Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2009 4:34 PM

Feb 2008
God I love this show so much. I wish it could go on forever. lol.

Mar 20, 2009 5:03 PM

Jan 2009
Sonja said:
lianayuki said:
good episode ^^ sanae's bread never gets old

That's true ! Sanae's-bread joke never get's old !

SwordWielder said:
the way nagisa got hit and how she react when she got hit by that thing was hilarious

*BAAAAAAAANG*
and there's... KYOU with ryou bath scene in this

fav parts lol

no tomoyo though, i thought it would end up like the tomoyo arc, except with Kyou. what a tease

Mar 20, 2009 7:31 PM
Aug 2008
watching this made me realise how much i liked the first season. im gunna rewatch it
Mar 20, 2009 7:36 PM
Mar 2008
Woot, nice and relaxing episode 3_3
T'is so much better being young ;o
LOL @ Akio stuffing his mouth with bucket of bread
LOL @ Nagisa pulling the thing T-T

& omg, I thought it would be like a "Kyou Chapter" when Tomoya saved her from the wooden boards T____T
I can still hope ;_;

On another note: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ Compilation episode :s
Mar 20, 2009 8:28 PM
Jan 2009
I liked this more than the actual final episode.
It made me happy :)
I hope they do dubs for this.
Mar 20, 2009 9:12 PM
Oct 2007
I got my Kyou dosage. I'm happy.
Mar 20, 2009 9:36 PM

Feb 2009
Abmanju said:
Gahh, I'm gonna miss Akio & Sanae's:
Sanae: Watashi no pan...watashi no pan <insert insult here> desu nee!?!
Akio: ORE WAAA *Eats Pan* DAIISUKIII!!!!!!

It never gets old lol, Seriously, Crab Pan? XD

This.

I agree, having this light hearted epsiode was great right after all the emotional rollercoasters in the last few episodes! Looking forward to the next(last) episode even if it is just compilation. Man, how I wish for a third season!
Mar 20, 2009 9:49 PM

Dec 2008
This episode made me realize what a great episode arch it would be to have Kyou instead of Nagisa. :3
Mar 20, 2009 9:52 PM

Mar 2008
Isaristh said:
This episode made me realize what a great episode arch it would be to have Kyou instead of Nagisa. :3

Kyou would be really great indeed ... but the story might not evoke as much tears as the Nagisa story ... I am fully satisfied with Nagisa as the main heroine (I didn't like her in season 1)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2009 9:55 PM

Aug 2008
I liked it. A lighthearted episode was definitely appreciated, but even the end where Nagisa reads it made me have an emotional moment. They were destined form the beginning. XD
Mar 20, 2009 11:08 PM

Mar 2008
so there is still a compilation episode left...sounds kinda lame.
M_AMar 20, 2009 11:17 PM
Mar 20, 2009 11:48 PM

Aug 2007
Yamanashi_Ken said:
watching this made me realise how much i liked the first season

this. call me a kyoufag but she was the reason why I enjoyed the first season so much.
Mar 21, 2009 12:22 AM

May 2008
I really didn't like this as much as I though I would, I mean it was funny, especially when Nagisa got hit on the head by that falling tine XD but I was expecting a little more like the first season extra episode was.

Oh well, at least there were some good laughs and it looks like that the next episode will be a clip show, I hope the series ends with all the main characters together, including Ushio.
Mar 21, 2009 1:38 AM

Sep 2008
nothing better than being able to watch the funny part of clannad after all that trouble
i really do love this anime son in the next chapter they meet again and happy ending
i would like another ova about nagisa tomoya and ushio living together
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 21, 2009 8:51 AM

Feb 2009
A great episode! I love the throwback feelings of comedy that Clannad After story kinda reserved to do. I would like to see an episode chronologically after 22 :p
Mar 21, 2009 8:57 AM

Dec 2008
kaminakun said:
Isaristh said:

Kyou would be really great indeed ... but the story might not evoke as much tears as the Nagisa story ... I am fully satisfied with Nagisa as the main heroine (I didn't like her in season 1)

Well of course, I was just saying if we had a episode like the Tomoya chapter involving Kyou it would totally work. :)
Mar 21, 2009 9:00 AM

Mar 2009
I'm kinda glad they ended on a happier note...

Mar 21, 2009 9:34 AM

May 2008
It's interesting to see Tomoya and Nagisa's stories were parallel to each other but they were side by side at the same time, until the crossover (i.e. the trick) at the end.

A lot of so-called "Kyouservice", but it's good to see Kyou again as her involvement in the anime isn't that much.

