Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 7, 2015 8:57 PM
Feb 2014
Savethebestforu said:
deanzel said:

I can't believe of the 3 recent lead Alabama runnings backs (Ingram, Lacy, TRich), the Browns drafted the worst one possible with the #3 pick in a loaded draft.

Just #Brownsthings

To be fair, they did do a good job of unloading him for a 1st rounder before everyone noticed he was terrible. The problem is that they blew both their next 1st rounders (Gilbert, Manziel). Can you imagine a world where the Browns were good? Because I can't.

Those weren't the right guys for the football first mentality. Gilbert was lazy during combine and pro days drills and Manziel, well, I was strongly convinced wherever he'd went, he wouldn't make it.
Mar 7, 2015 10:15 PM

Aug 2013
Legendre said:
TheRealNico said:
Cobb's re-signing is kind of surprising as I thought he'd get a lot. Glad to know Green Bay locked him in for less, this organization is probably who players should be playing for. Not those desperate free agent greed hunters.

Suh to Miami is smoke, I'm not sure about Dallas re-signing Murray. I bet it's smoke as well. No one has any further news except for those Twitter handles.

Saints locking Ingram up is confirmed though, I like the move. Thoughts, Legendre?

I'm glad they kept him. Last year showed huge signs of improvement and if he keeps working at it with that type of drive I think he'll be able to produce at a high level for another 3-4 years.

Ingram's a good player and I'm glad he's still on the team. I just have no idea where we're getting the money to pay him. We're pretty much in cap space hell from everything I've seen.
Mar 8, 2015 12:44 AM
Feb 2014
Fantasee said:
Legendre said:

I'm glad they kept him. Last year showed huge signs of improvement and if he keeps working at it with that type of drive I think he'll be able to produce at a high level for another 3-4 years.

Ingram's a good player and I'm glad he's still on the team. I just have no idea where we're getting the money to pay him. We're pretty much in cap space hell from everything I've seen.

Aren't they trading Gallette to clear cap space?
Mar 8, 2015 1:33 AM

Aug 2013
TheRealNico said:
Fantasee said:

Aren't they trading Gallette to clear cap space?

Seems like they are at least shopping him. Apparently Curtis Lofton is on the block too.
Mar 8, 2015 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
From over 4 days ago.

TheRealNico said:
deanzel said:
https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/573267385760796674

Dolphins beat writer says that word on the street is that Suh to Miami is almost a done deal. Some leaks:

Teams can officially begin making formal offers to free agents on Saturday, and it is believed that the Dolphins will offer Suh a six-year deal that pays the 28-year-old more than $100 million, and features more than half of the contract — or at least $51 million — being fully guaranteed.

A potential AFC Beast with Suh, Jordan, Wake. RIP Brady.

Are you sure about this? I somehow don't believe this.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12444126/ndamukong-suh-sign-6-year-114-million-deal-miami-dolphins

Mar 8, 2015 11:29 AM
Sep 2014
Raiders have a shit ton of money but can't sign anyone LMAO!

Building through the draft is literally their only option.
Mar 8, 2015 11:49 AM
Nov 2013
Suh is good, but he doesn't deserve $14 million more than JJ Watt.
Mar 8, 2015 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
That's called the "being an unrestricted free agent" effect. Watt still had 2 years left on his contract when he signed his extension. UFA had Albert Haynesworth get the highest paid defensive contract ever.
dankzelMar 8, 2015 12:46 PM
Mar 8, 2015 12:55 PM
Sep 2014
Looks like Frank Gore is heading to the eagles.

$5 Mill a year on a multi year deal with 7 Mill Guaranteed

Should be official by Tuesday.

I'll miss you on Franky G!!

