Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
May 18, 2010 5:07 PM

Aug 2009
Toradora! has shown me lots of feelings and emotions, but for the most, I saw how much a person can be good for her bestfriend. I "if i were her"ed so many times and still so much taken aback with her actions. This her is Kushieda Minori(n) of course.

Was she always in love with Ryuuji? Or she realized her feelings at the vacation house of Ami(n)'s? Why is she this nice to someone who is getting all the sellfishness oscars? Why she never tries hard for his personal life unlike her efforting of sports and part time jobs?

I really couldnt come up with any answers to this questions. I heard this story is an adaption of a novel, so maybe it will give me an answer(or smb nice among my precious precious readers:D).

Anyways away from Minori (who is the complicatest character ive ever seen in a romantic comedy), the story and plot goes smoothly and pleasingly. After 14-15 episodes, when Taiga at last "manages" to talk with Kitamura w\out blushing and such, you can see the inevitable ending up of two characters: The Tiger and The Dragon. The confessions at the end are well-made and the snowy school trip is a big success too.

The plain and detailless art is the perfect choice for a slice-of-life serie, moreover i can say its -very- near somewhere to the top. Seiyuus are just great as always. Animation is reflecting the emotions from drawings perfectly. ED and OP s are worth mentioning too.

Toradora! is standing proudly in school romance type animes. Dont pass it, enjoy it to the full.
Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rodreth
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rodreth/profile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rodreth/
Night is the darkest just before the dawn.

May 20, 2010 3:45 PM
Mar 2010
've just marathon-rewatched it =)

I love...
- "silky heart"
- the episode
-- where she cries out "DONT TOUCH HIM, HE IS MINE"
-- where she says "One more time", "One more", "One Mo.."
- Toradora
- Tsundere Romance with peacful resolving happy endings =D

I've never experienced anything like this. There is no other anime that can be compared to this.
Its my fav. Rom-Anime...

Overjoyed,
Best regards
May 24, 2010 1:54 AM

Jan 2010
great last episode :D

i can't belive how many changes could occur in the last 3 episodes jeez O.o

anyway the kiss scene was so cute aswell :)

5/5 and 10/10

^^
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
May 27, 2010 9:23 PM

Mar 2010
Love it <3 but I really wished it would have ended after they got back home you know then some other stuff could happen like reunite with friends, but I'm sad that Taiga left :(
Animestuffs-1.png
Jun 1, 2010 7:45 AM

Sep 2009
Some_Lost_Melody:But she came back.
Jun 2, 2010 2:27 AM

Feb 2009
Normally Tsundere-stories are like so-so to me, but well, been stuck in the chair for 4 hours straight watching the late end of the series, I guess can't be any less than a masterpiece. Tsunderes are in general not too fun and so on, but compared to other Tsunderes so far, Toradora was a blast. Can't believe they made the ending quite well too, the endings are usually the tripping stones to otherwise good stories.

Anyhow, 10/10, both the series and the episode.
"You have mastered the piano! All others quake in fear at your superhuman keyboard manipulation skill!"
Jun 4, 2010 8:36 PM

Mar 2010
UrbanScythe said:
Some_Lost_Melody:But she came back.

She did!! When???
Animestuffs-1.png
Jun 4, 2010 8:42 PM

Apr 2009
Haha don't you hate it when you miss the scenes after the ED's.
Jun 4, 2010 8:54 PM

Mar 2010
A1astor said:
Haha don't you hate it when you miss the scenes after the ED's.

Aaaaaahhh I just watched it and I'm soooo haaaaaaaaapppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! :D I hate it when they do that!!! I mean I watch the ed a lot of the time but the second one for toradora is boring so I don't watch it arrrghh
Animestuffs-1.png
Jun 7, 2010 12:46 AM

Mar 2010
I did the same thing, when the credits and ED started, I raged and raged until the next scene started. Then I smiled wiped a tear from my eye.

One thing I don't get that I hope you can clear up.

When they arrive back at their homes and Taiga goes to her house to see her parents, why does she run away? I raged at that part too.
Jun 9, 2010 5:45 AM
Jun 2009
japsa said:

When they arrive back at their homes and Taiga goes to her house to see her parents, why does she run away? I raged at that part too.

