Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 13, 2014 7:36 PM

May 2013
YES! Finally some closure is happening with all these relationships! Wow... we'll see what happens now. But I still think what I've thought ever since the time skip that it will be Hikari x Manaka, Chisaki x Tsumugu, Sayu and Kaname don't officially get together but they begin to head in that direction by the end of it, Miuna becomes the new Ofuneki. Chisaki and Tsumugi is the only relationship that I really want lol. I don't like Manaka that much, and Kaname is too much of a bitch to deserve anyone. Hikari x Miuna would be cool... except Hikari is like her uncle haha.
Mar 13, 2014 8:46 PM

Aug 2010
Boom. Shots fired.!!! I knew tsumugu would man up at some point. Or actually it was on accident but whatever works. The ball is now in chisakis court!

Like someone else said, this is really the only logical pairing left. The only other one I see happening is maybe Manaka and hii-kun . With the foreshadowing I would assume by some miracle manaka gets her memories back.
"A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart."
Mar 13, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2013
sol_trigger said:
im at ep 17 and i have to say this tsumugu guy is a robot...he doesnt show which girl he likes/loves. I mean hikari loves manaka, kaname loves chisaki but tsumugu doesnt...he's like a GAY to me

at the first arc i was seriously thinking tsumugu loves hikari...

oh no....not.... a GAY
Mar 13, 2014 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
Since the first episode I cheer for the two stay together
I do not know why but since the beginning I think the mature and introverted personality of the two combine
in episode 9 Tsumugo demonstrates the first evidence that likes her
and after spending 5 years together it became more evident
and now the two are older should certainly get together ..
________

Desde de o primeiro episodio torço para os dois ficarem juntos
não sei porque mas desde de o começo acho que a personalidade madura e introvertida dos dois combinam
no episodio 9 Tsumugo demonstra a primeira prova de que gosta dela
e depois de passarem 5 anos juntos isso ficou mais evidente
e agora que os dois são os mais velhos certamente devem ficar juntos ..
Mar 13, 2014 9:47 PM

Aug 2013
His confession was beautiful and I can't wait to see where this goes. I rooted for them since I knew he liked Chisaki ;;

This is my number one ship from this show they make me cry OTL
Mar 13, 2014 11:21 PM

Jul 2009
ruininomiya said:
sol_trigger said:
im at ep 17 and i have to say this tsumugu guy is a robot...he doesnt show which girl he likes/loves. I mean hikari loves manaka, kaname loves chisaki but tsumugu doesnt...he's like a GAY to me

oh no....not.... a GAY

LMAOOOOOO.
Gay has level up and now obtain The Ena. He is now ready and equipped to take on the final boss, Chisaki.

INB4 SOME WILD SEA DOUSHINJI, NOMSAYIN.
Mar 14, 2014 12:17 AM

Oct 2011
THAT CONFESSION WAS SO NICE I WOULD GO STRAIGHT FOR TSUMUGU
|ω・)
Mar 14, 2014 7:11 AM

Jan 2014
After this recognition, it becomes apparent that they will be together ... It's so obvious it becomes that much disgusting ...
Hikari x Chisaki's ship on the ocean floor... It's very sad
Mar 14, 2014 9:55 AM

Dec 2013
MeMeQueen said:
Am I the only who thinks that Chisaki's gonna reject Tsumugu? The preview doesn't seem to be of Chisaki dating Tsumugu. Also, Chisaki doesn't seem to think of Tsumugu romantically, right now and I doubt that she'll change her view in mere seconds.

Nevertheless, this ship is my OTP, so I, of course, want it to prevail. Episode 23 was really surprising and I really wonder what the next two episodes have in store for us watchers. I'd be really glad to hear feedback on what you guys have to say on this matter.

I also ship them, but I think you´re right. I think she wil reject him or say that she needs time to think about it. The first thing that needs to happen is that Chisaki starts to move on, which means she has to move on from Hikari. Furthermore the relationship between her and Kaname needs to be resolved. If this doesn´t happen than I don´t see a happy ending for them :/ (of course she also needs to realise that there are some romantic feelings for him and not use him as a substitute for Hikari). It would be silly if she starts to go out with him right after the confession because till now she always had the problem to move on. She needs to take it slow.
I think they won´t be a couple in the last ep (if there isn´t a time skip), but there is a chance that there will be hints that they will become a couple in the future (if Marie Okada doesn´t pull another Anohana were the viewers are left with a broken heart)
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Mar 14, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2012
@Above post: Yeah, the preview makes it seem like she won't give a definite yes to him anytime soon.

ruininomiya said:
sol_trigger said:

oh no....not.... a GAY

LOOOOL "a GAY" really?
Mar 14, 2014 12:01 PM

Sep 2010
LiMaKuS said:
After this recognition, it becomes apparent that they will be together ... It's so obvious it becomes that much disgusting ...

