Forum Settings
Forums

Favourite Character Foils/Relationships that really made the show for you?

New
Dec 27, 2013 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
Title says all. Have you ever seen a certain pair of characters that had a certain relationship, romantic or not, that really made the show for you? So much so that their relationship was one of the main reasons you keep coming back for more?

Here are a couple of mine:

- Rock and Revy (Black Lagoon): For a show that is all flashy with blood and bullets flying everywhere, I can't help but adore how their relationship developed. I'm not really talking romance (BL doesn't seem like the type of show). I just love how, despite how different they are, they eventually come to a mutual understanding of one another, which is amazing especially for someone like Revy, who usually has her guns do the talking.

- Ed and Al (Fullmetal Alchemist): Throughout all the pain they went throughout their lives, these two brothers stuck together the entire way. Ed is the taker of chances and the more arrogant one, while Al keeps his older brother grounded. It's simply so admirable how much they want to save each other rather than themselves first. Plus, the ending of the 2003 version....wow.

- Shinji and Asuka (Evangelion): I don't really want to say much about these two, since Eva was always a hard thing to talk about. The main reason why I like the foil they create is despite how different they may seem, deep down in the psychoanalysis the show makes, they are so similar. They both just want to be loved and they just want attention. Sucks that they never really got it.

Plenty more, but yeah. I'd like to see your favourite character relationships and why.

Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2013 7:45 PM

Oct 2013
Koyomi Araragi and Senjougahara Hitagi. I LOVE THESE TWO. Their banter and exchange of verbal abuse and even just conversational pieces were always entertaining for me, and they are perfect for each other, in more ways than one.
Dec 27, 2013 7:48 PM

Jun 2008
StillSwingin007 said:
- Shinji and Asuka (Evangelion):

In doujins is where Asuka and shinji really shine.

In the show they're like the "odd couple".

But it's interesting to say the least.
Dec 27, 2013 7:58 PM

Feb 2010
Tomoya and Nagisa from Clannad, Light and L from Death Note, Yang and Reinhard from LoGH, Rakka and Reki from Haibane Renmei, that's all I'm thinking of atm.
Dec 27, 2013 7:59 PM

Sep 2011
20th century boys:
kenji and friend, more of a hero vs villain thing but kenji trying to uncover what friend is up to and how friend is always 1 step ahead was just a absolute blast to read

psycho pass:
makshima and kogami, again this was a cat and mouse thing and seeing the 2 both trying to counter eachother's actions was one of the strongest points of the series

gintama:
kagura and sougo, I dont see the romantic implications others see but these 2 are some of the funniest character to see interact with eachother, their rivalry always escalates things to hilarious proportions and in the rare serious moment they'd have together its sweet to see the 2 actually give a shit about the other...ok i guess i see where the romantic thing comes from now

tiger and bunny:
kotetsu and barnaby, does this even need explanation, this is the most bro-tastic relationship in anime, seeing them go from at eachothers throats to inseperable bros is one of my favorite parts to tiger and bunny

jojo's bizzare adventure:
joseph and ceaser, essentially for the exact same reasons as tiger and bunny, only difference is this one

more for the game than the meh adaptions but
tales of the abyss:
luke and tear, one of my favorite romantic stories, the way they develop as characters both together and individually was something kept me really invested in these 2 across the 50 hour game abyss was, its one of the few stories where its completly understandable why the 2 like eachother and they even justify why one doesnt just confess in a understandable manner too

Chikan Otoko:
Molester man and kansai, thats all ill say, go read this series if you havent to see why

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 27, 2013 8:11 PM

Dec 2012
ZRShay said:
Koyomi Araragi and Senjougahara Hitagi.

Nothing else need to be said.
Dec 27, 2013 8:16 PM

Aug 2013
JustALEX said:
StillSwingin007 said:
- Shinji and Asuka (Evangelion):

In doujins is where Asuka and shinji really shine.

In the show they're like the "odd couple".

But it's interesting to say the least.

Shinji: "C'mon, pucker up!"

Yeah, pretty interesting.

Akito_Kinomoto said:
Tomoya and Nagisa from Clannad

Love this particular relationship as well.

Maybe Nagisa is a pretty bland character when it comes down to it, and maybe their relationship seemed a little too pure, but hey, their relationship was genuine, and hey, Clannad was a fairy tale to begin with.

