Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 15, 2009 12:34 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode. Good to see actual progression in a relationship after only three episodes. I'm so glad it's not one of those shows. I hope it keeps going this well to the end. Been a great show so far.
Jul 15, 2009 12:43 PM
Dec 2008
Very good episode. It's pretty obvious how things will turn out in the end, though.
Jul 16, 2009 3:14 PM

Oct 2006
Very, very, very good episode. It's just great to see these characters in colour and motion, especially with a fitting soundtrack to add to the sensation. Although I'm still not entirely convinced the VAs are the best match they're definitely growing on me.

Oh and.. Fumi is cuuute :'D
Jul 17, 2009 9:56 PM

Feb 2009
Great episode. I'm wondering if this will be able to catch up to the manga though. So much for them to cover.

niwasatou said:
Although I'm still not entirely convinced the VAs are the best match they're definitely growing on me.

I'd have to agree with you on that. However, by the end of the season I'll probably have the VA voices in my head when I read the manga... resistance is futile.
Jul 18, 2009 5:21 AM

Jan 2008
Great episode, i wanted to see that kiss tho ^^
Jul 18, 2009 9:29 AM

Sep 2008
Nice progression, still having trouble remembering all the names.
Jul 18, 2009 10:07 AM

Oct 2007
Same opinion as everyone... loved the episode, enjoyed how well the scenes were portrayed however I wanted to see that kiss. This anime is such a glorious tease. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2009 11:08 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode, very touching. I kind of expected to see Fumi get caught with Sempai by the girl that got rejected, but didn't happen. Can't wait for more episodes, it's so lovey dovey. :)
Jul 18, 2009 11:38 AM
Feb 2008
Loved the episode...liked the pacing as well~~ Fumi is so adorable (especially when she blushes) and Ah-chan is so cute!
Jul 18, 2009 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
~i wonder why i kkep watching this when i hate yuri this much, but the show is kinda nice, so once i strated i guess i wont drop it just for this...
Jul 18, 2009 4:35 PM
Dec 2008
wtf????
is homosexuality something tahts normally accepted in japan???
i mean wtf???
a normal girl would just back off and be pissed if another girl tried to kiss her
i mean wtf?????
Jul 18, 2009 4:52 PM

May 2008
kaena said:
wtf????
i mean wtf???
a normal girl would just back off and be pissed if another girl tried to kiss her
i mean wtf?????

Then don't watch it..homosexuality is EVERYWHERE. Not just Japan. And they liked each other. So yes. Kissing someone you like, regardless of gender, IS normal. >__>

Otherwise great episode <3 I wish they showed the actual kiss though..*must find the manga*

Jul 18, 2009 4:59 PM

Jul 2009
kaena said:
wtf????
i mean wtf???
i mean wtf?????

1) It's yuri.
2) She asked Fumi out and she accepted, so the possibility for kissing was enabled.

Excellent episode. I was dissappointed they didn't show that kiss though...
Jul 18, 2009 5:50 PM

Mar 2009
I'm going to save some time on every Saturday morning from now on just to watch new episodes of this ASAP. Moments of beautiful atmosphere have been built up so early on, and the characters are intriguing, and not exaggerated in any way. Interesting to see the animation, especially of character movement, become so much looser. It doesn't look bad, but I don't think it'll lend much more to the style until I've had another episode or two to get used to it. This series only looks to get better so far and in the future, which is a brilliant sign. My clear favorite of the season, and now I really anticipate whenever I get around to watching H+C.

Not very related, but
awindslowly said:
kaena said:
wtf????
i mean wtf???
i mean wtf?????

1) It's yuri.
2) She asked Fumi out and she accepted, so the possibility for kissing was enabled.

Excellent episode. I was dissappointed they didn't show that kiss though...

I feel so much nerdier than ever for instantly wondering if you'd switched topics to a VN with 'kissing being enabled.' XP
And to Kaena, Fumi's already a lesbian, seems you missed the rather blatant implications about her cousin.
Jul 18, 2009 6:13 PM
Jun 2008
kaena said:
wtf????
i mean wtf???

Oh God, where do I start...?

Homosexuality is accepted... in lots of places. There are gay and bisexual people everywhere and if you don't see or know any, it's because they are avoiding you or are private about their personal life.

