Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2009 6:39 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The battle is starting with the gathering of all the platoon. Also, Layfon is fighting against Haia at this point with Savaris watching from a distance. Haia's battling skills are incredible, he manage to even cut Layfon but then Layfon return him the favor and end up beating him. But yay! Leerin finally meet Layfon at the end and give him a slap^^ Grendan! it's good that we get to see most of the Heaven's Blade wielder as many of them haven't show us their ability yet :D
ShanaFlameMay 30, 2009 8:17 PM
May 31, 2009 6:56 PM

Aug 2008
Really exciting episode, the fight had me on the edge of my seat. FonFon is still over9000 when he gets serious. I also enjoyed the cute and worried Felli!

I was looking forward to the Zuellni vs Myath match, but this is kind of a big twist that they're going against Grendan. Looks like they plan to close the story with the remaining 3 eps afterall. I wonder what will they do against all those Heaven-Blade Receivers..
May 31, 2009 8:23 PM
Mar 2008
After all that talk dude eats shit, wtflol?! Layfon. Loved when Leerin showed up and now Grendan is here.
May 31, 2009 8:23 PM
Jul 2008
Really good episode, seeing an actually fight that didn't like 1 minute or so. It was really intense fight between Layfon and Haia, although I didn't understand why Layfon held back against Haia during the first few minutes of the fight.

Never would have expected Myath to have retreated, and I was hoping for a good intercity match. I would have never expected Grendan to pop out and have the Heaven-Blade Recievers standing out there.

And Layfon finally gets to see Leerin again.

Wheee 3 episodes left til the season is over.
May 31, 2009 8:40 PM

Jan 2009
From the way it looked, Layfon was just toying with Haia. I guess he could have spanked him from the start, but then what would they do for the other half of the episode...hehe Next weeks episode looks great...
superman89May 31, 2009 8:46 PM
May 31, 2009 8:59 PM

Nov 2006
Haia is so annoying
May 31, 2009 9:42 PM

Aug 2007
Why didn't Layfon just dump on Haia at the beginning so that we wouldn't have to deal with that annoying pain in the ass...? We shall all wonder. xD

And I wonder what's going to happen now that Zuellni is heading towards Grendan. Intercity match? Wouldn't exactly be fair... 7 heaven's blade wielders against a bunch of students and a former heaven's blade? Guess something like the big motherfucking juggernaut mother filth monster will pop up or something.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
May 31, 2009 9:51 PM

Oct 2008
lolz

this episode was pretty good.

lookin' forward to next episode, 3 more lef hope it go well till the end
May 31, 2009 10:17 PM
Feb 2008
great episode, it about time Leerin showed up
Jun 1, 2009 12:24 AM

Sep 2008
great episode, good to finally see Layfon not holding back. Leerin also has finally met up with Layfon. I don't see how this will work though unless theres another season. 3 episodes just does not seem to be enough to cover everything.
Jun 1, 2009 2:25 AM

Nov 2007
It was a good fight, but I wished they had more fight choreography and less clashing auras, its been overused too many times. Looks like we may be in for a great finale, and hopefully super cliffhanger followed by season 2 announcement XD.
Jun 1, 2009 3:38 AM

May 2009
It was a pretty evenly match until Layfon decided to go all out. Don't think Haia will be asking for a rematch. Poor Felli. Even though she was kidnapped, she doesn't even really get her moment with Layfon before Nina shows up, followed by Leerin showing up out of nowhere to steal all of Layfon's attention. You can tell from the end of the episode that we're nearing the end of the season as the heavy hitters have arrived. Interesting stuff.
Jun 1, 2009 4:16 AM

Jan 2009
WinterNightsFall said:
And I wonder what's going to happen now that Zuellni is heading towards Grendan. Intercity match?

Only Academy cities have matches against each other, but that doesn't mean the queen won't come calling for the Haikizoku that's infiltrating Nina's body...
Jun 1, 2009 4:24 AM

Apr 2008
pretty good episode xD awesome fierce fight

Jun 1, 2009 5:08 AM

Jun 2008
Dunno why I didn't enjoy the fight, it just felt dull. Now with Grendan approaching, let's see what's gonna happen.
Jun 1, 2009 7:17 AM

Apr 2008
Enjoyable episode, can't wait to see the other Heaven-Blade Receivers in action!