She wasn't running away the way you think she was. Taiga said that she had to stop running away from her problems so she was going to face them by returning to her family.

I dream of a second season but the chances of it happening are next to zero. Even OVAs are unlikely.

=[
Jun 12, 2010 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
<3

Dunno if I want to give this a 10 or a 9...
Jun 16, 2010 2:28 PM

Jun 2010
For me it's 11/10 :) yea, it's better than the scale allows
i love Taiga in the white coat and white bots it's so cute :)) i hope they'll be very happy couple, i was worried that she dont return.. and i was thinking that she return for a while and she leave him again :( i want moaaaaar EP !! more more more more !!!!
btw. i cried many times :( when i saw all episodes i decided to watch it again .. and i cried at first episode ... ahh goshhhhh yea and always when the episode end :( the ending is so beutiful (both)
shi~ i never cried at anime it's first time
Jun 17, 2010 6:07 AM

Apr 2009
>W<! Why am I nearly crying!??! DX

<3 Toradora! Taiga is so <3
Jun 17, 2010 9:35 PM

Jul 2009
i was really skeptical about the whole series. i really did not like ryuuji because he's not treating ami so well not to mention he kinda cause alot of troubles for ami,taiga, and minori. i was even surprised ami fell in love with him. i also thought taiga would never see him again until some time but at the end of HS they finally met :D i was planning to give this an 8 but the story keeps interesting as u go towards the end. i still don't like ryuuji though i love ami and taiga is just soooo awesome :D ima change my score to 9 great series sooo many surprises at the end :)
SomaHeirJun 17, 2010 9:41 PM
Jun 18, 2010 4:58 AM

Nov 2008
I have to admit that I was expecting an end like White Album xDD had some similarities..anyway I was pleasantly surprised whit this anime.
Jul 1, 2010 12:35 AM
Dec 2007
was just about to come flame and rant about how it ended, after looking at the comments i realised i /quit the episode as the credits started... glad to see teh tiger in the locker lmao <3
Jul 1, 2010 9:10 PM
Dec 2009
Nice ending ^^ They could have made it a bit more exciting, I was rather feeling sad. But at least the bit after the credits made it up.

9/10 for me
Jul 3, 2010 9:38 AM

Jul 2008
LycanWerewolf said:
>W<! Why am I nearly crying!??! DX

<3 Toradora! Taiga is so <3
Jul 5, 2010 4:15 PM

Mar 2010
I must admit that even though this is my 3rd time watching the series, it still brings a tear to my eye everytime XD

It's good to see that even though this series is a year old people are still watching it.
This is a must watch!

10/10
Jul 6, 2010 5:53 AM

Mar 2009
Really awesome. I didn't expect the last ep to be like this, but it was still great anyhow.
Jul 11, 2010 2:39 AM
Jun 2010
i just finished and it was a reallly good anime. Im really sad its finished though, but apparantly, APPARANTLY!!!, dont get your hopes up too high, they are makign a second season, but do the reasearch if you want im not too sure.
Jul 13, 2010 11:26 PM

Apr 2010
GODDDDDDDDDDDDD WHY JAPAN? ;_;
Never ever watch romance animu at early morning hours when there is work to be had in the morning. You will lay awake forever thinking about the ED, much like Toradora is doing to me now. I just now finished Toradora, after having it on my HDD for literally a year. What took me so long?!

I swear, if that scene after the ED wasn't there, I probably would have given this a 7 or 8. |:

9/10
Jul 23, 2010 4:46 PM
Mar 2010
aaaaawwwww.....
very good end!!!! not wonderful, but very very good!!!
a realistic final, and Taiga finally become "normal" girl with great fame!!!!
oooohhhh nice kiss scene!!!
Chara: Takasu is only chara that don't change!! He evolves but don't change... One of best male chara that I see....
Taiga: She changes a lot!!!! you can to think first eps!!! final Taiga is mature and more Dere than tsun XD
Minorin: she change, change more than Taiga, she didn't admit her attitude, final Minorin is less freak and more serious, more conscience...
Kitamura: aaahhh great chara!! He is not so great to begin..... but He is great in the second part aaaaahhh he go to america, good end!!
Amin: I love this chara, she is so mature and so childish!!! She can understand situations before other chara.... her role is very important, and she also become more nice to the end!!! She is my favorite chara in this series ( I know you hate me now ahaha)

definitely: 9-/10 minus for design that didn't always convince me, and some eps was predictable, but very good anime XDXD

