Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 26, 2009 5:30 PM

Jan 2008
But seriously I really think that Elen is still alive o_O That posture on the nights sky fit her, And her hair (wtf you could brake your tonge xD) was also outlined. My guess is that she will be back and she will fight Zwei... or not. To hell with speculations I want another episode!
Jun 26, 2009 6:02 PM

Feb 2008
I love the new Reiji. He's colder, older, sexier and even more dangerous. I think the new look and hair suits him as well as he new edge.

Brava!
Jun 26, 2009 6:08 PM

May 2009
Hinata020 said:
I love the new Reiji. He's colder, older, sexier and even more dangerous. I think the new look and hair suits him as well as he new edge.

Brava!

Agreed, he's way more badass now, exactly how phantom should be.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Jun 26, 2009 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
LOL XD got bunch of things to say
Reiji's theme song is ba XD
it was played like 3+ times XD

also i knew it was New York XD , the first part looked somewhere near the Brooklyn Bridge XD

New hair also BA XD

HAD to LOL at Reiji's last line of the episode it was something like " i screw up ppl's lives" XD

hmm , o also gatta ask yourself if this series would end like deathnote XD
gatta ask yourself whether the main character is a good guy or bad guy
lastly hate to say it but Reiji's facial expression looks like he is gonna rape some1 anytime O.O
ClearSinzJun 26, 2009 6:54 PM
Jun 26, 2009 7:28 PM

Sep 2008
kerobear said:
IS it me or he kind of looks differnt?

I thought so too. O_o. He looked different to me as well.
Jun 26, 2009 7:41 PM

Aug 2008
Static said:
Music was PIMP, Zwei was PIMPer... This episode amused me :3
fixed
Jun 26, 2009 7:50 PM

May 2008
what the heck this show made one big round to where they first started =.= ohh well here comes a loli

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 26, 2009 7:51 PM

Aug 2007
i get the feeling new pimp zwei is going to rape that little girl =/.
Jun 26, 2009 8:33 PM

Oct 2008
I like him getting it on with claudia :) I hope it stays that way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Jun 26, 2009 9:55 PM

Nov 2008
Loving this new Renji! getting the ladies always is a good thing :P

Jun 26, 2009 10:01 PM

Apr 2009
kerobear said:
IS it me or he kind of looks differnt?

he looks f***n` HOTT!~

Jun 26, 2009 10:27 PM

Apr 2009
loli Cal FTW!!.lol. Great episode, new and improved Reji was indeed cool.
Jun 26, 2009 10:59 PM
Dec 2008
Reiji looked like he was getting a little motor boat action going there.
Jun 26, 2009 11:51 PM

Apr 2008
i have a feeling the killer might be Eien

Jun 27, 2009 12:48 AM
Apr 2009
Music in this episode was awesome! Does anyone know, where it can be downloaded?
Jun 27, 2009 1:51 AM

Jan 2009
Anyway, great episode as usual. First minute I was like "wtf is going? Is this anime?" Pretty impressing background. And I lol'd that one soundtrack was used in this episode 5 times.

dandandan said:
Music in this episode was awesome! Does anyone know, where it can be downloaded?

OST isn't released yet.
Jun 27, 2009 4:30 AM

May 2009
TadloS said:
First minute I was like "wtf is going? Is this anime?" Pretty impressing background.

You weren't the only one thinking that. It was really impressive.

I like the introduction of Cal, though I do worry that they might make her more annoying than helpful. Still, I'm sure we know where this will all lead to eventually in terms of plot.
Jun 27, 2009 6:16 AM

Aug 2008
Another 'loli a with gun' anime. Great... just great... :/
Reji/Cal arrangement was one of the dumbest scenes I've ever seen. I liked the first half of the episode though.
GuroFXJun 27, 2009 6:20 AM
Jun 27, 2009 8:36 AM

Mar 2008
ah great music, great how Zwei/Reji looks/acts now.
A lot of good improvement over the first arc.
I dunno who the shade was the logical would be Ein ... but baah i wouldn't like that.
The new kiddie looks okay, i hope she can shake some more emotions out of Zwei/Reji

MAL list updates
Jun 27, 2009 11:10 AM

Jan 2009
Cal is kinda lol but nice to see the main protaganist with some emotion even if inside he is "dead"

Also Claudia groan and bath robe = nose bleed

As for reji's look, he either

1. got longer hair
2. hair gel

Also good stylist :p
Jun 27, 2009 1:15 PM

Aug 2008
Jacut said:
It was good hoenstly, great direction as always. And nice developments too overall, I like the way the series is handled, and I hope we won't see Ein ever again (not that I don't like this character, but well... she's dead, and a dead character shouldn't be revived under any circumstance).

