Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 31, 2022 12:49 AM

Aug 2020
Educational episode :0 Science is fun kids

It's kinda sad how foreign students can't really pass tests in Japan if they don't know all the kanji. Like Asuka's really smart but her teachers probably don't know that.

I feel bad for Rei tbh, I think she likes Shinji and/or she just wants be involved in fighting Angels but she can't because of Asuka. Even when Asuka decides she doesn't want to do something, she changes her mind when Rei is about to step in. I hope we get to see some more development from Rei soon!
Jan 31, 2022 8:18 AM

Feb 2021
I really don't understand Asuka lol. First, she says not to act like a pervert and other stuff while obviously overexaggerating every single action Shinji does, and then she calls him boring/submissive/dull cause he politely doesn't talk about her boobs? I really don't understand her at all lol.

Wow unit-2 in a suit sure looks goofy.

The magma situation was pretty tense. Great episode!

Apr 4, 2022 7:13 PM

Dec 2021
asuka fighting the angel was pretty tense, always a good time if she gets the spotlight
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Apr 7, 2022 3:11 PM

Feb 2012
2022 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 19, 2022 3:50 AM

Oct 2020
This was a more chill episode, but I liked getting to see Angels in different environments

I know we got to see some more team work moments between Shinji and Asuka here and Asuka was definitely more fleshed out, but she still hasn't really grown on me.
I'd almost rather learn more about Rei since she's been getting more or less sidelined recently -- not to mention more interesting than the belligerent red-head

Also side note-- in the next-episode-preview clip, it said "Tune in next time for more fan service" is that the show being self-aware about the abundant sexualization of its characters or by fan-service do they just mean more cool action?
Jun 28, 2022 10:08 AM

Dec 2007
asuka is such a character lol

wonder what with misato's "scar". and what kind of past they are talking about.

i love that this series is about the characters and not the plot.
though i would love some plot development on those angels.
Jul 29, 2022 7:31 PM

Jul 2022
Enjoying the series so far overall. Unlike some of the other comments here, I'm totally fine with still being in the dark regarding the Angels since the characters are supposed to be the focus.

That being said, I'm a bit surprised Shinji went from going into shock every time he suited up to willingly jumping into battle over the course of five episodes. I'm fine with him not crying all the time and the growth is nice, but I thought it'd touched on at least a little more than it has.

I don't like Asuka so far, but I imagine we'll get some more character development soon about why she's so gung ho to do something that psychologically destroys most people. Rei is definitely best girl for me as we near the halfway point.
Aug 26, 2022 5:36 AM
Oct 2021
i mean i got to see a new side of asuka at the end of the episode so yeah .. good episode
Sep 20, 2022 11:21 AM
Aug 2022
damn, so i guess angels can hatch from eggs now. that's pretty cool! anyways yeah, pretty decent episode with another cool angel fight. i absolutely lost it when asuka's bodysuit thing got inflated to resist the heat.
four stars because goddamn this fanservice involving 14 year olds. i said before in previous episodes, but i won't tolerate it, and it will weigh down my overall score. i ESPECIALLY didn't need to know that shinji got a hard-on in the hot springs scene.
Dec 12, 2022 1:22 AM
Aug 2020
I really enjoyed this one. It gave me iron lung vibes, which is such a fun type of horror. Just sitting around in magma, hoping your only source of protection doesn't give way. Favorite one so far just for that sheer level of tension. Could do without the fan service tho
Dec 12, 2022 10:43 AM
Apr 2022
dsfgrzadadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dec 27, 2022 2:48 PM

Jan 2022
Not a terrible episode tbh. Nice to see Asuka and Shinji getting along. Also shinji is actually getting in the robot of his own free will without having a mental breakdown. Good character development. Life is actually pretty good for everyone here. 

Can we just collectively pretend that Asuka and her Inflation plug suit don't exist? Thanks.
-insert NGE meme here-
Jan 13, 2023 11:23 AM

Nov 2020
W Shinji. W Evas. W everything. W Rei.
Jan 25, 2023 9:58 AM

Mar 2016
Still want to know what is up with Penpen. Is there something special about him, or did Misato seriously just get a domesticated penguin for a pet?
I like how Asuka's fondness for Shinji (and her tsundere trope overall) isn't as in your face as they tend to be nowadays. She belittles him over small stuff, but is always vying for his attention (even more than Kaiji who she's supposed to be head over heels for). Would like to know if her being a college graduate is actually going to go anywhere. From what we've seen thusfar, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of her being smart enough to skip grades, even with the language barrier ignored.

