Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2013 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like Billy has an admirer :p

Damn, poor Captain though. I feel for him..
I'm not too fond of this Margaret character or what her philosophies she tries to believe in. Anyways, the series itself maintained its premise well and had me interested in many parts but lacked characterization imo. Overall, 6/10. I did enjoy this more than I had thought thou.

Seems like Margaret fell for Penny. So aliens can feel emotions.
Aug 28, 2015 2:20 AM
Apr 2015
Where the hell did you watch it? I can't find any of it because it was licensed
Jul 17, 2021 3:06 PM
Dec 2019
Francis_0 said:

Well did you find it? If not I can private message you the link.

As for my thoughts on the show, the plot was mostly fine in that each episode had an adequate amount of tension. However for such a short series and given the premise I was expecting the plot to build on each episode rather than a series of separate endeavors wherein the aliens posted one new threat after another. It should be a progression of moving back the battle line and finding out more about the aliens together, and the show would have benefited from this.

The setting and visuals are definitely the best part about this. You won't find this kind of aesthetic in many anime. Like the review said, there's no mawkish moe or other annoying anime-ness to this, which is great.

However one thing that hurts the value of the show is that like Stark said, it lacks characterization, which means it has to rely solely on the plot to draw you in and with the plot not being exceptional, that's a problem. The character relationships and motivations are lacking, as is the charm of the personalities. From the reviews and comments on MAL and Anidb I got the impression that this would have a self-aware, cheesy fun tone but that's not the case. Besides the opening there is little effort to play on the 1950s charm and nearly everything is played dead serious and straight.

The other thing that nearly ruins the anime, which had been OK up to that point, is the ending, which tries to give some message about peace between races and it's misplaced in a show like this which is set up to be a straightforward summer blockbuster us vs them flick.
Jul 18, 2021 4:52 AM
Apr 2015
Recynon said:
Francis_0 said:

Well did you find it? If not I can private message you the link.

As for my thoughts on the show, the plot was mostly fine in that each episode had an adequate amount of tension. However for such a short series and given the premise I was expecting the plot to build on each episode rather than a series of separate endeavors wherein the aliens posted one new threat after another. It should be a progression of moving back the battle line and finding out more about the aliens together, and the show would have benefited from this.

The setting and visuals are definitely the best part about this. You won't find this kind of aesthetic in many anime. Like the review said, there's no mawkish moe or other annoying anime-ness to this, which is great.

However one thing that hurts the value of the show is that like Stark said, it lacks characterization, which means it has to rely solely on the plot to draw you in and with the plot not being exceptional, that's a problem. The character relationships and motivations are lacking, as is the charm of the personalities. From the reviews and comments on MAL and Anidb I got the impression that this would have a self-aware, cheesy fun tone but that's not the case. Besides the opening there is little effort to play on the 1950s charm and nearly everything is played dead serious and straight.

The other thing that nearly ruins the anime, which had been OK up to that point, is the ending, which tries to give some message about peace between races and it's misplaced in a show like this which is set up to be a straightforward summer blockbuster us vs them flick.

Well, thanks. It's already 6 years, but I already watch in Youtube. Russian dub

More topics from this board

Poll: » Project BLUE Chikyuu SOS Episode 1 Discussion

Serg - Jan 9, 2008

3 by Apollo18 »»
Dec 11, 2019 7:35 AM

Poll: » Project BLUE Chikyuu SOS Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2013

0 by Stark700 »»
Nov 17, 2013 5:52 PM

Poll: » Project BLUE Chikyuu SOS Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2013

0 by Stark700 »»
Nov 17, 2013 5:15 PM

Poll: » Project BLUE Chikyuu SOS Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2013

0 by Stark700 »»
Nov 17, 2013 4:04 PM

Poll: » Project BLUE Chikyuu SOS Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2013

0 by Stark700 »»
Nov 17, 2013 3:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.