Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
I rarely see anybody like that around here...You there?
ValenthiusOct 10, 2016 1:32 PM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2016 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
Come on there's gotta be at least a few of you
Oct 10, 2016 12:52 PM
Jul 2016
Yes I am

Big fan of power metal

Oct 10, 2016 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
I like thrash metal but I listen to other types of music as well, does that count?
Oct 10, 2016 1:08 PM

Aug 2013
Darekmhn1 said:
I like thrash metal but I listen to other types of music as well, does that count?
Fuck yeah. I'm a huge fan of thrash. 35% the 10000 songs i have on my phone are thrash. I can listen to a lot of genres...from abstract indie J-rock, to slamming brutal death metal. What kind of thrash do you like? Old but gold or do yo prefer newer stuff?
Oct 10, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2011
I like all kinds of music, including death metal
Oct 10, 2016 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
Valenthius said:
Darekmhn1 said:
Fuck yeah. I'm a huge fan of thrash. 35% the 10000 songs i have on my phone are thrash. I can listen to a lot of genres...from abstract indie J-rock, to slamming brutal death metal. What kind of thrash do you like? Old but gold or do yo prefer newer stuff?

Mainly stuff like sodom, kreator, annihilator or megadeth and early metallica so old I guess but I also like havok and ... ehh... I like havok and maybe I heard a song or two that I liked from some newer bands but I can't remember
Oct 10, 2016 1:13 PM
Jul 2016
I guess I'm not relevant

Oct 10, 2016 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
Rondalnis said:
I guess I'm not relevant
I was in the middle of responding to you.
I don't listen to a lot of power metal, other then a few of the really famous ones like Blind Guardian, Sabaton, Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, Kamelot and Dragon Force. I did however get into Dragonland recently and the song called "Holy war."
ValenthiusOct 10, 2016 1:21 PM
Oct 10, 2016 1:19 PM
Jul 2016
Valenthius said:
Rondalnis said:
I guess I'm not relevant
I in the middle of responding to you.
I don't listen to a lot of power metal, other then a few of the really famous ones like Blind Guardian, Sabaton, Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, Kamelot and Dragon Force. I did however get into Dragonland recently and the song called "Holy war."

I see, I do listen to Hammerfall. In death metal I listen to a band called Dark Tranquillity

Oct 10, 2016 1:23 PM

Aug 2013
Darekmhn1 said:
Valenthius said:

Mainly stuff like sodom, kreator, annihilator or megadeth and early metallica so old I guess but I also like havok and ... ehh... I like havok and maybe I heard a song or two that I liked from some newer bands but I can't remember
I think Metallicas newest shit is pretty dope, and i especially like that they're making thrash again \m/. I really enjoy hardwired from their upcoming album.
I like really like Havok too. "Time is up" is one of the most listened to albums on my phone. But i think that the best new wave thrash metal band is Vektor.
I like Sodom, Kreator, Destruction, but i never really liked Megadeth all that much.
Speaking of newer stuff, Do you like Savage Messiah?
Oct 10, 2016 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
Rondalnis said:
Valenthius said:
I in the middle of responding to you.

I see, I do listen to Hammerfall. In death metal I listen to a band called Dark Tranquillity
I never heard of them before now. I did give them a listen a couple of moments ago, and i can tell you it's pretty good stuff. I'll definitely be downloading some of their albums.
Oct 10, 2016 1:29 PM
Jul 2016
Valenthius said:
Rondalnis said:

I never heard of them before now. I did give them a listen a couple of moments ago, and i can tell you it's pretty good stuff. I'll definitely be downloading some of their albums.

Do you listen to black metal?

Oct 10, 2016 1:29 PM

Apr 2016
Not a metalhead anymore, but I still like Black Metal a lot.

You know, I feel really happy right now.

I'm really glad, I was able to meet you in this life.

Oct 10, 2016 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
Rondalnis said:

I did try to listen to a lot of black metal bands many many times, but i could never get into it, so no.
Oct 10, 2016 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
Valenthius said:
Darekmhn1 said:

I think Metallicas newest shit is pretty dope., they're making thrash again \m/. I really love hardwired from their upcoming album.
I like Havok. "Time is up" is one of the most listened albums on my phone. But i think that he best new wave thrash metal band is Vektor. I like Sodom, Kreator, Destruction, but i never really liked Megadeth all that much. Do you like Savage Messiah?

