Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2007 7:17 PM

Oct 2007
all the tales series woul be great if it were to become anime..

The Ultimate Procrastinator...Eye Patch Crazy...

Nov 20, 2007 9:27 PM

Aug 2007
Kingdom Hearts o.o
Nov 21, 2007 3:02 AM

Nov 2007
Well, we have a Tales Of Eternia anime... it's cool. :)

But a game that DESERVES an anime adaptation is the Suikoden series. OK, the anime surely would be extremely long, but... oh god, we're talking about Suikoden here! :D
"A lesser man might call it a day and bask in the echoing voices of cheer and celebration. A lesser man might delight in the moment, knowing he's the ultimate hero, a benevolent Big Brother to all and an inspirational light of hope in the darkest of times.

But Superman is not a lesser man. He renews his vigorous patrol of our world for wherever the battle for trust and justice must be fought, Superman will be there.
Forever...and always."- Superman #150
Nov 22, 2007 6:38 PM

Sep 2007
The Half-Life games would probably make a good 5-10 episode OVA series.
Nov 23, 2007 1:26 AM

Nov 2007
roadlord said:
Earthbound - well, it could be nice :P

yeah i think that would be good twas a fun game

castlevania
Nov 24, 2007 6:01 AM

Nov 2007
Alundra
Nov 25, 2007 8:44 AM
Nov 2007
actually I will mention 3, and I am sure that a lot of people will agree :

Alundra
Valkyrie Profile
Fear Effect

the 3 of them being GREAT games on the old Playstation
Nov 25, 2007 12:34 PM

Nov 2007
I want a Castlevania anime *o*. Since there is a manga, I hope an anime will be made someday. Warcaft anime would be fun too ^_^ or Divine Divinity (or its sequel Beyond Divinity) if anyone except me ever played that game
Nov 27, 2007 4:58 AM
Aug 2007
^ yeah! warcraft! Specially Warcraft III! the ones with Jaina Proudmoore! : D
Nov 29, 2007 9:58 PM

Nov 2007
Suikoden, Zelda, and Chrono Cross (well ct series, but if I just say ct most people would neglect Chrono Cross).

Some of the action or fps games would probably make good anime, preferably black lagoon style. Which reminded me, GTA series should be made into anime, I can see some real potential there.

If anyone played Chinese games made from Taiwan, I REALLy want to see the Wind Fantasy series made into anime, though I know that will never happen.
Nov 30, 2007 3:21 AM

Jun 2007
Guilty gear, Valkyrie profile, Tales of the abyss, Shadow hearts..

Yea a GTA anime would be crazy
Nov 30, 2007 8:22 AM

Oct 2007
GTA didnt sell well in japan so that'd be a big stretch to see an anime...

lets see...games with silent protagonists are out...so zelda/chrono trigger doesnt work..

I agree with Pheonix Wright and Trauma Center...

hmmm...a game i would like to see is probably...the Final fantasy tactics advance series could be cute and fun...ninja gaiden would work as well
manasteel88Nov 30, 2007 8:26 AM
Nov 30, 2007 12:45 PM

Sep 2007
manasteel88 said:
lets see...games with silent protagonists are out...so zelda/chrono trigger doesnt work..

The Legend of Zelda manga has Link talking so that's not a factor...
Nov 30, 2007 5:13 PM

Nov 2007
Metroid
Earthbound
Wario Land
Super Mario RPG [OR Mario & Luigi ("I HAVE FURY!")]
Ouendan
Phoenix Wright

WarioWare would make a really random anime. It'd probably be cool, anyways.

"The Territorial Oak burst into flames!"
Dec 1, 2007 9:29 PM

Nov 2007
Hrn "Tales of" anime adaptations always bore me, I like the manga versions better. I would completely love Phoenix Wright as an anime. Those Tokyo Game Show previews are so fun. :D (Think of all the crack puns.) I'd want to see how the Summon Night series (any port) would do an as anime.
Dec 2, 2007 12:21 PM

Dec 2007
RoadLord said:
I have to say that based on former experience, animes that are based on games tend to suck (FFU, etc.)

That's because they don't go for a direct adaptation. If the plot's good, and you copy the plot, the anime should be good. At least, that's how I phrase it in the old noggin.

Anyways. Some great video games that would make even better anime...

Suikoden V
Star Ocean 2
Star Ocean 3
Final Fantasy Tactics

Thousand Arms would make an awesome Harem anime. And the best video game (ever) that would make the best anime (ever), is Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. :D
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 2, 2007 12:25 PM

Nov 2007
SageShinigami said:
Thousand Arms would make an awesome Harem anime. And the best video game (ever) that would make the best anime (ever), is Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. :D

I didn't even think of ps1 games. :D
I'd love to see Mia slap Nash in an animated form.
Dec 2, 2007 1:52 PM

Nov 2007
suikoden afaik is based on a historical fictional tale in China, and it would seem like those anime generally do not sell well in the west (Romance of the Three Kingdom for example, not sure if it even made it to the States)
Dec 2, 2007 1:58 PM
Nov 2007
Maybe a Ninja Gaiden or God of War spin-off
Dec 2, 2007 2:05 PM

Sep 2007
An anime adaptation of Guilty Gear would be awesome. Seeing as GGXX had an animated teaser of GGX, it would be more than possible. I think that Soul Calibur would give quite a decent anime. I haven't really played Trauma Center, but it being from Atlus, more than interesting to see. And since I mentioned Atlus, why not Shin Megami Tensei? I mean, Persona -trinity soul- is on the way, so why not Digital Devil Saga or Nocturne?

