Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2009 4:20 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Suzuri >__<

But I wonder why the GGP police didn"t take away her dead body or at least confirm who she was.
Mar 17, 2009 6:58 AM

Feb 2009
That's a good question. It is easy enough to know that she was not Rin. Looks like they may have awaken a bear, a big one at that.
Mar 17, 2009 7:07 AM
Mar 2008
I hope now the GGP can be in trouble for hurting the Suzuri instead of Rin. Though what Rin said too Okakura that it was their fault and his for creating Fuego, I thought that she kinda blamed it on him. It was her choice to ride the rideback and do the crazy things...
Mar 17, 2009 7:59 AM

Aug 2008
Oh the show needed such an amazing episode like a breath of fresh air. My heart skipped a few beats. If only they did this a few eps sooner.
Mar 17, 2009 9:32 AM

Feb 2009
Suzuri is dead. Aw man I had a feeling this was going to happen. I hope they gonna made GGP pay for all of this!
Mar 17, 2009 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
Wow. Wonderful episode. I hope this episode is the beginning of a great ending

Mar 17, 2009 11:37 AM

Jan 2009
The annoying character died =p

But on a serious note a good quality episode, plenty of plot build-up, possible revenge-motive to drive plot forward.

Also quite a viscal display of red blood.
Mar 17, 2009 12:02 PM

Feb 2008
the GGP didn't really care really. the were out for blood to begin with. now everyone has a reason to take up arms.
Mar 17, 2009 1:01 PM

May 2008
Somehow I have started disliking and disliking rideback more and more in spite of the fact that I am even managing a blog (http://rideback.wordpress.com ) on rideback releases.

This whole episode missed any piece of hapiness or something like that... ah well...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 17, 2009 1:08 PM
May 2008
At first I found Rideback a little boring mainly during the first few episodes when it was mostly when it was about actually racing. Now however it has completely picked up, especially when Rin became a wanted fugitive. Oh, and BTW poor Suzuri... I was pretty much expecting it though when she was being chased.
KillthisAccountMar 17, 2009 1:12 PM
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 17, 2009 2:03 PM

Oct 2008
It was strange how the GGP officer zoomed in on her and confirmed that it was Rin when obviously it wasn't.

As soon as the chase started, it was pretty obvious that Suzuri was going to be killed. I wonder why she opted to flee given the past actions of that GGP unit in killing first and asking questions later. I imagine the reporter woman was somewhere filming this latest atrocity and it will be a nice impetus to further resistance by a larger portion of the populace.
Mar 17, 2009 2:29 PM

Feb 2009
poor suzuri chan..... my jaw kinda dropped when i saw the spray of blood.... i definitely wasnt expecting that

rin chan is going to be livid
Mar 17, 2009 2:31 PM

Aug 2008
Well, Suzuri wins the Anime equivalent of a Darwin Award.

But I suppose her death was necessary, and dramatically they really sold it. Even though Rin was whining at the end, at least we have her finally taking responsibility for her actions. Here's hoping the last few episodes are as great as the first few.
Mar 17, 2009 5:26 PM

Dec 2007
Damn... :-O

Just... Damn. :-(

I guess I'm dense, but I really didn't see that coming until the last minute.

Poor Suzuri-chan. <sniff>
Mar 17, 2009 6:05 PM

Jul 2008
sdfxrpl said:
Though what Rin said too Okakura that it was their fault and his for creating Fuego, I thought that she kinda blamed it on him. It was her choice to ride the rideback and do the crazy things...

That's why she blame herself as well, and I guess she is putting way more blame on her back than on Okakura's.

The episode was really good, I hope they don't screw up the end.
Mar 17, 2009 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
im sorry guys....but i laughed and smiled when suzuri died
my face just light up like christmas lights when i saw that cop appear
Mar 17, 2009 7:51 PM

Jan 2009
I think this episode was done well. One thing I love about this anime is how realistic a lot of their emotions and feelings are. The not so great part is how they seem to keep making really stupid decisions. My jaw dropped when the whole Suzuri thing happened. The moment she started running you knew something bad would happen but that? It's pretty dumb of the GGP to not have realized that it wasnt the real "rideback girl" I mean, this one had glasses for one thing. I don't see this anime having a proper ending in two episodes though. We'll see how it goes.
Mar 17, 2009 10:56 PM

Jan 2009
So how did suzuri die? Was she bashed in the head or worse? All I saw was blood-spray, flying glasses and helmet. What a way to end the episode.
Mar 17, 2009 11:47 PM

Apr 2008
tcalley said:
So how did suzuri die? Was she bashed in the head or worse? All I saw was blood-spray, flying glasses and helmet. What a way to end the episode.