And I LOL'ed when Nagisa thought 夜露死苦 is a name, but I won't blame her for that.
Mar 21, 2009 12:02 PM

Aug 2007
1 more episode left. :O
Mar 21, 2009 12:22 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode - with alot some LOL moments XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2009 1:10 PM

Oct 2007
nagisa with the wash pan was hilarious.l also loved all the kyou moments. not a terrible way to wind up the season
Mar 21, 2009 2:46 PM

Mar 2009
AnimeMangaAngel said:
Question: Anyone know where I can watch 23?

mm hm, you can watch it here: http://mediagreatest.com/originalmediagreatest/ClannadAfterStory/Episode23.htm

Ah this episode made me so nostalgic about season 1. I miss those kind of episodes!! Pure humour with a touch of romance =D Sunohara's as funny as ever. =P to the stupid compilation episode though, who needs that??
Mar 21, 2009 3:40 PM

Aug 2008
tikuku said:
AnimeMangaAngel said:
Question: Anyone know where I can watch 23?

mm hm, you can watch it here: http://mediagreatest.com/originalmediagreatest/ClannadAfterStory/Episode23.htm

Ah this episode made me so nostalgic about season 1. I miss those kind of episodes!! Pure humour with a touch of romance =D Sunohara's as funny as ever. =P to the stupid compilation episode though, who needs that??

Uh, I want it. Does that count? <.<
Mar 21, 2009 4:53 PM
Mar 2009
Ei…I’m a Clannad/Clannad AS fan…like all of you…and it’s my fist time that post here.

I was a litle confused with this Ep (23)…my confusion is where this Ep. goes (in the Clannad timeline)

So…Where Ep. 23 is going??

At first I thought this could be…like Ep. 0 (in Clannad)…so…(they start school, new year…etc..), right before Ep. 1 (Clannad),

but then…I was checking Clannad Ep.1…and…see…that’s not possible…

Because in Ep. 1 (Clannad)- Tomoya says to Nagisa that he’s in class 3 D…and Nagisa says she’s in class 3 B…

…and in Ep. 23 (Clannad AS)- She’s in class 3 D.(already different from Clannad 1)..and Tomoya is in class 2 (?)(something),(I think) …

So it seems this is like Before Clannad (One year before)…the first year that Nagisa is in class 3 and fails…

…It seems to me that’s a opening for a new season

Am I Right ??…What do yhou think??
Mar 21, 2009 8:26 PM

Sep 2007
No new season. It's over.
Maybe a Tomoyo After or Ushio epilogue chapter in the future but nothing more.
Mar 21, 2009 9:51 PM

Feb 2009
I was expecting something way better than this episode. This was kind of out of place after all that went on during the last few episodes. I was hoping for something more touching and funny at the same time.

Mar 21, 2009 9:54 PM

Sep 2007
IsUa said:

Probably not. I think most of the visual novel material has been used up already. And I'm not really sure where they could take the story with a flashback series where Tomoya and Nagisa don't know each other. Isn't their relationship basically the centerpiece of the series?
Mar 21, 2009 11:31 PM

Aug 2008
IsUa said:
Ei…I’m a Clannad/Clannad AS fan…like all of you…and it’s my fist time that post here.

I was a litle confused with this Ep (23)…my confusion is where this Ep. goes (in the Clannad timeline)

At first I thought this could be…like Ep. 0 (in Clannad)…so…(they start school, new year…etc..), right before Ep. 1 (Clannad),

Because in Ep. 1 (Clannad)- Tomoya says to Nagisa that he’s in class 3 D…and Nagisa says she’s in class 3 B…

…and in Ep. 23 (Clannad AS)- She’s in class 3 D.(already different from Clannad 1)..and Tomoya is in class 2 (?)(something),(I think) …

So it seems this is like Before Clannad (One year before)…the first year that Nagisa is in class 3 and fails…

I doubt it. They've used up all the material that there is now. Although it would be nice if after the success of the anime they decided to do a follow up with Tomoya and Nagisa raising Ushio, but then it doesn't quite feel like Clannad anymore. Heh.
Mar 21, 2009 11:33 PM

Jul 2007
Cute episode. Never realized I would miss Sunohara's antics so much.

And the final episode is a recap... ugh.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 22, 2009 12:42 AM
Oct 2007
IsUa said:

This episode is mostly to either show how they have encountered each other not knowing how the future is going to bring them so close together...or....to introduce how they all got close...like we all know tomoya started talking to nagisa at the beginning, how he met fuuko, tomoyo, and kotomi...but we never knew how come he and sunohara was so close with kyou...and how would kyou come to have feelings for tomoya...
Mar 22, 2009 1:15 AM
Mar 2009
Ei... I knew that wouldn't be another serie...but...had a tiny hope...hehehehe

This is such a good anime...that I'm sorry that it's already finished (although, like this ending)...

What a excelent roller coaster of emotions, this was...

