Forum Settings
Forums

What do you consider to be best english DUBed anime?

New
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2007 10:15 AM

Aug 2007
Cowboy Bebop and Rune Soldier IMO. Also the 2nd dubbing of Akira was very good.
Aug 30, 2007 8:40 AM
Aug 2007
The best dubbing is Golden Boy. There is nothing close to it - not ever and will never...
Aug 30, 2007 8:56 AM

Jun 2007
Except for Xellos. The slayers dub was pretty good.
Aug 30, 2007 5:34 PM

Mar 2007
Fruits Basket and Fullmetal Alchemist were good dubbed.. >>;
Aug 30, 2007 8:46 PM

Jun 2007
the meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya, rurouni kenshin, o and yea pokemon lol
put this in your signature if you have attempted alchemy by clapping your hands together or by drawing an array.
Aug 31, 2007 9:05 PM

Aug 2007
Here Is Greenwood (the early 90's dubbed version that is)

And then some I might just be used to the dubbed first or saw them dubbed first:
Fullmetal Alchemist
GTO
Tenchi Muyo
Fruits Basket

And a lot of the time when voices are done by "David Lucas"

poosan said:
The best dubbing is Golden Boy. There is nothing close to it - not ever and will never...

I think I might have to agree with that one, also.
Where0Meets15Sep 1, 2007 1:35 AM
Sep 1, 2007 12:24 AM

Aug 2007
I liked the dubbing for Full Metal Panic and Fruits Basket.
Sep 1, 2007 12:32 AM

Aug 2007
Kauboi bibappu
Sep 2, 2007 11:10 AM

Sep 2007
I think it goes without saying that FMA, Ghost In The Shell, IGPX, Samurai Champloo & Witch Hunter Robin were among the best dubs.
Endure The Terror Of My Fangs, As I Awaken My Crescent Valentine.......
Sep 3, 2007 6:39 PM

Aug 2007
Trigun and FMA was awesome dubbed!!
Sep 3, 2007 6:59 PM
Jun 2007
agreed FMA did have a very good dub
i actually like mustangs voice better in the dub than in jap
Sep 3, 2007 9:07 PM

Jun 2007
Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell
Sep 4, 2007 4:13 PM

Jun 2007
I think FMA is much better english dub than jap.
Sep 5, 2007 11:24 AM
Jul 2007
Cowboy Bebop + Hellsing are some of the best English Dubs that I've heard so-far.
Sep 5, 2007 2:50 PM

Aug 2007
ezpheranza said:
I think FMA is much better english dub than jap.

Totally agree! Envy is the only character that really stands out as being better in the Japanese version and even at that he sounds great in the dub, too! FUNimation done a fantastic job!
Sep 5, 2007 4:30 PM
Sep 2007
Since I generally tend to avoid dubs...the only one I've actually watched and liked is FMA. And I liked the Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh dubs too.
Sep 6, 2007 1:19 AM
Sep 2007
well... the anime that i thought which had great dubbed was yu yu hakusho and kyou kara maoh!

Sep 6, 2007 1:02 PM

Jul 2007
Slayers, Slayers Next, and Slayers Try are the best dubs ever. No contest.

Sep 9, 2007 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
NONE! subbing wins! well maybe its cuz im so used to subbing
hahah the last anime i saw dubbed was wayyy back like 5+ years ago..DBZ! LOL. that would be the best english dub haha
Sep 9, 2007 7:34 AM
Jul 2007
I watched Pokémon with dub when I was a kid, since then I haven't watch a single anime without sub. o.O
Sep 9, 2007 7:11 PM

Jun 2007
I think
Hellsing
Full Metal Alchemists and
Samurai Champloo had betters dubs then subs.

Also usually I prefer to watch comedies dubbed then subbed even if it's not better.
Sep 9, 2007 7:32 PM

Jun 2007
I like the Fruits Basket dub.. in the sub Yuki sounds kinda too feminine for me. I know that's what he's supposed to be like but I prefer the dub on that.. The Kodocha dub was okayish, I didn't like FMPF? dubbed though. Or the Gakuen Alice dub, they say 'Mikan' like 'pecan'..

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Sep 26, 2007 7:58 PM

Aug 2006
There are so many well dubbed anime that it's hard to choose. But considering I saw both Japanese and English episodes of Full Metal Panic:FUMOFFU, I was quite impressed as to how well dubbed the English version turned out!

So I chose: Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU!!!

