.x

Jan 9, 2017 5:37 AM

Jan 2010
So just wanted to note that looking at the behavior of people in previous games has really given a good idea of who people were in this game.
_0x40_ - His late game play felt a lot like KOta/Karote (town) from great Terror game to me.
Sonata - Had that Astros D1 lynch mentality I have also seen this mentality from KOta (both were town)
PentaFlare - Town game was too good and I called him our for it, I got the same feeling from Chione in Great Terror and even made the comparison in this (Both scum).
Lord_Sithis - His scum was pretty much the same as Hirugashi. So much so his own scum partner called him our for it. I tried to lynch him D3.

I will be paying close attention to behavior of people who were town in the future. Every game provides something new to learn.

Jan 9, 2017 5:49 AM

Oct 2011
logic340 said:
@Phraze - you really have no tells. You fooled me good this game but in the end I got stuck on Sithis/Phraze cannot be scum together. I usually look at both sides and I refused to in this situation. Learning lesson learned. I always enjoy our games together. See you in the next game lets catch scum together this time.
......I will make up for this by playing differently every time... catch me if u can~
but yes, I always enjoy games with u. wanna see us roll scum together eventually, it'll be great! btw I do make a great catch as scum haha

and Lucnaory Soren never ceases to amaze XD

Jan 9, 2017 5:59 AM

Aug 2012
logic340 said:
@aa-dono - We didn't get much interaction this game but I was able to town read you off of it. I hope all is well with you and look forward to figuring you out again in our next game.

ahaha~ thank you. I'm sorry I couldn't be more active. I made the mistake (yet another) of overestimating my own energy level. I didn't intend to leave midway though. That's why I didn't say a word about me asking for replacement. Sorry that it came to that since I promised a read T_T

I regret tunneling after Lucian the whole time, though happy I noticed that off vibe Penta gave off while at it. A little sad that I didn't have the time to make a case against it.

And thanks @DenjaX for agreeing to replace me very fast :)
That back forth thing with Penta excites me a bit, made me wonder if Penta is really cop but then I remembered my original plan the night before and why I thought Penta was scum~
Anyway, you're probably worthy of Kyon more than me T______T

@Gruffin I will never tell you why I townread you muahahahahaha

Jan 9, 2017 6:00 AM

Aug 2012
@logic340 eh what? you townread me? hmm~ I used to hate being scumread, but after sometime, I took pride being a hard to read person. but eh... looks like I have to work harder :'D

Jan 9, 2017 6:05 AM

Jan 2010
aa-dono said:
@logic340 eh what? you townread me? hmm~ I used to hate being scumread, but after sometime, I took pride being a hard to read person. but eh... looks like I have to work harder :'D
I did a write up on you and accidentally deleted it. Here is what I told my Mason partner right after that happened:
@Grapefruit21 I was doing a read on aa-dono accidentally hit cancel and lost everything....smh. Anyway I am feeling pretty townie about their responses there just aren't enough of them for me to say definitively. I really like her stance on Penta, Lucian, and Kit. If dono is NK'd it's going to be interesting to see what those 2 have to say about it since they are her lead suspects and i don't think many picked up on the post where dono gave her reads. I haven't found a post highlighting why she town reads griffin but if she lives i will push on her for that. I feel pretty good about dono after reading through what she has done. She probably has a power role since she is playing kind of safe even though her reads are not that safe (imo).

I want to look at Penta next.

Jan 9, 2017 6:48 AM

Apr 2014
Phraze said:
Jackrito said:

hmm gotta keep in mind. Penta isn't the kind of player I can read easily. uses mechanics alot and I fail at that x.x

They are some slight tells but won't say out of respect to Penta.
Jan 9, 2017 7:40 AM

May 2012
Grapefruit21 said:
We spent so much time and effort trying to figure you out. And by we I mean I kept making logic second guess himself because I was all over the place. And it was all to no avail because when I finally went in with you I zeroed in on the one town out of four. Great scum hunting instincts I've got.
logic340 said:
@Gruffin - Your change in play was very noticeable. It was definitely a new wrinkle in for a player I already find hard to read. I really felt you were scum in the early going, even into D2 when you voted Bursama for no reason. I definitely have some work to do in sorting you expect that early next game.
All according to plan. >:) I love being hard to read.

aa-dono said:
Why must you torture me so? ;-;
Jan 9, 2017 7:58 AM

Oct 2011
Jackrito said:
Phraze said:

yeah everyone got their trade secrets. I lose to mechanical players tho, that's a fact idm disclosing.