Oh cooome on! People, what's wrong with you? Seriously, let's just rewind to 10th ep. Reji was shot FOUR times in the freakin' chest, while Elen got only one bullet (one could say it was in heart, but I doubt that anyone can be 100% sure). So HOW, tell me HOW Elen is more dead than Reji?

I have to admit, my logically thinking part of brain is more annoyed by Reji being still alive - so I said myself "hey, if they made him live after 4 bullets, why wouldn't they let Elen live as well" ;_;
Jun 27, 2009 1:31 PM

Jul 2006
Reji looked kind of pimpish lol with the background music and the pink shirt and all XD But he is hot though ;p
Elen cant be dead right! I want her back! And hope she kills Claudia.
MarzipanNekoJun 27, 2009 10:42 PM
Jun 27, 2009 2:00 PM

Aug 2008
lawl this was an interesting episode
No man fails if he does his best
- Orison Swett Marden
Jun 27, 2009 2:41 PM

Jun 2008
Worst episode so far. So,they thought Zwei would be "cool" with Hip-Hop Bgm.Sadly,the BGM failed hardly. Oh yeah,i heard the background music about 4 times... in one episode,the SAME music...nice,good work!
The episode was boring as hell,I was almost going to sleep...
Jun 27, 2009 3:06 PM
Apr 2009
I can almost predict what is going to happen down the line. Regi making a choice between killing Elen or disappointing/saving the little girl Cal....
Jun 27, 2009 3:31 PM

Nov 2007
Not exactly excited about the new Reiji. Especially him getting it on with Claudia. =/

Cal seems annoying.
Jun 27, 2009 5:05 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
Don't like new music. Operatic Choir > Hip-hoppish "city music".

I'll withhold judgement on the loli. She's only been in one episode so far, people!

I do think it's interesting she got in a car with Reiji when she doesn't know him at all. :3
Jun 27, 2009 5:27 PM

Oct 2008
KingDeadKira said:

i also think that :)

Jun 27, 2009 5:30 PM
Jul 2008
omg this episode was so gangsta best anime of the year im calling it.the freakn theme song was hott.it had me bouncing and im black so i like hip e roof music. its quite obvious that it was elen on too.great ep
Jun 27, 2009 5:35 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
Whoashi-

Episode 13 is already out!
Jun 27, 2009 8:23 PM
May 2008
Alright episode but not much happened as far as story progression. However this episode was nice to see Reiji's character progression in the past months and he got a loli partner... who could have seen that coming. <.<

Like some others have speculated I too think that the killer was Elen/Ein, and I believe Reiji thinks so as well and is using Cal to get closer to the killer/Elen.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 27, 2009 8:29 PM

Nov 2008
anyone know the name of the song at the start of this ep i love the beat
Jun 27, 2009 11:01 PM
Apr 2008
Hahaha, Reiji is such a player, get that McCunnen ass.

Anyways, alright episode. Like everyone has said, Cal seems to be annoying already. I like the music that goes along with Reiji-pimp-mode, it's a nice beat. This is definitely one of the more interesting series out of the Spring 09 season, IMO.
Jun 28, 2009 3:16 AM

Oct 2008
NeloDeath said:
Like some others have speculated I too think that the killer was Elen/Ein, and I believe Reiji thinks so as well and is using Cal to get closer to the killer/Elen.

that's exactly what i think.. and the 15th episode is called "Reunion", so that could be reunion of Ein and Zwei ;)

Jun 28, 2009 3:22 AM

Jan 2009
Average episode. The background music was annoying, though. I wonder for how long Cal will stick around
Jun 28, 2009 4:13 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Great episode. At first I thought I'd accidentally started a movie or some action detective episode like CSI lol.

Music was very nice, episode itself, too. Not convinced that Eren is gone yet. Looking forward to see what the loli's role is gonna be.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 28, 2009 4:18 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Great episode. At first I thought I'd accidentally started a movie or some action detective episode like CSI lol..

Haha exactly.

I thought: "wtf? Did I started a CSI episode by mistake?"

Well... the episode was interesting. Seems like a lot of awesome stuff is going to happen again.
Jun 28, 2009 5:00 PM

Dec 2008
Niklai said:
Oh cooome on! People, what's wrong with you? Seriously, let's just rewind to 10th ep. Reji was shot FOUR times in the freakin' chest, while Elen got only one bullet (one could say it was in heart, but I doubt that anyone can be 100% sure). So HOW, tell me HOW Elen is more dead than Reji?

I have to admit, my logically thinking part of brain is more annoyed by Reji being still alive - so I said myself "hey, if they made him live after 4 bullets, why wouldn't they let Elen live as well" ;_;

To be honest, I've given up on seeing realism in this show. The only way Reiji could have been saved with that many gunshot wounds to the chest/abdomen would be through major surgery and some good recovery time (though, from last episode, he seemed fully recovered after only 3 months...)