Of course, I also think the dubbed versions of PreTear and Le Chevalier D'Eon are terrific too!
Sep 28, 2007 6:44 PM

Sep 2007
The best English dubs I've ever watched -- without a doubt, Le Chevalier D'Eon and GUNxSWORD.
Sep 28, 2007 7:15 PM

Aug 2007
samurai champloo and FMA are pretty good in dubs but other than those i never really liked the dubs made, subs ftw
Sep 28, 2007 7:35 PM

Aug 2007
Samurai Champloo, Hellsing and Le Chevalier D'eon.
Sep 28, 2007 8:49 PM

Sep 2007
FLCL
Fruits Basket (even though Momiji's voice is sooo annoying..)
Porco Rosso
Sep 30, 2007 11:17 PM

May 2007
FMA, Rurouni Kenshin - Tsuiokuhen, and Berserk are all done very well... as are pretty much all of Miyazaki's works......Aside from that i think thats all of the dubs I've seen.

Sep 30, 2007 11:25 PM

Jul 2007
Fruits Basket
Beck
Black Lagoon
Fullmetal Alchemist
Rurouni Kenshin
Oct 1, 2007 2:26 AM

May 2007
dunno never watched english dubs.
But the best german dub is Mononoke Hime.
The rest is bullshit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Oct 1, 2007 9:43 AM

Aug 2006
Ryogakun said:
The rest is bullshit.

Mononoke Hime or in US "Princess Mononoke" is one of the worst ever dubbed in English. They tried to go all out with famous movie stars as voice overs for the movie. They should have stuck with professional voice actors instead for the American dubbed version.
Oct 1, 2007 10:34 AM

May 2007
Gemelle said:
Ryogakun said:
The rest is bullshit.

Mononoke Hime or in US "Princess Mononoke" is one of the worst ever dubbed in English. They tried to go all out with famous movie stars as voice overs for the movie. They should have stuck with professional voice actors instead for the American dubbed version.

the germans who dubbed that are proffesionels so our version
is probably better then the english one^^

btw in germany the anime is named
Prinzessin Mononoke (Princess Mononoke)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Guidelines!
Oct 1, 2007 3:55 PM

Sep 2007
FMA and Blood+ both have excellent English dubs.

But I consider myself more of a dubbie anyway, if the series is dubbed in English I'd rather watch that then the subtitled version. I've never been a huge fan of subs, I want to concentrate on what's happening on screen instead of being distracted by the text. Dubs have become much better than they once were, and it's been a while since I've watched a dub that I hated.
Oct 1, 2007 4:52 PM

Jun 2007
Ayria said:

But I consider myself more of a dubbie anyway, if the series is dubbed in English I'd rather watch that then the subtitled version. I've never been a huge fan of subs, I want to concentrate on what's happening on screen instead of being distracted by the text. Dubs have become much better than they once were, and it's been a while since I've watched a dub that I hated.

qft

Oct 2, 2007 12:31 AM

Feb 2007
Ayria said:

Damn.....actually I was the same way. Always went for the Dubs for everything.

Until Blood+
That anime turned me against Dubs for awhile, until I could finally settle into my current happy state of equality :P
Oct 2, 2007 12:46 AM

Feb 2007
If I have the DVDs, I'll watch the dub. The only exceptions have been Stratos 4 and Galaxy Angel.
Oct 2, 2007 1:15 AM

Apr 2007
i dislike dubs :S but i watched Samurai Champloo whit english dubs and that one was okay
Oct 2, 2007 2:09 AM

Oct 2007
I don't think there is such a thing as a good dubbed anime. I watch it in Japanese or not at all.
Oct 2, 2007 3:04 AM

Aug 2007
Watching subbed is great so why can't they just make a DVd with only subs it's cheaper for everyone and I WOULD HAVE A LOT MORE BY NOW.
Oct 2, 2007 6:10 AM

Sep 2007
Parsalian27 said:

Until Blood+
That anime turned me against Dubs for awhile, until I could finally settle into my current happy state of equality :P

What? What was so wrong with the Blood+ dub? I thought they did an excellent job. And seriously, Kai's English VA is infinitely better than his Japanese VA. I can actually stand to listen to him speak for more than 5 seconds at one time.