I actually didn't like the hardwired track all that much tbh, I like moth to the flame tho, like a lot and there are songs of the "newer metallica" I like but I pretty much like all the songs from ride the lightning, and justice for all and master of puppets while only 70% of the newer stuff, aside from st.anger, I don't like it at all, duh,mainly the quality of the audio rather than the songs themselves but still, kill'em all was good but the audio quality sometimes bothered me

Havok is dope

never heard of vector but I'mma listen to some in a minute

I am widely guessing it's because of Dave's wonderful singing voice lol

I never heard of them until you said it but I am listening to hellblazer at this very moment and I gotta say this shit is good
Oct 10, 2016 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
Ars_Moriendi said:
In hindsight i should have given this topic a more inclusive title. Fixed now.
ValenthiusOct 10, 2016 1:40 PM
Oct 10, 2016 1:38 PM

Aug 2013
Darekmhn1 said:
I actually didn't like the hardwired track all that much tbh, I like moth to the flame tho, like a lot and there are songs of the "newer metallica" I like but I pretty much like all the songs from ride the lightning, and justice for all and master of puppets while only 70% of the newer stuff, aside from st.anger, I don't like it at all, duh,mainly the quality of the audio rather than the songs themselves but still, kill'em all was good but the audio quality sometimes bothered me

Havok is dope

I never heard of them until you said it but I am listening to hellblazer at this very moment and I gotta say this shit is good

That's a shame. I think Hardwired is more "Thrashy" Than Moth into flame, but i like both songs almost equally.
Vektor - Cosmic Cortex, one of the best new wave thrash songs ever released imo.
Also, you didn't answer about Savage Messiah.
Edit: Ok i just noticed...you mentioned Hellblazer.
ValenthiusOct 10, 2016 1:42 PM
Oct 10, 2016 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Ars_Moriendi said:
What kind of black metal. Are you more into the classics, or do you prefer more recent stuff (Like late 90's early 2000's). Or do you maybe prefer kvlt.
Oct 10, 2016 1:41 PM
Jul 2016
Valenthius said:
Rondalnis said:

I did try to listen to a lot of black metal bands many many times, but i could never get into it, so no.

Since you like death metal, I can recommend some bands

Meshuggah
Grave
At the gates
Entombed
Dark Tranquility
In Flames
Opeth

Oct 10, 2016 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Valenthius said:
Darekmhn1 said:

Havok is dope

That's a shame. I think Hardwired is more "Thrashy" Than Moth into flame, but i like both songs almost equally.
Vektor - Cosmic Cortex, one of the best new wave thrash songs ever released imo.
Also, you didn't answer about Savage Messiah.

yeah but I like their longer song more tbh, just because really even if they tend to be lighter

I am listening to it right now will tell ya what I think in a minute I just reached the heacier part, I like that riff and the solo is nice

I did answer I said this:
Oct 10, 2016 1:47 PM

Aug 2013
Rondalnis said:
Valenthius said:

Meshuggah
Grave
At the gates
Entombed
Dark Tranquility
In Flames
Opeth
I listen to almost all of those. I don't listen to Opeth and i just started to listening to Dark Tranquility like 5min ago xD. It's sad how Entombed isn't really death metal anymore.
Oct 10, 2016 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
Darekmhn1 said:
yeah but I like their longer song more tbh, just because really even if they tend to be lighter

I am listening to it right now will tell ya what I think in a minute I just reached the heacier part, I like that riff and the solo is nice

Yes i noticed after xD I somehow managed to skip over that part, but i did edit my post. You should listen to Insurrection rising (The song and the album) Their best stuff imo.
PS: Vektor is really progressive, so you either love them or hate them.
Oct 10, 2016 1:51 PM

Oct 2016
Power Metal fan here, Specially Avantasia!
https://totalsakura.wordpress.com/ - My very own manga blog
Jul 2018
Valenthius said:
Darekmhn1 said:

Yes i noticed after xD I somehow managed to skip over that part, but i did edit my post.
PS: Vektor is really progressive, so you either love them or hate them.

I literally just ended listening to their song and came here to say what I think XD

it's nice but I don't like the vocals tbh
Jul 2016
Valenthius said:
Rondalnis said:

Meshuggah
Grave
At the gates
Entombed
Dark Tranquility
In Flames
Opeth
I listen to almost all of those. I don't listen to Opeth and i just started to listening to Dark Tranquility like 5min ago xD. It's sad how Entombed isn't really death metal anymore.

You don't like Opeth?