Kantarou said:
It was a good fight, but I wished they had more fight choreography and less clashing auras, its been overused too many times.
Agreed. Also as with his other fights, good thing Layfon held back since the fight but have been over in 3 seconds! :P
Looks like we may be in for a great finale, and hopefully super cliffhanger followed by season 2 announcement XD.
Hope so, it feelings like there's a lot more story left to tell, though I haven't read the light novels...
Jun 1, 2009 8:17 AM

May 2008
I was hoping for a intercity match and didn't really enjoyed Layfon's fight I hope Grendan appearance spices things up
Jun 1, 2009 8:32 AM

Dec 2007
Fon-fon's fight was awesome and I'm glad that Leering and him finally met up, although that probably means that my last hopes for Felli x FonFon are pretty much crushed (not that I had many to begin with though).

I hope that they can wrap this up decently in the last 3 episodes, it'll probably jump from an good anime to a great one in my book if they manage to do that.
Jun 1, 2009 9:05 AM

Feb 2008
It was obvious that the fight lasted so long because Layfon initially didn't want to kill Haia.

Felli and Nina never had a chance with Layfon to begin with. Even though I was kind of rooting for Felli. It was obvious from the start.
Jun 1, 2009 10:23 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode, the battle was really good. But again, Killer-machine-Layfon showed his insane abilities... Even with a bad injury, he can beat Haia in less than one minute ! 0_o

I laughed a lot when Myath retreated... They feared Grendan, what a bunch of cowards^^

3 episodes left, and now they'll fight against all those Heaven's Blade receivers ? Seems they'll be obliged to skip lot of interesting battles :(
Jun 1, 2009 10:43 AM

Nov 2007
still hoping for a 2nd season. I thought it was Felli or even Nina that slapped him after the preview. how did Leerin get out there by herself anyway? they finally meet though. I had a feeling the ending would have Grendan come looking for them.
Jun 1, 2009 12:30 PM
Oct 2008
I'm guessing Leerin knows what fon fon's kei feels like when he decides to unleash it like that, and the light show did show everyone else where to go... she just took longer to get there it seems.

Grendan vs Zuellni would be a joke... Zuellni's military artists suck for the most part (as shown by them getting owned by the baby filth monsters in an earlier ep)
Jun 1, 2009 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
akuma2002 said:
I laughed a lot when Myath retreated... They feared Grendan, what a bunch of cowards^^

I'm pretty sure it was explained that the city fairies control the movement unknownst by the people inside the city, it's interesting that Grendan butted in though.
Jun 1, 2009 1:29 PM

Dec 2007
I'm amazed by how much Fon Fon holds back, if he was serious it would only taken a second to beay Haia O.o
Jun 1, 2009 1:47 PM
Mar 2009
Layfon is the uber hax; is there no limit to his freaking power?!? And now he might get a new katana from Leerin. >.>
Maybe with Grendan coming, he'll experience his first lost in the show.
Jun 1, 2009 6:05 PM

Jun 2007
superman89 said:
WinterNightsFall said:
And I wonder what's going to happen now that Zuellni is heading towards Grendan. Intercity match?

Only Academy cities have matches against each other, but that doesn't mean the queen won't come calling for the Haikizoku that's infiltrating Nina's body...

Judging from the OP maybe both city's will come together and fight a super bug. Although a fight between both city's would be amazing. We also have to keep in mind one of the Heavens blade receivers is already in the city so if there was a match, all he would have to do is take the flag and GTFO.
Jun 1, 2009 6:31 PM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
superman89 said:
WinterNightsFall said:

Judging from the OP maybe both city's will come together and fight a super bug. Although a fight between both city's would be amazing. We also have to keep in mind one of the Heavens blade receivers is already in the city so if there was a match, all he would have to do is take the flag and GTFO.

LOL That is just perfect. The best way to finished the series with just 3 episodes ^_^

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 1, 2009 6:35 PM
Mar 2009
Can't wait to see confrontation with Grendan
Jun 1, 2009 6:39 PM

Aug 2008
This was a bad episode. After all the set up for the match with Myath, they end up running away, and encountering Grendan instead. So Leerin never even needed to travel to Zuellni in the first place. This show really likes to void itself a whole lot. Then we have Felli reduced to repeating "Fon Fon" over and over again, and Layfon managing to get hurt because he doesn't take Haia seriously. And Nina was sent to back up Layfon because??? Shante and the big guy are the ones that the one guy said could (probably) equal Layfon, so what does Nina have to do with it? I just don't get it at all.
Jun 2, 2009 4:33 AM

Oct 2007
I actually lol a lot when i heard they were going to send Nina to back up Layfon, the one who is being the known as the protector of the city. And to top of it, Haia has already been beaten to dust by Layfon once before T__T Well if their excuse was to set up the 3 girls in one place at the same time for raising a Harem flag then I have nothing else to say.