Considering especially that the story is set with two all girls' schools as the setting, it is even more likely you find girls engaging in relationships. Not saying girls' schools make you gay, I'm just saying the likelihood that two girls end up dating would be a lot more common than in co-ed schools simply because there are more girls. I for example went to an all-girls' school, Catholic too, private even (you know, the works) and I have not, in my many years there, met a lesbian. But there were lots and lots of bisexual girls or girls who have dated other girls, and not for lack of men, since there was the boys' college literally across the street from us.

As far as people in Aoi Hana are concerned, nobody knows that Fumi or Yasuko decided to go on a date. Pon-chan and the others catch them and are spying, they talk about a "romantic mood" etc. but it's very common that romance in Japan especially amongst girls is not linked to sex as it is in the West. I don't know why this is, but on our side of the planet, any time someone in anime even shows an inkling of affection to another character, we immediately perceive that they want to jump into bed and have hot monkey sex. That isn't the case at all and it wasn't even written with the intention of that. Romance =/= sexuality. Something can be romantic without being sexual. So Pon-chan and the others looked on at that scene and thought Yasuko and Fumi were just having a private girls' talk and getting to know one another better. If they knew it was about a date, they'd have surely had different reactions.

Another example of girls being extra-friendly with other girls and NOT being gay is when Kyouko gets a love letter from another girl; this wouldn't even be perceived as homosexuality because Japanese girls are very comfortable with openly admiring other women. It doesn't mean they physically or romantically desire them. So when Akira is in the chapel and thinks to herself, "Why did I have a feeling that Kyouko is in love with another woman?" this is a big deal for her, because it would mean Kyouko might be a *whispers* lesbian. Which is a hush-hush thing still for a lot of people.

kaena said:
i mean wtf?????

I think you totally misunderstood that entire scene :/

Fumi was in no way pissed or even being taken advantage of. Her nervousness came about because she was not exactly ready to be kissed, not that she didn't want it. I mean, for God's sake, context, people, CONTEXT.

She had just only, we can assume days or weeks ago, ended whatever she had with Chizu. Why would she want to rush in to another physical relationship with a girl? She just wasn't exactly sure if she wanted to take her relationship with Yasuko to the next level just yet, though she was absolutely and obviously smitten with the older girl, as you can tell with the 200 blushes per second.

Adding to that, Fumi hasn't exactly acknowledged her preferences just as yet. Surely she seems very attracted to women, but her hesitance in this beginning episodes are clearly the sign of someone who is in the closet or is slowly accepting their sexuality. If you read into the scene with her and Chizu, she kept saying things like, "It's not that I didn't know/want it. It's just that I was scared." or something to that effect. It could be reference to either:

1. her sexuality
2. the idea of having an intimate relationship with Chizu.

Damn it, and I thought I had nothing to say about this episode.
tehnominatorJul 18, 2009 6:18 PM
Jul 18, 2009 6:20 PM

Jun 2008
The guy inside me wanted to see that kiss =(

Still, I'm totally digging the character development.
Jul 18, 2009 8:37 PM

Apr 2008
This show has really started to grow on me. I'm wondering if Fumi and Ah-chan will end up together or if this is going to be filled with lots of broken hearts.
Jul 18, 2009 8:51 PM
May 2008
The progression is nicely paced which is kind of odd for such a short series. Overall another enjoyable episode and nicely done character development/progression.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 18, 2009 9:21 PM

Oct 2007
gloomheart said:
The guy inside me wanted to see that kiss =(
So does the guy outside you.

NeloDeath said:
The progression is nicely paced which is kind of odd for such a short series.
Well you can't say that is a short series because you are not going to see the real ending with just 11 episodes. More seasons should be coming after.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 18, 2009 10:45 PM

Jan 2008
Dayan said:
~i wonder why i kkep watching this when i hate yuri this much, but the show is kinda nice, so once i strated i guess i wont drop it just for this...

I know what you mean, I don't normally go for any shows that are shoujo-ai or yuri. I cluelessly started this series thinking it was a slice-of-life about friends, but I quickly discovered that it wasn't quite the case. ;D

Nonetheless, I am enjoying it so far so I think I'll keep watching it.
Jul 18, 2009 11:10 PM

Sep 2008
MistressMorbid said:
I know what you mean, I don't normally go for any shows that are shoujo-ai or yuri. I cluelessly started this series thinking it was a slice-of-life about friends, but I quickly discovered that it wasn't quite the case. ;D

I agree with you there. Generally this type of show isn't my cup of tea, and another show I'm watching practically shoving yuri down the viewers throat made this come at a rather bad time. And yet I'm really liking this series.