She was probably shot by the WhiteRider.

This is the 2nd time i've cried during an anime (First being Code Geass), i just can't believe it, but at the same time, characters like Suzuri end up dead because they don't fit in with the others. The GGP should stand for: Go Get Pissed (on), what a bunch of f***ers. Now if this were about 26 episodes longer and had Suzuri's death at around 19-21 , i might have given this a perfect 10, but i'm sticking with 9.

4.5/5
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Mar 18, 2009 1:21 AM

Jul 2008
From the very first second they showed Suzuri in this episode I had that feeling that they were going to kill her. :<

Suzuri brought so much life into this anime... I'll miss her...
Mar 18, 2009 7:44 AM

Jan 2008
Most annoying and useless character died....this alone gives this ep 5/5 .Two more episodes. I wonder how will the director wrap the things up.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Mar 18, 2009 9:11 AM

Mar 2008
I'm not gonna mis Suzuri, she was too obsessed with Rin.
She should have just dismounted the RideBack when the whiteriders came, they probably wouldn't have killed her.

I think her dead will be useful as the trigger for a revolution or something (and Rin going in action).
Mar 18, 2009 1:24 PM

Jul 2008
Even though I hated Suzuri, it was kinda touching that she had to die by White RideBack. And it was beautiful scene when Suzuri said that she wanna shee Rin dancing balet again and then... :'<

Awesome episoder, really liking !

Mar 18, 2009 1:52 PM

Oct 2008
I kind of liked Suzuri, but i guess her death was sort of necessary. Hopefully this will spark Rin into going after the GGP.
Mar 18, 2009 3:41 PM

Apr 2008
tcalley said:

According to manga, Suzuri's head was cut off >__<
Mar 18, 2009 6:00 PM
Aug 2007
Suzuri. I can't stop crying.

Gah.

):
Mar 18, 2009 6:08 PM

Mar 2007
This is the second rideback episode that makes me rage.
raging because of the actions of certain characters, and when the repercussions of their actions get them , the rest of the cast goes " oh noes " + lot of unnecessary QQ .
F*ck that ! They did stupid sh*t , they paid for it.
I mean...was it so hard to just get off the damn machine ?
no no , instead she had to do a sprint , wave around a stupid flag while being chased by murderers who think they are on Justice's side. End result ? she dies. That was almost as easy to foretell as 1+1 = 2
bah.
only two episodes left. I don't even know what is it they plan on doing in two episode.

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Mar 18, 2009 8:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
kurotsuki said:
This is the second rideback episode that makes me rage.
raging because of the actions of certain characters, and when the repercussions of their actions get them , the rest of the cast goes " oh noes " + lot of unnecessary QQ .
F*ck that ! They did stupid sh*t , they paid for it.
I mean...was it so hard to just get off the damn machine ?
no no , instead she had to do a sprint , wave around a stupid flag while being chased by murderers who think they are on Justice's side. End result ? she dies. That was almost as easy to foretell as 1+1 = 2
bah.
only two episodes left. I don't even know what is it they plan on doing in two episode.

yeah, couldn't she get off the f**** rideback? You are NOT Rin so you can't compete with the white ridebacks...*sigh*

I wonder how Japanese media will cover this event.....

And we see internal strife from GGP.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 18, 2009 9:27 PM

Feb 2008
This episode was great (horray annoying girl is dead, ding dong...) lots of plot movement.

But it also made me really dislike Ogata. Where does she get off blaming Okakura for that Suzuri chicks death? He created Fuego, yes, but did he ASK her to ride it? Each time she rode Fuego it was her own choice and had nothing to do with Okakura. This just made her look pathetic and lame. I would have loved her character if the death of a friend made her determined to stop GGP and the careless killings they conduct. Instead she decided to play the blame-game.

I'll wait another episode before I kill her off in my mind.
Mar 19, 2009 12:36 PM

Jul 2008
No pity for Suzuri at all. It's no surprise the most useless and annoying character remains useless and annoying even in the moments prior to their death. Of course, they're no longer useless after death as they generally act as a catalyst. May your life have meaning in death, you stupid, stupid character.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Mar 19, 2009 1:14 PM

Jun 2008
I seriously didn't expect that the CGP would kill Suzuri. I thought that they gonna capture her or something. My jaw literally dropped when she was killed.
Mar 20, 2009 11:47 PM

Oct 2007
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII SUZURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ;_;
Mar 21, 2009 2:57 PM

Mar 2008
It was better than the last few episodes. Finally something major happened, though the episode was ok during the first part of it, too. But it was really obvious that something would happen. I didn't think she would die, but going to a demonstration with Ridebacks being forbidden and the GGP not being the most humanistic origination, it was kind of obvious something along those lines would happen.

