Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2016 2:11 PM

Aug 2013
Ars_Moriendi said:
Some Anaal Nathrakh fans here in this thread?

Well you can consider me a fan. I love "extreme metal". I think it's a really cool concept subgenre. I just recently got into it but i mostly just listened to Bal-Sagoth. I can say i really like this song.
Edit: Listening to this song on repeat
ValenthiusOct 13, 2016 2:29 PM
Oct 13, 2016 2:15 PM
Jul 2016
I like epic metal, my favourite band is Dragonland.

Oct 13, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
Rondalnis said:
You already said that you liked power metal xD
Oct 13, 2016 2:32 PM

Apr 2016
Rondalnis said:

If you like epic metal, how about Summoning ?

You know, I feel really happy right now.

I'm really glad, I was able to meet you in this life.

Oct 13, 2016 2:33 PM
Jul 2016
Valenthius said:
Rondalnis said:
You already said that you liked power metal xD

Oh yeah

I also listen to Medieval metal

Oct 13, 2016 2:35 PM
Jul 2016
Ars_Moriendi said:
Rondalnis said:

If you like epic metal, how about Summoning ?

Great song, I did not know they are epic

Oct 13, 2016 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
@Ars_Moriendi
Do you like Blackened Death Metal?
Oct 13, 2016 3:33 PM

Apr 2016
@Valenthius Yeah, I used to listen to it a lot, but now I prefer the atmospheric music. I like repetitive songs which create a thick atmosphere. Therefore I am not that much into technical stuff / guitar solos etc.

But I do listen to it as well.

Oct 13, 2016 3:51 PM

Apr 2016
In case you're wondering what I was talking about.^^
Death Metal is not that appealing to me because of the stuff I mentioned before, therefore Blackened Death Metal is not necessarily my cup of tea.

Oct 13, 2016 4:11 PM

Mar 2008
Ars_Moriendi said:

Not really listened to them before. I think they sound like they try to do way too much at once which muddies their sound moree than necisary but otherwise i like it.
Oct 14, 2016 3:03 AM

Aug 2013
traed said:
Ars_Moriendi said:

Not really listened to them before. I think they sound like they try to do way too much at once which muddies their sound moree than necisary but otherwise i like it.
One of the reasons i like them so much is cuz they do way too much all at once. I guess it boils down to taste.
Oct 14, 2016 3:29 AM

Mar 2016
is this a summoning? fellow metalhead over here, link me some good metal i can add to my playlist. i dont mind any types of metal

Oct 14, 2016 4:00 AM

Aug 2013
MegaJeffsta said:
is this a summoning? fellow metalhead over here, link me some good metal i can add to my playlist. i dont mind any types of metal

How about this?
Oct 14, 2016 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
geez I dug that one from so deep underground that I nearly made it to the inner core

btw does anyone knows any czech bands? I remember I once found one but it was written in czech and I can't remember for shit their name... eh.... if you know any.
removed-userOct 14, 2016 4:31 AM
Oct 14, 2016 4:29 AM

Apr 2016
What about some (blackish-) drone:

Oct 14, 2016 4:39 AM

Aug 2013
Darek said:
geez I dug that one from so deep underground that I nearly made it to the inner core

btw does anyone knows any chech bands? I remember I once found one but it was written in chech and I can't remember for shit their name... eh.... if you know any.
Sadly no, but you can search by country on metal-tracker. However i do know some Serbian metal you might like:

The metal scene is good here in Serbia and quite popular(But only within Serbia), but being able to name all the bands is not a good thing xD
Oct 14, 2016 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
Valenthius said:
Sadly no, but you can search by country on metal-tracker

I shall do that then, and hope to find that specific one XD

I like those, the second one I like more tho

Well, I like the latter
as for the album I didn't listen to the entirety but I liked it I guess

ehh... I am not sure how I feel about this one, I like the music especially the guitar but I don't like the vocals at all.
Oct 14, 2016 5:24 AM

Aug 2013
Darek said:

ehh... I am not sure how I feel about this one, I like the music especially the guitar but I don't like the vocals at all.[/quote]Everybody here listens to NadimaČ(Pronounced Naadmiach) a lot, but no one likes them xD
Oct 14, 2016 5:35 AM
Jul 2018
Valenthius said:
]Everybody here listens to NadimaČ(Pronounced Naadmiach) a lot, but no one likes them xD

not sure how that works but whatev lol
Oct 14, 2016 6:47 AM

Aug 2012
Ars_Moriendi said:
GhostCanine said:
I love metal, most of the music I listen to are within metal subgenres. http://www.last.fm/user/GhostCanine

Nice collection, Summoning & Drudkh <3

btw. forgot to post my last.fm : http://www.last.fm/user/Verblichener
Awsome collection you've scrobbled a lot. Drurdkh and Summoning are great atmospheric black, got any must listen to bands?

