Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 30, 2007 12:52 AM

Nov 2006
Ahh...the final episode! I don't want it to end...

I thought this episode was an absolutely great. I'm extremely glad Ayako got her moment to shine, I always thought she deserved her scene.
Naru's..."superpowers" were awesome, I thought that scene was really well done. I'm glad he's the one that got to finish off the final boss.

The final scene was adorable, although I wish something more would have happened between Mai and Naru, the dream scenes were really hinting at it...but oh well! Sometimes things are better left to the imagination.

Final conclusion: A permanent favorite in my book.

On a semi-unrelated note, does anyone know if this series is going to have an OST? I am in love with the music.
Mar 30, 2007 11:52 AM

Jan 2007
Great episode indeed. Naru's superpowers were great though i was hoping that Mai would power up again. Overall, spectacular anime. 9/10
Mar 30, 2007 5:31 PM

May 2005
Wow, great episode and ending. This episode really ties all of the scattered information together and gave me a satisfying answers to the questions that I have been asking throughout the anime.
Definitely, definitely a favorite in my book!
I hope that there will a second season. *cross fingers* Because I'm not ready to give up Ghost Hunt. *tears*
Mar 30, 2007 6:05 PM

Aug 2006
Excellent ending... but sooooo sad it's over T_T

I'll hope for a 2nd season... but not gonna hold my breath. :(
Mar 31, 2007 12:53 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
I'm with everyone else on this, great show. I was a little disappointed that the ending left everything completely open for the show, but oh well, second season perhaps (or maybe there's manga?). Naru FINALLY showing us his powers was awesome. He owns, just like I knew he would.

Mai is such a little cry baby though. If she didn't get so bothered by pretty much...everything, then I'm sure I'd have liked her a whole lot more (she is still my fav female in GH).

I was really hoping for some relationship development between Naru and Mai too. Those dream scenes were totally telling us something damnit.

Good show, 8/10 here.
Mar 31, 2007 6:10 AM

Aug 2006
Xinil watched???!!!?? Hahahaha... gotta love the powers of persuasion we all had. Muahahaha... ;-)
Mar 31, 2007 6:28 AM

Mar 2007
i wasn't too big on this episode. but, still one of the best series for sure. hopefully there's a second season! *crosses fingers*
Mar 31, 2007 9:11 AM

May 2005
FurubaFan said:
Xinil watched???!!!?? Hahahaha... gotta love the powers of persuasion we all had. Muahahaha... ;-)

I didn't even know Xinil watched this show either. Your secret strategy must have work Furuba. lol
Mar 31, 2007 9:53 AM
Apr 2006
...and it ended...cool show^^
took awhile to grow on me, but it just keept on getting better and better...
Mar 31, 2007 10:54 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
I watched it all in like 3-4 days. :)
Apr 1, 2007 12:01 PM

Jan 2007
I'm glad Ayako got to step up and help, instead of being such a waste all the time. :P And it was awesome to see Naru's powers acted out.

Mai should have slugged that psychic girl, though, what's-her-name. She's annoying.

Great show, 9/10 all in all...very sorry to have to see it end. :(
Apr 21, 2007 2:36 PM

Apr 2007
I liked the last episode, because everyone really had a chance to shine. It made everyone seem special and worthwhile in their little "family". Of course my favorite parts are always the supernatural choppy bits^^.

I liked the series so much I watched it all at once; good thing it's a weekend, or I'd never get any sleep.^^
chibi-kariApr 21, 2007 2:55 PM
May 23, 2007 11:09 PM

Nov 2004
Aww... I just finished it. Over. Boo. Boo I say! I felt sadder when Juuni Kokki was over but I still feel sad there's no more Ghost Hunt to watch. And yeah... I thought the previous arc was still the freakiest. This one wasn't as bad for me (probably cause the previous one had all that... blood on the floor and bathtub.. ugh).

