Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 13, 2014 3:43 PM

Jun 2007
BrenDOTcom said:
SetsukoHara said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
I like Eminem because he's an incredibly skilled lyricist and has a good voice for this style of music.

He is a good lyricist, but he doesn't know how to make good music anymore.

What about his newest album? that was bomb.

I'd have to agree - Marshall Mathers LP 2 is possibly his best album yet, or at least on par with his older stuff. He had some minor setbacks and bumps in quality of his music, but he's definitely back.
Jan 13, 2014 3:46 PM

Oct 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
BrenDOTcom said:
SetsukoHara said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
I like Eminem because he's an incredibly skilled lyricist and has a good voice for this style of music.

I'd have to agree - Marshall Mathers LP 2 is possibly his best album yet, or at least on par with his older stuff. He had some minor setbacks and bumps in quality of his music, but he's definitely back.

He never left.
Jan 13, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2007
Fierce_Deity22 said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
BrenDOTcom said:
SetsukoHara said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

He never left.

Maybe if Relapse never happened I could somewhat go with that, but it did and it was fucking awful, and even Recovery - while having some great stuff - was also filled with a lot of garbage. MMLP2 is the first time in a long time that he's made a full album of top quality content.
Jan 13, 2014 3:51 PM
Jan 2014
Fierce_Deity22 said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
BrenDOTcom said:
SetsukoHara said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

He never left.

He actually admitted that Recovery was crap. He had good intentions in trying to make more elevating music with songs like "Not Afraid" but it's just not what he is good at. However MMLP2 is nothing but impressive.
Jan 15, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
BrenDOTcom said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
BrenDOTcom said:
SetsukoHara said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

He never left.

He actually admitted that Recovery was crap. He had good intentions in trying to make more elevating music with songs like "Not Afraid" but it's just not what he is good at. However MMLP2 is nothing but impressive.

His latest albums aren't that bad. They were just too mainstream. It's like when Metallica came out with Load and Reload. They weren't bad albums but Metallica are better at thrash. Anyway, I think Eminem has changed a lot. He used to be full of hate and his lyrics were funny and clever ( they still are but they're not as good as his old shiz ). "Told the nurse to save my bed for me, I might be back trick So barricade your entrance, put up some extra fences. A woman beater, wanted for repeated sex offences"
Jan 15, 2014 3:14 PM

Dec 2012
fan bases.. pfft.
i like to dissect girls, did you know i'm utterly insane?
Jan 16, 2014 3:57 PM

Dec 2013
Eminem makes decent enough music though he's not the best rapper. The only album he produced I could say was 'outstanding' was 8 Miles. Anything after that was 'meh'.

I could name quite a few rappers who produces even or perhaps better music than that of Eminem's. lol
Jan 16, 2014 7:13 PM
Jan 2014
I enjoy listening to some of Eminem's albums. He is like the Elvis of rap. I wouldn't stereotype anyone who likes listening to his music as as hardcore "Fuck you em is king" elitist. I admire the fact he's been able to stay relevant in the mainstream for as long as he has. His albums still sell very well and isn't the worst thing I can say I've heard.

Also I hate to have double standards and sound like a hypocrite...but Insane Clown Possie has the worst fan base. Some aspects of the juggalo subculture make me cringe.
( '<homp
Jan 16, 2014 7:20 PM

Jan 2014
appleshampoo said:
He is like the Elvis of rap.

not really just stop comparing i think he is good i don't like him.
elvis is good i just don't think that its right to compare them.

eminem's music is fine but he doesn't seem interesting i just find it lacking of interest where as most music i listen to is --- not much better.

rap=/=good vocal=/=good
yes i sound like a dick :3 but vocal is just distracting from the well made tracks.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Jan 16, 2014 7:31 PM
Jan 2014
text27 said:
appleshampoo said:
He is like the Elvis of rap.

not really just stop comparing i think he is good i don't like him.
elvis is good i just don't think that its right to compare them.

When I say he is like the Elvis of rap I am referring to how they both took a primarily black dominated revenue and used white people as a target audience. Also both were very controversial for their times.
( '<homp
Jan 17, 2014 9:49 AM
Aug 2013
BrenDOTcom said:
I would go as far as to say that Eminem is the best rapper currently alive. He is also the only massively popular rapper that I at least believe deserves the fame. Yes I am a fan boy but he is truly the best at what he does, and if anyone deserves the title of "Rap God", it's him.