I recently discovered how great Aosoth and Martröð are.

ghostorcOct 16, 2016 1:49 PM
???????
Oct 14, 2016 6:51 AM

Aug 2012
Valenthius said:
GhostCanine said:
I love metal, most of the music I listen to are within metal subgenres. http://www.last.fm/user/GhostCanine
Woah that's a nice collection. But i like to keep my songs on my SD card. I must have it with me at all times.
I scrobble a lot of my music from spotify and download or buy the more obscure bands. Spotify mobile's handy af.
ghostorcOct 14, 2016 7:01 AM
???????
Oct 14, 2016 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
I can't believe I forgot that but since I'm here I might ask what do you guys think of babymetal?

Oct 14, 2016 9:13 AM

Aug 2013
Darek said:
I can't believe I forgot that but since I'm here I might ask what do you guys think of babymetal?

It's ok, but you will never find me listening to this on my own.
Oct 14, 2016 12:52 PM

Sep 2013
Yeah, I'm a metal fan. All kinds of it.
Cup, spoon, bowl, wheel, you name it..

In all seriousness, I like symphonic, death, melodic, and power the most.
Although I can listen to everything except doom. That's just too negative for me.

My favorite bands are Therion, Nightwish, Eluveitie, and Megadeth. There are others but I forgot them.
One man's freedom is another man's terror.
Oct 14, 2016 12:57 PM

Dec 2014
Darek said:

The only song I like of theirs is Megitsune.
Oct 14, 2016 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
Meikyuuiri_Tsumi said:

Although I can listen to everything except doom. That's just too negative for me.

My favorite bands are Therion, Nightwish, Eluveitie, and Megadeth. There are others but I forgot them.
Like old Therion or new Therion?
Oct 14, 2016 11:38 PM

Oct 2016
Oct 14, 2016 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
2dbestd said:
Anyone here like Tool?

I like schism and that is it lol (or maybe I just didn't hear any other songs I would like), not sure if they are really metal if ya ask me more progressive rock I guess.
Oct 15, 2016 12:43 AM

Oct 2016
Darek said:
2dbestd said:
Anyone here like Tool?

I like schism and that is it lol (or maybe I just didn't hear any other songs I would like), not sure if they are really metal if ya ask me more progressive rock I guess.

Hmm I can see how Schism would be considered prog rock, but prog rock is something more like Yes, or maybe Kansas, no? Their other songs that I like, such as Vicarious, 46 & 2, or Rosetta Stoned might make you reconsider :D
Oct 15, 2016 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
2dbestd said:
Darek said:

Hmm I can see how Schism would be considered prog rock, but prog rock is something more like Yes, or maybe Kansas, no? Their other songs that I like, such as Vicarious, 46 & 2, or Rosetta Stoned might make you reconsider :D

Listening to vicarious right now and yeah this sound more metal to me.
Oct 15, 2016 11:03 AM

Sep 2013
Valenthius said:
Meikyuuiri_Tsumi said:

Old Therion ftw :)
One man's freedom is another man's terror.
Oct 15, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
Meikyuuiri_Tsumi said:
Valenthius said:

Old Therion ftw :)
Their style has changed so freaking much xD
Could be from all the member changes.
Oct 15, 2016 6:39 PM

Mar 2010

I've been listening to this song wayy to much on repeat. The clean vocal parts are incredibly amazing.

Oct 15, 2016 6:56 PM

Dec 2014
null said:

I've been listening to this song wayy to much on repeat. The clean vocal parts are incredibly amazing.
I think you'll like the bands Phinehas or Famous Last Words.
Oct 15, 2016 10:33 PM

Jun 2015
Man I have a feeling that Metallica's new album will suck.
Oct 16, 2016 4:35 AM

Aug 2013
Intelligenza said:

Why tho?
Both of the songs released at this time were pretty dope imo. Do you not like them?
I mean it's not close to the stuff on "...and justice for all" or "Master of puppets", but it's way better than anything they've released in the past couple of years.
Oct 16, 2016 8:45 AM

Jun 2015
Valenthius said:
Intelligenza said:

Why tho?
Both of the songs released at this time were pretty dope imo. Do you not like them?
I mean it's not close to the stuff on "...and justice for all" or "Master of puppets", but it's way better than anything they've released in the past couple of years.