Anyway...big thanks...for the explanations (the replies)
Mar 22, 2009 2:50 AM

Apr 2008
There's no animated GIF for Nagisa getting hit by the wash pan and falling yet?
Mar 22, 2009 3:07 AM

Jan 2008
I really liked this episode :D it was quite relaxing and funny ^.^
Mar 22, 2009 11:48 AM

Aug 2008
Yes I get to see Kyou in this episode xD.

A bit bad on nagisa though >.<
Mar 22, 2009 12:18 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm that was a nice extra episode, and actually much better than the previous episode ;) Not really needed overall, I think the TV channel requested these two episodes (including 24) because they couldn't begin the new season two weeks in advance. It's still better than nothing.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 22, 2009 12:35 PM
Mar 2009
IsUa said:

Hi IsUa, I Think I Can answer your question,

First let me remind you, according to first season of clannad(which is where tomoya's first encounter with nagisa), Nagisa was a class repeater because her sickness made her absent for a long time, and because of that she couldnt graduate like in Eps 9 of after story.And remember, Nagisa is the oldest character between all girls and guys in Clannad's High School cause of this too( Nagisa was 19 years old. Tomoya-Youhei-Kyou-Ryou-Kotomi and other Senior classmates was 18 years old including Fuuko. Tomoyo,Miyazawa was 17 years old)

SO ,THis Episode was placed 1 year before Tomoya First Encounter with Nagisa at the bottom of Hill.

For the review:
-In this eps, Nagisa was placed at Class 3-D, This was her FIRST Senior YEar. This was Eps 23 After Story where was.
-After that ,she befriended with Tomoya Cs, She was placed at 3-B, This was her SECOND Senior Year.This was at all clannad season 1 and clannad after story eps 1- 9.
-And remember, after that, she was repeating again, so totally, she had 3 years in Senior Class before she graduated. This was at After story eps 10-13.
FujimiyaMar 22, 2009 1:00 PM
Mar 22, 2009 12:37 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
So it's 24 episodes after all.

Poor Nagisa, heh. Kyou moments were awesome.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 22, 2009 1:02 PM
Mar 2009
Thanks Fujimiya...Or Domo Arigato Gozaimasu (hehehehe).

So Ep. 24 is like a Review...hummmm...looking forward to see...
Mar 22, 2009 1:30 PM

Jun 2008
This episode just showed me HOW MUCH I miss season one, and how much I disliked this season.

Yes, I said I disliked this season. Honestly I don't know how so many people can be fine with a whole season filled with depressing episodes, and the finale was also a bit dissapointing. WOW lets go back in time and make Nagisa and Ushio live.

I feel that Season 1 had the perfect mix of Romance, Comedy, and Drama. We had amazing characters who had interesting stories, However I never thought that it was over the top, or too EMO.

Season 2 was pretty much unbearable to watch, It was so depressing and so EMO, honestly that WASN'T ENJOYABLE. All of my favorite characters (Kyou, Kotomi, Sunohara, Tomoyo), were all gone. We were stuck with Nagisa (ugh).

I kept watching despite all of this because I felt that the first season was so great that I owed it to myself to finish up the series, however looking back at it I wished Clannad had just ended after season 1.

OVERALL

CLANNAD SESON 1 (10/10)
CLANNAD ~AS~ (7/10)
CLANNAD SERIES (8/10)
Mar 22, 2009 1:41 PM

Apr 2007
much better than the real last episode.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 22, 2009 2:37 PM

Jan 2008
alexcampos said:
This episode just showed me HOW MUCH I miss season one, and how much I disliked this season.

Yes, I said I disliked this season. Honestly I don't know how so many people can be fine with a whole season filled with depressing episodes, and the finale was also a bit dissapointing. WOW lets go back in time and make Nagisa and Ushio live.

I feel that Season 1 had the perfect mix of Romance, Comedy, and Drama. We had amazing characters who had interesting stories, However I never thought that it was over the top, or too EMO.

Season 2 was pretty much unbearable to watch, It was so depressing and so EMO, honestly that WASN'T ENJOYABLE. All of my favorite characters (Kyou, Kotomi, Sunohara, Tomoyo), were all gone. We were stuck with Nagisa (ugh).

I kept watching despite all of this because I felt that the first season was so great that I owed it to myself to finish up the series, however looking back at it I wished Clannad had just ended after season 1.