As far as having a bad fan base, I didn't notice it until I said his album Recovery was bad to a fan girl. That is when all hell breaks loose.
SetsukoHara said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

lmao best rapper alive, not by far

Lupe Fiasco SLR eats Rap God alive
Jan 18, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
VerbalEssences said:
BrenDOTcom said:
I would go as far as to say that Eminem is the best rapper currently alive. He is also the only massively popular rapper that I at least believe deserves the fame. Yes I am a fan boy but he is truly the best at what he does, and if anyone deserves the title of "Rap God", it's him.

As far as having a bad fan base, I didn't notice it until I said his album Recovery was bad to a fan girl. That is when all hell breaks loose.
SetsukoHara said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

The fanbase tends to be shit head white kids from the burbs, so yes I agree with most of what the OP has to say, but...

Have to admit Eminem has some pretty good freestyle rap, but his written stuff was never that great and Big L still kills him in that regard, kid won 3 consecutive Mic King of NY awards, the first one he had earned when he was 14yrs old, he was also on a record label and a millionaire by the time he was 18.

The problem with Eminem's rap, is that there are so many rappers that have that 'gangster rap' or 'shock rap' feel that do a much better job of it; Non-Phixion, though no longer a group, would be a perfect example of a Hip-Hop group that basically invented 'Gangster Rap', and would own, imo, even Notorious B.I.G. in the genre.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Jan 18, 2014 10:41 AM

Nov 2013
Eminem like quite a few artists are commercially successful so fans like that are expected. You could see the same thing with Pac and Biggie fans.

Imo MMLP2 was his best album in years but really nothing special. I give him props for staying relevant after putting out a few sub par albums over the years though Lol.
Jan 18, 2014 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
MorsPulchra said:
VerbalEssences said:
BrenDOTcom said:

SetsukoHara said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

The fanbase tends to be shit head white kids from the burbs, so yes I agree with most of what the OP has to say, but...

Have to admit Eminem has some pretty good freestyle rap, but his written stuff was never that great and Big L still kills him in that regard, kid won 3 consecutive Mic King of NY awards, the first one he had earned when he was 14yrs old, he was also on a record label and a millionaire by the time he was 18.

The problem with Eminem's rap, is that there are so many rappers that have that 'gangster rap' or 'shock rap' feel that do a much better job of it; Non-Phixion, though no longer a group, would be a perfect example of a Hip-Hop group that basically invented 'Gangster Rap', and would own, imo, even Notorious B.I.G. in the genre.

Eminem was never been about gangster rap. He raps a lot about the troubles he's had to face like being poor and his family members not wanting anything to do with him. Em is the master when it comes to shock. I heard that an Australian politician try to ban him for entering the country. He's even had people protest against him because of his lyrics. The saddest one was when Kim tried to kill her self because Em invited her to a gig then performed the song "Kim". If you think the fans you've encountered are bad, thank god you haven't met some of the thrash metal fans out there. Some of these bitches were actually angry when Metallica cut their hair. Wtf!?
Jan 18, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2013
^Really!? lol that's hilarious, I like Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden etc, but I've never really thought one was better than the other, they all have their unique playing style, though Dave Mustaine's solos for Metallica are probably some of the better ones for the group. I.E; Ride The Lightning, but then again Kirk kills it in Blackened.

If you like shock rap try artists like Necro or Mr. Hyde on for size, they say a lot more vulgar/violent things then Eminem, in fact that is the sole reason why they are not commercially successful. Funny thing is Eminem just raps about doing stuff like them, but they have, for the most part, actually done it. Hell their whole record company, as most early 90's hip-hop groups, is based of off narcotics sales and contracts(kill for $).

Once again just my opinion, Eminem should stick to battle/punchline rap, that's his strong suit, all his reflective stuff just makes him sound like a teenager emo kid.

Jan 18, 2014 6:22 PM

Dec 2013
Aren't fans of almost anything like that though? Let's be honest here...
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jan 18, 2014 6:29 PM

Jun 2007
MorsPulchra said:
^Really!? lol that's hilarious, I like Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden etc, but I've never really thought one was better than the other, they all have their unique playing style, though Dave Mustaine's solos for Metallica are probably some of the better ones for the group. I.E; Ride The Lightning, but then again Kirk kills it in Blackened.

If you like shock rap try artists like Necro or Mr. Hyde on for size, they say a lot more vulgar/violent things then Eminem, in fact that is the sole reason why they are not commercially successful. Funny thing is Eminem just raps about doing stuff like them, but they have, for the most part, actually done it. Hell their whole record company, as most early 90's hip-hop groups, is based of off narcotics sales and contracts(kill for $).

Once again just my opinion, Eminem should stick to battle/punchline rap, that's his strong suit, all his reflective stuff just makes him sound like a teenager emo kid.

