Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 15, 2007 6:41 PM
Nov 2007
I watched this when I was in elementary school so I may be a little biased since I loved this anime series back then.

I redownloaded it over the last summer and still loved it.

A real FANTASY-based anime. So if you're not into the interdimensional, talking/walking animal type stuff (which there isn't too much of either), then you might not enjoy this as much. But if you do, then go ahead. Think of Tenchi Muyo when you watch this (Same artist and producers i believe). You get the whole mess: Action, Comedy, Drama, pervertedness (ehh..what are you gonna do?). Great characters. I thought it was a cool anime.

Graphics: Like I said, just imagine tenchi muyo.

I give it an 8.5/10 (note that 9/10 is my top rate, cause I can't rate any anime 10/10) just because character personalities being annoying. Story is mediocre, but still fun. A real adventurous anime in my opinion.
May 26, 2008 3:05 AM

Nov 2007
sorry if this seems out of place, but do any of the fans of this anime hate the amv hubba hubba zoot zoot made from it it or do they love it like the rest of us.

Why, Oh Why, did the ice cream man betray me so???????????????
May 26, 2008 4:18 AM

Mar 2008
mooman said:
sorry if this seems out of place, but do any of the fans of this anime hate the amv hubba hubba zoot zoot made from it it or do they love it like the rest of us.
Not only do I have the AMV, I also have the AMV as a SM file for my StepMania. :3
Jul 19, 2008 12:17 PM

Jun 2008
I liked it. I don't remember much about it though. I think I gave it a 7 on my list.
Sep 10, 2009 2:18 PM

Jul 2008
So far I've only seen 2 eps of this OVA and I think it's only a mediocre/good anime but I found myself smiling and giggling all the time. The other eps will have to show what I'm going to rate this.
Apr 18, 2010 10:49 AM

Aug 2009
I have only seen a few episodes and I like it.
May 22, 2010 4:15 PM

Apr 2008
Watched a couple episodes at a con a year or two back and finally decided to finish it. I'll agree on mediocre/good. El Hazard has a nice atmosphere, and most of the characters are entertaining enough. Except for Alielle. Alielle is terribly annoying. Nothing really gets developed enough, but it's not a bad watch.
Jan 5, 2014 9:51 AM

Jun 2011
found it funny, story wasn't all that and had me scratching my head at times but the characters were awesome especially sensei Fujisawa, Masamichi & Jinnai, Katsuhiko. insanely funny .

havent watched it in Japanese but the English dubs are really good.

Jun 4, 2014 11:48 PM

Jan 2013
Watched after watching the Wanderers, and i'm happy that The Magnificent World's Ifurita isn't the same retard as in the Wanderes. Also, Makoto and Ifurita had a better love story than Twilight u.u
Jan 10, 2015 10:03 AM

Sep 2014
I loved it. That ending man.

SUch a good fantasy. And for a nineties kid like me, I'm sad knowing I've missed it all these years.

5/5.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
Aug 6, 2015 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
A fucking mess. If you are the kind of person that doesn't ask questions and like to see tit's and asses in your anime then this is for you.

This show just isn't good. It felt like too much was crammed into it and it doesn't really make any sense tone wise and was kinda poorly written in general.

As an example about the tone i could give that it was just horrible how they played the bug kingdom for the most part as comical villains so what the fuck i was suppose to feel when the "good guys" used the super weapon to commit a fucking genocide and probably killing millions of them.

It didn't really make sense at all either that how lenient the feelings of the Jinnai's "schoolmates" were towards him considering that he also caused deaths of countless people.

Seriously. What the fudge?

Fun can be still had while watching the OVAi because the animation is great and you don't learn what horrible pieces of shit's the characters really are are until just before the end so you can enjoy the ride with them until the cart crashes.
Jan 9, 2016 2:20 PM

Sep 2014
Had a good start but the humour grew old pretty quickly. The rest was a mess and felt like they tried to cram every trope possible into this single show.
May 12, 2023 8:04 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty bog standard and probably talked up thanks to nostalgia glasses.

More topics from this board

Poll: » El Hazard: The Magnificent World Episode 3 Discussion

mozgow - Jan 6, 2017

2 by YokaiVapor »»
Aug 1, 2023 10:29 AM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Magnificent World Episode 7 Discussion

Rei_III - Oct 1, 2016

9 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 13, 2023 2:06 AM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Magnificent World Episode 1 Discussion

Rei_III - Sep 28, 2016

4 by IsekaiNekko »»
Jul 12, 2021 5:52 AM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Magnificent World Episode 6 Discussion

mozgow - Jan 6, 2017

1 by tuwacroi »»
Feb 17, 2021 10:58 AM

Poll: » El Hazard: The Magnificent World Episode 5 Discussion

mozgow - Jan 6, 2017

1 by tuwacroi »»
Feb 15, 2021 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.