Mod Edit: Double-Post merged.
rodacDec 27, 2013 10:40 PM
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Dec 27, 2013 8:24 PM

Apr 2011
Bakuman.
Relationship between the Mashiro and Azuki is painfully impressive.

Clannad
Tomoya and Nagisa as well.
Dec 27, 2013 8:38 PM

Apr 2013
Isaac and Miria from Baccano were hilarious.

Inferno Cop and Hellfire Boy had pretty good chemistry also.
Dec 27, 2013 8:40 PM

Jun 2012
Light and L obviously. Anime is entirely carried by their relationship. As is evident by the later part.

Ein and Zwei. Just an amazingly complex relation that you can interpret in several ways. What makes this anime and pairing stand out is the inevitable sad ending that makes their relation so heartbreaking.

Hoshino and Mahiro. Death note part 2? God I love brother(like) relationships. Mutual respect, equal strength and both unpredictable as fuck. A time bomb waiting to explode. Came close to being a masterpiece until they resolved the tension between these two and started focusing on the story instead of the fragile character relations and mind games.

Yuno and YUKI YUKI YUUUKIIII YUKIIIIII. Yeah, as frustrating as these two were at times they also had great chemistry. Complete mayhem. Utter trainwreck, love it. Never knowing what Yuno is planning and Yuki always being helpless against her while being able to tell her to kill fucking everything, this was just a complete mess.

Shout outs to Natsume/Madara, Beatrice/Battler, Wolfwood/Vash, Kamina/Simon, Kurisu/Okabe, Revy/Rock, Nodame/Chiaki, Satou/Misaki, Kanba/Shouma, Nagisa/Tomoya, Taichi/Arata, Canaan/Alphard, Yin/Hei
RiikenDec 27, 2013 8:45 PM
Dec 27, 2013 8:43 PM

Aug 2013
Riiken said:
Light and L obviously. Anime is entirely carried by their relationship. As is evident by the later part.

Ein and Zwei. Just an amazingly complex relation that you can interpret in several ways. What makes this anime and pairing stand out is the inevitable sad ending that makes their relation so heartbreaking.

Hoshino and Mahiro. Death note part 2? God I love brother(like) relationships. Mutual respect, equal strength and both unpredictable as fuck. A time bomb waiting to explode. Came close to being a masterpiece until they resolved the tension between these two and started focusing on the story instead of the fragile character relations and mind games.

Yuno and YUKI YUKI YUUUKIIII YUKIIIIII. Yeah, as frustrating as these two were at times they also had great chemistry. Complete mayhem. Utter trainwreck, love it. Never knowing what Yuno is planning and Yuki always being helpless against her while being able to tell her to kill fucking everything, this was just a complete mess.

Shout outs to Natsume/Madara, Beatrice/Battler, Wolfwood/Vash, Kamina/Simon, Kurisu/Okabe, Revy/Rock, Nodame/Chiaki, Satou/Misaki, Kanba/Shouma, Nagisa/Tomoya,

Loved Light and L as well. Genius vs Genius (the yaoi fangirls scare me though)
Also with you with Ein/Zwei, Kamina/Simon, Kurisu/Okabe, Satou/Misaki (Welcome to the NHK had so many good character relationships)
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Dec 27, 2013 8:46 PM

Jun 2012
I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet, but Griffith and Guts. Their friendship makes the Golden Age arc's finale all the more harder to bear.

I can't see how people really like the Clannad relationship (Tomoya and Nagisa), but hey, like what you want. It seemed very bland in my opinion.
получить деньги моего друга
Dec 27, 2013 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
samishime said:

I can't see how people really like the Clannad relationship (Tomoya and Nagisa), but hey, like what you want. It seemed very bland in my opinion.

Meh. I somewhat agree, and I can see where you're coming from, but I'm biased.
There are plenty worse relationships (see Sword art Online - Kirito, Asuna, Guilty Crown - Shu, Inori)

Another I want to add is Ed and Winry from FMA (both 2003 and Brotherhood)
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Dec 27, 2013 8:55 PM

Jun 2012
samishime said:
I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet, but Griffith and Guts. Their friendship makes the Golden Age arc's finale all the more harder to bear.