Oct 10, 2016 1:52 PM
Nov 2015
Metal anime OPs got me into metal
Oct 10, 2016 1:52 PM

Aug 2013
TotalSakura said:
Power Metal fan here, Specially Avantasia!
Never heard of 'em. Let me just open up Google and i'll tell you what i think.
Oct 10, 2016 1:54 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
More rock in my opinion but some nightcored metal songs are cool.
Peculiarly Narcissistic Canibal on YouTube.

Oct 10, 2016 1:57 PM

Aug 2013
Rondalnis said:
Valenthius said:

You don't like Opeth?
Well i did listen to them, but among all the Melodic Death Metal bands i listened to it didn't really stand out, so i kind of forgot about them.
Oct 10, 2016 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
VekzelTUN said:

really? I don't know that many metal anime op's aside from death note maybe

Edit:
@Valenthius I kinda got addicted to that hellblazer song XD
Oct 10, 2016 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
VekzelTUN said:
Can you name a few? I actually have a bunch of metal songs in my favorite anime openings list.
Oct 10, 2016 2:03 PM

Aug 2013
Darekmhn1 said:
VekzelTUN said:

Edit:

- Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin ("We're not alone" by Coldrain)
- Death Note OP 2 ("What's up, people?" by Maximum the Hormone)
- One Punch Man ("THE HERO" by JAM Project)
- Shingeki no Bahamut ("EXiSTENCE" by SiM)
A list of some metal anime OP's i know.

If you want some true simple generic thrash you can listen to at all times try the band "Game Over" and the song "Masters of Control" from the album "Burst Into The Quiet". They stay true to the rules of thrash. Good stuff.
ValenthiusOct 10, 2016 2:08 PM
Oct 10, 2016 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
Valenthius said:
Darekmhn1 said:

Edit:

- Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin ("We're not alone" by Coldrain)
- Death Note OP 2 ("What's up, people?" by Maximum the Hormone)
- One Punch Man ("THE HERO" by JAM Project)
- Shingeki no Bahamut ("EXiSTENCE" by SiM)
A list of some metal anime OP's i know.

oh yeah right I forgot about rainbow but I haven't seen the anime only listened to the song so I guess that is why

I don't like that death note op

haven't seen opm yet so I don't know, understandably, same for shingeki no bahamut
Oct 10, 2016 2:10 PM

Aug 2013
Darekmhn1 said:
oh yeah right I forgot about rainbow but I haven't seen the anime only listened to the song so I guess that is why

haven't seen opm yet so I don't know, understandably, same for shingeki no bahamut

I was late with the edit so ill type it here again.
If you want some true simple generic thrash you can listen to at all times try the band "Game Over" and the song "Masters of Control" from the album "Burst Into The Quiet". They stay true to the rules of thrash. Good stuff.
Also Rainbow is a must watch.
Oct 10, 2016 2:13 PM

Apr 2016
Valenthius said:
Ars_Moriendi said:
What kind of black metal. Are you more into the classics, or do you prefer more recent stuff (Like late 90's early 2000's). Or do you maybe prefer kvlt.

I listen to everything ^^. But nowadays I am not that big of a fan of old stuff.

You know, I feel really happy right now.

I'm really glad, I was able to meet you in this life.

Oct 10, 2016 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
Valenthius said:
Darekmhn1 said:

I was late with the edit so ill type it here again.

that riffs are killer, this is the shit I like

Also Rainbow is a must watch.

just from reading the synopsis I decided to watch it soon but I wanna watch some older pre 2000 anime first(plus ergo proxy) and finish off the one I am watching as well
Oct 10, 2016 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
Darekmhn1 said:
that riffs are killer, this is the shit I like

I'm glad you like it :)

just from reading the synopsis I decided to watch it soon but I wanna watch some older pre 2000 anime first(plus ergo proxy) and finish off the one I am watching as well
I know that feeling. I have 33 anime that i'm currently watching and 705 o my PTW list...I'm scared of starting more anime xD. Good think this season doesn't look that good.
Oct 10, 2016 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
and the thread died :(

tbh it lived longer and was more active than most of music related threads
Oct 10, 2016 2:59 PM

Aug 2013
Darekmhn1 said:

Well that was the amount of metal fans on MAL xD
It was really nice talking to you tho
I rarely have discussions like this here on MAL
Tho i wish more people replied...

Also if you want ot find out about new metal bands and stuff like that check out http://en.metal-tracker.com/
It's where i find and download most of the stuff i listen to. There's some stuff not available on YT too.
Oct 10, 2016 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
Valenthius said:
Darekmhn1 said:

Well that was the amount of metal fans on MAL xD
It was really nice talking to you tho
I rarely have discussions like this here on MAL
Tho i wish more people replied...