Think we may be getting back into serious territory after that light-hearted moments the past few episodes. Something about Asuka's past, Second Impact actually being due to a bunch of N2 mines used to kill an Angel (or maybe a small group), and Misato's scar. Here's also hoping that Rei is able to get more action from next episode onwards. They say Unit-00 is only a prototype, so either get the damn thing upgraded now she can pilot it, or get one of the newer units ready for her. She's called the First Children and is more dear to Gendou than his own son, so it feels a waste to see her sidelined llike this :(
Feb 17, 2023 7:43 PM
Feb 2021
The Synergy between Asuka and Shinji scales the Anime to a new level. Feels like the anime has a lot more energy in general, with this duo.
Feb 23, 2023 8:08 AM
Feb 2023
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Mar 17, 2023 8:00 PM
Aug 2020
i volunteer to become misato's dog/slave/servant (I pray nobody finds this)
May 9, 2023 1:58 PM
Nov 2022
Nothing special. Just a middle of the road episode with barely any action besides the one scene at the end with the angel in the magma. Kind of hard to enjoy it with the red filter everywhere but nothing to really complain about.
May 9, 2023 9:25 PM

Mar 2023
having a hard time liking Asuka but she's pretty well received by the fandom so I'll wait ig
May 22, 2023 7:30 PM
Feb 2021
Fucken Magmadiver. It's cool that they attack the angels for once. I sure hope they do it again. It's pretty sick to see how good of a combo Asuka and Shinji are despite their inability to get along.
May 26, 2023 4:22 PM
Apr 2020
Solid episode but I wish I could see more of what was happening during the fight
Jun 14, 2023 8:20 AM
Aug 2020
not bad; j'aime :D
Jul 6, 2023 9:30 PM

Apr 2023
everyone hating on asuka just doesnt get it. she's literally just a girl. living in captivity. their rule of thumb makes her worrisome. she's literally just a girl ??? like whats her destiny ??? what she's succumbed to is making her numb ://
Jul 8, 2023 9:46 AM
Aug 2020
big bahonkers activate neurons
Aug 3, 2023 1:19 PM

Mar 2022
Man I really do like Asuka the more I see her. I laughed so hard when she had her suit inflate like a balloon. It was pretty tense when she was using her EVA to dive into the lava and plus it’s making me want to know more about her past in particular. And I kind of agree Rei really hasn’t been used much ever since she was first introduced. It’s like come on guys, get her to do something already. 
Shinji might getting Asuka’s affections at this rate. Otherwise it was a great episode.
Sep 13, 2023 3:03 PM
Jun 2014
So... How was Shinji's unit able to withstand that amount of heat and depth without any changes to it like Asuka's? ... Are we to assume she was just high enough by that point that he could dive in without any protection?

I suppose besides that this episode wasn't bad. Asuka is still being obnoxious and she almost gave up on a mission because she didn't look good enough for it - but at least she knew when to suck it up and get serious in the end.

The tension when under the lava was interesting, and I enjoyed this episode more than the last. It was alright.
Jan 2, 2:53 AM
Apr 2021
good episode but i didn't really understand how shinji came down there without imploding cause he didn't wear a protection suit
Jan 11, 12:36 AM

Dec 2022
Mother's womb hath been defiled
thermal expansion! how embarrassing!
Mar 2, 5:07 AM
Feb 2024
Episode 10 was really fun! Asuka and Shinji's dynamic is always interesting and the ending was kinda funny if really weird lol
Mar 6, 3:36 AM

Jul 2017
the magma diving gave me so much anxiety.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Apr 2, 6:05 AM
Jul 2023
Another really cool episode, if you look further into it
- while I find Sandolphon boring in design, I think the fact that it cut Asuka’s Ambilical coord is really cool, since it just hatched and made baby noises.
- this could have caused an impact? Geez a bit reckless innit
- Looks like Shinji went through some thermal expansion himself ;)
Apr 8, 4:54 PM
Apr 2023
Another cool episode, this one more tense then usual with the magma pressure inside-a-vulcano thing. Also hot spring Mommy Misato at the end goddamn.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

174 by Haz_Noz »»
Yesterday, 4:22 PM

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

72 by daazexx »»
Yesterday, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

202 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Apr 25, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

286 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 24, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

342 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 23, 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.