The pacing is what's drawing me into the show, you get the sensation that nobody's forcing anything to happen, everyone's waiting for others to be comfortable.

The closest thing to forcing was the kiss, and even there the older did back off and warn her that she was going to try again. And even though they didn't show it, it felt like it was for intimacy, not for the fleshy sensationalism. That's something it seems that the western world has forgotten about.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Jul 18, 2009 11:37 PM

Dec 2008
I wonder what Ah-chan's role in all this is. Fumi definitely is adorable.
Jul 18, 2009 11:44 PM

Jan 2009
The pace of this episode was Okay, some scenes giving us up some hints such as Aa-Chan jealously (?) The cute scene of Aa being stalked by his brother and the face of Fumi when that Senpai (forgot her name) called up at her with such an informal way; very well animated. Still not expecting so much, I wasn't hoping for a kiss so fast but oh well.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 19, 2009 7:24 AM

Oct 2007
The animation is getting sloppy... any of you noticed?
Look at this -> http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9417/fumibed.png

And this was only the most prominent one xD

Anyway, about the episode itself... I had a little hope they would show the kiss, since they improved that Fumi/Chizu scene, manga had only black panels and dialogue balloons; but my hopes were in vain, unfortunately.

They are picking some pace animating the manga, but still faithful to it, thankfully. I just hope the anime won't just end at the end of this season, there are a lot of things on manga I want to see animated xD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#koharubi@irc.rizon.net
#ayu@irc.rizon.net

Jul 19, 2009 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
Nice episode. Not-so-fast and not-so-slow paced story really good. The development for each character is also great. The romance starts now~

Why didn't the kiss showed !!??
Jul 19, 2009 1:15 PM
Sep 2008
wanna see the kiss :(

But great episode
Jul 19, 2009 3:04 PM

May 2009
Another great episode. Aa-chan's brother is really creepy....
Jul 19, 2009 5:53 PM

Apr 2009
MistressMorbid said:
Dayan said:

Haha I felt the same way!
Jul 20, 2009 12:17 AM

May 2009
kaena said:
wtf????
i mean wtf???
i mean wtf?????

learn to spell first, moron.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2009 2:55 AM

Mar 2008
Good post, tehnominator.

It was a really beautiful episode, like the 2nd one too. That sudden development was kind of unexpected in a positive way. There is much going on and the atmosphere is awesome. Totally reminds me of Marimite plus more shoujo-ai.

This is getting more and more into a position where it can be considered one of the 3 best shows of this season.

BTW, am I the only one that thought not showing the kiss had much more impact?
Jul 20, 2009 3:18 AM

Jun 2009
The realistic relationships - first date nerves, shyness, everything, it all comes together really well in Aoi Hana. Thanks for the post technominator. The emotional impact of the entire anime is just dragging me in. My first yuri/shoujo-ai and I couldn't have picked a better one!
Jul 20, 2009 4:13 AM
Jun 2008
Bastion said:

I'm watching practically shoving yuri down the viewers throat made this come at a rather bad time.

I can only assume you mean Kanamemo, Saki or that Fight!! Juuden-chan whatever thing.

Bastion said:
The closest thing to forcing was the kiss, and even there the older did back off and warn her that she was going to try again.

And yet that still wasn't forcing. The focus of Fumi's interaction with Yasuko is how naturally their relationship is developing. It's quite... normal. Which makes her flustered and excited and confused, since she's not used to normal (secretly fooling around with your cousin isn't exactly the romance every 16 year old girl dreams about, is it...?) and Yasuko is giving her some romantic stability.

I mean, it progresses so naturally. No love confession, no falling down and catching people, no life or death situation, no screaming, no misunderstood communication or anything dramatic.

It went from:

First meeting --> second meeting --> more meetings.

Trip to an environment outside of school (when they go to see the Drama club in Fujigatani) --> Yasuko presenting interest --> first date.

Rendezvous at all the romantic locales in the town --> holding hands --> Yasuko calling Fumi informally (that entire scene with her calling Fumi by her first name and then without honorifics was pretty slick; I'd fall for someone as charming as that) --> they agree to go on more dates in the future.

Established relationship --> first kiss.

I haven't seen an ordinary romantic relationship depicted in anime in quite a while (or maybe, ever, but I'm sure there are cases escaping my mind at the moment).