Edit: Of course, if only they would be decently done.
MassakiDec 2, 2007 2:09 PM
Dec 2, 2007 3:37 PM

Dec 2007
meroko said:
SageShinigami said:

*gives a cookie* I'm always happy when I find someone who has heard of/likes Lunar.

Lunar was full of anime cutscenes anyway, and its music was so excellent it could be carried over. Someone should do this. :P
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 2, 2007 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
Massaki said:
An anime adaptation of Guilty Gear would be awesome. Seeing as GGXX had an animated teaser of GGX, it would be more than possible. .

Agreed. Guilty gear just seems to lend itself to being an anime, it almost seems to be the games style.
Dec 4, 2007 11:52 PM

Nov 2007
Fatal Frame definitely ! But only if they can manage to give a similar ambiant like the game.

[url][/url]
Dec 5, 2007 12:18 PM

Sep 2007
Iriya said:
Crystal said:
SUIKODEN II!! I wanna see Luca Blight animated. D: D:

They'd have to get a really good seiyuu to voice him then...someone's who's capable of bringing out his full evilness *nods*

Seconded.
Dec 8, 2007 3:27 PM
Nov 2007
Tenchu needs to be made into an anime soooo bad ;_; Seeing as there's a Devil May Cry anime out now (and it's really good too) I'm sure it would work out perfectly.
Dec 10, 2007 5:34 PM

Sep 2007
Peace@Pieces, definitely. I can only hold out hope for it because Nanatsuiro Drops got the anime treatment, but then again it was from a branch of Unisonshift that (if I understand correctly) Noizi Ito has more creative control over, and P@P is from the main company branch, although she still did the character designs.

Heck, I'd just be satiated if the [not so] light novel adaptation of the game got translated.
Dec 10, 2007 6:51 PM

Sep 2007
A Metal Gear Solid anime would be godly. Especially if they got David Hayter to voice act in the dub. <3
Dec 11, 2007 12:20 AM

Jun 2007
final fantasy 8.. eeeee squallllll<3
Dec 11, 2007 12:30 AM

Dec 2006
any Final Fantasy (making 6 would be fricking awesome).
Zelda (and not the Saturday morning cartoon...)

I'm hoping that the Persona 3 anime would be good

Dec 11, 2007 1:18 AM

Jul 2007
kingdom hearts and metal gear solid, that'd be so awesome *___*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Dec 12, 2007 3:29 PM

Oct 2007
kindgom hearts would never happen though. disney's giving square enix enough trouble for using their characters/stories already D=

unless it was KH minus the disney aspect.
Dec 12, 2007 4:56 PM

Nov 2007
kab3451 said:
kindgom hearts would never happen though. disney's giving square enix enough trouble for using their characters/stories already D=

unless it was KH minus the disney aspect.

You mean another Final Fantasy anime with a bunch of little kids? No thanks.
Dec 13, 2007 7:00 PM

Dec 2007
SageShinigami said:
meroko said:
SageShinigami said:

*gives a cookie* I'm always happy when I find someone who has heard of/likes Lunar.

Lunar was full of anime cutscenes anyway, and its music was so excellent it could be carried over. Someone should do this. :P

Ahh, kindred spirits. My favorite RPGs of all time - still pop them in on occasion in fact. I have always said that SSS and EB would be my first picks to make into an anime by a fair margin, and that's never changed. They lend themselves so well, and were so good to begin with.

The Suikoden and Guilty Gear series would lend themselves very well too, and I'd also like to see a proper Growlanser series (instead of just an intro OVA).
Dec 15, 2007 5:27 PM
Jul 2007
meroko said:
Hrn "Tales of" anime adaptations always bore me, I like the manga versions better.

Well other than Eternia, all they've done are four episode OVAs. You cut a LOT turning a 40 hour game into 2 hours.

Anyway, games I'd like to see animated are...

Shenmue
Ninja Gaiden
Super Robot Wars/Taisen
Star Ocean: The Second Story/2nd Evolution about Dias Flac
SergDec 15, 2007 5:30 PM
Dec 15, 2007 7:13 PM

Nov 2007
there are already ova for srw series i think
Dec 16, 2007 10:18 AM
Nov 2007
kab3451 said:
kindgom hearts would never happen though. disney's giving square enix enough trouble for using their characters/stories already D= .

Disney giving Square Enix trouble for using their characters? WTF? Square Enix had Disney's permission... and there is supposedly a third one coming out.

I hate Kingdom Hearts something awful. Seen the number of Kingdom Hearts AMVs? C'mon people, it isn't in any way a 'deep' game, it's a bloody hack'n'slash adventure game... with crappy Disney characters thrown in, so as to sell more.

