Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2009 11:54 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another sob fest
This episode was such a great way to end the series tho
I absolutely loved
A very happy ending after such a sad few episodes =]]
Definitely will rewatch this someday <3

Jun 26, 2009 4:12 PM

Feb 2009
last 2 eps made me cry but im glad it had a happy ending
Jul 9, 2009 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
Nice ending..i hope there is another season..

i don't see the finishin about Kaoru Problems with The Hanabishi Family nor Aoi Relation with Kaoru are they will married??..

Well Nice anime ..8

Love Aoi
Oct 4, 2009 5:57 PM

Oct 2008
I also wanted some conclusion for Kaoru/Aoi, finally getting married or something >_>
Nov 13, 2009 1:04 AM
May 2009
Does anybody know if there will be another season? I think the story isn't finished. And i'd like to see some conclusion for Aoi & Kaoru =)
Apr 23, 2010 11:58 PM

Nov 2009
I loved the message the anime was trying to show at the end.
May 6, 2010 10:04 AM
Mar 2010
cncfan - you mean "family(/friendship) FTW"?!
^^

i liked the part where both (Aoi/Kaoru) say "Welcome back" to Tina and she starts crying...

Loved it =)
May 8, 2010 1:03 AM

Apr 2010
i feel like they shuld have confessd their love 4 each 2 every1 nd stp keeping it a secret :(
[Catchy, cool, insightful quote]
Jun 8, 2010 7:14 PM

Oct 2008
24 episodes and basically zero progress in their relationship past the first arc.

If everyone continues living in that house, doesn't it basically mean he will never be able to be with Aoi since they will never have any privacy?

Still, a decent anime, but the lack of movement or a satisfying ending is disappointing.
May 21, 2011 8:42 PM
Sep 2010
Lawli-gagger said:
i feel like they shuld have confessd their love 4 each 2 every1 nd stp keeping it a secret :(

Agreed. Although I think Tina may know there's something going on between them, seeing how she heard Kaoru say Aoi's name in his sleep in ep 11.
Oct 1, 2011 6:57 AM

Jun 2008
Murbella said:

Still, a decent anime, but the lack of movement or a satisfying ending is disappointing.

I just finished this series, and I have to agree with this. It wasn't bad... but it wasn't good either.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Feb 5, 2012 2:02 AM

Sep 2011
Really disappointed with the ending no last love scene between Kaoru and Aoi? wtf o'well it could have been worse I guess
Apr 11, 2012 10:35 PM

Dec 2011
An okay ending.
But the season 1 is better. Much better
Jan 8, 2013 1:02 PM
Oct 2012
its already 10 years guys, so i think there wont be another season xd
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
Jun 3, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2012
As thought the ending was disappointing while it did make up for some other points and the fact that Tina came back only after one episode and then leaving again is just meh imo but still okay for the whole series. Knowing that the story isn't properly ended and for me that they didn't properly confess to everyone that Ai is his fiance is still a bit annoying imo which would have made this anime a lot better.

But all in all this two season weren't all too bad it had some decent story and character development so well it was pretty decent all up until now.

Would love a third season but knowing how old this anime itself is I'm sure there won't be another one!
Aug 28, 2014 7:57 AM

Jun 2014
Before watching this sequel im expecting Kaoru will come back to Hanabishi and they'll get married. But I was wrong, their relationship have no progress at all. 5/10
Apr 10, 2016 8:25 PM

Dec 2013
The ending was quite fitting but kinda disappointed that Aoi x Kaoru is still a secret. Especially now they are all one happy family.
May 4, 2016 1:58 PM
Dec 2015
Tenshi_Light said:
The ending was quite fitting but kinda disappointed that Aoi x Kaoru is still a secret. Especially now they are all one happy family.