Bye
Jul 24, 2010 11:29 AM

Jul 2010
What a nice ending, after rebuilding the relationship with her mother, Taiga ultimately returns to Ryuuji's side. She hasn't lost her tsundere side either I see! xD

Still hoping for a sort of "After Story"-esqe sequel though, although thats unlikely to happen... =(

Lovely anime, good stuff. 9/10 and faved! =)

Jul 24, 2010 10:29 PM

Feb 2010
Started watching it like last month but stopped and started watching it again last Friday or something and ended up watching all 20eps :O
Very entertaining, I really do enjoy these slice of life animes I give this 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2010 2:35 AM
Nov 2009
8/10 for me. I really enjoyed the series. Every character was handled nearly flawlessly to the very end. It's been a while since I've seen a romantic comedy that touched me this much. I swear, I ended up hugging my mom midway through the last few episodes ;_;

I would had loved to see Ami with Ryuuji but that was out of the question from the start wasn't it? I loved seeing Ami evolve through the series. At first, I absolutely hated her. Soon after, I started softening up for her since she kept the show so interesting with her mysterious vibes, even though she has an attitude problem. By the middle of the series, I was moved by how willing she was to give Minorin her chance with Ryuuji and even catalyze the beginnings of their bonding. She was subtle, intelligent, and caring. I don't care if she considers herself to be immature. Her perception into how everyone was feeling was amazing and she was even considering to leave just to satisfy Taiga and solve all the problems she caused? What a wonderful person. Unfortunately, the reserved girl loses again, and she has to settle for being understood even if it is not love, like she said. I thought that last scene with Ami and Ryuuji was done absolutely flawlessly, especially when she brought up the similarities between her and Taiga.

But enough of my rantings over our tragic heroine. Toradora was truly a great show that I'll be recommending to any of my bored friends.

CommonerCoffeeJul 26, 2010 3:01 AM
Jul 26, 2010 2:26 PM

Jun 2010
I never really cared for Ami until I read some of your posts. Then I thought over the whole anime and realised how good she actually was written. Thanks all, for pointing that out.

Nonetheless, my favorite character is Minori. I don't know. I just don't know why. She's the show's airhead, yet extremely wise person. It's kind of a cliché, really, but there's something to her that I extremely like. Every line of her made perfect sense to me and had me longing for more of her screentime. What a great friend she is for Taiga.

Taiga was another really well written character; the tsundere. Normally, it would be the person I would like the most, since I love tsunderes, but Minori just knocks her away from the top spot in my personal opinion.

All in all, I'm thouroughly pleased by the characters in this anime. It's just wow, how every character is so greatly likeable. The story is also great, going from light hearted to extremely dramatic very fluently. I'm currently doing the same as the poster above me, safe for that I'm sending this to every friend, not just the bored ones. Easily one of my favorite animes, and it gets a 10/10 from me, and that's not something I usually give.
Jul 31, 2010 9:14 AM

Nov 2009

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Aug 11, 2010 1:24 AM

Jun 2010
Good series. Good ending. Funny and kindly characters. Looks nice. 9/10
Aug 17, 2010 11:40 PM

Aug 2010
In my personal opinion, this is by far the BEST slice of life,comedy, romance anime I have watched. I mean, the surprises and all that dramatic moments, this is anime is just No.1 for me. I give it 10/10

Aug 24, 2010 1:37 AM
Jun 2010
11/10 very nice ending wished some more tho, anyway best comedy anime so far left me speechless.
Aug 24, 2010 6:40 AM
May 2010
The ending, I hope it will be better than the ending that we got here, but still, I'm satisfied with the ending, Gonna rewatch this in HD :D
score: 10/10
This is a signature.
Aug 25, 2010 8:36 PM
Jul 2010
I loved the series, but the only part I didn't really come to an understanding with was her disappearing to her mother's for a year. She could have easily stayed with him at his mother's house and finished school there.