I liked the ending. They did pretty well, tied up a number of things and ended that it can still have a second season but even if it doesn't you can't call it the most dumbest ending either (unlike some other shows). The only major imbalance I can see due to the fact that there was no episodes left was the whole explanation on Naru crammed into such a short amount of time. But oh well.

One thing I'm sad about was no explanation on why Mai always sees Naru's in dreams? I never got that. Is it Naru really telling her? Or is it just her latent powers taking the form of Naru to tell her information and stuff. And yeah, more background info about Mai. Well, can't have everything. Liked how Ayako shined in the end. Least we now know she isn't a total cop-out.
May 23, 2007 11:15 PM

Jan 2007
Crystal said:

One thing I'm sad about was no explanation on why Mai always sees Naru's in dreams? I never got that. Is it Naru really telling her? Or is it just her latent powers taking the form of Naru to tell her information and stuff. And yeah, more background info about Mai. Well, can't have everything. Liked how Ayako shined in the end. Least we now know she isn't a total cop-out.

Since I doubt there will any kind of sequel, you can take a look at the other thread to learn more about the backstory and why Naru appears in her dreams among other things
Jun 28, 2007 2:12 PM

May 2007
It was an awesome episode, but doesn't really give a conclusion...but since the manga is still ongoing, maybe there will be a second season. I hope so anyway, cuz this series is soooooo awesome!!!!

DRAGON EGGS!!!!
Help them hatch:
Jul 9, 2007 9:16 PM

Aug 2006
Well I finished it finally...*sigh* yet another series that a bunch of people seem to like for reasons I cannot understand. Oh well. I gave it a 6. Maybe paranormal investigation just doesn't appeal to me?? Well it was a good watch at least, and the "Bloodstained Labyrinth" was definitely a diamond in the rough. By far the best story arc. If there ever is a sequel I probably won't be watching it.

Xinil said:

Mai is such a little cry baby though. If she didn't get so bothered by pretty much...everything, then I'm sure I'd have liked her a whole lot more (she is still my fav female in GH).

And yes, at least somebody agrees with me. Even if only to a certain extent. I personally hated Mai.
Aug 28, 2007 3:48 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I just finished it, and I think I liked the previous arc better than this one. It had more creepy elements. But it is a great show, enjoyed it very much.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 1, 2007 7:18 PM

Apr 2007
i don't understand how everyone says this show is so great. to me it was just ok.. the comedy was the plus, if i wanted scary, i'd stick with higurashi, heh.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 11, 2008 2:46 AM

Feb 2008
Great last episode. Nice to see Ayako got her moment to shine (at last!) =P
Hopefully, there'll be a second season.

Overall, this anime was very enjoyable. I give an 8/10.
May 14, 2008 8:56 PM
Nov 2007
a second season seems unrealistic? =T i wish theyd make one. really liked the series. naru pwning the god was pretty kickass. im satisfied =3

8/10
May 17, 2008 10:39 AM

Mar 2008
I knew Naru couldn't /just/ be a lousy ghost-hunter. He owned. Must be sucky not to be able to show off, though.
May 17, 2008 4:52 PM

Nov 2007
I would very much like to see another season, but I think its doubtful, and yes there is an OST and available to download off mega upload. Just google search Ghost Hunt OST should be 2nd or 3rd link down
Jun 25, 2008 10:11 PM

Dec 2007
Great haunting show

I demand season 2!!!
Jul 4, 2008 5:03 PM

Feb 2008
a second season would be good.... probably one focused on the development of her powers...... it would work

it was a fairly good anime. wasnt sure at the begining but it got better till the end.
Jul 13, 2008 12:15 AM

Oct 2007
personally it was a good ending, and it pretty much tied everything up, but there are still some things that need to be clarified, one being how Mai and Naru's relationship will develop and how Mai had those dreams or why Naru is always in them....