Hope you get a ring before it's all said and done!
Mar 8, 2015 1:19 PM
Feb 2014
The Suh contract is absolutely ridiculous. People who see this as a groundbreaking deal don't remember the two words Albert Haynesworth. Haynesworth with Tennessee was just as dominant as Suh was with Detroit. He got fat and lazy in Washington. I'm not saying Suh will do just that, but there certainly is a possiblity when a DEFENSIVE TACKLE is making quarterback money. I think anyone who would have signed Suh would have overpaid, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure if Miami is the smartest team to go to for a ridiculous contract. This team isn't a consistent winner and is lead by an owner who's done ridiculous things in the past with his team. This just seems like a move out of desperation in the end. People will criticize this post as say this isn't a bad contract, but it has all of the potential to be bad given the past usually repeating itself with fat contracts lead by desperate teams. I guess he'll do fine, but ultimately if he re-signed with Detroit or a team that would make more sense than Miami, I'd be far less critical
Mar 8, 2015 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
I don't know about spending that much money on ANY non-QB. Some teams have to spend a lot to get to the "salary floor" though (although I don't think Miami was one in danger). Honestly, with Suh, you have to worry about him getting suspended because he's such a dirty a-hole. He will definitely help make them better though
Mar 8, 2015 1:30 PM
Feb 2014
bigguy said:
I don't know about spending that much money on ANY non-QB. Some teams have to spend a lot to get to the "salary floor" though (although I don't think Miami was one in danger). Honestly, with Suh, you have to worry about him getting suspended because he's such a dirty a-hole. He will definitely help make them better though

Forgot to add that he's making more than JJ Watt which is also ridiculous and yes, the fact that his antics on the field could prove themselves costly. Miami won't be able to extend Tannehill for anything more than Suh, so this just, once again, seems like a move out of desperation to land Suh and not focus on the team's plans long-term.

Miami's always had bad general managing, Jeff Ireland and this guy doesn't seem any better. Pretty sure this signing creates a lot of hope for those in Miami, but in the end, players are just players, relying on Suh to be your highest-paid player to lead the Fins to a championship is a ridiculous notion. If Tannehill busts himself next year and/or cannot re-sign him once he approaches free agent status, there's just too much for Miami to do to keep their instability from not being. $60 Million guaranteed is something that will make them cash strapped for years.

It may be about money for players, but in the end, this is a team sport.
Mar 8, 2015 1:37 PM
Feb 2014
Chargers did the right thing by locking Flowers up.
Mar 8, 2015 1:43 PM
Sep 2014
49ers front runners to sign Torrey Smith

49ers also showing interest in Adrian Peterson as well as CJ Spiller
Mar 8, 2015 1:44 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:

We sure did. Considering that when Verrett was healthy, he was PFF's 3rd ranked CB in the entire league, I'm very content with Flowers and Verrett as the 2 starters outside. I wish we could get another good safety, because then with All-Pro Eric Weddle, the 2 tiny corners, and that S, we'd have an extremely formidable secondary.
BTAGMar 8, 2015 1:48 PM
Mar 8, 2015 1:47 PM
Feb 2014
BTAG said:
TheRealNico said:

We sure did. Considering that when Verrett was healthy, he was PFF's 3rd ranked CB in the entire league, I'm very content with Flowers and Verrett as the 2 starters outside.

So far, if not the Packers (Cobb extension was a home run), the Chargers are the offseason winners so far. The losers would be the Dolphins and the Jets.

Gore to Philly is official, I'm not sure how much the deal actually is, so I can't comment on it yet.
Mar 8, 2015 1:50 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:
BTAG said:

We sure did. Considering that when Verrett was healthy, he was PFF's 3rd ranked CB in the entire league, I'm very content with Flowers and Verrett as the 2 starters outside.

So far, if not the Packers (Cobb extension was a home run), the Chargers are the offseason winners so far. The losers would be the Dolphins and the Jets.

Hopefully they can sure up the interior of the O-line, and beef up the D-line. We still have around 20 Million in cap space, so I assume they'll be quite busy in the coming days.
Mar 8, 2015 1:53 PM
Feb 2014
BTAG said:
TheRealNico said:

Hopefully they can sure up the interior of the O-line, and beef up the D-line. We still have around 20 Million in cap space, so I assume they'll be quite busy in the coming days.

Sign Iupati for us. Tired of having our D-Line to go against him. Draft the guy Cam Erving from FSU as well, I think he fits the Chargers as well.
Mar 8, 2015 2:00 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:
BTAG said:

Sign Iupati for us. Tired of having our D-Line to go against him. Draft the guy Cam Erving from FSU as well, I think he fits the Chargers as well.