Well, I thought Suzuri was a very annoying character, therefore her death didn't really get to me. Seems she was introduced that way to only fulfil this role.

The scene itself felt a bit forced though with all that crying going on. Hell, Rin even cried while watching a video message from her friends on the phone...
The scene with Rin and the blonde girl hugging each other on the train was more fitting.

But anyway, it's pretty stupid to blame herself and that guy or the whole Rideback thing for Suzuri's death. I mean she totally asked for it. Why wouldn't she stop when it's a misunderstanding and she is not even wanted. I mean a normal person would stop, get down from the bike and put his hands up. They only killed her because she was running away (though the senseless & meaningless violence from the GGP side is of course pretty stupid too). Why didn't she try harder to explain to the people that she isn't Rin? Well, I can't really get warm for all the unrealistic & unbelievable stuff the story introduced after episode 3. Hope it will get really good again for the small rest of the show.
Mar 22, 2009 7:32 PM

Jul 2007
Finally things start to get back to the level of intensity of some of the earlier episodes. The last couple of episodes had some ok back-story, but it took several episodes to get through it. It seemed they could have dispatched with this information in one episode instead of dragging it out.

I really like the character animation in this show. The entire sequence where Suzuri was killed was well done. The expressions on the characters faces and reactions to watching their friend being brutally killed was realistic and shocking. The horror and shock of the moment was pretty realistic.

And Suzuri was killed by having her skull crushed by that javelin-like sword the police rideback was using. The sequence was so compelling I had to go back and take some snapshots of those scenes (specifically, the expressions and reactions of Rin, Shouko and especially Tamayo - who has turned out to be a much more well-rounded character than the tough-girl racer archetype she originally appeared to be).

Yes, Suzuri was an annoying character (and yes it is gratifying that the annoying character gets whacked...) , but in the context of the show, she had begun to be accepted by the group as kind of the sidekick. I also think Douta had a thing for her. The sensible thing would have been to lie on the road and surrender, but cut her some slack. Things got out of hand in a hurry and if you feel your life is being threatened, your first instinct is to GET THE HELL OUT. I think Suzuri was totally caught up in the moment and had been jonesing to show off her skills. Her idolization of Rin proved that she wasn't really grounded in reality. She was mistaken for Rin, (and the police may have intentionally made that call since they had been under a lot of pressure to find the rideback girl - I could see them sending out a press release that they had positively confirmed she was the one...) I think it went to Suzuri's head and she actually thought she could escape from the police just like Rin had done.

...or maybe I'm giving her too much credit.

Anyway, although you could see it coming, it was still sad to watch. The shock and horror of all who witnessed the slaying was well done.

These aren't normal police either. It's not like they were going to pull her over and give her a traffic ticket...

I agree with others that at this point in the show Rin needs to stop her waffling about how she feels about everything that has happened and Fuego.

She should accept she's a fugitive already, remember how her brother was tortured and her friend was brutally killed, go find Kiefer, become a terrorist, and kick some GGP ass.

she could do classical ballet performances for her comrades during down-time.

all in all, good episode. I've enjoyed this show a lot more than I expected...
Mar 22, 2009 11:09 PM
Nov 2007
Although I like drama and angst and stuff, my enthusiasm for the show is 100% gone. Too few episodes left and the main character has been doing absolutely nothing entertaining to watch. If this was how it was going to be, I wish they'd made Kiefer the main character and not bothered with Rin.
Mar 23, 2009 3:35 AM

Dec 2007
Hinata020 said:
But it also made me really dislike Ogata. Where does she get off blaming Okakura for that Suzuri chicks death? He created Fuego, yes, but did he ASK her to ride it? Each time she rode Fuego it was her own choice and had nothing to do with Okakura. This just made her look pathetic and lame. I would have loved her character if the death of a friend made her determined to stop GGP and the careless killings they conduct. Instead she decided to play the blame-game.

second it.
I hope she'll stop to blame circumstances and start to use her brain before saddle up Fuego and gad about trying to save everyone. but if course it's much more enjoyable to use Okakura like a scapegoat.
WaterLily said:
tcalley said:

According to manga, Suzuri's head was cut off >__<

I wish they did the same in anime, instead of showing crying and frustrated faces.
Mar 27, 2009 4:27 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
What the hell... D:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 27, 2009 8:04 PM

May 2008
cyruz said:
What the hell... D:
Yeah Seriously
Mar 27, 2009 8:18 PM

Jun 2007
Hinata020 said:
This episode was great (horray annoying girl is dead, ding dong...) lots of plot movement.