Based on season one only I get where you are coming from. The nature of their relationship and their interaction is rather bland. What makes them stand out is the execution of their important scene's together which are often very powerful and memorable. The opening scene, the choice scene, the confession scene. It's those moments that create chemistry and that feeling of the perfect couple. Not to mention that Nagisa is incredibly cute and Tomoya is awesome. I doubt there is a better harem MC out there.
Dec 27, 2013 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
Riiken said:
samishime said:

Based on season one only I get where you are coming from. The nature of their relationship and their interaction is rather bland. What makes them stand out is the execution of their important scene's together which are often very powerful and memorable. The opening scene, the choice scene, the confession scene. It's those moments that create chemistry and that feeling of the perfect couple. Not to mention that Nagisa is incredibly cute and Tomoya is awesome. I doubt there is a better harem MC out there.

Eh, I thought the confession scene was overdone, but what else could they have done for a conclusion?
I agree. Tomoya is a pretty damn good MC, especially for a harem like Clannad.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Dec 27, 2013 9:02 PM

Dec 2012
yomachi said:
Bakuman.

Why do you think it was impressive?

I thought there relationship and chemistry was awkward, them being self aware about that made it better but not by much. They had good scenes but I honestly wish that Mashiro never had a love interest and I'm a huge fan of romance. Even his chemistry with Kaya was better.

Kaya and Akito is the relationship that shined in the series for me, I thought it was better written even though they had way less focus.

StillSwingin007 said:
Welcome to the NHK had so many good character relationships

I thought that was one of the weakest aspects of the series. Most of them had glaring holes that made it unrealistic. And they weren't that developed. Each sides of the relationships didn't bring a noticeable effect on that characters involved.

samishime said:

Best Bromance ever
tsudecimoDec 27, 2013 9:07 PM
Dec 27, 2013 9:08 PM

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:

I thought that was one of the weakest aspects of the series. Most of them had glaring holes that made it unrealistic. And they weren't that developed. Each sides of the relationships didn't bring a noticeable effect on that characters involved.
wait what show did you watch, the entire development of satou across the entire show is completly reliant on his interactions with other characters specifically misaki and hitomi who also developed alongside him. All the characters were entirely different by stories end as well as their relationships with the other

its one thing to dislike the character relations but to say they had no effect on others is absurd as that was the entire show's second half, if characters werent reacting to other character's actions or developments then there wouldnt have been a second half, especially since satou would have killed himself in the first half

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 27, 2013 9:13 PM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
yomachi said:
Bakuman.

I thought there relationship and chemistry was awkward, them being self aware about that made it better but not by much. They had good scenes but I honestly wish that Mashiro never had a love interest and I'm a huge fan of romance. Even his chemistry with Kaya was better.

Kaya and Akito is the relationship that shined in the series for me, I thought it was better written even though they had way less focus.

StillSwingin007 said:

All the development that Satou went through was a result of Yamazaki and Misaki. Any thing that ever happens in that anime is a result of character interaction. How is that no noticeable effect? Not to mention the major theme in that anime is the difficulty of changing yourself and seeking easy ways out. Characters aren't going to flipflop their entire persona every episode. I'll give you unrealistic though. But it's something I was able to get past because of the dark comedic nature of NHK.
Dec 27, 2013 9:17 PM

Apr 2011
tsudecimo said:
yomachi said:
Bakuman.

The extremely pure love relationship they have impresses me. I mean...
Not to mention Mashiro's dream was farfetched but he...

I just found that more heartwarming than most relationships in anime I've seen but it also makes me want to bang my head on a table all at the same time. Haha.
Dec 27, 2013 9:33 PM

Aug 2013
Riiken said:
tsudecimo said:
yomachi said:
Bakuman.

StillSwingin007 said:

All the development that Satou went through was a result of Yamazaki and Misaki. Any thing that ever happens in that anime is a result of character interaction. How is that no noticeable effect? Not to mention the major theme in that anime is the difficulty of changing yourself and seeking easy ways out. Characters aren't going to flipflop their entire persona every episode. I'll give you unrealistic though. But it's something I was able to get past because of the dark comedic nature of NHK.