Kudos to a good anime series....I love the show! and Mai :P
Jul 21, 2008 9:06 PM

Jul 2008
Well, i think the end could be bether.
They doesn't talk much about Naru's past :@
Dec 13, 2008 7:34 PM

Feb 2008
Great anime, but doh what full open ending, like any midseason arc's end.
I hope we will hear about a sequel in the near future...
9/10
Jan 5, 2009 12:28 AM

Jul 2008
I really want a second season! Great ending, but there's so much potential for another season.

BEGINNER
Feb 8, 2009 12:19 PM

Feb 2008
Great anime! I'm so sad it's over. I wish they made a second season. But I really doubt it :(
Feb 9, 2009 3:19 PM

Oct 2008
Great anime

But I thought there would be a kiss szene so im a little dissapointed
Feb 19, 2009 9:24 AM

Oct 2008
the last episode was great :D
I hope there will be 2nd season :)

May 17, 2009 5:14 PM

Dec 2008
Really enjoyed this series. My favorite case, by far, was the blood soaked labyrinth. Loved the characters. Well, the male characters and Mai. ;p Really hoping there will be a second season that will go in more depth on both Mai's and Naru's backgrounds. I want more ghost hunt! And it'd be nice to see if Naru actually develops some feelings for Mai.

Overall I gave this series a 7/10.

May 20, 2009 1:53 AM

Sep 2008
Very awesome. But sad that it's over and some things weren't elaborated on that much... I, of course, also wanted to see some development between Mai and Naru, and something about Naru's past or background or something. I'm also kind of curious about Mai's past. The arc before this last one was DEFINITELY the creepiest.

It'd be nice if there was a second season but... it's already been - what? - two years? I'm not going to get my hopes up. Maybe I'll read the manga instead.
May 20, 2009 5:42 PM
Apr 2009
The anime ended too quickly. But overall, excellent anime with a reallly decent escalation rate.
Props to naru!
Jun 6, 2009 10:54 PM

Nov 2008
I expected this anime to follow something similar to Darker than Black but it started showing its shoujo influence a few episodes in. The stereotypical "mysterious, young, talented" male protagonist with a female lead character who leads the "ghost story of the week" style episode makes this anime a run off the mill anime that has no special features.

5/10 (Recommended for anyone who enjoys the typical shoujo fanfare with a dash of horror drama).)
Jun 15, 2009 7:33 PM

May 2008
nihil said:
i don't understand how everyone says this show is so great. to me it was just ok.. the comedy was the plus, if i wanted scary, i'd stick with higurashi, heh.

Yah, I agree with you too. It's don't feel it's as awesome as everyone else is saying it is, but it definitely was entertaining . Plus it had some deliciously scary moments. Though graphic wise, I think tokyo majin pwned it in the zombie category.
Kayro said:
Great last episode. Nice to see Ayako got her moment to shine (at last!) =P
Hopefully, there'll be a second season.
Overall, this anime was very enjoyable. I give an 8/10.

I really liked that scene with the tree spirits and all that. I wish there was more.

I wish they got more in detail with the plot. So many things were left unexplained, especially if you compare it to the novel/manga. I feel sad that I had to search up spoilers. >':
7/10 for me
"I've read so much manga that at times my mind works in comic panels and dramatically expressed chibis. I'm both ashamed and amused by this."

Jun 28, 2009 9:22 AM

Jul 2008
A very enjoyable anime for me. As for ending it was generally good, but I have a lot of mixed feelings about Naru secret abilities. I very liked the fact, that there was so little superpower in this anime. Yes the main characteres had supernatural powers, but the anime was more about mystery and puzzle solving than about charging in with flashy superattacks. Still it did make sense for the boss to be psychic as well.

If there ever be a second season or a longer (50 episode for example) remeke I'll certainly watch it.
Jul 4, 2009 6:42 PM

Jun 2008
Freakin' cool series! Mai wasn't exactly my favorite person, but as long as she wasn't wandering off alone like a cretin I was fine with her. The OP and ED were great, and the escalation with each arc was well done. It even had it's genuinely creepy moments, only matched by my first watch of Higurashi.