Oh crap, the "ship" that is all about Chisaki's regressive behavior and inability to grow up, overlapping her as a child and serves as escapism from the adult world (HikarixChisaki, by the way) is in the ocean floor in a show about growing up? No kidding. ;)

KanamexChisaki just show this episode they are poisonous to each other. Sayu confronted Kaname immediately when he acted like an ass and Tsumugu questioned Chisaki in private for her disgusting answer about "better to not love at all." It shows perfectly they are awful for each other just as the same time it built up Sayu (go girl) and Tsumugu as the partners they need. Thank you, Mari Okada.
Mar 14, 2014 12:23 PM
Jan 2014
Do people ship chisaki xhikari because it makes sense or just because they look good together? Since I don't see any indication that the author wants to go in that direction. Chisaki x Tsumugu however, was being set up since first season, hopefully that serves a purpose in the end.
Mar 14, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
KillerBee721 said:
Do people ship chisaki xhikari because it makes sense or just because they look good together? Since I don't see any indication that the author wants to go in that direction. Chisaki x Tsumugu however, was being set up since first season, hopefully that serves a purpose in the end.

Hikari x Chisaki is like Manaka x Tsumugu

Energetic outgoing character and a quiet reserved type. They are basically polar opposites of each other; a mismatch. People ship simply for the enjoyment of shipping but realistically the Hikari x Chisaki Manaka x Tsumugu ships are pretty much sunk.

Mar 14, 2014 12:46 PM

Sep 2010
Zeally said:
KillerBee721 said:

Hikari x Chisaki is like Manaka x Tsumugu

Energetic outgoing character and a quiet reserved type. They are basically polar opposites of each other; a mismatch. People ship simply for the enjoyment of shipping but realistically the Hikari x Chisaki Manaka x Tsumugu ships are pretty much sunk.

In another show, that's ok, but in this show where the end route is to grow up and accept change and mature... Hikari's very much the symbol to Chisaki of her childhood, clinging on him for her refusal to change because it's 'scary' (because sure as hell doesn't seem to give a crap about him to spend time with him or display her love with actions and not just empty words). Kaname, after this episode, has displayed encouraging Chisaki to a toxic behavior. They are both bad for each others because it's making them worst people by feeding their self pity complex.

It doesn't mean they are bad boys, it's just the romantic relationship with Chisaki would only be regressive, stagnant and potentially unhealthy.

Sayu and Tsumugu on the other hand are the ones they require to get their maturation process. They are matches to them because they overcompensate their faults.
Mar 14, 2014 4:32 PM

May 2009
LiMaKuS said:

Why disqusting? Why?
It was always deep in pacific rim, you just deluded yourself after timeskip.
Mar 14, 2014 9:06 PM

Jan 2014
bastek66 said:

That's it. It was all from the very beginning. It's too easy. It is a pity that the female characters with blue hair (I do not remember the name of this type of) in the anime almost never end up with main character.
Mar 14, 2014 9:52 PM

Sep 2010
LiMaKuS said:
bastek66 said:

That's it. It was all from the very beginning. It's too easy. It is a pity that the female characters with blue hair (I do not remember the name of this type of) in the anime almost never end up with main character.

It's not about 'ending up with the main character' but ending up with someone who would actually make her character progress into a better person and character. Hikari ain't that guy. He is the embodiment of her regression.

I'm a little appalled people 'ship' characters in this show without actually taking into account the message and the character arcs. It sounds you're (general you, notice) just holding a masturbatory self-inserting fantasy without taking into account the character in question and the logical conclusion to the trials and tribulations.
Mar 15, 2014 4:24 AM

May 2009
LiMaKuS said:

Rikka
Mar 18, 2014 9:06 AM
Feb 2014
I'm Tsumugu x Chisaki shipper too.
But I don't really sure that that two can be together at the end of the series.
And I also think that no one'll have their feelings returned to each other, everyone's single :'(
BUT I HOPE SUCH A SAD ENDING WON'T HAPPEN
Mar 19, 2014 7:32 AM

May 2009
Next episode preview http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/824/824278/
Mar 27, 2014 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
Finally! They deserve to be happy after all is done
I'm so happy ...
The ship has sailed my fellow shippers!
Mar 27, 2014 6:30 PM

May 2010
I have no preference in this show, however, they are so awkward together. I am serious, hard stuff to watch. .___. Furthermore it is too forced, I mean yeah it had been coming, but the process there? Very meh.