I'll wait another episode before I kill her off in my mind.

Did you even watch the episode? She didn't say it was all Okakura's fault, she clearly said it was both of their faults, which it is.

This episode was dramatic and the whole time I was thinking "Oh shit Suzuri's gonna get killed" lol. I agree with the people that think Suzuri will be the key to sparking stronger opposition on GGP. Rin needs to get her head out of her ass and stop pushing blame on herself and other people.
Mar 27, 2009 11:16 PM

Nov 2007
rin has been pathetic and still is pathetic. cmon i love how she is so non-chalant, her brother was charged for a murder he didn't commit and she still doesn't feel the need to show the world how wrong the GGP is.

honestly as a person, i would consider rin a piece of shit.
Mar 28, 2009 1:49 AM
Mar 2009
seriously... SERIOUSLY? how can people actually feel sorry for suzuri? she tried to run away from the white, MILITARY, ridebacks with ginormous swords and shields, for heaven's sake. what would you really expect to happen in that situation.

also, i got the feeling that she wasn't paying attention to what was in front of her at all while she was (pointlessly) yelling towards rin, so she most certainly would have run over anything small that got in her way... like a small child or a baby. you wouldnt feel sorry for her if she ran over a baby, would you?

suzuri wins a darwin award for succumbing to survival of the fittest.

though, now rin has an excuse to start clubbing white riders to death with their own beatsticks, so this episode was +2 for getting to see natural selection at work AND jumpstarting the main character (hopefully)
Mar 28, 2009 4:40 AM

Jun 2008
SUZURI!!!!!!!!!!

: (

This anime is aewsoem, really aewsoem.
Mar 28, 2009 6:57 AM

Sep 2008
too bad there is no jokes from preview. I was looking forward to it every time.
Mar 28, 2009 8:49 AM

Aug 2008
Finally, this show is back on track once again.

It's about time those "stagnant" episodes back then will give out results that I wanted.

Mar 28, 2009 2:07 PM

Sep 2007
I face palmed when Suzuri was busy yelling at the train. Seriously? Did she really expect Rin to hear her? And why was she even saying those things when she should be concentrating on getting the hell away from the GGP. I guess it was a poor attempt at making us pity her. I laughed when the groupie girl got baton'd in the face by the GGP rideback.
Mar 28, 2009 4:25 PM

Feb 2008
... why Suzuri? T_T
Mar 28, 2009 5:10 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, so Goblin isn't only a good mechanic, he's also a hacker. :D

Anyway, from the start of this episode I knew something bad was gonna happen. GGP + illegal demonstration + the main character needing a reason to fight again = someone must die.

Though I couldn't care less since Suzuri was the sacrificial lamp. It's not that she's too annoying, but I don't feel her character is all that important to the show, and her death was far too predictable from the moment she ran away from the white riders. Anyone else's death (except for fatty maybe) would have had a much more emotional impact, imo.

Two more episodes left, I hope we'll see some ass kicking. :D
Mar 29, 2009 9:07 PM

Oct 2008
ChinesePanda said:
im sorry guys....but i laughed and smiled when suzuri died
my face just light up like christmas lights when i saw that cop appear

LOL awesome, same

This episode was like amazingly overdramatic. I think this show takes itself too seriously. I'm just hoping for some kickass action in the next two eps.
Mar 31, 2009 9:59 AM

Dec 2008
I didn't laughed at all ; (

Ok it was stupid to participate in this demonstration but...

Fu** that was so hard
this show is violent,it looked like the Rideback chopped off her head

: (

put a railgun on Fuego and then lets rock XD
FabienneMar 31, 2009 11:33 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2009 10:59 PM

Dec 2007
While I personally don't care about Suzuri, I pity her that she dies under GGP's hand in order to get Rin's attention as I guess.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» I am so disappointed by this show

Dorothea - Mar 22, 2009

10 by DishonoredRonin »»
Nov 26, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

id - Mar 29, 2009

102 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 24, 2009

43 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 9 Discussion

Beave - Mar 10, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 11:11 AM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 8 Discussion

WaterLily - Mar 8, 2009

38 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.