I'm not sold on Iupati. That's probably because Corey Liuget threw him around like he weighed 5 pounds, but I guess that has more to do with how dominant Liuget can be. We theoretically could sign both Iupati and Orlando Franklin, and have a pretty good O-line for once, and still have enough money to sign a Dan Williams or Wilfork for run stuffing.
Mar 8, 2015 2:03 PM
Feb 2014
Take Wilfork, he's ageless and he doesn't stop doing what he does well. I hate the Patriots, I'm not solid on Wilfork being a reason to like them, but he's still a premier NT.
Mar 8, 2015 2:32 PM

Jun 2008
Meh....

Let me know when the Fins get a real QB or Tannehill magically turns into one.
Mar 8, 2015 4:08 PM
Feb 2014
All right both contracts for the Eagles weren't too good at all.

Gore's deal is a little much guaranteed for a 30+ year old running back. Let's be clear, he's been declining lately, not saying he'll do the same in Philly, but it seems like 3 years and plenty of the contract guaranteed is asking him to repeat his 2011 and 2012 seasons or whenever he was deemed one of the top RBs of the game at that point in time. He's not getting any younger.

The contract that's bad is B-Max's. Why pay $6 Million MORE THAN RICHARD SHERMAN'S EXTENSION????????????? B-Max struggled in man to man coverage all year long last year, now he has to deal with Dez Bryant, Odell Beckham Jr, and DeSean Jackson while the NFC West's top receivers were pedestrian compared to all three of those above. This signing could really blow up if Maxwell is tested all year, and I'm happy he got a good deal in terms of money, but seriously, why does he need more money than Sherman does? That's just pathetic. I thought Chip knew better. I'm disappointed in him and hope that this really doesn't come to haunt him in the end. I love his coaching and his philosophy on team building, but his best offseason move so far has been acquiring Kiko Alonso. Not Gore, and definitely not B-Max.
Mar 8, 2015 4:21 PM
Feb 2014
Chargers got Orlando Franklin, hopefully they didn't overpay for him. It's still a solid move. Once I know the money details I'll critique it.

Titans are making boneheaded extensions to their punter and long snapper. Hard to take this team seriously if they're not going to draft Mariota or strike a trade with the Eagles to get a surplus of success either way in the long run.
Mar 8, 2015 5:27 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:
Chargers got Orlando Franklin, hopefully they didn't overpay for him. It's still a solid move. Once I know the money details I'll critique it.

Titans are making boneheaded extensions to their punter and long snapper. Hard to take this team seriously if they're not going to draft Mariota or strike a trade with the Eagles to get a surplus of success either way in the long run.

If he gets paid $50 million a year, its a bargain with how atrocious our guards were last season. We're only a few years removed from Louis Vasquez and "Dirty" Dielman taking up those spots too, so it was extremely hard to watch.

The Franklin signing is extremely valuable though, because it allows for best player available at #17, instead of being forced to take a lineman. That being said, I'd be happy if they took a OT at 17, kicked Fluker to RG, and played Franklin at LG.

I have absolutely no problem overpaying for someone that's a massive upgrade over our current personnel.
BTAGMar 8, 2015 5:33 PM
Mar 8, 2015 5:31 PM

Nov 2010
Here's to hoping the G-men break the bank for McCourty then sign a bunch of bargain OL/DL/LB depth.
Mar 8, 2015 5:40 PM
Feb 2014
Mark Sanchez isn't close to being worth ~$10 Million.

I'd definitely trade Foles and all of those current draft picks/future draft picks/miscellaneous reid leftovers to the Titans now. They somehow have to get Mariota if they want to back up some of the dicking they've been doing all offseason.
Mar 8, 2015 5:58 PM

Jun 2014
I'm Going to miss Torrey Smith :(
Mar 8, 2015 6:39 PM

Apr 2013
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12446210/free-agent-wide-receiver-jeremy-maclin-sign-kansas-city-chiefs-according-league-sources

Maclin signing with the Chiefs. I don't know about this. He's my stud #2 WR in my 16 team dynasty auction league where I stashed him on the IR for the whole year 2 years ago when he tore his ACL and am currently keeping him for $6 (out of a $200) budget. But now, he's got Alex Smith throwing to him which means no more TD catches for him...