To defend tsudecimo, I can kinda see where he's coming from, but only from looking at Satou and Misaki's relationship. Kinda feel like there could've been more, y'know?
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Dec 27, 2013 9:48 PM

Dec 2012
yomachi said:

The extremely pure love relationship they have impresses me. I mean...
Not to mention Mashiro's dream was farfetched but he...

I just found that more heartwarming than most relationships in anime I've seen but it also makes me want to bang my head on a table all at the same time. Haha.

I see, that's makes sense. While I thought their promise was childish and unrealistic, I can understand that it does look rare and it's not something you commonly see. I guess that was heartwarming and impressive compared to real life. So that's what you meant by ''painfully'' lol?

Riiken said:

Yamzaki only effect he had on Satou was helping with the hikkimori thing which became completely irrelevant and was dropped after a few episodes. I can't really recall him having another noticeable effect on Satou. No, it's a result of a character action, which is not the same as a character affecting another character. Did the student president affect Satou or contributed to his development ? no she didn't, only her actions did. Her whole unrealistic brother situation is what affected Satou.

I don't think Misaki had that big of an affect on Satou even though that should have been an important part of the show. Misaki should have had more focus in general. I thought their relationship was underdeveloped, lacked focus and was rushed near the end. Misaki should have had the biggest affect on Satou but some of her screen time was wasted on those meeting interactions that didn't make Satou really understand Misaki or understand himself any better or solve or improve or change anything. He blamed her for mistakes he made and lashed his frustration on her. He didn't make an effort to understand her or be considerate to her feelings.. For what it's worth I though their relationship on the manga was better because their chemistry was better but that's have to do with the comedy being far greater in the manga. The open ending impacted my view on their relationship negatively in the end.

I didn't exactly imply that I wanted their personalities to flipflop, their's are unstable at it is. But I would like to see effects, influences and source of developments between the characters in their relationships, especially if the plot is about them and their wacky lives.

Maybe it went over my head but you can show me how each character affected Satou in a noticeable way.

While we are at it. Can you tell me how exactly Satou developed? I'm not saying he didn't change over the course of the series. But he was basically getting better and regressing and repeating that till the last very minute of the show. And while that was realistic in the sense that not everyone can successfully change and get rid of their flaws, it was rather predictable and for the lack of better word pointless. His character was just one dimensional when it came to development. I don't think he understood his self better nor others or get a better understanding or awareness of anything vital to him. I felt like his character wasn't well rounded and I just got to see one side of his development which was failing.
tsudecimoDec 27, 2013 10:00 PM
Dec 27, 2013 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
Izumiko and Miyuki from Red Data Girl anyone???
MangaList | AnimeList
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." -Joshua Graham
Dec 28, 2013 5:54 AM

Dec 2013
moritaka mashiro and azuki miho - bakuman
shouta kazehaya and sawako kuronuma - kimi ni todoke
Dec 28, 2013 6:03 AM

Oct 2012
Senjougahara and Kaiki

I can't explain this relationship. if you will look it in the surface it seems that they hate each other but as I watch the latest episodes of monogatari it seems there is more to it other than hate.
Dec 28, 2013 6:11 AM

Apr 2013
ZRShay said:
Koyomi Araragi and Senjougahara Hitagi. I LOVE THESE TWO. Their banter and exchange of verbal abuse and even just conversational pieces were always entertaining for me, and they are perfect for each other, in more ways than one.
Yeah that about sums it up
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 28, 2013 6:17 AM

Mar 2012
I guess the interaction between all of the cast is what make Inu x Boku SS interesting to me. Their quirk really shine when they close to each other.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 28, 2013 9:25 AM

Dec 2013
yuki and yuno relationship in future dairys
Dec 28, 2013 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
Sakura and Sasuke...

No, but seriously.. Yuki and Yuno, Guts and Casca, Hideki and Chii (obviously..) and maybe some more..
Dec 28, 2013 12:12 PM

Aug 2013
Yang and Julian, Yang and Reinhard, Reinhard and Kircheis all from Legend Of The Galactic Heroes.

