Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2009 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SO AWESOME, I SENSE CONFLICTS OF THE NEW AND THE OLD IN OUR HEROINE!!!!
Apr 16, 2009 5:57 PM

Jul 2008
Just skimmed through the raw and this episode looks to be just as good as the first one! The ending was really great as well. Looking forward to finding out just who that mysterious guy is. Well... I'm looking forward to finding out everything! Loving this series so far.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Apr 16, 2009 6:00 PM

Aug 2008
Loved it.
Apr 16, 2009 10:13 PM

Jan 2009
I liked a lot this episode. But me think is more explanations.

What I liked:
Morimi all the time, especially her innocence and face. Details...sugoi (amazing).
The detective make me think of one in Chaos Head named Ban. http://myanimelist.net/character/14514/Yasuji_Ban I liked interaction of Morimi and Akira. The picture taking. Seeing Morimi's family. The explanations. Art so far.

I did not like
The end made me jump of my chair. Me got scared. When detective contact Judge then he point like gun then BANG BOOM! The people dead! Witness there, no problem, dead. Worst is when me see shots come from cop car. Noblesse Oblige really or power abuse like CIA?
I liked this part most when Akira gives out hand and Morimi grabs it.

Detective make me think of Ban from Chaos Head.
Apr 16, 2009 11:36 PM
Jan 2008
lulz gg released another episode

definitely was amazing
Apr 17, 2009 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
That was pure brilliance. I'm loving Akira and Saki and all the little things that go on between them. Saki's faces are too cute. Juiz is pretty overpowered, and I'll have to admit I kind of laughed at the "Bang". Really curious about Akira's "IX" history now. This company or agency, whatever the hell it is is severely screwed in the head, or at least "IV" is - not everyone is pursuing justice anymore. Really wanna know what he meant by taking over Akira's duties.

Damn, that was awesome.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Apr 17, 2009 2:15 AM

Dec 2008
Hehe smooth Akira...reaching out his hand for Saki. He's got that shit on lockdown.

Anyway, great episode with a crazy ending. I hated it when it was over...I may need to watch it a few more times XD I'm definitely looking forward to next week.
Apr 17, 2009 2:41 AM

Jan 2009
hellsoldierx15 said:
Hehe smooth Akira...reaching out his hand for Saki. He's got that shit on lockdown.

Anyway, great episode with a crazy ending. I hated it when it was over...I may need to watch it a few more times XD I'm definitely looking forward to next week.

Check Lunar version if you can. My favorite ones so far in subs.
Apr 17, 2009 3:40 AM
Mar 2009
Loving this anime, by far the best of this season... The chemistry between the 2 main characters reminds me of Spice & Wolf, although the setting is completely different, the dialogue is of really high quality and everything sounds natural - something rare in anime

Its one of those series that makes 1 week wait feel like ages
Apr 17, 2009 4:01 AM

Jan 2008
japanme32 said:

I liked this part most when Akira gives out hand and Morimi grabs it.
That was sweet :3

Oh god, what an ending. "Bang!" I feel so sorry for the witness guy :(
Apr 17, 2009 4:34 AM

Mar 2008
I wonder if the "bang" finger thing was a Cowboy Bebop reference, but maybe i'm thinking too deep.

Apr 17, 2009 4:55 AM

Mar 2008
aero said:

SOOO cute!! I loved the photo-taking on the phone bit as well (reference to the first few seconds of the first episode when she flicks through photos on her phone)

http://desire-fansubs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/eden02.png&w=521&h=246&zc=1" border="0">

I sense some deep sh*t regarding the bombings, government and police. D: Not looking forward to the epic tragedy which I seem to think will happen....
sugarplumfairyApr 17, 2009 2:01 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2009 5:32 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode, looks the the story will really be moving soon. Honestly the animation quality of this series is awesome..

Akira may have lost his memories but he's a smooth operator with the women, lol. Somethings defintely gonna give in the next few episodes.
Apr 17, 2009 5:55 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode again, like the little thing going on between Akira & Saki.
Intrigued about the "Freedom Tower" & the missile stuff, and of course the bang thing at the end.

~Abs
Apr 17, 2009 6:26 AM
Feb 2008
Great episode indeed ,now I'm more interested in this anime and especially the story .It seems like something interesting is going to happen if I keep watching this ^^

Anyway I'm a little interested in the messiah thing ,I wonder what is that all about ,eh well I guess we'll find out st some point
oh and one more thing I think the opening is awesome :D

Apr 17, 2009 6:59 AM

Jun 2007
Great episode; loved the part when Akira took the pic of the two of them.
Apr 17, 2009 7:05 AM

Jul 2008
Good episode, I really enjoyed the whole boat scene(especially when he extended his hand to her).
Apr 17, 2009 7:07 AM
Nov 2007
Interesting. Doesn't make sense to me how there could be no casualties on careless Monday.
Apr 17, 2009 7:20 AM

Jun 2008
Bang.