RIP Maclin as a relevant fantasy option 2014-2014.

And we'll see how resilient Chip Kelly's system is and if it's the one producing the results.
dankzelMar 8, 2015 6:47 PM
Mar 8, 2015 7:27 PM
Feb 2014
Seeing Maclin got Cobb money I guess the signing is OK. It's not like Maclin's playing under Rodgers, but giving Smith a somewhat good option isn't too bad. Not the hugest fan of the signing, but it did address a position of need and it was for money that didn't seem utterly ridiculous like the Suh or Maxwell contract. They do have to cut Dwayne Bowe though, guy is lazy and needs a coach that will straighten him out if he wants to get good again. Bet if he gets cut, he'll be wearing Patriots colors.

Riley Cooper is probably now the #1 Receiver in Philly though. That's not good.
Mar 8, 2015 7:35 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
Seeing Maclin got Cobb money I guess the signing is OK. It's not like Maclin's playing under Rodgers, but giving Smith a somewhat good option isn't too bad. Not the hugest fan of the signing, but it did address a position of need and it was for money that didn't seem utterly ridiculous like the Suh or Maxwell contract. They do have to cut Dwayne Bowe though, guy is lazy and needs a coach that will straighten him out if he wants to get good again. Bet if he gets cut, he'll be wearing Patriots colors.

Riley Cooper is probably now the #1 Receiver in Philly though. That's not good.

Nah. Jordan Matthews. Cooper is probably the #2 although knowing Kelly and the Philadelphia Ducks, Jeff Maehl will be getting a ton more PT.

Mar 8, 2015 7:43 PM
Feb 2014
Oh dang forgot about Matthews. I think he has #1 potential, but he's got a ways to go before that.

Maybe he's content with Matthews/Cooper as the starters and Huff (a Duck) as a slot option.
Mar 8, 2015 7:47 PM
Feb 2014
49ers got Torrey Smith. Can't comment on it until I know the amount he got paid. Smith isn't a #1 Receiver though.
Mar 8, 2015 8:12 PM

Nov 2010
Bostonblows said:
Here's to hoping the G-men break the bank for McCourty then sign a bunch of bargain OL/DL/LB depth.

Well then, McCourty back to NE 5/47.5. reportedly turning down more elsewhere. There goes that idea, maybe Rahim Moore then?
Mar 8, 2015 8:36 PM

Jun 2014
TheRealNico said:
49ers got Torrey Smith. Can't comment on it until I know the amount he got paid. Smith isn't a #1 Receiver though.

Torrey is probably getting between 8 to 10 million a year. Very risky investment for the 49ers.
Mar 8, 2015 8:39 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
Bostonblows said:

Well then, McCourty back to NE 5/47.5. reportedly turning down more elsewhere. There goes that idea, maybe Rahim Moore then?

McCourty getting paid less than Byron Maxwell makes me wonder what the hell goes on in this league, lmfao.

I'd imagine Smith getting Cobb money, probably not the best, but it's not too bad of an overpay. They do need receivers after all and they can also stock on the draft for that too.
Mar 8, 2015 8:40 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
Bostonblows said:

McCourty getting paid less than Byron Maxwell makes me wonder what the hell goes on in this league, lmfao.

I'd imagine Smith getting Cobb money, probably not the best, but it's not too bad of an overpay. They do need receivers after all and they can also stock on the draft for that too.

Good point, Kelly can run that team into the ground for all I care :)
Mar 8, 2015 8:42 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
TheRealNico said:

Re-signing McCourty was the right move for New England anyways. Guy can play both CB and S and Revis is now unlikely to come back, so it's a wise move.
Mar 8, 2015 8:43 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
Bostonblows said:

Re-signing McCourty was the right move for New England anyways. Guy can play both CB and S and Revis is now unlikely to come back, so it's a wise move.

Yea, I just hope the G-men can land somebody at safety (Moore?) because they need it badly. I loved Antrel, but he's like 32 now.
Mar 8, 2015 8:46 PM
Feb 2014
Bostonblows said:
TheRealNico said:

Yea, I just hope the G-men can land somebody at safety (Moore?) because they need it badly. I loved Antrel, but he's like 32 now.