Idk it's just that James's voice doesn't have venom anymore, the guitars sound really muddy or watered down.
If you want good metal you'll have to go underground this year it seems :/
But there's a lot of good albums this year so it's OK.
Oct 16, 2016 8:53 AM

Aug 2013
Intelligenza said:
Valenthius said:

Why tho?

Idk it's just that James's voice doesn't have venom anymore, the guitars sound really muddy or watered down.
I've always been underground. A just use a site called metal-tracker, and the people there usually upload any metal album or song by any metal band all around the world. I feel like i'll never run out of metal.
Oct 16, 2016 9:02 AM

Jun 2015
Valenthius said:
Intelligenza said:

I've always been underground. A just use a site called metal-tracker, and the people there usually upload any metal album or song by any metal band all around the world. I feel like i'll never run out of metal.

Oh nice. I've never really went deep underground, the furthest I've ever been is probably Destroyer 666 or something. I'll check the site out.
Oct 16, 2016 11:07 AM

Oct 2016
I'm a metal fan, especially melodic death metal and power metal.
Oct 16, 2016 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
Batscare said:
I'm a metal fan, especially melodic death metal and power metal.
Name a few bands you really like then.
Oct 16, 2016 11:13 AM

Oct 2016
I like bands like Amon Amarth, Wolfheart, Fire Within and Gloryhammer.
Oct 16, 2016 3:42 PM
Mar 2016
i dont listen to much metal anymore but lately ive been listening to the Anthropocene Extinction album from cattle decapitation album and im a long time putrid pile fan.
Oct 16, 2016 7:53 PM
Apr 2016
Valenthius said:
Darekmhn1 said:

Mainly stuff like sodom, kreator, annihilator or megadeth and early metallica so old I guess but I also like havok and ... ehh... I like havok and maybe I heard a song or two that I liked from some newer bands but I can't remember
I think Metallicas newest shit is pretty dope, and i especially like that they're making thrash again \m/. I really enjoy hardwired from their upcoming album.
I like really like Havok too. "Time is up" is one of the most listened to albums on my phone. But i think that the best new wave thrash metal band is Vektor.
I like Sodom, Kreator, Destruction, but i never really liked Megadeth all that much.
Speaking of newer stuff, Do you like Savage Messiah?

Dude Vektor is so fucking good. Saw them live a while back and was surprised that their vocals sounded way better than in studio. Their new album is the best thrash record I've heard in forever.
Oct 16, 2016 8:00 PM
Apr 2016
FlakeyBear said:
So far I'm getting into sludge metal. There's some great riffy and fuzzy stuff on there... I'll throw in some examples.

Any other bands worth checking? Yes I know Acid Bath, Mastodon, Melvins and Eyehategod.

Neurosis
Isis
Cult of Luna
Fall of Efrafa
Rosetta
YOB
Obscure Sphinx
Intronaut
Ufomammut
Amenra
Giant Squid
Oct 16, 2016 8:46 PM
Apr 2016
Darek said:
traed said:
I am into

Doom Metal

Honestly never heard a doom metal song, it's just slow metal isn't it?

Post-Metal

Is it like post rock only heavier?

Sludge

?

Symphonic Meta

Do you like maybe rhapsody of fire? they kinda more power metal-ish but still

Progressive Metal

Never really understood that umbrella term, it really seems just like longer 8-15 minutes songs that are something more than a typical verse+chorus+verse+chorus+solo+chorus type of songs.

"Djent"

But does it djent?

Atmospheric Black Metal

?

Depressive Suicidal Black Metal

nah, you have to make that shit up, you can't be for real

Post-Black Metal

?

Folk Metal

is it something like korpiklaani? or 90% of fairy tails soundtrack?

Avant Garde Metal

?

Industrial Metal

Is there any other industrial metal band than Rammstein?

Death Metal ( but Im selective on it mostly preferring it mixed with other genres)

I honestly dislike death metal maybe aside from melodic death like callenish circle (tho they may be more deathcore)

"Gothic" Metal ( I knkow it's ill defined and vague)

dunno any gothic metal band

Metalcore ( trve metalheads t-t-t-triggered )

lol

I find Power Metal too cheesy most of the time so I'm usually not too into it even though I enjoy it on occasion. I'm not too big on Thrash either but I don't hate it.