Okabe and Kirisu from Steins;Gate

But the charcter relationship that beats all the above has to be Shinji and his right hand.
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.
Dec 28, 2013 12:16 PM

Nov 2013
Erin and Lilan in Kemono no Souja Erin - the most heartwarming relationship between human and animal I've seen so far.
Dec 28, 2013 12:25 PM

Dec 2012
Jiraiya and Naruto.
Nagato and Naruto.
Dec 28, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2013
You have got to be fucking shitting me about Asuka and Shinji, those 2 don't fit like nothing else and I hope they stop those shitty rebuilds implying this bullshit even for a second asap.
Internet-piracy is the cancer of Anime, leechers need to get caught and die out!
Dec 28, 2013 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
newsWatch9 said:
You have got to be fucking shitting me about Asuka and Shinji, those 2 don't fit like nothing else and I hope they stop those shitty rebuilds implying this bullshit even for a second asap.
Not this shit again. Do have no other opinions apart from "the rebuilds are shit". Also they do just fucking pay attention to the original

elite-sama said:
Dec 28, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 2013
BallsOfShinji said:
newsWatch9 said:
Not this shit again. Do have no other opinions apart from "the rebuilds are shit". Also they do just fucking pay attention to the original

Shut your whoremouth, I've watched more NGE than you watched anime as a whole.
Internet-piracy is the cancer of Anime, leechers need to get caught and die out!
Dec 28, 2013 12:37 PM

Aug 2013
newsWatch9 said:

Bullshit

elite-sama said:
Dec 28, 2013 12:38 PM

Sep 2013
BallsOfShinji said:
newsWatch9 said:

Bullshit

So is the rebuild
Dec 28, 2013 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
newsWatch9 said:
BallsOfShinji said:
Bullshit

So is the rebuild
You're a one trick pony aren't you.

elite-sama said:
Dec 28, 2013 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
BallsOfShinji said:
newsWatch9 said:
BallsOfShinji said:
Bullshit

So is the rebuild
You're a one trick pony aren't you.

Because they're bullshit, contain 0 main story up to the third and only a fraction of the characters even have any background whatsoever.

They are filled with fucking fanservice and bullshit non-sense, random relationship. The third wasn't bad since it actually contained story but all the characters except shinji are still blank.

Worst pieces of anime in the last ten years, makes me sad to see this being done to my fav series.
Dec 28, 2013 12:45 PM

Aug 2013
newsWatch9 said:

Because they're bullshit, contain 0 main story up to the third and only a fraction of the characters even have any background whatsoever.

They are filled with fucking fanservice and bullshit non-sense, random relationship. The third wasn't bad since it actually contained story but all the characters except shinji are still blank.

Worst pieces of anime in the last ten years, makes me sad to see this being done to my fav series.
We must be watching different things then. Also they are movies so will have less character development than the series as there is less time to involve of the intricate detail that was present in the series. Anyway lets stop derailing this thread shall we

elite-sama said:
Dec 28, 2013 2:25 PM

Feb 2013
Light and L are at the top probably.
Tiger & Bunny. I like Kotetsu's character a lot more but Bunny is a good complement.
Kyon with anyone but Mikuru. Great chemistry.
Natsume and Nyanko sensei.
Dec 28, 2013 2:29 PM

Apr 2009
Waver & Iskandar

The whole relationship inspired me and left a very heartwarming feeling.
Dec 28, 2013 2:35 PM

Sep 2013
BallsOfShinji said:
newsWatch9 said:

We must be watching different things then. Also they are movies so will have less character development than the series as there is less time to involve of the intricate detail that was present in the series. Anyway lets stop derailing this thread shall we

DETAILS?
besides Rei and the Ikari family, there's literally 0 background for anyone else.

The only 2 characters I ever cared about in NGE were Misato and Asuka and they have been slaughtered in RoE storywise. There is no reason for either of them to exist. Asuka is being dragged into some fanservice and an absolutely pointless, nonsensical, 180° from NGE relationship bullshit while Misato is sitting in a command center ALL DAY.

At least the main story, which was lacking behind extremely for 2 movies now has been catching up in the third kinda, but that still doesn't explain the insane backgroundstory-slaughter for literally everyone not Ikari/Rei related.

I just can't believe how anyone can find this shit remotely enjoyable.
Dec 28, 2013 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
NGE is shit
The only people that think it is a 10, are the ones that make up their own bullshit analysis of the anime and claiming how there is a deeper meaning to the anime when there really isn't. NGE is diarrhea

Back on topic:

2 i can think of .......