Jun 2, 2009 6:41 AM
Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
And Nina was sent to back up Layfon because??? Shante and the big guy are the ones that the one guy said could (probably) equal Layfon, so what does Nina have to do with it? I just don't get it at all.

If it had been my sister, I would have sent Nina plus a platoon.

The big guy and Shante do not equal Layfon. They are a decent substitute, but Layfon could kill them both.
Jun 2, 2009 11:00 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah, Siva, but it would have been much simpler to not have had this little sidetrack at all and Leerin would have met up with everyone at Zuellni. Now they just have her appearing out of nowhere to slap Layfon. And I guess Meishin is totally out of the picture now.

I'm aware of that, formosan. I'm just saying why send Nina when he could have sent stronger people? What would Nina do? She's only gotten in the way and waxed self righteousness.
Jun 2, 2009 2:29 PM
Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
Yeah, Siva, but it would have been much simpler to not have had this little sidetrack at all and Leerin would have met up with everyone at Zuellni. Now they just have her appearing out of nowhere to slap Layfon. And I guess Meishin is totally out of the picture now.

I'm aware of that, formosan. I'm just saying why send Nina when he could have sent stronger people? What would Nina do? She's only gotten in the way and waxed self righteousness.

I guess the writer felt Leerin was important -- plus the Leerin - queen interaction gave Leerin a tiny bit of character development. Leerin has changed more than a little. Further, Leerin is technically on a courier mission to give a special dite to Fon-Fon - and the fact that he has that weapon just a few minutes earlier might be strategically important enough to justify the effort and expense involved.

As for sending Nina, the author is compromising between realism and Japanese dueling custom.

In a "realistic" story, like Tom Clancy or something, Nina would have showed up with the SWAT team and directed acts of violence leading to the capture of the mercenary squad. THe mercenaries would have used dirty tricks, and a SWAT team would have used tear gas. I was expecting that option.

In a Japanese dueling story, Nina wouldn't have been needed, because everything would be a public, formal display of combat prowess, and the losing side would not have dishonored their samurai standing by trying dirty tricks. I was surprised to see that the duel worked out in such a "samurai" style.

As it is, the writer is moving characters around so that they get maximum emotional stimulation. The writer wanted both Nina and Felli - two major rival for Fon-Fon's love - to see that he has an existing girlfriend, and she's no longer a long-distance girlfriend.
Jun 2, 2009 2:34 PM

Aug 2008
I agree with this samurai approach to battle, but it's just so dumb when the focus is supposedly on teams, and Layfon wanting to function as a part of a whole and not a lone wolf.

I don't really think Leerin is Layfon's girlfriend. I think he sees her the same as he sees Nina and Felli: Just a girl he knows and cares for. The only advantage Leerin has is that she's known him longer, but really that doesn't matter since Nina and Felli seem to know Layfon just as well. None of the girls can braech past Layfon's walls of cluelessness, so it's an even playing field.
Jun 2, 2009 2:41 PM

Nov 2006
I gave up trying to understand this series back around episode 5...now I'm watching it so I can legally make fun of it as a whole when it's over.
Jun 2, 2009 3:50 PM
May 2009
Yes, finally leerin has met up with Layfon after much delay...I've been cheering for them from the start. Well for a while I got sidetracked with Felli being with him too, but then Leerin slapped Layfon and that was the end of the Felli pairing for me. x) Anyways this episode was so awesome, the fight scene was really great - for once it was really long. The music got me excited too. And Layfon sounds so cool when his voice gets deep in a fight (or just when he's angry)! Probably my favourite episode so far!
Jun 2, 2009 7:04 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:

I think he sent her because she has the beast inside of her and after seeing her randomly fly in the air and get caught by Leefon, he figured she's probably got a lot of power now. "She's special so I'll send her". Theres also the other possibility that he doesn't want Grendan finding out about her so he figures keeping her away from the action and near Leefon might work out for the best.
Jun 3, 2009 10:40 AM

Oct 2007
Well if hiding Nina from Grendan was his reason, then he is prepared for a losing battle against Grendan. Am I right?