Awesome episode.
Apr 17, 2009 8:23 AM

Sep 2008
Very very intriguing.
What a pity there's no preview... the wait until the next episode is killing me.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Apr 17, 2009 8:44 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode, very interested to see who the person or thing was that head shot those people.

Apr 17, 2009 9:00 AM

Jan 2009
Nice episode that ended off with a bang.

I wonder what the Selecao actually does and the motives behind their actions.

And seems to me that the IV is a failed agent who wants to regain back his reputation.
Apr 17, 2009 9:01 AM

Nov 2008
I was really surprised that there was already a movie planned,
but after watching this episode, and realizing there will only be 11 episodes..
I want it even more!

I really liked this episode, great chemistry between Saki and Akira.

I'm really wondering if Akira has anything to do with the missile bombings from Careless Monday, he wanted to remove his memories, so.. it might have been something bad. That last scene was pretty cool.
Though that phone sure is weird, it's kind of like a Death Note.

I haven't seen that much anime yet, but I was really surprised that this one focuses so much on America, and that it even talks about the tragedy that is 9/11.. This makes the anime feel really 'close' and modern..
Apr 17, 2009 9:31 AM
May 2008
Out of all the shows this spring season this is easily the best and yet it has the least number of episodes. That aside this is getting really interesting and has made me ask quite a number of question... looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 17, 2009 9:42 AM

Oct 2007
The poor witness ;___;
Apr 17, 2009 10:00 AM

Jul 2008
M_A said:
I wonder if the "bang" finger thing was a Cowboy Bebop reference, but maybe i'm thinking too deep.

If you think that Cowboy Bebop created it, just know that you are wrong.

The episode was amazing between, I really like this serie.
Apr 17, 2009 10:17 AM

Aug 2007
desolato said:
I haven't seen that much anime yet, but I was really surprised that this one focuses so much on America, and that it even talks about the tragedy that is 9/11.. This makes the anime feel really 'close' and modern..

I think that's one of the powers of this anime. It's about America, but it isn't really Westernized : it's a real anime. Anime as it should be. Not about the America-stuff, but still.

About the ''bang'' part, which I thought was pretty predictable though : he knew that they came for him, but why would he have so much money or what did he need it for? And about the organisation, it's Noblesse Oblige if I'm not mistaken, it's not just coincidence that they call it in the opening The Abuse of Greatness. Lol, it's even circling in their cellphones. Not to mention 'Please continue to be Messiah', but what is it that they want to let all people know? I'm just wondering if LG was a sponsor for Higashi no Eden. Those cellphones are just awesome.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 17, 2009 10:33 AM

Feb 2008
This series just keeps getting better! Simply loved this episode.
Oh, and I would love to get one of those cellphones =P
Apr 17, 2009 11:03 AM

Dec 2007
So good. It's perfect so far...and as others have said, the boat scene was great.
Apr 17, 2009 11:35 AM

Apr 2008
I can go on a long rant still about how much I love the character design, let alone the story. This has a lot of potential. :-D
Apr 17, 2009 11:40 AM

Feb 2009
I like Akira laid back attitude toward things he's pretty cool headed for someone who has no memory and doesn't seem to be angst about it.
Apr 17, 2009 11:52 AM

Jul 2008
so both of them are messiah and juiz will do everything for them? pretty interesting.

Apr 17, 2009 12:05 PM

Feb 2009
The very end of the episode was kinda interesting. There is still few dark points that i hope will be enlightened.
Anyway, the show looks promising, looking forward the next episodes.
Apr 17, 2009 12:20 PM

Mar 2009
Honestly: I find it intriguing, but I'm at the point where I rather want the series to pick up by episode 4 or so or I might drop it. But it's 11 episodes, so if I'm not getting terribly into it by episode 4, that's usually my drop off point for series of 13 episodes or so.
So yes, I liked the mysterious parts, but there was some stuff in there that rather bored me too. I rated this ep 3/5, but for now I'll continue and I still love the OP.
Apr 17, 2009 12:23 PM

May 2008
Well that episode sure ended with a bang.^^

Another great episode, loving this show <3
Apr 17, 2009 12:33 PM

Sep 2007
Am I the only one who caught the whole "I went to Central Park to see the Statue of Liberty" part? The Statue of Liberty is nowhere near Central Park. o_o

This series is still pretty good though. I was surprised they even mentioned 9/11 and Freedom tower... even though it's not called Freedom tower anymore. >_>
Apr 17, 2009 12:36 PM

Feb 2009
Cool episode, really like the way the story is presented in simple parts and not in huge amounts of information.
i'm intrigued about the whole selecao and messiah thing and how it is possibly related to the careless monday.