Jan 9, 2017 8:15 AM

Jan 2010
Gruffin said:
Grapefruit21 said:
logic340 said:
All according to plan. >:) I love being hard to read.

aa-dono said:
Why must you torture me so? ;-;
One of these days Guffin I will figure you out...lol. Great game though definitely kept me on my toes.

Can you all imagine Grape and my surprise when we were leading the Vote right out of RVS....lol.

Jan 9, 2017 9:55 AM

May 2013
Starting to understand Phraze some more. I think. Though she'll definitely do some kind of confusing thing next game and I'll be lost.
I was biased towards protecting Sithis because they've often been an easy mislynch and I wasn't liking the accusations on them D1, I wanted to keep them in the game, but next time I should really listen to what other people think.
Couldn't figure Penta out, their actions were scummy (always voted on final lynch target) but their words were townie. They're pretty new to me mafia-game-wise, I'll pay more attention to them next time because they were a very active player this time around and I wasn't expecting that.

Also congrats to Rosie, I chuckled when Denja died and Rosie's targets were revealed.
logic340 said:
@Mishukax - Thank for that all day RVS...lol. It was a pleasure to play with you again and thank you for hosting the game that introduced me to the wonderful world of mafia. May we achieve our shared win condition next time.

Sorry if you ended up fixated on Kit because of my late-phase vote, I actually really thought Kit was mafia except near the very end of the game so yeah, especially with the NK which prevented me from explaining myself, my moves ended up being pretty detrimental for town, I'll try something else next game. That persistent vote on you didn't give me much besides a slight scumread on Gruffin... who ended up town. And let's catch scum together next time.

Is that all you have to say about my PERFECT town game?! What a disappointment!
(I'm kidding) (:3)
Thank you very much for hosting + @Crossbell, I enjoy basic games a lot.
Jan 9, 2017 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
logic340 said:
Lord_Sithis - His scum was pretty much the same as Hirugashi. So much so his own scum partner called him our for it. I tried to lynch him D3.
Indeed. But in the Higurashi game it was because of inactivity, here it was because I wasn't really motivated to read through 700 posts for 3 hours. Well, I contributed to my team in some way.
Jan 9, 2017 11:46 AM

Jan 2008
Grapefruit21 said:
Well first off gg to the scum team, I was lost in the woods and completely befuddled by you.

Second thanks to Crossbell for recruiting me over play, I had an absolute blast and this was a great group for a first game of forum mafia.

On that same note @logic340 it was a blast being in the mason bunker with you and was the best way I could imagine being introduced to the game. Also your reads were miles better than mine so taking notes will help me to not be a total noob next time around.

To the town in general I played a pretty bad game and helped lead some bad lynches and I'm sorry. Plus I went afk when I was conf town and in a massive position of power. Not going to play another till I can dedicate more time and not be on vacation. So yeah sorry about my play feel like we could have maybe won that one if I'd played D4 better.

As for actual analysis I went into D4 in Pentas pocket with Kit. Was convinced Gruff and Lucian were scum. Was leaning towards Sithis but wasn't sure. I had been incepted by the whole Sithis and phraze aren't scum together idea.

By the end of D4 I was 100% sure Lucian/Kasai was town because scum Lucian would have likely: A coasted to victory and relied on scum team and B realized I was confirmed town from his scum team. It would have help that Kasai's posts were very townie but I didn't really see those because I was at apart from two completely un caught up, caught up apologies. Don't think it would have mattered though because for whatever reason I wanted to prod kit before Penta. I think it was because I found them both scummy, but was still completely fooled by Pentas claim. So yeah.

Lastly @Sonata I took some potshots at you in the night phase after the lynch and I feel bad about it. I'm a competitive guy and came into this game thinking I was cool as because I led mafia games for 10 year olds as a camp counselor and read up and knew the internet terminology. But I was being that hotshot college grad who comes in and is a know it all who is just insufferable to be around. Didn't see myself doing it at the time but I see it now. I'm sorry I was being a huge dick not just to you, but especially to you.