My two fav metal genres XD

Doom Metal
Slow and heavy as fuck. Derives its sound from Blues. Black Sabbath popularized the genre. Personally I think the psychedelic side of the genre is where its at.
Electric Wizard- Come My Fanatics; Dopethrone
Candlemass' first two albums
Sleep- Holy Mountain; Dopesmoker
Om
Shrinebuilder

Post Metal
That's not quite post-metal. More part of the progressive djent movement. Great artist though. You're not far off with the heavier post rock description.
Neurosis
Isis
Cult of Luna
Agalloch
Toundra
We Lost the Sea

Sludge Metal
See my other post in this thread for sludge recs

Progressive Metal
Yeah progressive can mean not following typical pop song structures. A lot of prog has more in common with classical music than pop music. It can also have to do with instrumentation and experimentation.
Tool
Opeth
Meshuggah
Ne Obliviscaris
Enslaved
Wintersun

Djent
Djent is just a guitar playing technique consisting of thick muted chords often embellished with electronic/computer effects. Stick to progressive djent if you are trying to get into this kind of music.
Meshuggah (pretty much invented it)
Animals as Leaders
Sithu Aye
Plini
Widek
Gru

Black Metal
Atmospheric and Post Black Metal are very similar.
Agalloch- The Mantle; Ashes Against the Grain
Ulver- Bergtatt
Burzum
Deathspell Omega
Windir- 1184; Likferd
Emperor
Bathory- Blood Fire Death
Spectral Lore- III
Mare Cognitum

Folk Metal
Basically a loose term for any metal that incorporates folk music into their sound
Agalloch
Moonsorrow
Opeth

Avant Garde Metal
Genre is defined by experimentation. Often utilizes elements of jazz.
maudlin of the Well
Kayo Dot

Death Metal
Give it a chance. There is some really good stuff in this genre.
Death
Opeth- Blackwater Parl; Still Life
Dissection- Storm of the Light's Bane
Gorod
Persefone
Lykathea Aflame
Ulcerate
Cynic- Focus
Serpent
Immolation- Close to the World Below

Metalcore
Fuck modern metalcore. Its just shitty djent. Lol just the name of the genre is enough to t-t-t-trigger me. Old school metalcore, which actually uses elements of Hardcore (hence the name of the genre) can be pretty good though.
Oct 17, 2016 12:15 AM

Aug 2013
br4dl3yb34r said:
Valenthius said:
I think Metallicas newest shit is pretty dope, and i especially like that they're making thrash again \m/. I really enjoy hardwired from their upcoming album.
I like really like Havok too. "Time is up" is one of the most listened to albums on my phone. But i think that the best new wave thrash metal band is Vektor.
I like Sodom, Kreator, Destruction, but i never really liked Megadeth all that much.
Speaking of newer stuff, Do you like Savage Messiah?

Dude Vektor is so fucking good. Saw them live a while back and was surprised that their vocals sounded way better than in studio. Their new album is the best thrash record I've heard in forever.
Fuck yeah bro! Sci-fi or Die.
Oct 17, 2016 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
@br4dl3yb34r

that is a lot bands to check out XD but I am gonna try them

Also I know what djent is, I just made an unfunny reference to a youtube meme

dunno about the metalcore and the differences betwwen old/new I barely listen to it aside from few bands

the exception is Trivium since even tho they are not 100% metalcore they still remain one of my favorite bands.
Oct 17, 2016 3:36 AM

Apr 2016
GhostCanine said:
Ars_Moriendi said:

Nice collection, Summoning & Drudkh <3

btw. forgot to post my last.fm : http://www.last.fm/user/Verblichener
Awsome collection you've scrobbled a lot. Drurdkh and Summoning are great atmospheric black, got any must listen to bands?

I recently discovered how great Aosoth and Martröð are.

Aosoth is great, the other one is new to me. Hmm

Oct 17, 2016 3:46 AM

Apr 2016
@GhostCanine

How about Nocte Obducta / Agrypnie / Harakiri For The Sky ?

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7608 by 0arche »»
2 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3404 by 3miL »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » i don't like taylor swift's music ( 1 2 )

real-truck-Kun - Nov 4, 2023

52 by 3miL »»
5 hours ago

» Post a song on the above user's profile

tsukareru - Apr 29

5 by mokkocchi »»
11 hours ago

» Where do you stream music?

Cammell - Feb 17

32 by whitebeartigtig »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.