@DarknessDescends: Why not? What makes dubs that outrageously horrible?
Oct 2, 2007 7:48 AM
Sep 2007
That I wonder too. It's o.k. to prefer subs over dubs or vice versa, but this pseudo-elitist "I don't watch dubs, because all dubs suck" is bullshit. How can you say a Japanese dub is better than an English one without speaking Japanese? You may dislike the voices themselves, but you can't comment on the quality of the voice acting unless you are fluent in Japanese, and fact is: most people who read subtitles aren't.
I'm not addressing Darkness here, by the way.

But to each his own. I've seen some good dubs and some crappy ones, and I prefer subtitles (most of the time) because Tokugawa Ieyasu (for example) with an American accent just doesn't feel right to me.
Oct 2, 2007 9:16 AM

Oct 2007
I'm pretty fluent in Japanese, yes. And watching American dubs when I am really from Sweden, it just doesn't make sense to me. In Sweden the only thing that's ever DUBBED is childrens cartoons, everything else that's foreign has subtitles. I'll always hate dubbed things, I never even liked dubbed things as a child. I only watched original American cartoons (WITHOUT subtitles) and by the time I was 5 I was fluent in English.
Oct 2, 2007 10:05 AM

Feb 2007
I really think you can't make an opinion about Dubs vs Subs unless you have watched AT LEAST 5 or 6 episodes in both first. None of this, watched one episode and it sucked. If we went by that logic I know a hell of a lot of people who would have never watched Haruhi. There really are a fair amount of shows that are just plain better dubbed, just as there are dubs that at best are atrocities against God. (replace "dub" with "sub" and re-read sentence)
Oct 2, 2007 11:20 AM

Jan 2007
Cowboy Bebop and FMP were really good but I think the best was Outlaw Star. I actually prefer watching it dubbed than subbed.
Oct 2, 2007 11:29 AM

Oct 2007
I've watched lots of dubbed anime. Both Swedish and English, and it's just plain bad compared to the Japanese originals. Back in the days when everything was on VHS and you couldn't choose for yourself what language you wanted.
*thanks the mighty powers that be for the creation of DVD*
Oct 2, 2007 11:48 AM
Sep 2007
Best Dubbed anime

Patlabor
Black Lagoon
Tenchi Muyo GXP - Funmation general do good dudding
Cowboy Bepop
Outlaw Star

I like the dubbed version of Princess Monokone

Oct 2, 2007 7:37 PM

May 2007
so many lazy ppl here

subs fw
Oct 2, 2007 8:11 PM

Sep 2007
DarknessDescends said:
I'm pretty fluent in Japanese, yes. And watching American dubs when I am really from Sweden, it just doesn't make sense to me. In Sweden the only thing that's ever DUBBED is childrens cartoons, everything else that's foreign has subtitles. I'll always hate dubbed things, I never even liked dubbed things as a child. I only watched original American cartoons (WITHOUT subtitles) and by the time I was 5 I was fluent in English.

Since you can understand Japanese the situation is different. I cannot and thus would prefer to watch the series in a language I can understand. In the end it's all about preference, and besides there are anime series/movies that were produced specifically for American/English audiences and were voiced in English first and Japanese later. By your definition of "dub" you must hate the Japanese version of, for example, Afro Samurai.

Ryogakun said:
so many lazy ppl here

subs fw

How does liking dubs qualify as being lazy?
AyriaOct 2, 2007 8:55 PM
Oct 2, 2007 10:25 PM

Oct 2007
That might be the case. But I don't know if I've even watch a TV series like that. But for example, She-Ra, which is an american series and not anime, if they made a Japanese version of that I'd probably cringe.
Oct 2, 2007 10:32 PM

Sep 2007
I watch subs.. I dont hate dubs i just like hearing japanese voices.. If i buy and english DVD i tend to watch the dub first and SOME of the ghibli dubs are ok..
Call me crazy but i think japanese voices are really good, and even though i dont understand the language you can really feel the emotions...
But i have to say ive never seen a dub that i loved..

I claimed Kasumi (Misty) (by Vertago)

(made by AngelLily)
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Happy Mother's Day, Who Are Anime's Best Moms ?

tchitchouan - Today

15 by TRC_Randy »»
2 minutes ago

» Every anime viewer has gone through this phase:

9765 - 6 hours ago

19 by Jellybeanx »»
2 minutes ago

» List of canceled anime.

ZXEAN - 4 hours ago

17 by eblf2013 »»
21 minutes ago

» Anime sequels that fell off

ST63LTH - Yesterday

45 by AcD4c »»
29 minutes ago

» What is your first anime and when did you start it? ( 1 2 3 )

Pinoffin - Mar 26

107 by Zedlin »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.