Anyways gg everyone thanks for the awesome game. Thanks to the mods for running a tight ship! Looking forward to reading secret chats and playing with you all next time!
Don't be too hard on yourself, I think you did great! You were so good that multiple people were convinced this wasn't your first game, after all XD I'd love to play with you again ^^ I remember you saying you're from another board, I hope you stay on Mafia Society too~

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 9, 2017 12:14 PM

Jan 2008
logic340 said:
@Kit - Our town streak together lives on. It's always a blast playing with you and now you have been lynched before me :'( though I probably would have been guilty of leading a lynch on you. One thing I have noticed is that Scum usually pick a tonwnie to buddy with. In every game but NnT I picked the town instead of the scum for the scums actions and this game was you instead of Penta. I hope we role scum together, but I am aiming for Cross 20+ game streak as town.
Hehe we are forever town. I have fun playing with you as well, I think we are sort foils for each other XD When I told Gruffin arguing is a bonding experience I was thinking of you :b I am always torn between listening to other people, and trusting myself. Sometimes if I don't trust myself I get manipulated by scum (CCL) and sometimes if I trust myself too much I stop listening to reason (this game) @_@ it's a hard balance. I think next time I should try listening to your POV more ^^ sorry for being so frustrating heh

Jan 9, 2017 2:40 PM

Aug 2014
aa-dono said:
Congrats scum~

@PentaFlare is this where you restore your 'always scum' legend? :'D

No thank you. Always being scum is a curse
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 9, 2017 3:00 PM

May 2013
Lord_Sithis said:
Indeed. But in the Higurashi game it was because of inactivity, here it was because I wasn't really motivated to read through 700 posts for 3 hours. Well, I contributed to my team in some way.

That's actually one of the reasons I townread you - people were scumreading you for the same reasons as when you were scum but when you were caught in Higurashi is was mostly luck for town because you were unable to be active anyway.
Jan 9, 2017 3:09 PM

Aug 2014
DenjaX said:
@PentaFlare I usually like it when you play a master scum because you know your game and it gives me the challenge to solve but I hate it when I get a master scum game and you as town is being lazy/AFK the entire time... Why u do this, man? It wont make me savour the win at all...

Which game are you referring to? The only ones I remember being inactive in were Clow Cards Mayhem to an extent and The Great Terror. I remember you totally playing me in the Pokemon game, but that is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head.

@Togs Thanks! I really liked the game and the set-up plus the flavour was fun to read, even when you ran out of time it still gave me a chuckle. The interesting set-up combined with my time off school let me put in a bunch of effort into this game. It was lots of fun.

It seems my scum game is more townlike than my town game. :P
I keep getting mislynched as town but have survived my last two scum games. Guess my town game needs work.

The Hitman was a cool role. I think this is my first time seeing it in a forum mafia game. I like it, which makes sense considering my obsession for third party roles with many possible approaches to their win condition (and the fact that I put tons of third party roles in every main game I create).
Jan 9, 2017 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
Jackrito said:
Gruffin said:
Lol, I'll still trust you. I'll just be paranoid the entire time. xD

That or Redirecting Virgin :P

I do use cop as a fakeclaim a lot though, mostly because I roll cop so much as town that I know how to act from a cop mindset. I probably fakeclaim it about as much as I roll it though.
Jan 9, 2017 3:20 PM

Aug 2014
logic340 said:
PentaFlare - Town game was too good and I called him our for it, I got the same feeling from Chione in Great Terror and even made the comparison in this (Both scum).

I'm not sure how similar my scum game is to Chione's, but our town games are definitely different. I'm a little crazy while she is still a voice of reason. :P
Jan 9, 2017 3:23 PM

Aug 2014
Jackrito said:
Phraze said:

I don't even know what they are :P
I know what my old tells were from when I had the really big streak of only getting scum, but I've changed my scum play since then. Those tells were too obvious.
Jan 9, 2017 3:43 PM

May 2013

I have to say though, Penta came off as scummy in this x) if it wasn't for my general townread on them they would be a big mafread.
Jan 9, 2017 4:45 PM

Nov 2008
PentaFlare said:
Which game are you referring to? The only ones I remember being inactive in were Clow Cards Mayhem to an extent and The Great Terror. I remember you totally playing me in the Pokemon game, but that is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head.
There were a couple of them actually. There was beginners, yes the Pokemon game, Favourites game too. We were never scum together. I gave you my full 100% against you but you just afked on me... It hurts yknow. xDD

Jan 9, 2017 5:58 PM

Aug 2014
DenjaX said:
PentaFlare said:
There were a couple of them actually. There was beginners, yes the Pokemon game, Favourites game too. We were never scum together. I gave you my full 100% against you but you just afked on me... It hurts yknow. xDD

Well, I hosted the Beginners game and got repped out of Favourites during the confirmation stage because I was hospitalized, so neither of those were against me :P

Plus, I rolled scum in Favourites before I was repped out
Jan 9, 2017 7:52 PM

Nov 2008
PentaFlare said:
Well, I hosted the Beginners game and got repped out of Favourites during the confirmation stage because I was hospitalized, so neither of those were against me :P

Plus, I rolled scum in Favourites before I was repped out
Wait. You did not host that beginners game. o.o I swear you were town. I don't think I mixed them up. xDD

Also, you were town in Favorites xDD We rekt your replacer.