He's a solid option. Hopefully he won't demand that much.
Mar 8, 2015 9:31 PM
Nov 2013
I'm sure Moore will demand a lot. He's going to be the top safety available once free agency hits, which gives him all the negotiating power in the world. I wouldn't be shocked if he got 8 million a year, which would be a travesty considering thats exactly what Eric Weddle makes, and he is a 1st Team All-Pro.
Mar 8, 2015 9:41 PM
Sep 2014
Tomorrow should be a very interesting day.
Mar 8, 2015 9:43 PM

Apr 2013
With NE re-signing McCourty, Philly's offseason is looking like a disaster (or a mess would be the more appropriate term). With all that capspace freed up, McCourty was their #1 target. Then with Maclin leaving... Chip may be starting to sweat.
Mar 9, 2015 6:15 AM

Apr 2013
Just as I officially broke news of the Suh signing 4 days before it happened, I'm going to stake my official MAL NFL beat reporter reputation on this one as well :)

49ers Deny Report That They're Trying To Trade Colin Kaepernick

Rumors out there that the 49ers are trying to trade Kaepernick and the Eagles and Bears are two of the interested teams. The 49ers are going to be an abortion of a team next year and I will be smiling during every second of it due to Jed York being a clown fucker.

Of course, Tomsula could be the next Harbaugh...
dankzelMar 9, 2015 7:27 AM
Mar 9, 2015 7:26 AM

Apr 2013
And the last truly big-time FA is about to make his decision:

Brian Hoyer down to Texans or Jets

There about to be a POWERSHIFT!!

Mar 9, 2015 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
Whoa I'm hearing rumors of Patrick Willis possibly retiring and it being announced today or tomorrow. Don't know what to think. RIP 49ers.
Mar 9, 2015 8:33 AM
Sep 2014
deanzel said:
Whoa I'm hearing rumors of Patrick Willis possibly retiring and it being announced today or tomorrow. Don't know what to think. RIP 49ers.

:(
Mar 9, 2015 9:20 AM
Feb 2014
I doubt Willis will retire, although if he does, that opens the door for Chris Borland to be a perennial Pro-Bowler because I think he's better.

Cards stole Sean Weatherspoon from Atlanta. I think this may be the offseason steal so far.

Edit: Jerry Hughes extension was right for Buffalo, Franklin wasn't overpaid so it's a great move for San Diego, Houston did the right thing by bringing Mallett back. Jags and Raiders are overpaying guys at positions they should maximize in the draft, the Pernell McPhee contract is ridiculous for an average at best rush linebacker.
AqutanMar 9, 2015 9:26 AM
Mar 9, 2015 9:35 AM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
I doubt Willis will retire, although if he does, that opens the door for Chris Borland to be a perennial Pro-Bowler because I think he's better.

Cards stole Sean Weatherspoon from Atlanta. I think this may be the offseason steal so far.

Edit: Jerry Hughes extension was right for Buffalo, Franklin wasn't overpaid so it's a great move for San Diego, Houston did the right thing by bringing Mallett back. Jags and Raiders are overpaying guys at positions they should maximize in the draft, the Pernell McPhee contract is ridiculous for an average at best rush linebacker.

Patrick Willis to announce retirement

You're on quite a role Nico :)

The injuries have been a killer for Willis the last year+ or so. Truly a shame.
Mar 9, 2015 9:38 AM
Feb 2014
Willis can be replaced. This isn't a big deal. They now have Bowman and Borland, two above above average ILBs. I hope Willis eventually gets into coaching, he seems like the right guy to do it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12448761/nfl-warns-all-32-teams-contract-leaks

Kind of happy we didn't do anything yet.
Mar 9, 2015 9:44 AM
Sep 2014
TheRealNico said:
Willis can be replaced. This isn't a big deal. They now have Bowman and Borland, two above above average ILBs. I hope Willis eventually gets into coaching, he seems like the right guy to do it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12448761/nfl-warns-all-32-teams-contract-leaks

Kind of happy we didn't do anything yet.

LOL "This isn't a big deal"

You must be new to football.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.