One of his most strongest selling to demographics are emo teenage kids - and in a bunch of his songs and almost all his interviews he's admitted to keeping a lot aimed in their direction to help them with their own lives. I'm not going to say he raps to be inspirational or motivational, but he's made it clear he wants at least some of his music to do what music did for him. If he stops getting across that relateability in his music to those teens and such they can no longer use it to get through things.

I'd also say a lot of his 'reflective stuff' isn't just aimed towards emo teens, it's aimed towards anyone with issues in their life. Sorry to remind you, but even adults have feelings and rough times they have no way of getting past aside trying to survive through them. His music makes even adults able to relate and get something out of it.
Jan 19, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
One of his most strongest selling to demographics are emo teenage kids - and in a bunch of his songs and almost all his interviews he's admitted to keeping a lot aimed in their direction to help them with their own lives. I'm not going to say he raps to be inspirational or motivational, but he's made it clear he wants at least some of his music to do what music did for him. If he stops getting across that relateability in his music to those teens and such they can no longer use it to get through things.

I'd also say a lot of his 'reflective stuff' isn't just aimed towards emo teens, it's aimed towards anyone with issues in their life. Sorry to remind you, but even adults have feelings and rough times they have no way of getting past aside trying to survive through them. His music makes even adults able to relate and get something out of it.

True enough, but there are plenty of artists with a greater appeal for the adult demographic, which is why I specifically mentioned the demographic of 'emo teenagers'. I hate to remind you, but it doesn't take a saint(or somebody who cares) to to say; "I'm doing it for the [insert humanitarian object here]." All it takes is a smart businessman, not saying he may be personally like that, but you never know, people tend to be the exact opposite by themselves, as when they are in front of others.

"Sorry to remind you, but even adults have feelings and rough times they have no way of getting past aside trying to survive through them..."

I don't feel like going much into the psychological/philosophical side of things, but I think people like that are selfish and weak/apathetic. Weak/Apathetic; because they depend on other people and things to achieve, what they can achieve by themselves. Selfish; because they think they have it so bad, but they really don't.
MorsPulchraJan 19, 2014 2:03 PM

Jan 19, 2014 2:54 PM

Jul 2011
hurrr there are people worse off than me, my problems should obviously not matter to me because of that reason.

You assume everyone should think like you? That's not really a weakness lol. I wouldn't call that a strength, but rather loneliness. It's a necessity and strength to myself and others to be able to confide with, relate to and depend on others while being depended on myself.

Sorry for not being a fedora sporting nihilist.
Jan 19, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2011
He seems to care more about his music than 'bitches and hoes', and I respect him for that.
Jan 19, 2014 3:07 PM

Dec 2013
i'm pretty sure the fanbase for teen stars (justin beiber and the like) are much worse.
Jan 20, 2014 2:09 PM

Nov 2013
MorsPulchra said:

Hell their whole record company, as most early 90's hip-hop groups, is based of off narcotics sales and contracts(kill for $).

Where did that come from?(Referring specifically to Necro's label and especially about the "contracts").
Jan 21, 2014 5:52 AM

May 2009
C_rnage said:
MorsPulchra said:

Hell their whole record company, as most early 90's hip-hop groups, is based of off narcotics sales and contracts(kill for $).

Where did that come from?(Referring specifically to Necro's label and especially about the "contracts").

I wouldn't take what she said (or anything she said so far) seriously, apparently her meds aren't working. Anyway, this thread is no different than the other countless troll threads with no real point other than satisfying the ego and the personal beliefs of OP. To lighten up the mood I'll finish this post with a quote from Chris Rock,

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?”
bergilJan 21, 2014 5:58 AM
Jan 21, 2014 11:59 AM

Nov 2013
“meds” and “ego” in combination with a House pic? The mood was already light. She had a few accurate points then lost me.

I agree with the purpose of this thread though...
Jan 21, 2014 12:13 PM

May 2009
C_rnage said:
“meds” and “ego” in combination with a House pic? The mood was already light. She had a few accurate points then lost me.

Aww, really? How kawaii of you.
Jan 21, 2014 12:16 PM

Jan 2014
trillshit said:
i'm pretty sure the fanbase for teen stars (justin beiber and the like) are much worse.
nuff said.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Jan 21, 2014 12:48 PM

Nov 2013
bergil said:
C_rnage said:

Aww, really? How kawaii of you.

Indeed.
Jan 21, 2014 9:00 PM

Jun 2013
Blood on the Dancefloor girls are much worse.
"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7582 by Maumuu »»
4 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3383 by 3miL »»
6 hours ago

» Discuss the last movie you watched ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GloriousHawk - Dec 29, 2012

4817 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
10 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

2 by Pengawas »»
Today, 6:00 AM

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.