Jan 9, 2017 10:11 PM

Oct 2011
@Mishukax
Starting to understand Phraze some more. I think. Though she'll definitely do some kind of confusing thing next game and I'll be lost.
come to think of it tho, u seen me in all the game variations here... glad I still confuse u tho xD

@Grapefruit21
a wise guy once said this vvvv
my best advice if you don't know what to do when you're scum is to think about it less. You seem like me where you hyperanalsye yourself to the point where you think everything you're saying is wrong and in mafia you cant be wrong so knock that off sir.
it isn't about how right u are. scum just managed to talk town out of suspecting them. u did a great job with the way u didn't sway to opinion. weren't for my arguing, u would've rly suspecting me.

Jan 9, 2017 11:10 PM

Jan 2016
Postgame Comments

What worked:
Good modding
General role design
Anti-modgaming and flavorgaming measures

What didn't work:
Deadline stuff
Pushed the limits of a basic game
Flavor
Lynch-lock system?

Togs already covered most of what I wanted to say about the setup, so let me just talk a little more in-depth about the things we could have done better + my comments on the play.

The deadline was changed awkwardly because of the lynch-lock system and that was pretty unintuitive and something we should probably change in the future. Speaking of which, a majority of players didn't seem to like the lynch-lock system and that's something we will definitely change. Speaking personally, I like it because it shortens up Days and forces the town to vote, but most people don't like how it can be used to quickhammer, and I sympathize with those people.

This is the second time where we skimped on flavor because of time reasons and that's something I am still looking to fix. I think I'll just pre-write flavor probably because getting it updated all in time is a pain.

As for the play, I think that Phraze and Sithis did an excellent job of staying under the nose of the town and pointing suspicion at other people. PentaFlare did a great job power wolfing and forcing his worldview on the other townies in lylo. Also the night actions were really key - the rolecop checking two power roles basically allowed the scum team to control the game, and the jailors couldn't get any relevant protects or blocks.

As for the town's play, there were a couple of errors that I believe cost them the game, even though I predicted they would win (Logic, grapefruit as masons were very strong, and Gruffin/Kit could also be potentially strong town players. Soren's town play goes without explanation).

1. Bursama not defending himself and accepting the lynch was not very good. I thought Bur was playing very well for his first time on MAL - he was game-solving and townreading townies while pressuring the scum. Once logic posted his case he kind of threw in the towel. While I respect that there are times where you probably should throw in the towel, you shouldn't just accept your lynch and self-vote.

If you're town, then you KNOW you're town, and you should try to push for any lynch that isn't you because that lynch has a chance of flipping scum. Plus, accepting your lynch makes it super easy for the scum to hop onto your wagon because they can easily justify it. If you push and fight against your lynch, then you force any townies to re-evaluate and you become a harder lynch to push by scum. I firmly believe that if Bursama defended himself strongly and presented an alternate candidate to lynch, town would have been on a better track.

2. Sonata falseclaiming I think really set the game in stone for the last two lynches since it distracted the town so much. I believe that townies should never ever fakeclaim unless they have a REALLY GOOD REASON to. I recommend giving this article a read as for when you should lie as town. In short, you should not lie as town unless is absolutely nothing to be lost by doing so. I feel like Sonata's falseclaim was really dangerous because:

1. You bait out any investigative power roles to counterclaim you
2. A watcher claim is highly verifiable and someone could counterclaim and say that your actions are wrong, thereby lynching you

The entire town got distracted over the claim and as a result they were unable to see that the real scum, PentaFlare, also lied by saying that Denja had a night action when Denja actually flipped vanilla. From our perspective, Penta was caught in a lie and should have been lynched for it. However, due to everyone claiming and everyone lying, he was able to put that under the rug.

I think that's about it?
Jan 10, 2017 1:31 AM

Apr 2014
Mishukax said:

I have to say though, Penta came off as scummy in this x) if it wasn't for my general townread on them they would be a big mafread.

That was a big one in my exp with Penta he would not be controlled by someone and if he was somehow old bot be that emotional about it. The whole thing was overdone and fake this was also before the flip and these posts make it look like he knows they will be town even though he was scumreading tgem. This change of heart is just to put all the blame on someone else
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 53 54 [55] 56 »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.