Good potential, bad execution. Tsumugu has been too much a one dimensional character. I expected more, much more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2014 2:06 AM

Sep 2010
Chisaki's answer when Tsumugu asked her if he could hold her was beautiful:

http://i.imgur.com/9XygCdc.gif

She finally smiles and welcomes him. What a subtle, really touching gesture. Followed by her guilty mantra of 'dame' not to Tsumugu but to herself because she's allowing herself to be so happy while everyone else suffers, but she still takes her happiness.

Good for Chisaki. She needed this.
Mar 28, 2014 2:44 AM

Jan 2010
Yzori said:
I have no preference in this show, however, they are so awkward together. I am serious, hard stuff to watch. .___. Furthermore it is too forced, I mean yeah it had been coming, but the process there? Very meh.

Good potential, bad execution. Tsumugu has been too much a one dimensional character. I expected more, much more.

Maybe you simply just disliked Tsumugu's type of character(silent thinker, cool, don't show much expression, talk in monotone), he is hard to understand, he said this himself to Miuna in episode 20 ("I guess I really am hard to read" "everyone from Shishio is overflowing with emotion" "I've always been a little envious")
I think he is a good character. I always like this type of character, and Tsumugu is definitely a well written one than many.

And also, because of you disliking Tsumugu and don't understand him, you find the whole Chisaki x Tsumugu moments awkward. To me they look really natural since time skip that I would have been surprised if they don't love each other.
Mar 28, 2014 2:53 AM

Feb 2012
WTF. This series is really fucking painful to watch especially at the part when Kaname was being butchered into pieces. I don't know on what Pairing to Ship anymore. This is Probably the first time that I'd be cringing all the way up to the end while in pain. First Time happening on watching a series with a Love Polygon on it after all these years. I temporarily stopped and is still stuck at Episode 19. Please do not (in any way spoil me), I didn't read any of the comments above so i am clueless on what's to happen.

I'm having this love and hate feeling on Tsumugu. Sometimes I feel he deserves Chisaki but sometimes i feel so disappointed with his actions that i really like Chisaki to end up with either Hikari (the one chisaki loves --- previously, i don't really know waht happens after ep 19) or Kaname (damn, i feel so sorry for this guy)

I HOPE EVERYONE DOESN"T END UP WITH ANYONE Please. This is just so painful. That's the best way to end it (imo)
Mar 28, 2014 2:55 AM

Jan 2013
It annoys me that people are still treating this show like any other romantic comedy.

This show isn't about shipping. It's about much more socially relevant and interesting concepts.
Mar 28, 2014 2:58 AM

Jan 2010
SolviteSekai said:
It annoys me that people are still treating this show like any other romantic comedy.

This show isn't about shipping. It's about much more socially relevant and interesting concepts.

People love shipping ^^ and it happens not only in romance anime :P
Mar 28, 2014 5:45 AM
Mar 2014
Shippers are a cancer.
Mar 28, 2014 1:04 PM
Oct 2012
SolviteSekai said:

Care to elaborate about the much more socially relevant and interesting concepts that you said?

I marathoned this show for 24 eps at once few days ago (+eps 25 ytd) and I just don't get what you're saying about that, since what I get from this show was how heavily focused this show on the romance and drama, hence romance and drama tags.

Of course you're right that this show isn't all about shipping at their romance relationships, they will probably tell us the remaining answers about the misteries of Uroko-sama, Sea God, and how things would happen for the people of sea at last eps; but can you name one anime with romance and drama tags (shippers aren't limited only to romcom, romance anime with comedy tag) where there aren't any people who ships?

Off topic aside, I shipped Tsumugu and Chisaki right after the time-skip at eps 14 event, since they lived for 5 years together after all, just can't see how they wouldn't be able to get together.
Mar 28, 2014 2:19 PM
Mar 2014
trasal said:
SolviteSekai said:

Care to elaborate about the much more socially relevant and interesting concepts that you said?

I marathoned this show for 24 eps at once few days ago (+eps 25 ytd) and I just don't get what you're saying about that, since what I get from this show was how heavily focused this show on the romance and drama, hence romance and drama tags.