But back to the kiss, I don't think it was in any way forced. I mean, put yourself in Fumi's shoes: your ultra-cool, very good-looking, popular, self-confident upperclassman who you are dating leans in close to you while you're both alone in a library. If Fumi was a different kind of girl, I'd have no doubt that more than a kiss might have happened.

And Yasuko wasn't forceful about it. "Resolved" should be the term used for this. I mean, Fumi says that she's not quite ready. Yasuko gives her a look (and as you can tell, Fumi's pretty much a goner for those looks) and says, "Then ready yourself." I think it's very classic romance, what with the "guy" taking the lead and the sweet girl is left helpless as she's swept away by her Romeo. Thumbs up for it.

Ixtli said:
The animation is getting sloppy... any of you noticed?
Look at this -> [url=http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9417/fumibed.png]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9417/fumibed.png/

I did notice that, actually :P I thought I was the only one who saw that. But the art for this episode was vacillating in between being more defined than usual and then having no definition as you can see there. The close-ups are still marvellous though. And dear God, the lighting is amazing.

stAtic91 said:
Another great episode. Aa-chan's brother is really creepy....

At least he got pwned in the face by a hard cover book, so let's call that divine retribution :D Ah-chan's mother is hilarious. Am I the only one noticing this, but Fumi doesn't exactly seem to have a great relationship with her parents. I mean, she's not as nearly as close to her mom as Ah-chan is with hers. It's probably for contrast again between Fumi and Akira.

@all those who read previous post:

I wasn't even going to say anything about this episode TwT I just saw that... er... comment left by the other dude, and had to rectify it.
tehnominatorJul 20, 2009 5:21 AM
Jul 20, 2009 4:24 AM

Jan 2008
Lol, Ah-chan's brother sure is overprotective. Maybe going a bit overboard too.
Jul 20, 2009 8:07 AM

Jul 2009
I enjoy this show because even though there's tons of yuri, they don't seem to emphasise the fact that the anime is yuri and diverts my attention more to the plot and the romance.
Although, the fact that there are so many lesbians in two seemingly ordinary girls school does kinda bug me, cos it doesn't feel realistic. I know i shouldn't complain about realism in animes but cant help it in this case~
Otherwise, the story seems to be progressing nicely

Jul 20, 2009 4:13 PM

Aug 2008
saxophone said:
I wonder what Ah-chan's role in all this is. Fumi definitely is adorable.

Same here, seeing the OP makes me think things but so far it isnt coming out right.

A pretty bold episode, I didnt think Yasuko would pop the question this early on, but it turned out just fine. I hope it works out for Fumi this time around

Jul 20, 2009 10:46 PM

Dec 2007
This episode has a nice progression, and it’s very enjoyable to watch their interesting relationship. I really wanted to see that kiss, though. I wonder if this series would be filled with many broken hearts in few episodes later. Fumi is definitely adorable.
Jul 22, 2009 10:51 AM

Sep 2008
Finally there is some progression throughout the relationships. I wanted to see the on-screen kiss though! O;
Jul 22, 2009 6:57 PM

Nov 2006
beautiful episode!
loved the focus on fumi's hair. reminded me of the chick from shion no ou's hair. very elegant.
Jul 22, 2009 9:06 PM

Nov 2007
kaena said:
wtf????
i mean wtf???
i mean wtf?????

dude, it's an anime about an all-girls school. 2 in fact. if you can name an anime about life in a strictly female school who's occupants are not all blatant lesbians please tell me because i'd like to see it just to know it exists.
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Jul 23, 2009 5:07 AM
Oct 2008
randomness2376 said:

Although, the fact that there are so many lesbians in two seemingly ordinary girls school does kinda bug me, cos it doesn't feel realistic. I know i shouldn't complain about realism in animes but cant help it in this case~

Are there some special sort of lesbian girls' schools in real life to which you make such a comparison? Face it: there are lesbians in all schools, everywhere.

And whaddya mean so many lesbians? Fumi's the only lesbian in the anime. I see a lot of bisexuals though, (I mean that cousin chick, she was just experimenting, so I don't even think she's bi, just horny and bored), that and from what I read on sites about the other characters:

Anyway, how is a small handful of girls who like girls an overwhelming amount?

I went to a run of the mill, every day, normal, boring public co-ed high school school and I had at least 1 lesbian friend and five bisexual female friends all in the same year as I was in (that's not even including the poofs and bisexual guys either). That's also not even including all the gay girls who went to private schools who I also knew.