Overall, it was an OK episode with good and bad points. Animation was solid, and the opening nightscape scene was amazing - I was almost fooled into thinking it was real. The plot is moving along nicely, which is a lot more than I can say for other series.

Bad points include Reiji's hip-hop theme. The music, in and of itself, is not that bad but it was played too many times in one episode (actually, I've found this is a problem of BGM themes in Phantom in general) and, sometimes, it didn't really fit the atmosphere of the scenes playing out (the opening scenes come to mind here). Also, I agree with nx6 that it was interesting that a little girl would get into a car with a suspicious guy like Reiji when she hardly knows him >.> She obviously learned nothing about not getting into cars with strangers.
AeternaJun 29, 2009 12:46 AM
Jun 29, 2009 12:16 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode. Zwei with the "i will rape someone" look on his face seems interesting and Claudia role in the anime is getting really big. The development of her relationship with Zwei and Inferno will be interesting for the future episodes.

I was firstly shock like other people by the opening. I was like wtf! this seems real. And it really had a CSI kind of start to it. Phantom really has nice drawing and this is something i love about this show.

Also the mystery killer left lot's of clues that it might be Ein and that's something good since i definitely prefer her from stupid loli. Why did he took that loli with him anyway? With that new look on his face it really seems like he wants to rape her lol!
Also i predict a dead black guy in the future. Guess who am talking about.
Jun 29, 2009 1:14 AM

Jan 2008
Zwei is <3. I just had to say it.
Jun 29, 2009 2:30 AM

Jan 2009
Aeterna said:
Also, I agree with nx6 that it was interesting that a little girl would get into a car with a suspicious guy like Reiji when she hardly knows him >.> She obviously learned nothing about not getting into cars with strangers.

Er... you are aware that she's currently homeless, and trying to stay off the streets? In ep12, she has pegged Reiji as a sugardaddy-for-the-time-being, and so she's taking the risk. Besides, you see her shaking and frightened in the shower, too. But what's the alternative to her?

Watch ep13 and you'll understand more.
Jun 29, 2009 7:58 PM

Jan 2009
Hinata020 said:
I love the new Reiji. He's colder, older, sexier and even more dangerous.
Exactly what i wanted to say lol.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 2, 2009 9:03 PM

Mar 2008
- Awesome opening scene
- Overall boring episode
- The music theme is nice, but gets tiring after being played 5 or 6 times in the same episode
- Claudia (apparently) was nerfed to Reiji's plaything
- Cal's intro seemed incredibly rushed and random (not a very good combo)
- Don't like Cal's voice... at all
- Hated that they're "partners"... no logic whatsoever
- Have a feeling that I'll hate Cal

Basically (personal opinion), worst episode yet.
Jul 3, 2009 7:22 PM
Jun 2009
Okay, I hate the protagonist now. What kind of a moron involves a little girl after all he went through? I want Ein back dammit.
Jul 5, 2009 1:21 AM

Apr 2009
This show feels nothing like what I thought it would be 7 episodes ago. Reiji's thoughts after teaming up with Cal were kinda disturbing. Crowdia should have been roasting in the ground, lame boring btch. Hmm I also get the feeling Reiji is going to be dead at the end of this show.

And whats with loli Cal? Its like watching some serious film like Assasination of Jesse James and suddenly a cute 10yr old girl shows up at Robert Ford's place and tries to team up with him with smiles and all.

Finally, I don't like the Hip Hop theme. I hope it goes away soon. With 14 more episodes, I hope it gets better.
Jul 5, 2009 7:33 AM
Jul 2009
I have a link to that hip hop theme, anybody

http://hotfile.com/dl/8044064/f15a624/Zwei_theme_songs.mp3.html
Jul 5, 2009 1:54 PM

Jul 2009
FUCK YEAH!!! Finally a brotagonist who got 'nuff guts to hit a milf. Otherwise, epic ep

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 5, 2009 2:32 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
/me LOLs at the last three posts on this thread.

madaodomo said:
And whats with loli Cal? Its like watching some serious film like Assasination of Jesse James and suddenly a cute 10yr old girl shows up at Robert Ford's place and tries to team up with him with smiles and all.

*golfclap*
Jul 6, 2009 6:34 PM

Jul 2009
nx6 said:
/me LOLs at the last three posts on this thread.

madaodomo said:

*golfclap*

Why thank you, I just merely express mah insane lurve for a "truly" hot woman, you know?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 9, 2009 12:56 PM
Nov 2008
zwei kinda looks sexier...pimp-mode my ass..that's called the cool-sexy-bad-guy style..rofl..lmao..anyway,interesting rpogression,really didn't see it coming...except for the part with claudia[ playtoyplaytoy]....liked the music in this episode..boogie cool pimp style indeed..=))
still..kinda..unbelievable that he took the girl in just like that..and she accepted..just like that..-.-
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ckam - Jul 20, 2009

71 by bubba460z »»
Dec 17, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.