OVERALL

CLANNAD SESON 1 (10/10)
CLANNAD ~AS~ (7/10)
CLANNAD SERIES (8/10)

Heh, we almost have opposite views when it comes to the two seasons. ^^;

For me, the first season was alright, but I had watched Kanon previously and Clannad didn't stand up to it in my opinion. Clannad was a very good show, but since I had watched Kanon first I found Clannad to be lacking in comparison. (just my personal feelings on the shows)

I believe one of the main reasons for that is because Clannad was left with a very 'unfinished' feeling. A lot of the mysteries weren't resolved yet, and it was sort of so-so at the ending, and I felt a bit left out. (I also was unaware of anything that happend in the Visual Novel and had no idea a second season was coming, so I literally thought that was the end and was disappointed with the loose ends)

After Story finally brought everything together for me, and while it was very depressing and I think I cried *every* episode for the final stretch, that's what I loved about it. I don't claim to love feeling depressed or anything, but just the fact that it could stir so many emotions really makes it a great series in my eyes. I like stories that are tear-jerkers because they take you on an emotional roller-coaster, yet it was still able to end on a happy note (I enjoyed the ending in any case, I know not everyone's fond of the time-reverse thing, but for me it was mandatory to see Tomoya get a happy ending, and I was so overwhelmed with relief that I don't mind how they pulled it off.)

Anyways, yeah that's how I see it. When you combine Clannad and After Story into one long show then it becomes very good overall I think. I understand what you're saying though, the whole tragedy aspect is not for everyone, and I can definitely see not enjoying it when compared to the more light-hearted moments in season 1. I truly enjoyed After Story though, the plot development really pulled me in and elevated my opinion of it as a whole. :)
morbidmuseMar 22, 2009 2:41 PM
Mar 22, 2009 2:38 PM

Aug 2006
I liked this extra episode since it puts some humour in after all the drama. I'm still not sure what I'm going to give this series, but at least I have recap episode to decide :P.
Mar 22, 2009 3:07 PM

Mar 2008
nihil said:
much better than the real last episode.

yea the 22 must be deleted of our memorys....
kleinerwolfMar 23, 2009 11:58 AM
Mar 22, 2009 3:54 PM
Mar 2009
MistressMorbid said:
alexcampos said:

OVERALL

CLANNAD SESON 1 (10/10)
CLANNAD ~AS~ (7/10)
CLANNAD SERIES (8/10)

Heh, we almost have opposite views when it comes to the two seasons. ^^;

For me, the first season was alright, but I had watched Kanon previously and Clannad didn't stand up to it in my opinion. Clannad was a very good show, but since I had watched Kanon first I found Clannad to be lacking in comparison. (just my personal feelings on the shows)

I believe one of the main reasons for that is because Clannad was left with a very 'unfinished' feeling. A lot of the mysteries weren't resolved yet, and it was sort of so-so at the ending, and I felt a bit left out. (I also was unaware of anything that happend in the Visual Novel and had no idea a second season was coming, so I literally thought that was the end and was disappointed with the loose ends)

After Story finally brought everything together for me, and while it was very depressing and I think I cried *every* episode for the final stretch, that's what I loved about it. I don't claim to love feeling depressed or anything, but just the fact that it could stir so many emotions really makes it a great series in my eyes. I like stories that are tear-jerkers because they take you on an emotional roller-coaster, yet it was still able to end on a happy note (I enjoyed the ending in any case, I know not everyone's fond of the time-reverse thing, but for me it was mandatory to see Tomoya get a happy ending, and I was so overwhelmed with relief that I don't mind how they pulled it off.)

Anyways, yeah that's how I see it. When you combine Clannad and After Story into one long show then it becomes very good overall I think. I understand what you're saying though, the whole tragedy aspect is not for everyone, and I can definitely see not enjoying it when compared to the more light-hearted moments in season 1. I truly enjoyed After Story though, the plot development really pulled me in and elevated my opinion of it as a whole. :)

Just this...I second everything that you said MistressMorbid...hehehehe, (that's my opinion)...

This is the roller coaster I love...hehehehe
Mar 22, 2009 3:59 PM

Aug 2008
This episode makes you want to watch the entire show again.

Too bad the last episode will be just a recap.

Mar 22, 2009 5:37 PM

Jul 2008
Kyou was awesome, and when that pan hitting Nagisa had to be one of the funnier things in the two season of Clannad.
Mar 22, 2009 5:37 PM

May 2007
It was nice seeing that even before they met and knew each other, Tomoya helped out Nagisa :D Yep, their bond is that awesome~

Ahh~ I missed Clannad funny moments (Sunohara, Kyou & Akio thank you for these. XD)

Mar 22, 2009 5:50 PM

Feb 2008
Great episode.
Kyou was awesome as usual.

Oh shi-
Mar 22, 2009 5:53 PM

Sep 2007
Even though I couldn't stand Nagisa in the first season, I ended up really liking her this time around. I think that's the only thing After Story accomplished.
Mar 22, 2009 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
Kyou! yay ^^
It wasn't bad, and felt like a nice change from all of these "time traveling" and supernatural occurrences.

There's one thing bugging me a little though. This was supposed to be a direct prequel to the first season right? But if I remember correctly, Nagisa was totally alone in her senior years at the school. I don't remember there being a mention of that friend she made tanks to Tomoya's prank...

So the next is just a recap huh? Too bad >.<

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

725 by H8trs »»
2 hours ago

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.