Good times man, good times.
"All I want in life is someone to put one of my quotes under their sig" -Perposterone
Jul 16, 2009 6:29 AM

Jun 2009
Definitely underrated, the best of J.C Staff's work.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2009 5:06 PM

Sep 2008
Great story arc to finish off the season (but DEFINITELY hoping for another season!!!). I'd say this is my favorite case, but I really enjoyed every single one of them. I loved how every member of the whole team pulled together to defeat the ghost god. It was AWESOME.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2009 11:11 PM

Jun 2008
yup awesome! I can't tell you how many times I've watched this anime since I got it.. to many to mention its somewhat embarrassing..

but yeah I think all the fans were hoping for a second season or OVA or Movie to end it properly, but since the manga I don't think is even finished.. err though I am aware of some spoilers for the story so I'm a bit ahead of anime watchers. Still, even though I know a small piece more I still don't know the ending. Will Mai ever confess!!!! Will Naru ever get the stick out of his butt >.> hehe jkjk

I actually adore Naru! He's such a Narcissist lol
- Noblesse Oblige -

And I'm saying a prayer for the desperate heart's tonight

Aug 2, 2009 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
i guess i pretty much agree with everything that's been said here: Ayako is surprisingly talented, Naru rocks, it needs a second season, the previous arc was creepier , Mai can be pretty annoying and there were times when i seriously doubted her intelligence, but overall this was a good series: 8/10

Aug 18, 2009 11:07 PM

Jan 2009
Interesting anime, not as action oriented as I expected, but each mystery held its own. Fitting end to a pretty enjoyable series. Hopefully there'll be a second season that will give us more insight into the main characters, my only problem with the show was that I never felt really connected to the leads, some backstory would have been nice.

Good show though I did, at times, feel underwhelmed with some of the arcs and characters.
7/10

Sep 22, 2009 3:50 PM

Jun 2009
This was a great series, I think anyone could enjoy it. I do say that the arc before this last one was much better and creepier, it would have been a better season ender imo.
Sep 23, 2009 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
Great series! Little disappointed in the ending cos i expected Naru and Mai to wrap up their relationship. Then there's the question of naru appearing in her dreams.
oh well, i havent completely given up on hoping for a second season. it would be cool if there's one.

good show!
8/10
Oct 3, 2009 1:51 PM
May 2009
I must say, this series was worlds better than I was expecting. 8/10.
Oct 3, 2009 10:23 PM

Jun 2008
k0k0 said:
Great series! Little disappointed in the ending cos i expected Naru and Mai to wrap up their relationship. Then there's the question of naru appearing in her dreams.
oh well, i havent completely given up on hoping for a second season. it would be cool if there's one.

Ditto on all that!

Nov 18, 2009 9:58 PM

Apr 2009
Wow.... Am I really the only person who didn't like Naru's big to-do with the God? I mean, obviously I knew he had something up his sleeve, but really?? It just kind of felt overblown to me. :/
But aside from that, I thought this was a pretty nice little ending for an enjoyable series. 7 or 8 from me.
Nov 19, 2009 1:59 PM

Jul 2009
9/10 from me..
Ayako is really cool there..guess i'll go to manga for more answer to Naru and Mai's power and more of Bou and Yasuhara
Nov 28, 2009 1:09 PM
Jan 2008
good series. Started out slow but I loved it at the end.

Anyone know how many volumes of the manga there are and how much of the manga covers the series? I'd like to start reading
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Ghost Hunt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jan 27, 2007

69 by SSSniperDyn »»
Jan 29, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 1 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Oct 24, 2007

48 by s9fy »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 7 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 4, 2008

36 by glittergalaxy »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 5, 2008

60 by xoxokiller »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:15 AM

» Ghost Hunt S2

Deanomac2010 - Jul 29, 2023

2 by KayKimii »»
Jul 29, 2023 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.