Spice and Wolf
Holo / Lawrence

Baccano
Issac and Miiria

Dec 28, 2013 2:56 PM

Jul 2012
omg i see a huge hole here

hunter x hunter - gon and killua. they are so devoted to each other its ridiculous. watching it i can't help but giggle and think "i love you gon!" " i love you killua" SMOOCH!

either way, the pairing is fantastic
Dec 28, 2013 3:31 PM

Jun 2011
My personal favorite is the relationship between Nicholas D. Wolfwood and Vash the Stampede from Trigun. I love how they are similar in personality but different in ideals.

Others include:
Gon and Killua from Hunter X Hunter
Issac and Miria from Baccano
Joseph and Caesar from JJBA
Luffy and Zoro from One Piece

Dec 28, 2013 4:17 PM

Jul 2013
araragi and senjougahara from bakemonogatari
taichi and chihaya from chihayafuru
rikka and yuuta from chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai
light and l from deathnote
isaac and miria from baccano
shizuo and izaya from durarara
waver and iskandar from fate zero
tomoe and nanami from kamisama hajimemashita
ciel and sebastian from black butler
natsume and madara from natsume yuujinchou
honey and mori and tamaki and kyouya from ouran high school host club
ein and zwei and zwei and drei from phantom- requiem for the phantom
makishima and kogami from psycho pass
mahiro and yoshino from blast of tempest

it'd take a while to explain all these but in general, these characters play off each other really well
Dec 28, 2013 4:25 PM

Sep 2011
Zeally said:
NGE is shit
The only people that think it is a 10, are the ones that make up their own bullshit analysis of the anime and claiming how there is a deeper meaning to the anime when there really isn't. NGE is diarrhea
ok people do that but saying thats essentially the only way to like the series is complete bullshit, yah its pretentous and its got some major plotholes but theres still a unique and unpredictable storyline there that delves deep into the character's fucked up minds, theres things people like outside of the fake meanings NGE is associated with

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 29, 2013 3:44 AM

Aug 2013
newsWatch9 said:

I just can't believe how anyone can find this shit remotely enjoyable.
Well I'm sorry that people have different tastes to you. I also feel sorry for you as you are in denial of that fact and seem to lack the ability to be able to understand that.

elite-sama said:
Dec 29, 2013 4:00 AM

Dec 2012
It didn't make the show or series for me, but....

Araragi and Hachikuji from Monogatari. I swear I looked forward to their back and forths all the time, and by Araragi being the major lolicon he is, things were even better. These two had some of the more entertaining little scenes I've ever seen in any anime. :D Just one of the best combos in anime ever!

Other favorite combos: Araragi x Senjougahara (Monogatari Series), Madara + Natsume (Natsume Yuujinchou), Hina x Hayate (Hayate no Gotoku!!), Tomoya + Fuko (Clannad), Soushi x Ririchiyo (Inu x Boku SS), Inuyasha x Kagome (Inuyasha), Horo x Lawrence (Spice and Wolf), Haruhi x Kyon (Haruhi Suzumiya), Taiga x Ryuuji (Toradora)
Tsundere-loverDec 29, 2013 4:16 AM
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Dec 29, 2013 4:20 AM

Jan 2013
Natsume Yuujinchou: Natsume and Nyanko-Sensei are both huge favorites of mine and I really enjoy watching their adventures together
Fate/Zero: Waver and Iskandar's relationship from master and servant to best of friends was enjoyable to watch.
Monogatari Series: Araragi and Sejougahara are one of the most amusing couples to watch.
Usagi Drop: Daikichi trying to take care of Rin was just so adorable.
Chuunibyou: Rikka and Yuuta's growing relationship was really amusing and enjoyable
Baccano!: Isaac and Miria are the best and most funniest couple i've seen on an anime
JaveraDec 29, 2013 4:23 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Endless eight and mental health concerns

trinitroglycerin - 4 hours ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
45 seconds ago

» Has anyone noticed how sequel bias is an anime only thing? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Apr 28

65 by joseifan »»
4 minutes ago

» Dai Sato (Ergo Proxy, Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop) Video Interview

MisatoAdmin - Apr 30

5 by Serafos »»
5 minutes ago

» Do your parents even know that you have a waifu?

Spunkert - Yesterday

18 by GrimAtrament »»
8 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - Apr 26

26 by Skuletor »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.