Apr 17, 2009 12:37 PM

Apr 2008
So far this is easily the best show this season. The production quality is at the top. The characters have interesting personalities, depth, and the interaction between Akira and Saki is amzing. The show even as an extremely intriguing plot.

I'm hesitant to rate a show before at all until its half over and have never even considered rating it a 10 before its completely finished but I'm going to give this a 10 right now. I'll change it later if they do something to mess up the show but so long as the quality remains constant this show is an easy 10.
Apr 17, 2009 1:10 PM

Oct 2007
Hmm, the laid back rom/com mixed in with the mysterious shadow org and terrorist ties is getting sort of interesting.
rabbitpoetsApr 19, 2009 8:20 PM
Apr 17, 2009 1:10 PM

Jul 2008
this anime just keeps on getting better and better XD
dam if only i had a phone like that =D

~Bang~
Apr 17, 2009 1:15 PM

Feb 2009
desolato said:
I was really surprised that there was already a movie planned,
but after watching this episode, and realizing there will only be 11 episodes..
I want it even more!

I really liked this episode, great chemistry between Saki and Akira.

I'm really wondering if Akira has anything to do with the missile bombings from Careless Monday, he wanted to remove his memories, so.. it might have been something bad. That last scene was pretty cool.
Though that phone sure is weird, it's kind of like a Death Note.

yeah I love it so far!! I think it may be my favorite anime this season!
Apr 17, 2009 1:46 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another impressive episode. The modern realism in this anime is really refreshing. Very good episode, still can't figure out what's going on though. I'm sort of thinking along the lines of IX = 9th missile. We'll see.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 17, 2009 1:48 PM

Feb 2008
Interesting but still a bit confusing.
I like this show though. "bang"
Apr 17, 2009 1:49 PM

Feb 2008
cereal said:
Interesting. Doesn't make sense to me how there could be no casualties on careless Monday.

I've been wondering exactly the same thing. How can a nation get bombed with ten missiles on one day - several of which land in the middle of a city - and not have a single casualty?

Another mystery lies in the 8.2 billion yen that Akira has at his disposal. Why is it his "responsibility" to use all that money?

Also, I can't recall if they ever explicitly mentioned the year the show takes place, but I'm guessing it's 2011 based on Saki's date of birth, and it being ten years after 9/11.

Apr 17, 2009 1:50 PM

Jan 2009
AddleBoy said:
cereal said:

I've been wondering exactly the same thing. How can a nation get bombed with ten missiles on one day - several of which land in the middle of a city - and not have a single casualty?

Another mystery lies in the 8.2 billion yen that Akira has at his disposal. Why is it his "responsibility" to use all that money?

Also, I can't recall if they ever explicitly mentioned the year the show takes place, but I'm guessing it's 2011 based on Saki's date of birth, and it being ten years after 9/11.

Me think missiles have secret stealth technology.
Apr 17, 2009 2:02 PM

Jun 2007
Freedom Tower is actually wrong. They changed the name to 1 World Trade Center a while back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_World_Trade_Center

Awesome episode. Again. I'm expecting an epic reveal as to why Akira wiped his own memories.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Apr 17, 2009 2:05 PM

Jun 2008
BANG..... BANG.... BANG.....
Apr 17, 2009 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
Such a good episode. The pace is amazing, the direction is brilliant, and I really like the setting temporally, and how they've used it to their advantage with making everything feel a little more eminent and dangerous than it would if it were in some completely fantastical time.

Again this season, there is a straightforwardness and innocence in the presentation of this show that really engages me. Unlike Cross Game (the other show), though, Eden of the East has a very dark, mysterious, and thrilling undertone that I really look for that will hopefulyl keep me hooked.

I really just want more.
Apr 17, 2009 2:25 PM
Feb 2008
It was better than the first episode, i'm loving this show, it has capacited to be the greater of this season
i'm really liking of the pace, revealing the details little by little
Apr 17, 2009 2:27 PM

Apr 2009
Another outstanding episode...there is an air of mystery about some things, but I think it's intended--in an anime like this I believe things will slowly be revealed to create interest and tension throughout the series. So far IMO it's being set up perfectly, and the interaction between the main characters is is so natural and likable. (Animation=again, beautifully done)

This is definitely my favorite show of the new season- I hope it continues as it is! It has truly gained my full attention and peaked my interest.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Bakayaro - Apr 23, 2009

201 by Skorobagatio »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.