blessofcurse said:
Before watching this sequel im expecting Kaoru will come back to Hanabishi and they'll get married. But I was wrong, their relationship have no progress at all. 5/10

you guys took the words right out of my mouth
i'm like what the hell
i love their relationship and all
and i think they are a very cute couple
but why are they still a secret
what pisses me of is that they spend so much time on other things
i don't mind listening to other characters stories
but please tone it down
a lot of questions are left unanswered except if they plan to give us a third season
and if they do they should please get to the main point of the story
....though with all my ranting i enjoyed the series and i laughed a lot
how they made a simple story turn out to be so sweet is a mystery to me
Sep 25, 2016 4:23 AM

Feb 2014
Kind of ironic how Tina, who I found to be the most annoying one out of Kaoru's harem, ended up redeeming this season (and herself) during these last few episodes. Too bad the other 2/3rd of the season wasn't as good as these last 3-4 episodes, and instead just had boring and annoying slice of life/harem shenanigans with unfunny comedy.
Mar 28, 2018 9:51 AM

Mar 2016
Subtle romance is pretty rare to see, but I think that's what we've been getting with Kaoru/Aoi. But at what cost? It wasn't anything offensively bad, but couldn't help but think they could have shown something else other than another 'haha the tan loli is in his futon.' Tina is alright so it wasn't a bad ending. Animation, art and design were exceptional like the past season.
Mar 31, 2018 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
Anyone knows where in the manga the anime ends?
Jan 8, 2019 11:29 AM
Dec 2018
Although I think Tina may know there's something going on between them, seeing how she heard Kaoru say Aoi's name in his sleep in ep 11.[/quote]

This is exactly what I thought, after Tina watched Aoi and Kaoru interacting by the crane game at the baths then when Kaoru whispered Aoi's name in his sleep it would have been so much more satisfying if Tina had confronted them with her suspicions and Aoi confessed their love. All that being said other than the ending/none ending I really enjoyed this story. A beautiful love story, gentle and made me really hope for Kaoru and Aoi's happiness. A real shame it's over.
Feb 13, 2020 12:21 PM

Nov 2016
Quite liked the episodes with Tina and this was a very delightful finale again, but there's still something about this anime that left a bad taste in my mouth.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 23, 2020 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
The Flyers are a really strong hockey team.
Mar 24, 2022 8:17 AM
Sep 2021
Great Ending but something feels missing. Some stuff still needs conclusion like the
issue with hanabishi family and the secret relationship. Pretty decent show tho.
Aug 23, 2022 11:37 PM

Dec 2018
we don't even know what happens with his career path or the marriage, core parts of the story
Jul 10, 2023 6:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well, Tina staying in Japan didn’t go the way I thought it would but it definitely still happened and I was very happy to see it, no way they could end it on a bad note lol. And even though this final arc wasn’t focused on Aoi and Kaoru, the show’s main couple, I think it worked very well as an ending to this 2nd season. Tina is one of my personal favorite characters so to see her get this much focus at the end was very nice.

And that was the 2nd Season of Bluer Than Indigo, and pretty much the end of the anime series with just a Christmas special left, and although I think Season 1 was better, this was still a great 2nd season. This season seemed to focus more on the side characters as well as the comedy and SoL, which I really appreciated. I’m sure some folks might be upset that Kaoru and Aoi didn’t get as much focus but Season 1 pretty much concluded their story so I think it makes sense to give them a bit of a backseat. And of course this season gave us another great OP and ED, tho I do prefer Season 1’s slightly more.

And since we’re here at the end of the anime series, I think my pick for best girl has to be Tina, she’s been one of my favorites since Season 1 and I think this season sealed the deal, she’s just the best in my heart. I’m really gonna miss this show and it’s great cast of characters, they were a lot of fun. Now I might have to pick up another 2000s anime to fill the void this one leaves lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi ~Enishi~ Episode 11 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 8, 2009

4 by TheColonel76 »»
Jul 10, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi ~Enishi~ Episode 10 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 6, 2009

6 by TheColonel76 »»
Jul 6, 2023 5:44 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi ~Enishi~ Episode 9 Discussion

8 by TheColonel76 »»
Jul 6, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi ~Enishi~ Episode 8 Discussion

3 by TheColonel76 »»
Jul 5, 2023 9:09 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi ~Enishi~ Episode 7 Discussion

4 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 30, 2023 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.