It's just the story tellers attempt to "throw you for a loop" that made me go "huh?" at the end and sit there waiting for her to reappear and hoping not to get totally upset at wasting my time watching the entire series. LOL
Aug 26, 2010 2:36 PM

Oct 2009
waaah.. i liked the ending, maybe i loved, im still not sure of it. but the whole series were awesome, awesome, awesome! i give a 9.

my fav chara was minorin from the beginning. i like freaks of anime, i somehow thought she looked like morita of honey&clover. (hes my fav of the anime chars ever) and i wasnt suprised when she ended up just like him :) she may look like a freak, but she was the real friend and the real lover, imo.

btw, i have a question about the class photo scene. what is written on the board, can anyone help?
here you are:

Sep 6, 2010 8:27 PM

May 2010
Pretty good ending. Almost made up for the last episode. I might just rate this a 9, as everything else in the series was good. I still wanted Ami-chan though. I loved her as of episode 6.
Sep 11, 2010 10:59 AM

Sep 2009
foreveryoung said:
waaah.. i liked the ending, maybe i loved, im still not sure of it. but the whole series were awesome, awesome, awesome! i give a 9.

my fav chara was minorin from the beginning. i like freaks of anime, i somehow thought she looked like morita of honey&clover. (hes my fav of the anime chars ever) and i wasnt suprised when she ended up just like him :) she may look like a freak, but she was the real friend and the real lover, imo.

btw, i have a question about the class photo scene. what is written on the board, can anyone help?
here you are:

Haha, i loved this scene ^
I died laughing with Kitamura xD

FuurudeSep 11, 2010 11:03 AM
Sep 11, 2010 1:21 PM

Dec 2009
I really hated when Taiga left like that. And when the teacher lectured the students.
I'm glad they made up for it after the ending :') . I loved this anime. 10/10 .
Sep 13, 2010 3:28 AM
Apr 2009
I really liked this anime. I didint expect much from it, i thought its another average comedy-romance. But it surprised me, it was very good. I was such an emo watchin this :D Good thing this series had happy ending, so that may emosness could fade away .This show even inspired me to do something in my life, stop beeing so childish lazy ass , stop running and be responsible
sepirrothSep 13, 2010 3:41 AM
Sep 14, 2010 4:37 AM
Jul 2010
really nice ending,the story wasn`t that good though,it was pretty much predictable...^^
Sep 14, 2010 5:24 PM

Aug 2010
This show is over rated. The whole show was predictable and all the characters weren't even developed. The show did have its good points though so 8/10 for me.
Sep 16, 2010 10:06 AM
Jul 2010
Ragna92 said:
This show is over rated. The whole show was predictable and all the characters weren't even developed. The show did have its good points though so 8/10 for me.

It isn't. Otherwise you wouldn't give it such a high rating.

This anime was great in comparision to others. If you like more serious romance, this is def. your anime.
Sep 28, 2010 7:51 PM

Jan 2008
plz answer one question because i was confused,why did she had to change schools and leave?i mean i only didnt get that part..(was it for Ryuuji to get in college or smt?)
I am the bone of my sword.Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
Oct 8, 2010 4:43 PM

Apr 2010
Oh god I was crying because I didn't think Taiga was going to come back.. D:

Loved the ending though ^^

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Oct 8, 2010 5:30 PM

Apr 2010
Personal this is one of the best endings ive ever seen, yea ryuji part of sadness took it down a little bit but still ended very well
Oct 9, 2010 12:20 AM
Sep 2010
I was crying through the last two episodes!.. i wish their reunion would have been a little bit longer. but it really was one of the best endings ever.. i feel like a part of me has died now that it has ended lol
Oct 10, 2010 6:13 PM

Sep 2010
Loved the Ending.
10/10
Oct 10, 2010 11:24 PM

Sep 2010
Marathoned ... It's over... Watery eyes for the most part.

The wedding scene and the kiss <3

Almost died when I thought Taiga was going to leave ;_; WHY DID SHE HAVE TO GO

Good thing I watched through the credits.

Toradora rounds up to a 10/10

Oct 12, 2010 7:40 AM

Aug 2010
hmm well, watched , noticed that it ends happy so why im so sad?
any suggestions?. ( that is my first shujo series )
Oct 16, 2010 7:30 PM

Aug 2010
I was the same iLoveLove.

Perhaps you're like me and it you really wanted the run away and get married ending xD
Pages (23) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl?

JustSomeone15 - 57 minutes ago

4 by Rhaelynne »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.