Of course you're right that this show isn't all about shipping at their romance relationships, they will probably tell us the remaining answers about the misteries of Uroko-sama, Sea God, and how things would happen for the people of sea at last eps; but can you name one anime with romance and drama tags (shippers aren't limited only to romcom, romance anime with comedy tag) where there aren't any people who ships?

Off topic aside, I shipped Tsumugu and Chisaki right after the time-skip at eps 14 event, since they lived for 5 years together after all, just can't see how they wouldn't be able to get together.

Nisekoi. There is only 1 thread of hardcore shiptards. You rarely see any people who are too focused on the shipping.

And Monogatari Series.
Mar 28, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
CrashClown said:
Nisekoi. There is only 1 thread of hardcore shiptards. You rarely see any people who are too focused on the shipping.

And Monogatari Series.
Shipping is not restricted to MAL threads. You're ignoring shippers on many other platforms, such as tumblr and fanfiction sites. I agree with trasal that it is only natural for people to ship characters, especially with a love triangle, square, whatever it is, like in Nagi no Asukara.

trasal said:
SolviteSekai said:

I agree this show is not only about the romantic relations between characters, but it plays a pretty huge part. Though I'm curious, too, what socially relevant and interesting concepts you're thinking of.

OT: The Chisaki x Tsumugu hints in the first cour were weak, so I didn't like the pairing then, but in the second cour, it's obvious how natural they feel around each other. I think it was more than one scene where they move around the kitchen in total harmony, and I thought it was really cute. I liked how Tsumugu dealt with his feelings for Chisaki. I didn't like how Chisaki kept trying to lie to herself.

Something about this pairing is off-putting, but I like it enough that I want this to be one of the final pairings. The thought of Chisaki, a college student, liking a middle schooler, just... no.
Mar 28, 2014 3:03 PM
Mar 2014
What about tumblr, facebook, and other fansites? I don't go there so...... Ya I can ignore them. lol

Edit: I know shipping is not restricted pretty much on site, but I will call them shiptards regardless.
Mar 28, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
CrashClown said:
What about tumblr, facebook, and other fansites? I don't go there so...... Ya I can ignore them. lol
What you were replying to was this:
SolviteSekai said:
but can you name one anime with romance and drama tags (shippers aren't limited only to romcom, romance anime with comedy tag) where there aren't any people who ships?
My point was that your argument is invalid because there are definitely shippers on other sites.
Mar 28, 2014 3:09 PM
Mar 2014
Keyword: anime
Mar 28, 2014 3:11 PM
Mar 2014
I'm using this site not any other sites to show an anime that people that don't ship.

Idk where you're going with "invalid argument" stuff.
Mar 29, 2014 7:35 AM

Sep 2010
CrashClown said:

And Monogatari Series.

Why are you bringing garbage harem shows when discussing a real romance one as if they were comparable? Those shows are utterly gross pandering without a lick of actual development.
Mar 29, 2014 7:36 AM
Mar 2014
Answering a question.

"gross"? Lol only a female would say that.

Edit: No development? Well how come the Monogtari series in top 100? I look at your favorite shows. I can see why you say romance with development.
CrashClownMar 29, 2014 7:40 AM
Mar 29, 2014 7:39 AM

Sep 2010
CrashClown said:
Answering a question.

"gross"? Lol only a female would say that.

Yes, and your point is? If you like gross harem shows, stick to them. Don't bring that crap into one that deals with romance as coming of age and character development rather than fawning over self insert number 10778874 and tired unfunny troupes that are mean to 'be hot' for no reason at all. There's always shipping in shows based on love triangles and polygons.

Harem shows is another kind of thing, like fighting which female character is 'better' in their subjective pandering of their personal fetish. Please watch more actual romance anime and join the discussion, you'll notice "shipping" is part of it. Trying to compare apples and oranges is ridiculous.
Mar 29, 2014 7:40 AM
Mar 2014
I actually dislike harem shows so no.

Edit: watch more romance anime? Why? I'm a arrogant male. I don't watch romance unless my girlfriend asked me to watch with her/discuss with her.

I can't see myself late at Sunday night watching a anime show. I don't.
Mar 29, 2014 7:42 AM

Sep 2010
You're aware of the 'discussion'. If you actually want to compare things, watch shows like True Tears, which is borderline harem, but shipping flew out of handle. Now back to topic.