Now look at that, 6 girls who liked girls in real life versus Aoi Hana's fictional 3. Wow, how unrealistic of Aoi Hana! If it has done something unrealistic, then it would be underepresenting the actual numbers of gay girls in real life, especially in all girls' schools.

It seems you don't know any gay people, because as far as school life is concerned, it isn't uncommon.
Jul 23, 2009 7:58 AM

Jul 2007
iamjoe said:
randomness2376 said:

Are there some special sort of lesbian girls' schools in real life to which you make such a comparison? Face it: there are lesbians in all schools, everywhere.

And whaddya mean so many lesbians? Fumi's the only lesbian in the anime. I see a lot of bisexuals though, (I mean that cousin chick, she was just experimenting, so I don't even think she's bi, just horny and bored), that and from what I read on sites about the other characters:

Anyway, how is a small handful of girls who like girls an overwhelming amount?

I went to a run of the mill, every day, normal, boring public co-ed high school school and I had at least 1 lesbian friend and five bisexual female friends all in the same year as I was in (that's not even including the poofs and bisexual guys either). That's also not even including all the gay girls who went to private schools who I also knew.

Now look at that, 6 girls who liked girls in real life versus Aoi Hana's fictional 3. Wow, how unrealistic of Aoi Hana! If it has done something unrealistic, then it would be underepresenting the actual numbers of gay girls in real life, especially in all girls' schools.

It seems you don't know any gay people, because as far as school life is concerned, it isn't uncommon.

I gotta know... do you think it's fabulous?
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jul 23, 2009 8:41 AM
Jul 2009
iamjoe said:

I've read up to the latest raw available (chapter 28) and I can assure you that's just not true (at all). They have seen each other just a few times really, and there have never been any hints that she may feel that way about him. People just fantasize about this because they see her as the "straight friend", but that's also a misconception. She has never been interested in romance (she states this herself), so we don't know whether she likes guys, girls, or both.

Things begin to change in chapter 25 though, so probably you should read the manga yourself instead of going by what others say about it.

I do agree with you that at this point in the story (going by anime) the only lesbian is Fumi. In the manga though, things are already different.
1idd0kunJul 23, 2009 11:04 AM
Jul 24, 2009 5:05 AM
Oct 2008
1idd0kun said:
iamjoe said:

I've read up to the latest raw available (chapter 28) and I can assure you that's just not true (at all). They have seen each other just a few times really, and there have never been any hints that she may feel that way about him. People just fantasize about this because they see her as the "straight friend", but that's also a misconception. She has never been interested in romance (she states this herself), so we don't know whether she likes guys, girls, or both.

Things begin to change in chapter 25 though, so probably you should read the manga yourself instead of going by what others say about it.

I do agree with you that at this point in the story (going by anime) the only lesbian is Fumi. In the manga though, things are already different.

Do you people know what the fuck a spoiler tag is?

Or does a "This is an anime only discussion, do not discuss the manga beyond this point." message not make sense to you?

Read my post. Did I mention anything OUTSIDE OF THE SPOILER TAG that related to later chapters? No. Only what has transpired thus far.

I am not reading the manga--I am going with what I am observing in the anime and what I know of the first volume of this series, which is what I can only surmise that this entire anime series will feature.

Just so you know, I didn't bother reading anything beyond "I am spoiling up to the last available raw (chapter 28) so your entire counter-rant has just fizzled into nothing.

There's a tutorial here on MAL about using spoiler tags, go look for it.
Jul 24, 2009 5:10 AM
Oct 2008
Splitter said:
I gotta know... do you think it's fabulous?

Fabulous enough for me to troll moar.

I haven't been this excited about an anime since Junjou Romantica. Except this series is turning out to be less fagtastic but curiously also less fail. Let's hope for the best.

I just marvel at the largely unfabulous fanbase this series seems to have gathered: people who are yuri fanatics and are slashing every character with the other and there's the other end of the sparkly rainbow (not as sparkly as mine though) where there are yuri haters who are saying, "WTF they're gay??? But I'll keep watching it even though I hate yuri." Which makes no sense to me.

Whatever.
Jul 24, 2009 9:54 AM
Jul 2009
iamjoe said:
Do you people know what the fuck a spoiler tag is?

Don't be an ass. I didn't mention any name, so other people can't possibly know who I was talking about unless they look what you wrote first (which is under spoiler tags).