FireReaverX said:
You mean another Final Fantasy anime with a bunch of little kids? No thanks.

Ditto.

I dunno. Games that I want to be made into an animé...? Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, if any. The animé cutscenes in that game were awesome.
Dec 16, 2007 10:59 AM

Sep 2007
AdrNam said:
I hate Kingdom Hearts something awful. Seen the number of Kingdom Hearts AMVs? C'mon people, it isn't in any way a 'deep' game, it's a bloody hack'n'slash adventure game... with crappy Disney characters thrown in, so as to sell more.

THANK YOU. Finally someone who agrees that the series was a shitty generic Final Fantasy cash-in filled with Disney characters.
Dec 16, 2007 11:35 AM

Oct 2007
@AdrNam: yeah, they did have disney's permission, but disney didn't like how they changed the disney movie storylines in the first one, and there are rumors that disney wont let them use their movies for the third one. I've just heard these things from multiple sources, so how true they are i'm not sure.
Dec 16, 2007 11:39 AM
Nov 2007
Foggle said:
AdrNam said:

THANK YOU. Finally someone who agrees that the series was a shitty generic Final Fantasy cash-in filled with Disney characters.
Lol well apparently we don't have enough boring, milked out and uncreative disney movies and series out there so lets milk out that cow some more.
Dec 16, 2007 11:57 AM
Nov 2007
Yeah. Finally two people who hate the game. We should start a club.

I still don't see why (apparently) "Disney's giving Square Enix into trouble for using their characters"... ... ...

My hatred for that game is absolute (and unprecedented), and no amount of hype over the third game, crappy manga, and even crappier AMVs are gonna change my opinion of it. Goddamnit, don't get me started on that game!

@AdrNam: yeah, they did have disney's permission, but disney didn't like how they changed the disney movie storylines in the first one, and there are rumors that disney wont let them use their movies for the third one. I've just heard these things from multiple sources, so how true they are i'm not sure.

Okay. I don't think the sources speak the truth, but anyway I don't really care. I gotta blank that game outta my mind before I got freakin' insane with anger.
Scott_Dec 16, 2007 12:02 PM
Dec 16, 2007 12:01 PM
Jul 2007
Foggle said:
AdrNam said:

Count me in too.

Shinkenshi said:

Yeah, but they can still make a show out of the games we can't have state side because of all the different animes and licenses needed for it.
Dec 16, 2007 3:12 PM

Dec 2007
Serg said:

Shinkenshi said:

Yeah, but they can still make a show out of the games we can't have state side because of all the different animes and licenses needed for it.

They did an OVA and a TV series for OG, which is frankly not much less than I could have asked for. I only wish the US release wasn't charging an arm and a leg - you can get whole series for $50, so 3 episodes (subbed only) at that price is rather lame. I'm not buying that without at least a 93% or so price drop.

Sadly, most of the crossover games wouldn't do that well as an anime due to their very nature - too easy to isolate fans of one title or another.The perceptions of the fans are a big issue as well.
Some of the games have rather interesting what-ifs, but I think an anime based on them probaby would either turn out along the lines of Shuffle!: Memories, or be so far removed from the series that it might as well be something completely different. Neither of which is something I'd like to see.
Oh, I'd like to see the games come over themselves (fat chance, I know), but I wouldn't be so ecstatic about a series on anything other than OG. Still, there are some possibilities . . .
Dec 16, 2007 4:38 PM

Nov 2007
zelda and golden sun
Dec 17, 2007 8:04 AM

Nov 2007
...Halo. ;)P

Just kiddin'. I'd be content with a Legend of Zelda anime.
Dec 17, 2007 8:45 AM
Nov 2007
They did so a Zelda TV series. I'm sure. And I think it was crap. Here it is here. Wasn't an animé though, it was American, and it was only loosely based on the game.

Personally (apart from maybe Tactics: War of the Lions) I'd just like to see original animé or animé based on manga, rather than any videogame-based stuff, which'll most probably be rubbish and not a patch on the original game.
Dec 18, 2007 5:39 PM

Sep 2007
Definetly the Final Fantasy X series and up :D but maybe not FF12, for some reason, the enviroment doesnt really appeal to me.
Dec 20, 2007 12:11 PM

Dec 2007
All of Blizzard games. Namely Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft.

Also, Icewind Dale II and most of the Elder Scroll series.

A Worms anime would be pretty whacky as well.
Dec 20, 2007 12:15 PM

Nov 2007
i want an anime of that game called naruto on 360 that would be quiet good
Dec 21, 2007 3:29 PM

Jul 2007
I know this games aren't release yet, but I would love to see No More Heroes, Baroque & Castle of Shikigami III.
Dec 23, 2007 9:48 PM

Nov 2007
The only game I can think of that I didnt see mentioned was the Resident Evil series.

The series has a really wide variety of interesting characters and an intense conspiracy-like plot with a good bit of suspense.

Of course theyve already made those live-action movies, which might already given the possibilty a bad rep--I havent seen any of the movies, but they looked awful in the previews.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 36 minutes ago

0 by johnsrp »»
36 minutes ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
2 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.