And you remind me to update my MAL profile.
Mar 29, 2014 7:45 AM
Mar 2014
True Tears. Oh god. Rather watch that boring Clannad or Bakuman(pretty good) or Nodame Cantabile(ok maybe not).
CrashClownMar 29, 2014 7:52 AM
Mar 29, 2014 8:09 AM

Sep 2010
Back to topic to the fellow fans. Now Tsumugu and Chisaki are pseudo together, what interests me to see is the family reaction. Shame there's no time to explore this because the family factor was always a favorite one and it was very wasted after the timeskip.

1. Tsumugu's parents in the city. I would have liked their reactions and confrontation because of the Tsumugu has ena now.
2. His grandfather's reaction to this and Chisaki/Tsumugu (which he seems supportive about).
3. Chisaki's parents awakening at last and facing their changed daughter.
4. Shioshishio awful exile and segregation policies reviewed after hybrids like Miuna and Tsumugu got ena. Which could revoke Akari and Isamu from their ridiculous exile, and get Miuna and Tsumugu as dwellers there. The final wrapping to solve the 'racial' tension. Things change, they should start moving or remain stagnant and sleeping forever (it's quite a symbolic hibernation, huh?).

Unfortunately, this won't likely be addressed because lack of time, or just fast-forwarded.
Apr 7, 2014 12:15 AM
Dec 2011
Apparently we got a really a stingy ending, romance-wise! Anyways, I made a video about Tsumugu X Chisaki and I suppose that this is the more appropriate thread in which post it.
For who is interested here the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLhhXEzFx10
May 19, 2014 2:26 AM

Nov 2013
Being Tsumugu my favorite character I would love to see an OVA with Tsumugu x Chisaki being a couple, and ofc the other couples too.

But...Tsumugu x Chisaki until the END
May 19, 2014 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
Tsumugu X Chisaki doesnt seem like a couple as it felt weird seeing them nothing in common and the only reason was they were the same age. In my opinion its a forced relationship.

Hikari x Chisaki!!!

Tsumuga has more feeling for the fish and probably should marry it instead
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2014 10:58 PM

Jan 2010
Renaultclio101 said:
Tsumugu X Chisaki doesnt seem like a couple as it felt weird seeing them nothing in common and the only reason was they were the same age. In my opinion its a forced relationship.

Hikari x Chisaki!!!

You should probably rewatch the whole thing and focused more on pairings other than the one you favored and watch objectively.

The plot did make Chisaki and Tsumugu's pairing to develop. Their relationship is not forced because before time skip, we already got some hint of the possibility of Tsumugu x Chisaki. The plot after time skip only made the possibility greater and sunk Hikari x Chisaki pairing at the same time, so Hikari can be with Manaka.

Also, Tsumugu loves the sea. Fish is part of the sea. So he loves fish. But Chisaki is like the sea. She is the sea itself (for him). So of course he loves Chisaki more than the fish :P
May 21, 2014 3:25 PM

Sep 2013
Even though i ABSOLUTELY HATED it.....i knew surely this was going to happen....like in the mart where his and her arm touches and she blushes, i knew there was going to be development along this line
May 21, 2014 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
GlaringDream said:
I don't think they will go anything near it happening, but I will sink with this ship, holding the flag. The potential is glorious!

Surprise!
May 23, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2014
Personally, I expected and wanted to see drama like a Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. That is, Hikari had to stay on the ground, not Tsumugu. And instead made some stupid baby love. Obstinacy ram. In terms of plot this anime weak. Especially in the last series was all too predictable. But the audio and visual part of Simply awesome, I really appreciate it

P.S. From the beginning I was a fan of Hikari x Chisaki. And do not remind me about it
Jul 2, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2011
Shicchi said:
Renaultclio101 said:

Hikari x Chisaki!!!

You should probably rewatch the whole thing and focused more on pairings other than the one you favored and watch objectively.

The plot did make Chisaki and Tsumugu's pairing to develop. Their relationship is not forced because before time skip, we already got some hint of the possibility of Tsumugu x Chisaki. The plot after time skip only made the possibility greater and sunk Hikari x Chisaki pairing at the same time, so Hikari can be with Manaka.

Also, Tsumugu loves the sea. Fish is part of the sea. So he loves fish. But Chisaki is like the sea. She is the sea itself (for him). So of course he loves Chisaki more than the fish :P

This! Just... the last couple of posts for this thread are from bitter fans of a different pairing. How immature. It needs cleansing. I'm quoting this response for that purpose. ;)

Tsumugu x Chisaki 4ever~
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.