And please, don't tell me "But you're spoiling me" because this was something you thought you already knew. I just was correcting those facts for you.
1idd0kunJul 24, 2009 11:38 AM
Jul 26, 2009 12:19 AM

Feb 2009
I really enjoy the art of this anime. J.C Staff rules.

Jul 28, 2009 4:14 AM

May 2008
argh glad they hide that scene was kinda freaky for me

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 30, 2009 6:57 AM

Oct 2008
greenmush said:
argh glad they hide that scene was kinda freaky for me

As I suspected: a 15 year old boy.

Nothing is wrong with girls kissing mate... they do it more than you think.

Excellent episode, yet again. I think some people are not aware that this anime also has the K-ON! passage of time: weeks are flying by but we're not seeing it. I think it's a smart move though, since showing us day to day development would simply be tedious. So the time skips are nice. I think a lot of people think that Fumi and Sugimoto just began dating, but if you pay attention to the events happening around them, a lot of days have passed in between their first meeting, their trip to Fujigaya and their first date and then their first kiss.

The drama festival I think serves as an "internal clock" for the series, so we can get an idea of how far things are going. When the anime just started, the club was taking in new members. By episode two and three, they are getting the script together and working on getting cast members.

Episode 04 onwards:

I doubt that a drama festival put on by the elementary, middle and high schools would take like two weeks to put together, so I say, roughly, that a couple of months have already passed since Fumi and Akira first met on that train for their first day at school.

So if you think about it, chronologically, Fumi and Yasuko are moving at a pretty normal pace for two people in a relationship. It hasn't been, "Okay, I know you for three days--let's make out now."

@iamjoe:

Make love, not war.
I'm with stupid.
Aug 15, 2009 3:40 PM

Apr 2009
randomness2376 said:

I have to agree. I mean, there are a lot of bis/homos IRL but in this anime it seems like hetero does not exist. It seems unrealistic that it goes so smoothly with the love etc. I hope you understand what I mean XD
I thought and wanted it to be more drama and not this easy loveydovey. But good for them :) (but not everyone)
Aug 16, 2009 4:02 AM
Jun 2008
KeroroGunsou said:
randomness2376 said:

I have to agree. I mean, there are a lot of bis/homos IRL but in this anime it seems like hetero does not exist. It seems unrealistic that it goes so smoothly with the love etc. I hope you understand what I mean XD
I thought and wanted it to be more drama and not this easy loveydovey. But good for them :) (but not everyone)

I don't think gay people would appreciate you calling them homos. It's quite in the same vein as you watching The Lord of the Dance and going, "Those micks sure can dance!" You mightn't have meant it in an offensive way, but the sting of the word is still there.

And heterosexuality DOES exist in this anime, what are you talking about? All the parents are straight. Kyouko's cousin is straight. Pon-chan, Yassan and Mogi aren't interested in girls, and neither is Akira. Later on, you see that

Plus, if they ever decide to animated the rest of the manga, het relationships kick it up much, much more. But this isn't a story about those people--it's a story about a lesbian teenager. If we're seeing this from her viewpoint, wtf are we even seeing heterosexual couples for? Those aren't important to her life nor do they matter to her.

So I don't know why everyone is saying it's unrealistic when the anime is only focussing on ONE lesbian character and her attraction to ONE other girl. And ONE remaining girl who has a crush on another girl.

That's, lemme count it, three characters who even show inclination to women (unless you want to count Chizu, who is not gay).

I find it so funny that if this were a straight romance, there'd be ten times the number of straight couples/crushes/loves and yet nobody would stop and say, "This is unrealistic! Society has gay people too! There should be at least one gay couple!"

This anime just centralises its attention to the homosexual pairings in the series. And I should say, homosexual PAIRING. Since there's only one.

And trust me, it's probably because you're still young, but there are lots and lots and lots of people in same-sex relations and relationships. You just don't know it. I know lots of bisexual people, and it's not even through actively seeking them out. It just so happened a lot of the friends I made over the years were bisexual or approved/accepted homosexuality. Like people and like minds tend to find one another even if they're not looking. So having the gay people in Aoi Hana gravitate to one another isn't shocking--it's pretty normal. I don't even know how it happens but it does, especially in real life.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MRLX69 - Jul 1, 2009

129 by hagukoko »»
Mar 14, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Fugles - Sep 9, 2009

127 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 7, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Aug 12, 2009

65 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 6, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jul 8, 2009

80 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:06 PM

Poll: » Aoi Hana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

starrysky - Sep 2, 2009

56 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 10, 2023 10:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.