Jun 3, 2009 3:11 PM

Oct 2008
The duel

Jun 3, 2009 7:57 PM
Aug 2008
Leerin and Layfon are together. In the early episodes it showed them kissing. Also, no one knows that Nina has the haikikozu in her except for leerin, leerins bodyguard and the queen.
Jun 3, 2009 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
ceapy said:
Leerin and Layfon are together. In the early episodes it showed them kissing. Also, no one knows that Nina has the haikikozu in her except for leerin, leerins bodyguard and the queen.

slight correction: Leerin is shown stealing a kiss from Layfon before he leaves. In the novels his inner dialog includes a line about never having romantic feelings for his childhood friend--in my mind, the funny face Layfon gets in the anime and manga is a translation of that thought.
Jun 3, 2009 10:32 PM

Apr 2009
Its more like Layfon wasnt trying in beginning and then got tired and finished Haia off. I doubt that Layfon went all out in that fight.
Jun 4, 2009 8:08 PM

Jul 2008
WinterNightsFall said:
Why didn't Layfon just dump on Haia at the beginning so that we wouldn't have to deal with that annoying pain in the ass...? We shall all wonder. xD

Not really.

Haia is really strong himself even if he is still inferior to Layfon. When Haia cutted Layfon he though that he had already won underestimating what Layfon could do after getting cutted like that.
He got reckless and rushed the fight just like when we try to beat someone in a game who is almost dead and we are almost full we tend to go ''He can't beat me anyway I'll lower my defense and give him a finishing blow''. Layfon was handicaped after getting wounded I don't think Haia would have won either way but he sure wouldn't have got owned like that if he was on his guard.

Now if Layfon would have use a katana which is said to be way better for a psyharden user Haia probably would have got owned badly right off the start.

This express really well how the flow of a fight can turn 180° the moment your mind state change.

Now I doubt that Layfon is the strongest heaven blade and they will need to face every others heaven blade. I wouldn't say that it's impossible for them to win against Grendan but they will have to work for this victory.
Jun 7, 2009 12:32 AM

Aug 2007
maxime1007 said:

Did you miss the whole part where Layfon said, "You'll die" or whatever? And in any case, it's quite obvious that Layfon was holding back until the end where he promptly shat all over Haia.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jun 7, 2009 3:55 AM

Jul 2008
As much as I like Felli, she was pretty useless this episode. Not because she was stuck in that room, but I didn't think her screams of "Fonfon!" were too necessary and/or helpful; it'd only distract him in the long run.

And um, I was actually looking forward to that inter-city match. But I've no qualms against Grenden showing up, if that means we get more of a spotlight on the Heaven's Blade.

And I'm glad Leerin's finally there!
Jun 25, 2009 3:13 AM

Sep 2008
Wish Layfon was not taking back, it'da been cooler if he was fighthing with his full power all the time.

Oooh and, Grendan appears! Things are gonna get complicated! :D
Jun 26, 2009 1:22 AM

Dec 2008
the fight scene seemed like Dragonball Z with the flying and floating lights XD
I thougt Haya chopped Fon Fons head in this scene,you should have seen my dumb face at this point XD

next ep I will see the Witch with the gun from the opening theme.
lol I think I'm in love.

I still hope to see an happy Felli in the end of this show ; )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2009 5:28 PM

Apr 2009
lol did like Leerin waste her time, considering Grendan showed up to Zeullni XP
Nice slap but hahah.

Jul 23, 2009 4:42 AM
Jun 2008
OMFG!!! although this didn't suck like the last one and was quite entertaining to watch, this whole serie has failed to the MAX...

so they show us the other heaven blade receivers at last with only 3 eps to go:S
those are the guys i want to know more about, they actually look like interesting characters. I don't give shit about those weaklings from zuellni.

If they had just focused more on the heaven blade receivers this could've been an enjoyable serie, but NO!! they had to mess it up with focusing on misplaced romance between layfon and a whole harem of naive girls.

well i'll leave it at that
Apr 4, 2010 9:28 PM

Aug 2007
damn still holding back his power? Well now that the other heaven blades are here lets see what happens now. and boo there was much felli and layfon scene. Just a small hug but its like he pushed her off because he got hurt >.>
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 20, 2009

164 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Quickfox - May 3, 2009

56 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 8:40 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ariapokoteng - Apr 18, 2009

62 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.