It was a pleasure to talk to you mate, mostly people on here just shitpost so a serious discussion is always praise worthy

Also if you want ot find out about new metal bands and stuff like that check out http://en.metal-tracker.com/
It's where i find and download most of the stuff i listen to. There's some stuff not available on YT too.

Bookmarked, I am more than certain I'll got there for new bands more than once, especially since for the last few months I've been mostly listening to non metal songs and artists
Oct 10, 2016 3:47 PM

Jul 2016
Really? I have met more metal fans on MAL than on any other site, other than the sites with metal forums of course. Even people who enjoy the same genres and bands as me, which isn't very often

My family raised me to love black metal, but I also enjoy other genres like viking metal, death metal, folk metal, doom metal and symphonic metal, mostly symphonic death or black metal
Oct 10, 2016 5:10 PM
Mar 2015
So far I'm getting into sludge metal. There's some great riffy and fuzzy stuff on there... I'll throw in some examples.

Any other bands worth checking? Yes I know Acid Bath, Mastodon, Melvins and Eyehategod.
Oct 10, 2016 5:20 PM
Oct 10, 2016 5:41 PM

Apr 2015
I'm a big metal fan! :3
I think powermetal is the best metal genre though (SABATON :DDDDD)
Oct 10, 2016 6:13 PM

Jun 2016
I don't know if I'm a metal head but I enjoy some metal bands. I'm going to see Ghost in a couple of weeks, pretty excited about that.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Oct 10, 2016 6:25 PM

Mar 2008
I am into

Doom Metal
Post-Metal
Sludge
Symphonic Metal
Progressive Metal
"Djent"
Atmospheric Black Metal
Depressive Suicidal Black Metal
Post-Black Metal
Folk Metal
Avant Garde Metal
Industrial Metal
Death Metal ( but Im selective on it mostly preferring it mixed with other genres)
"Gothic" Metal ( I knkow it's ill defined and vague)
Metalcore ( trve metalheads t-t-t-triggered )

I find Power Metal too cheesy most of the time so I'm usually not too into it even though I enjoy it on occasion. I'm not too big on Thrash either but I don't hate it.

FlakeyBear said:

Any other bands worth checking? Yes I know Acid Bath, Mastodon, Melvins and Eyehategod.

I could just start you with
Mouth of the Architect
Battle of Mice
The Ocean
Unless you know those too
Oct 10, 2016 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
traed said:
I am into

Doom Metal

Honestly never heard a doom metal song, it's just slow metal isn't it?

Post-Metal

Is it like post rock only heavier?

Sludge

?

Symphonic Meta

Do you like maybe rhapsody of fire? they kinda more power metal-ish but still

Progressive Metal

Never really understood that umbrella term, it really seems just like longer 8-15 minutes songs that are something more than a typical verse+chorus+verse+chorus+solo+chorus type of songs.

"Djent"

But does it djent?

Atmospheric Black Metal

?

Depressive Suicidal Black Metal

nah, you have to make that shit up, you can't be for real

Post-Black Metal

?

Folk Metal

is it something like korpiklaani? or 90% of fairy tails soundtrack?

Avant Garde Metal

?

Industrial Metal

Is there any other industrial metal band than Rammstein?

Death Metal ( but Im selective on it mostly preferring it mixed with other genres)

I honestly dislike death metal maybe aside from melodic death like callenish circle (tho they may be more deathcore)

"Gothic" Metal ( I knkow it's ill defined and vague)

dunno any gothic metal band

Metalcore ( trve metalheads t-t-t-triggered )

lol

I find Power Metal too cheesy most of the time so I'm usually not too into it even though I enjoy it on occasion. I'm not too big on Thrash either but I don't hate it.

My two fav metal genres XD
Oct 10, 2016 7:21 PM
Mar 2015
traed said:
FlakeyBear said:

I could just start you with
Mouth of the Architect
Battle of Mice
The Ocean
Unless you know those too

Too post-rock for my liking. I'm currently getting into pure sludge, not atmospheric. Ah, close enough.
Oct 10, 2016 7:28 PM

Jan 2016
I like my metal music fused to hardcore music... haha!
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7554 by 0arche »»
4 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Yesterday

5 by Zayvex »»
7 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

17 by GoddessLove »»
8 hours ago

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - Yesterday

2 by FFandMMfan »»
11 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3379 by SilentAssassin88 »»
Today, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.