Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 28, 2020 1:52 AM

Nov 2016
Wow, granny was actually secretly a good person. I guess they were setting it up for that for a while.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Sep 26, 2020 4:04 AM

Apr 2013
And that conclues the backstory I guess. Now to the last timeline, let's see how they beat Takano.
Oct 30, 2020 6:34 AM
Oct 2019
Well this episode explain a lot of unanswered questions

So all the death from Oyashiro-sama Curse finally been explained..

Keiichi is back and Rika-chan and Hanyuu are ready for the final showdown...
Nov 12, 2020 5:57 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
These episode filled a gap, and some hidden puzzle from the time where Satoshi's dissaperance happened, as a result of Satoko's aunt death (Satoshi killed her). It was revealed how determined Oishi to unravel the mystery behind the deaths of those people. A justification part of him for his harsh action at a certain scenes. Well...

The reason of Satoshi's dissapearance really related to Hinamizawa Syndrome as a result of his behaviour showed a level 5 symptoms, and most likely Irie decide to imprisoned him under his clinic surveillance to object him as another live sample too. Damn! Oyashiro-sama curse mostly as a sign of Hanyuu in order to apologize for the peoples that involved into her powerless mistakes, as their belief. Well, i can't say much a complain about that footstep as a mixing Syndrome symptoms and the sign of Hanyuu apologize, its just really a new moves from Hanyuu to made everything difference. Its same as the way they led Maebara's father into liking the village, in order to led his son stay at the village.

Idk if its happened in the other realms. But, as they said in the end. Its not just their sole moves to made everything possible on these episode. Its just their determination and with the help of a chain effect at every universe, which cause those moves can be happened, in order to defeated Miyo's will of power. Nice plan, both of you! So lets see how well their fights againts the untouchable Takano Miyo. It must be so good!

Also, at these episode, Shion won't be showed yet. Its kinda worry me that its followed the route of the eyes opening arc, the Shion arc. So lets see how well those route was on the next episode revelations. Or maybe i had a mistake here? Lol. Mostly....

Also, Oniibaba justification moment was indeed surprised me. Its showed how different her personality on these episode right after Maebara's visit to the village, and how she view the changes from the outsider. Damn, i am kinda feel bad with her end situations at the eyes opening arc. Because she was actually cares of the change at every aspects. She was care much about Mion, the village conditions, then mostly already forget about Dam's issue, Houjou issue, and more importantly didn't even involved with Oyashiro-sama curse. Oh shit! What a revelations! I am very amazed with those little chat between a grandma with her grandchild ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 22, 2020 6:09 PM

Feb 2017
Doing a solid job of tying off loose ends so far, but I still have a few questions. I was hoping to see Rena’s incident at her old school, but I guess that isn’t happening. I was really hoping to see something of that throwaway bit about how Keiichi was going after little girls with a BB gun because that seemed like a pretty significant moment that doesn’t really fit with his character — if anything his dad seems like the one interested in little girls. Not sure why Irie has that repeated gag either, for that matter.

I assume Satoshi’s ambiguous disappearance and Satoko’s parents will both get expanded on — there’s obvious implications towards both but I’m still a little suspicious and want more resolutions there.

On a related note, I wonder what Shion will be up to in this timeline, since she’s as-of-yet unseen.

I both do and don’t hope Tomitake, Irie, and Satoshi can be saved — I think I want some lasting consequences in the good timeline but can’t help but root for everyone after all this.

Guessing there’s one last ace in the hole for Higurashi’s tapestry of mysteries — Kai has been too straightforward for me to trust everything.
Nov 26, 2020 5:09 AM

Oct 2016
Fantastic episode, and with that the final piece has now arrived it's time to beat the shit out of Takano.

Damn, that's interesting. Rika and Hanyu made sure that Keiichi would move to Hinamizawa through his father. Protecc Hanyu, she really be scaring people to death by her gomenasai's lmao. Though I think she actually managed to save Rena from scratching herself to death.

So, Satoshi used the money to escape but, in this timeline he bought the bear and didn't run. Hopefully Irie managed to treat Satoshi and he'll be present this time.

They also showed us the origins of the club, it was for Satoko.
Dec 11, 2020 8:10 AM

Nov 2018
Hanyuu is so cute <3
Hajimemashou!
I hate everyone equally
Jan 12, 2021 12:15 PM

Sep 2014
looking back at it, this was rather confusing. Previously mentioned Hanyuu and Rika can only go back in time 2 weeks before wataganashi, now it seems like either they knew about Keiichi a long time ago or managed to loop back further somehow

This makes me wonder just how far Hanyuu used to reset Rika in time
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 23, 2021 11:44 PM

Aug 2020
It's been boring these last couple of episodes. No major horror nor mystery. It seems like things are about to get a move on.

Granny is likable for once.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Dec 24, 2021 5:09 AM
Jul 2021
rena's real name is reina i guess and now that keichi is back in hinamizawa in this timeline the final battle is about to start.
Jun 7, 2022 2:24 PM
Nov 2020
So first thing i have to say is both rika and hanyuu are too cute.
Also Mion's grandma here looks like a good person.
And from so far i think this arc is telling us the whole story of from where the tragedy started and to where it leads from every charcater's point of view.And it gave us answers to how satoko and rika's parents died and where did satoshi go.
And ig takano was the antagonist all along but who was that silver hair woman she met at the end of last ep.
Nov 16, 2022 4:18 AM
Jun 2021

puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Aug 9, 2023 12:51 PM

Oct 2018
The granny is a good person. Now I feel bad when Shion killed her.
I like Keichi more than Satoshi of course.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.